Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
lindamac
wub.gif Get well dear Stratson Iam so looking forward to meeting you in September my friend.

well I went to the perfumery sale & managed to get some nice wee shower gels & body scrubs for 2 bucks a pop & a few wee spray colognes of Celine Dions for 5 bucks each as well as some gift sets of hers for 10 bucks so Iam quite chuffed since it is nice everyday type of light perfumery at a fraction of the cost & very suitable stocking fillers for xmas.

This afternoon Iam off to get my hair done at last it feels so untidy so looking forward to it especialy the lovely hair treatment & massage afterwards. tata the now. biggrin.gif
Java
Good Mornin' everybody biggrin.gif

Stratson, ah'll come help ye wi the weedin, ah promise...hope everythin went okay and yer feelin fine... wub.gif

Ron whit ye doin' up at this time? Ye aw excited aboot yer trip?
RonD
Ah'm excited aboot Mrs. RonD clanging aboot an' wakin' me wink.gif
Java
Ocht well since yer up ye might as well make the tea....jist milk in mine...laugh.gif
RonD
Och jings I'm jist oot o' milk wid ye mind runnin' doon tae the dairy tae get a pint. I'll pey ye oan peyday!
RonD
As Rabbie Burns wid say...."Alloway!" talk tae yeez a' soon!
stratson
Aw java, a knew you would keep to yer word. Thanks evrybidy for good wishes, Got the thingy done yesterday, stayin' at home tae see how it goes. It's a wummin thing>>> rolleyes.gif

Have prepared a nice salad, fish'nchips gaun in the oven a quarter tae five. Easy peasy dinner the night.

Ma G /daughter seein' tae the green house, got tomatoes, red peppers and various herbs, indoor plants, Zak's granda is givin' me some cucumbers too.(he's done that past couple'ayears.0 in there. Hope tae get up masel the morra.

MrsRond probly has a few wee things fir you tae dae the day Ron , canny hiv ye sittin' aboot idle! laugh.gif
Marion Niven Dougan
Hi guys, the guy is in cleaning my carpets. My Brother and family arrive tomorrow from Glasgow, a canny wait yeah !!!!!
CAT
Stratson good tae find ye in good cheer biggrin.gif Dinner sounds lovely it's fish and chips also fur me the night as it's mammy's night fur me. I'm going to take your recomendation on the chippy in calder street when we're oot fur our wee drive the night. Nae wonder ma diets no workin unsure.gif
stratson
Yer Mammy is gonny enjoy her tea the night, so will you Cat, you'll probly no manage tae finish it aw. Usually a keep wrapped up in the white paper& stick it in the micro to eat later. Ma fish,n,chips are the frozen wans but still tasty. Is lookin' a wee bit dull the noo, hope it brightens up for you both.
Yer makin' me think how lovely is gonna be when ma lassie comes hame August 12th, it's a lovely thing you do Cat. Enjoy! biggrin.gif

Hi Marion, am so happy for ye ,can feel yer excitement. It's great tae see ye enjoyin' yersel, bet you'll be doin' a lot of catch up. Mind and get yer rest, don't be overdoin' it wae the vino.(I jest) Have a Ball.x biggrin.gif
Elma
Hope everything is going well for you stratson, and you are out and about again soon. You must be getting excited about your daughter's visit, it won't be long till she's with you.

Marion, enjoy your company, have a wee red one on us biggrin.gif
stuarty
aww stratson a bet the 12th of august is no commin quick enough

am at this miningn dentist again a think his horse is definatly oot the back cause a canny stand it anymore its gettin to the stage that a might move in there permanently as every thursday almost a have had a impression taken a just think hes using me as a guinea pig cause am fedup looking like a toothless wonder when a get home as what teeth a have come oot as the pain is too unbarable he best hive them the day or am gonny go mental grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr well more mental than usual laugh.gif
CAT
sad.gif We never got our fish & chips last night as mum had a upset tum but I've told her about calder street so she's lokin forward tae next week. So thanks fur the trip Startson. She also has a timetable for the bus from pollok tae Oban she's trying tae get her sister tae go.
Well of out for a business networking evening tonight'. It's Jazz night roof top barbecue (hope the weather heats up) Nice food, a couple of vino's good music and a bit of business networking. Oh the things ah dae fur ma work wink.gif
glasgow lass
Have a great time Cat,,, make lots'a money honey laugh.gif
Isobel
Just got in, had a nice lunch with my swimming buddies. Now waiting here for my youngest to pick me up .Her and I are going shopping. Honeymoon clothes.
glasgow lass
And Im jist sitting here saying to mahasel gym or no gym am so tired the day:( ,,,,
but aha could go shopping tongue.gif
penny dainty
Go shopping Lass, retail therapy is good for the soul.
Cleaning day today, maybe lunch with Mum and then THE WEEKEND!! I love the weekend. biggrin.gif

Dont forget to send a postcard Ron and have a lovely time.
RonD
We're gaunnae visit <old Tallin, the day.see a' historic buildin's an' that, ah love that kind o' stuff.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Penny I took your advice gave the gym a rest and went shopping, had my eye on a great pair of
cleavege toe shoes, there the were still in the same place that I had left them last week!
Me well am off to work for a few hours (about six maybe ) Ive been really busy the last while and Im enjoying it so much, jist love to get out and about LOL,,,
Have a great day everybiddy,,,Lass tongue.gif
witshisname
My pals just bought themselves a new Car,so we'll be going to dealership to pick it up.Who knows,mibbe i'll get lucky and they'll let me have a go at Drivin it....lol
penny dainty
LOL Lass , did you hide those shoes under a pile of other stuff? laugh.gif
Well Witsis , did they give you a wee shot?
glasgow lass
laugh.gif goodmorning everybiddy, almost time for my wotkout and a wee chat wae the lassies ,,
think its going to be a nice day, good cos am having a wee dinner party tonight for six and just might be able to sit my quests outside for a little drink and have some orderves before dinner ,so Ill be busy today getting ready for my guests tonight,,cant wait LOL.
Have a great weekend everybiddy,,,Lass smile.gif
angel
hope you have a lovely day lass and the rain keeps away for you. tongue.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Thanks angel...missed you lately on here tongue.gif
Heather
Well is was not today but last night we went to see a show in our g'sons school, St. Ambrose High School in Blairhill. The show was called, ' Back to the 80s.

It was excellent, and the hard work put into producing this show was a credit to the Teachers and pupils involved.
It was about a man thinking back to his senior year in High School and the other girls and boys he was at school with.

The singing and dancing was tremendous. As for Britain's got Talent, well St. Ambrose is bursting with it.
They finished up with the song from,' Dirty Dancing' 'I've had the time of my Life'. The girls came dancing down the aisle, and I felt like getting up and dancing with them.

I must say our g'son was great and we were so proud of him. He sang and danced like a professional. The boy who was the main singer has a wonderful voice as did the girls.

The hall was packed as it had been the other two nights, and at the end everyone stood up, cheered and applauded and it was well deserved.
CAT
Good evening girls and boy's. Just spent the last hour trying to sort out my internet tool bar I think it's worked. What an exciting way tae spend yer Saturday night laugh.gif
Mabe ye've got a budding star in the family Heather. It sure makes ye proud when ye see them dae somthing positive and the're enjoying themselve's. It's a credit tae their parents and the teachers who don't alway's get recognised for the effort they put in.
stratson
Heather, your makin' me wish I could have seen St Ambrose High Show. Was at the show in Holyrood last year and it too was grand. The teacher's do so much work to get all perfect.
Probably better talent there than in "Britain's Got Talent." I t's great to see our youngster's getting every opportunity. biggrin.gif

Sadly did not make the Lane's Fete today, got as far as Victoria Rd. and had to turn back, c'est la vie! smile.gif
CAT
Sorry tae hear ye didnae get far the day Stratson but a wee bit at a time young lady and we'll soon hiv ye up dancin biggrin.gif
wee mags
heather ,I also used to go to the high school shows, and I was amazed at the talent that some of the children had .
Heather
We couldn't help laughing at our g'son. He is 16yrs old, his hair was sleeked down with a middle parting, and he had on a bow tie. He also spoke in what I thought as a Jerry Lewis voice. His wee sisters were in fits laughing at him. His name in the show was,' Feargal McFerrin the 3rd'.
He was known as the 'class git' because he said that CDs would take over from tapes & records, and we would all have computers, and mobile phone's, so everyone laughed at him and said that would never happen.
He has always been very outgoing and I don't think he has a shy bone in his body.
He has said from he was in Primary school he wants to be an Actor, and we keep telling him there are more unemployed actors and anyone else. So he must get a good Education first.

Both his parents went to University and have Degree's, so that is the same standard of Education they want for their children.

I told him if he does well next year with his Highers I will take him to America for a holiday, because we did that for his dad. My neice Erin is already making out an itinerary for all the place's he has to see. laugh.gif
CAT
It's great yer grandson has a goal in life Heather and yer right tae encourage his education which will only stand him in good stead a degree in dram or the arts is still hard work but I'ms sure it'll be worth it. Good luck tae him and I'll be watching out for our next local star. smile.gif
Heather
Cat, going by what I saw and heard last night, Lanarkshire has loads of talent just waiting to be discovered.

Mags I was bowled over at the talent of these teenagers.
The music was provided by the School Band and they were also great.

I can't praise the show enough and look forward to seeing any other shows they put on. The best night I've had for a fiver in many a long time.

They have been rehearsing since February, and also studying for their O'Grade's and Highers.
penny dainty
Heather did anybody record the show , it sounds really good and would be wonderful to look back on in a few years.Our daughter was Cinderella in a school panto years ago and we didnt gat a copy of the video and I really wish now that we had.
Elma
My grandson has been in a lot of plays by our Community Theatre and each one has been taped. You are right Penny it is great to be able to watch them and see how much he has progressed from his first play when he had a very small part to taking one of the lead roles in his last one. He is just 16 and did want to become an actor but has decided he wants to be a paramedic instead and just be an amateur actor. He has one more year in school so we will see this time next year smile.gif Good luck to your grandson Heather, he sounds great. biggrin.gif
Isobel
I am off to a bridal shower for my daughter, looking forward to it. Its a glorious day so I think it may be in the garden.
glasgow lass
Isobel I was just going to say that the weather is magnificent today and whit a day for a B/shower! have a smashin time Isobel. Aha had a great night last night sitting around chatting ,eating great food with my friends , we are all trying to plan a nice trip together again , not easy as we are all going in different directions most times but we do have a vacation once or twice a yr together ( eight of us ). well Ive done the gym, lunch , have some washing on the go , and Im in and out as the weather is lovely , also looking forward to the football game begining soon, all in all today my life is great laugh.gif Have a nice day everybiddy,,,Lass wub.gif
angel
just terrific Lass. tongue.gif
stuarty
Im waiting on the person coming to put up anew arial for the tv as it was blown down with the wind when we had the gales a have been quoted 85pounds and a bet it will be well over a hundred a need it for my freeview that is intergrated in my sony bravia tv a know a need an upgrade anyway as a have never had channel 5 as I live in A valley a get it on sky but not on analog tv and a miss programmes a cant get as the arial needs a digital upgrade fingers crossed it wont be to expensive unsure.gif
Isobel
Heather glad your show went so well. I go with my girl friend to the local high school show every year. Ever since my own daughter performed in one and I realized just how good they were.
Stuarty hope you manage to get a good deal, talk to the man nicely .
Glasgow lass you sound a lot like myself. When I was younger I used to go every year with my pals ,some of the best holidays I have ever had.Wonderful memories.
Bridal shower was really good lots of lovely gifts. Wish it was me getting married.
penny dainty
Had a wee jaunt to the sales with Mum this morning , some good bargains to be had.
stratson
Today am havin' a lazy day in the house, on my P.C. enjoying all the new posts. Good to take time out on your own to relax. smile.gif
betty2
pLAYING bINGO
stratson
Hoping to get out for a walk plus my tomatoes will be dyin' o' thirst up in the greenhouse, canny hiv that noo, they taste so delicious when ready. smile.gif
Java
Good afternoon everybody biggrin.gif Ah'm tryin tae work out how tae get a wasps nest oot ma man's boot....huh.gif Or mibbees ah'll no....mibbees ah'll jist leave it in there....har har har....
Isobel
Not a very nice looking morning ,thunder and lightning in the night ,but it did clear the air. So maybe I'll get busy and do some housework .Get into the garden later in the day.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Me well its the usual things ao aha wont bore'yiaw.but tonight Im going out to a dinner party so Ill be wearing my new clevege toe shoes tongue.gif
Melody
Oh Glasgow Lass yer feet will be cauld wi them on ye. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Ahe'm keeping my eye on the weather Melody I hear it might rain so ah'll jist roll mah toes in ,ah'll shove a wee pair of sox in mah hand bag see Ive got it aw figured oot,,,,aha'll wear they shoes hial, rain or shine. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Melody
Glamour knows no pain. laugh.gif
Java
Aye, that's how chiropodists drive big fancy motors....laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.