Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
RonD
Its a gorgeous day here after a rather freezing day yesterday. I stayed in to prepare purchase orders, but managed to have lunch on the patio outside looking at a very green lawn. Off to look after some more business and then put up signs for the highland games, its a full life!!!!!! smile.gif
stratson
Today had weeG/G/SON Zak for the morning,he was as good as gold, a great wee entertainer.
Changing tae Tuesdays from now on as my Aquarobics are a Monday, my g/daughter can go anytime to her gym, is a private members. Ventured to local shops for vegetables, was very dull, rain not far away. Quite enjoyable day never the less. Rond, you do have a very full life, your highland games appeals to me. smile.gif

Hope yer feelin' a bit better Betty smile.gif
lindamac
wub.gif Me tae Stratson I love the pipers & seeing awe things tartan.Ron Whenever I attend anything remotely scottish or Highland games like festivals here, I greet inside masell as well as the odd outburst because o them wonderfull pipe bands & awe their regalia.Iam affected awe day from sheer pride .Ron Iam so glad you are the type of person that helps in such arenas cause yees dae make a difference & people dae get touched in their hearts with that wee touch o hame & patriatism as well as pride of their hametoon.THANKYOU RON biggrin.gifClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It is sunny today after having 4 days straight with rain & storms,I love that tae cause the noise of that constant pouring wilst one is inside awe safe & dry sounds so unusualy peaceful & refreshing also everywhere looks green for a chinge.The best news is that the dams are getting full again[they were running short again] cheers tae yees awe members have aHappy tuesday wherever ye ur be well & Happy.Iam just doing food shopping today nowt overly interesting here.
penny dainty
Well seein the rain eased of for a few hours I met my daughter in town for lunch, it is her birthday today.We had a lovely time browsing round the shops before we had a red Thai curry for lunch with a nice glass of red.Ended up getting her a pair of boots , shoes , skirt and top as well as the digital camera she got as her birthday pressie.Spoiled rotten, but glad to see she takes after her Mum with the shoes thing, I love shoes!!!! laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Good morning everybiddy howz tricks these days, I got back from Miami jist last night even though it was a company thingy still had lots of free time on our hands to spend on beautiful South Beach, shop and visit some really nice restaurants on Ocean Front Dr .Well today its the usual chores after a holiday , laundry, laundry and more laundry, and Ill try to squeeze the gym in the night and get intae mah routine rolleyes.gif no easy tongue.gif
witshisname
Welcome back glasgow lass,bet ye had a great time in Miami.
Well i was gonnae go intae toon fer a wee walk aboot since the Grand Prix is here on the week-end,whilst waiting fer the bus the dark clouds moved in so i thought better of bein oot in the rain in town and jumped on another bus and went to a local electronics store and bought maself a new cordless Logitech keyboard and mouse.I need it as it's gettin to hard for me to sit in ma chair for long amounts of time,so noo i'll just hook it up and sit in ma recliner.
Noo aww i need is a mini fridge and a microwave oven beside me and i'm aww set...lol.

While i was waiting for the bus home i had a nice wee surprise,the "Canadian Snowbirds" flew overhead in a 2 - 1- 3 formation,with the last 3 planes leaving a vapor trail behind them,they must be stationed at the St-Hubert Airport which is about 12km from me.
penny dainty
Lass , lovely to see you back.
Going to do a spot of gardening today, tidy up the place a bit.
wee mags
Iam not doing a bliddy thing the day except try to keep cool,the temps are supposed to be in the 90s so am jist gonnae be cool biggrin.gif [I hope]
Isobel
Hey Glasgow Lass, glad you had a good trip, its always nice to get back home . Today was so hot did'nt know what to do with myself, too hot outside to work, my excuse anyway, so just took it easy inside. Tonight the superstore in town is having a madness sale starting at ten, so my sister and I are going to go and take a look. AT LEAST IT WILL BE NICE AND COOL IN THE STORE.Don't think I will get much sleep tonight.
glasgow lass
Thanks Isobel, sounds like you dont have C/A.
have a nice time with your sister, I'll be seeing mine next weekend fer song and laugh's LOL
aha made it tae the gym this morning and boy was it ever hot in there but we aw got through it,some better than others rolleyes.gif have a great weekend everybiddy keep cool !,,,Lass tongue.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif Great tae see yer back hame Lass ye were missed hen ,hope yer holiday was enough tae get ye through yer Gym pal, the place isney the same when wanna us goes away fur a wee spell.

Today Ive been sitting out the front yard beside my wee water fountain enjoying the trickle of the water on this lovely Autumn day.My daughter is coming over for Dinner & to stay the night,we are also expecting our son to visit tomorow so we can all go have fish n chips by the ocean apparently Neil doesn't want tae dae a BBQ nor go to a restraunt he said we oughta have fish n chips by the seaside like we dae in Scotland laugh.gif
penny dainty
Morning Linda, hope you enjoy your fish and chips.Oh by the way , it's winter now or so I'm told as of the first of June laugh.gif you wouldnt think it though , still warm during the day.
Well had a fairly quiet weekend so far , got all my housework done Thursday , gardening on Friday, went to the caravan and camping show Saturday and shopping today.Public holiday tomorrow, yay!
Bought at least 4 new caravans yesterday wink.gif oh there are some beauties nowadays , still our van, although somewhat modest in comparison is still one of the best layouts and will do us for a while yet.
RonD
Mornin' ladies, ma wife goat a lovely phone call fae her pal in Wollengong!
stratson
Nice to get phone calls from distant friends, curious to know where in Wollongong, I have family (nieces and nephews) in Corrimal, Bellambi and Fig Tree.
Hope your having a nice birthday, hope you got some nice pressies! biggrin.gif
Today am takin' it easy as worked hard at allotment yesterday, givin' the auld bones a rest.Gonna try this resizing photos to enable me to post. smile.gif
Isobel
Sitting relaxing in ma wee garden
lindamac
biggrin.gif Despite the fact that it was raining this afternoon & was a wee tate caulder than usual[well it is winter and awe yoan witt cin ye expect?] we still went to the beach when the rain eased off & took some video footage to put onto my mammys wee birthday present , we got her a Digital photoframe that holds music slideshows & video/dvd coverage so we are getting it all organised with new & old dvd footage as well as snaps & music for her so she can just press the remote & be sitting by my side at the ocean front when she misses me, which is both mum & mines favourite place in the whole world to hang out together.

I got my son to go write Happy Birthday mum for me in the sand so we can use it as the opening shot on her frame.we still got our fish n chips but under cover at this wee chippy on the spit,nothing elaborate just tables & cafe chairs under cover.I figured it would be more natuaral to show mum & family even the rainy damp days can be fun in Aussie.The erosion of the beach was incredible such a drop wow it had a 2 metre drop off thats how much erosion was done via the bad weather down at the coast it is actualy very sad to see it like that sad.gif We made the most of a not so great weather day & had some fun & chats to the family via video recording anyways.
penny dainty
[quote name='stratson' date='8th Jun 2008, 10:39 PM' post='200914']
Nice to get phone calls from distant friends, curious to know where in Wollongong, I have family (nieces and nephews) in Corrimal, Bellambi and Fig Tree.
Hi Stratson , would that be Fig Tree Pocket in Brisbane you mention?

Back to work today after the holiday Monday yesterday, late shift today , so got a long lie.
lindamac
Hope yer day goes well for ye Penny pal cheers hen awe ahve goet tae dae is shopping & washing boring right nuff. laugh.gif
RonD
Hi Penny, our friend in Wollengong, is in a place called Fairy Meadow.
Isobel
Lindamac that sounds like a really nice gift I am sure your mother will get plenty of happy hours sitting there watching you and the family.
Today I was so happy to get a call from the dress shop to say my dress for my daughters wedding had arrived to I went over and got it all fitted. Don't have the perfect hour class figure so needed a few wee alterations.
lindamac
biggrin.gif Iam certain you will be a pretty mother of the bride ,there aren't that many hour glass figures over 21 these days my friend so theres no anxiety required, your Happiness shall be shining through as will your lovely new dress Iam sure. Your dress shall be perfect Isobel,may I ask what colour it is? I love a wedding so please do post pictures after the wedding will you please Isobel? I know Iam not the only one who loves a wedding.

Today I was supposed to go to get my hair done as I had to cancel my appointment last wednesday as we were double booked,however I just got a call from my hairdressers assistant telling me my Hairdressers sick & got a poison infected finger [poor girl]& has to cancel me untill next wednesday so my hair is looking rough & will be 3 wks past it's sell by date laugh.gif Neil is just delighted he doesn't have to go take me now since he wanted to stay home to watch the Rugby state of orogin so it has gone in his favour yet again lucky duck he is.It isn't a plus for me because I get to stay in yet another day & evening at home thats not fun boohoo.
penny dainty
Aw poor Linda , I'll think about you tomorrow when I get my hair done tongue.gif
Ron Fairy Meadow sounds lovely , I don't know Woolongong really , it is down in New South Wales, I never got there, it was on the other side of Sydney to where I lived.
wee mags
just sitting crocheting and waiting for the phone to ring to tell me am a granny again wub.gif
wee mags
oopps I got so excited I posted twice biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif
penny dainty
Has the phone rung yet Mags?
I became an auntie last week to a lovely wee girl , Laura, born on the same day as my own lovely daughter Katie.
betty2
Its 6am here in glasgow the sun is shining brightly so am popping up tae Edinburgh for the day, an jist might huv a wee dauner roon the shoaps, but its an expensive place so dont think ah,ll be buyin much rolleyes.gif But a chinge o scenery makes fur a happy mind, These bus passes are rerr
RonD
Sounds like a great idea Betty. I wish a wee adventure the day!
Heather
It wa our Parish day at Carfin, so we spent about 4hours starting early afternoon there and went back tonight. It was a lovely day to be out there and it is so nice with all the modernisation that has been done. smile.gif
penny dainty
I would love a good day out in E'mbrugh, it's a nice place to do all the touristy things.
Well I was working till lunchtime , then Mum met me from work and we went for lunch to the mall , got me a new jumper , a cardi and a summer top, all in the sales , the top being out of season only cost $8.00, very nice it is too. biggrin.gif I love a bargain and yes I did need new clothes , I always need new clothes.I'm sick of telling mr. Dainty that! rolleyes.gif
stratson
Hope ye hiv a rerr day Betty.

Was talking to a neighbour who informed me there's a bus leeaves Pollok Monday, Wednesday and Friday to Oban,you can use your bus pass, the same bus returns in the evening. Am going to have a go at that first free day. Love sitting watching the fishing boats at the harbour. biggrin.gif

Today am off to finish cutting my hedge, did the left side yesterday,takes a lot out of me now. Am being given a hedge trimmer which you put on charge from a fellow plotter, she works and gets to her plot Sundays. From here on it should be a breeze to do.
CAT
Hi all. Off out bowling tonight with some work mates. Any excuse for a small libation. dry.gif
Stratson the bus to Oban sounds great. My mum stays in pollok and she usualy goes out with my aunt on a wednesday so I think this is right up her street. She might even meet some new friends from the area. Do you know who runs the service or where it leaves from?
Hope ye enjoyed Edinburgh Betty I've not been there for years.
Heather was at Carfin last year it's a busy ole place. They sure have done a lot of work.
RonD
Seterday! clean up paperwork, help clean the hoose, cut the grass ( a hauf acre), shoppin'g furr oor trip away, get some money exchanged, dae a major laundry, clean oot ma vans, then the rest o' day is oors ! rolleyes.gif
stratson
Rond, wae aw the work you've tae dae don't thinl yer gonna get oot! rolleyes.gif

Today The Maxwell Park is having their annual Open Day,N.V.G.(my allotment has a stall)
Is always a great show and sale of plants, home baking Bric a Brac, the Tea Room is always good, enjoy afternoon tea on this day, personally am not involved with N.V.G. stall so am gonna enjoy browsing the Bric a Brac, great class of junk they have!, meet up with some of my fellow members.
It's a lovely day for it. May find some rare plants. laugh.gif
RonD
Sounds like fun Stratson, nice tae huv a chance tae meet like minded people.
By the way, ma Mum and her twin sister were raised at Quarrier's in Brig o' Weir
tammy
gonna just get outside and search for the sun with Phil.
RonD
Well ah goat some paperwork done, did some shoppin' but Mrs. RonD didnae find anythin' . Actually she did, loved the top but when she tried it oan, she didnae fancy showin;' aff her Cleavage, Ohio rolleyes.gif Ah cut three lawns, ma ain, the widow next door, and the neighbour oan the other side who only comes up oan weekends. So no a bad day.
lindamac
Hiya everyone biggrin.gif Ive just been uploading my cds onto my ipod etc I was just wanting it ready to take away on holidays with us.made some good mixes tae.went oot shoaps Friday afternoon then hame with nae purchases EEK! we met Penny & Mr Dainty last night ,met up for dinner @ sizzlers then Indiana Jones @ the Movies,nearly had some hot coffee aferwards but the night air got too cauld so we awe opted oot fur gaun hame tae the heat of wurr ain hooses hehehe witta rerr cauld wintery night ye could even smell the cauld if ye know witta mean? ah jist love that smell of wintery weather. todays lazy hazy dain merr uploading & chilling relaxavoo. rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Hi folks seeing as it 's Father's day here in the uk im out with the parents today the sun is shining so im up dressed and rerring to go .Happy Father's Day to all the dad's today hope you all enjoy
glasgow lass
Hi Keelie, its nice to see you pal,fathers day here as well , have a double celebration going on.We are going to a very special graduation supper tonight , its for a young man who most people thought that he'd never finish high school ,however he has gone on to successefully complete four yrs of university laugh.gif way to go biggrin.gif
angel
tongue.gif way to go Lass.
stratson
Rond, I went to the wrong park yesterday, the Fete was in The Rouken Glen, I was disgusted after havin' walked all the way there. Went back to the allotments Maxwell Park is on Saturday 21ST June.
Is your llawnmower wan that ye drive? laugh.gif
Java
Awwwwww Stratson........be sure tae let me know when yer at a point where ye can laugh at that.....laugh.gif
stratson
java, a canny laugh right noo as have hud tae stay hame and rest the day, am jist thinkin' o' aw the things a could huv done in ma garden, it's lovely weather the day. Plus a'll huv tae see the Dr. in the mornin'. Wish the auld bod felt as young as I dae ! biggrin.gif
Java
Awwwww....tell ye whit, tae make it up tae ye, next time ah'm up ah'll come and help ye okay? Ah'm a dab haun at the weedin if ye tell me whit wans are weeds...laugh.gif
RonD
Aye stratson, its wan ye drive and ah huv a regular wan tae dae the trim work as well as wannae they wee dwhackedr thingies. It look right nice when it's a' done.
lindamac
Iam off out this afternoon to peruse the perfume shops 70% off sale that started yesterday & will be on all week,I did great at the last one so wondering if i will get anything this time around.? unsure.gif
Isobel
Good luck Lindmac.Today I am having a rest after a very busy weekend with Joanne and Raul moving in ,and Kathryn and Tom's stag and Doe.I will post a picture in the gallery . Could not get up this morning so missed my Aqua size, oh well theres always tomorrow.
stratson
Rond, those lawnmowers are fab, mind ye it's the trimmin' that finishes it off. My daughter's neighbour in previous house did like you, think he cut the whole avenue.
I used to watch him as the land had a lot of trees, pretty awkward for him.
The grassy patch I had in my allotment I got a patio made,, have the garden furniture there now plus the B.B.Q. Hope to get plenty use of my parasol this year.

java, now you tell me you like weedin', however the rain is back so no doubt will be greeted with a new batch when next go to garden. Wid luv you to come up,and do a spot o' weedin', am no kiddin' ye either!
Saw the Doc and am going to have a minor repair to the surgery in the morn by the lady Doc, My G.P. has made an urgent referral to the Gyn Doc at hospital. Nae worries, am feelin' fine.
Nothin' tae stop partyin wae aw you G.G.ERS come Sept, Goodnight and Bless you.xx(wan x for Rond.) laugh.gif
RonD
Jings Stratson, ah'm a' wasted, wub.gif an' wan x right back at ye and speedy recovery fae that wee business in the morn.
penny dainty
Hope all goes well for you Stratson.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.