Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
George Muir
ohmy.gif Murn, I burned ma toast the last 2 days for my midnight snack, the smoke alarm came on and took ages to switch off. A was daein ma nut, the neighbours wid wonder what a wis up tae
glasgow lass
Hi George ,,,yi must stoap daein that yir gettin tae be the talk o'the toon laugh.gif wub.gif
penny dainty
just going to get the bacon and egg on for the Sunday brekkie, yum sizzle!
maryhillgal
I'm going to make a pot of Lentil soup today then, if the weather is nice, might go a wee run to Arrochar or somewhere up the Loch. I just love Loch Lomond, but hate the midgies, they eat me alive.
toerag
Maryhillgal, whats your secret to a good pot o lentil soup, my mum made the best but I never seem to get it just right?
murn
QUOTE (George Muir @ 20th Oct 2007, 01:35 PM) *
ohmy.gif Murn, I burned ma toast the last 2 days for my midnight snack, the smoke alarm came on and took ages to switch off. A was daein ma nut, the neighbours wid wonder what a wis up tae

George, I set ma fire alarm off all the time, am gonny break ma neck one of these days runnin doon tae the basement tae turn the blidy thing off. I think I wis a Pyromaniac in another life, naw wait a minute, am wan the noo. That's why a hate ironing as well, ever smelt wool burning. Hubby swears am gonny burn the hoose doon wan of these days sad.gif
RonD
Assemblin a new wid cover furr oor well, so we don't fa' in!!!!
jakka13
I've been having a day off .I finished all the wee bits for the doll .Decided before I get back into the Highland Cattle and all the other stuff I've got going I'd have a day with nothing to do .Went up to a wee outside market and puttered around .Came home and did some wee craft things that really don't take any effort and helps me relax ( needed a wee fix ) cooked chicken on my indoor grill and now I'm on here .As someone else said "Tomorrow is another day " I'll pick up my stitching and go again .I'm going to try and finish it for my daughters birthday Dec 7th .
How ye doin' Ron ,and Inga?
maryhillgal
Toerag - try and get ham bones/ribs or a ham hoch [don't know if that's how you spell it] or if you are really stuck try ham stock cubes. Bring your bones/ribs,hoch/ham joint to the boil and then let it simmer away for a few hours. Steep your lentils and split peas overnight [I always add split peas but if you don't want to then don't add them] then dice up your carrot, turnip and leek [potato is optional]. Bring to the boil then simmer until all the vegetables are soft. I leave it to cool and then put it through the blender. You can sprinkle with parsley [optional also].

Sometimes I buy a nice ham or gammon joint for boiling and the stock from it gives you a great pot of soup also. If it is smoked ham then I bring it to the boil, chuck out the water and boil it again because the first boiling is very salty.

Hope this helps you.
maryhillgal
P.S. Made my lentil soup but didn't get the run to Loch Lomond as the weather wasn't good. Maybe next weekend.
betty2
MHG I add a sprinklin of coriander tae ma soup gies that wee bit extra flavour try it biggrin.gif

As soon as daybreaks , ah,m strippin two beds fur the wash and then a trolley dash
. Ah hate mondays

still here in glesca
toerag
MHG thanks for the lentil soup, will give it a try this week, weather is supposed to get a bit colder towards the end of the week, they even mention SNOW flurries by the end of the week, and today is 25 degrees, weather all mixed up, but will be ready for the cold weather with my lentil soup! thanks!
glasgow lass
betty yir a busy wummin
maryhillgal
Yer no kidding Glasgowlass, ah'm breathless jist readin' her post!!

Ah'' try the coriander next time Betty. Thanks fur the tip.
penny dainty
mmm I love corriander, better in curries though not too sure about soup , but you never know till you try , I will give it a go.
lindamac
biggrin.gif Just catching up on the boards & relaxing it is too hot for anything else but staying indoors in aircon.Mind you ave the food shopping tae get in later on but thats the wack for today. biggrin.gif Anyone got any suggestions for a headache cure as ave had the worst kind of headache these past 4 days in a trot cannae shake it Iam sure it is of a hormonal nature myself as it won't shift at all.
RonD
Hope yer feelin' better Linda, dae yeez huv Advil gel there in OZ, ah find it does a treat furra headache. Make sure yer drinkin' plenty o' watter tae.
stuarty
the washing is getting done as is the cleaning when a get sombody to dust as a get puffed oot and the boys never watered my plant,s when takeing the wee dug oot so a had to soak them a few died grr but thats boys when you ask them to look after the hoose for a few weeks dry.gif rolleyes.gif
Tennscot
We`ve got our much needed rain and I`m not working on the garage Build out, Soooooo. I gonnae watch Rangers V Barcelona LIVE on the PC . with no guilty feelings about helping my son in Law.
petalpeeps
Had to perform major surjery before bedtime laugh.gif
Teddy was burst and needed stitchin , why is it you can spend
and spend , yet it's something as simple as fixin teddy that
gets the best reaction : unsure.gif :
betty2
I,ve got ironin ahead of me today, huh.gif then chillin out till bingo time biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
lindamac
smile.gif Thankyou Rond for yer kind remarks I do take plenty watter pal aboot 3 litres a day as it is too hoat here & naw ave not tried advil but may well go get it today as Ive still got the darn heaidache am sure it must be the weather or summitt .They dae sell Advil here, it 's the heat or hormonal am at that age ye know witta mean hahaha, actually Men get that age tae sometimes haha anyhoo al get the advil since ye recomend it try it oot & see pal thanks for yer concern mate.

Just got cleaning & tidying to do today & a big cook up which ah dae often especialy since I went to the Butcher factory wholesaler/outlet,got some major bargains such as several kgs of Rib fillett ,Porterhouse steak ,steak mince, T bones & Rump there as well as bacon pork lamb & ham so will cook up a few storms tae freeze. Ah huvty bag & freez rest intae bundles as required ,so again anither boring day since Neils back at work. Jings ye miss thum when theyve been aff oan hoaliday then they go back again,I was jist getting used tae him aroon noo he is away again rolleyes.gif
lindamac
laugh.gif How sweet Petalpeeps that is such a lovely special wee job for the weans sure it is when ye save that tired auld teddy frae anither wee hole or popped oot eyeball och that reminded me of the days mum took me to the dolly hospital doon the high street somewheres when ah was wee tae fix ma broken dollys mind ye there was nowt I could do tae save my wee daughters teddys etc she tugged & pult every bitta fluffy affa thum till they wurr bald she has kept thum tae madness it is tae me but she loves thum awe still & she is now 19yrs young.cute huh? rolleyes.gif
lindamac
tongue.gif Iam being awe chuffed wi maself efter a year o trying ave finaly grasped oantae how tae post a real photograph ontae GG woohoo laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif aye,,, ahm jist going oot the door soon tae hustle a buck as usual then home tae clean up a wee bit as ive decided tae go with mah pal tae Buffalo on Friday so'll get mah hoose work done when aha get in,,,then its aff tae the gym farr a few hrs , double class tonight ( help ),,,,, anyway lassies and guys see yi aw later,, Lass biggrin.gif
stuarty
aww am going for breast screening this afternoon not looking forward to that as it is painful boo hoo but a must
murn
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 24th Oct 2007, 07:24 AM) *
decided tae go with mah pal tae Buffalo on Friday so'll get mah hoose work done when aha get in,,,then its aff tae the gym

"Lass" don't you go buying everything doon there leave some for me and put in a wee half hour fur me at the gym wink.gif
Have tae get intae the grind today been procastinating sad.gif need tae make some money for Buffalo next week.
maryhillgal
Aw the best Stuarty wae yer breast screening. I am going to the Western Infirmary today to see the 'hip man.' [Orthopaedics]. I was offered injections before but turned them down [I have bursitis in my hips]. I think today I will opt to have the injections as I am sick of the pain and the amount of sleep I lose because of it. I hope they work. I was reluctant to have them because they are steroid injections and I already take steroids for polymyalgia in my shoulders plus I have to take booster dozes of them when I get a chest infection. I'm not complaining because there are people a helluva lot worse than me but I hate putting stuff into my body because of side effects. Steroids help some things but cause a lot of others [weight gain, thinning of skin etc to name but two]. Anyway, as the song goes "Always look on the bright side of life!!"
glasgow lass
Aye MG,,,, ah'll dae that ferr yi hen ,,,,,, but it'll cost yi, whit will it cost yi ask( tongue.gif ) well lets say a few bags of mah goodies that aha buy in Buffalo stashed in yir trunk,,, and if yi get caught ,,, yi dont know me ,,, deal hen laugh.gif
Heather
Stuarty I don't envy, you as Breast Screening is painful but necessary.

I decided to start putting up the winter curtains today. Started on the sitting room and wore myself out as the curtains are very heavy, lined and double width as our downstairs windows are almost 8feet wide.. Of course I had to wash the windows again, as you can't put clean curtains up on dirty windows. smile.gif

Getting the valance/ pelmet even is annoying, and makes me wish for the days we had wooden pelmets. I put fancy clips on mine to give them a scalloped shape and because it looks nice. laugh.gif
Tennscot
Feelin Proud..!!! Ma daughter jist accepted Engineering Manager Position at The Swan Dolphin Resort in Disneyworld. You Go Gal. wub.gif
Heather
Good luck to your daughter, Tennscot. I'm sure you have every right to be proud of her. smile.gif
RonD
Congrats to your daughter Tenn. ....er....noo aboot tickets to Disneyworld?????//
Tennscot
You Teuchters frae Auchinairn .. Ma Maw telt me ye wid squeeze the blood oot a hapenny. Noo if ye wiz Fambly weel 1 maybe a wee discount it the Hotel coz ye see its oan Disney Property but it disnae belang tae Disney so it Disnay, bit see me see ma wee wife ,we even git Floors `N fruit `n stuff when we go. But honestly folks it a great resort the Swan Dolphin. Google it `N ye`ll see fur yerself. Anyway Thanks for the good thoughts, I am Proud.by the way the other daughter was an Electrical Super. in Construction. Nae Boys but the girls(now women) worked with me in their younger days. good Training and good Scottish work ethics. Once thanks again.
stuarty
oh everything went ok Maryhillgal a hope well a hope a dont have a recall but thats one less thing to do this week one more biggy thing on friday but a will be ok rolleyes.gif
betty2
First call hairdresser, then a wee visit tae a friend, then hame tae set up dinner , then , am up fur offers that sound inviting rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
maryhillgal
Glad it went well for your Stuarty. I took the steroid injection today but the doctor said it might take a couple of week before it works. Have to go back in January and if all is well they will inject the other hip.
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif glad stuarty and MHG got on ok today at hospitals take care
glasgow lass
laugh.gif awck,,,, that wiz ferr Murn ,,,, so is it still a deal hen,,, tongue.gif
wee mags
am no daein a bliddy thing the day, efter running efter the two weans a need a break ,come to think of it maybe I will do as betty does and go shopping, noo theres a thought wink.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif spend spend mags[take Mikes cards as well]
murn
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 25th Oct 2007, 07:26 AM) *
laugh.gif awck,,,, that wiz ferr Murn ,,,, so is it still a deal hen,,,

DEAL! jist leave yer bottled goods fur me, I'll take care of them wink.gif Dae yee recycle? want the empties?

Mags surely yee don't let hubby huv a card??
keelie gal
Who's oot on a spending spree then ....sounds good laugh.gif
betty2
Am gawn gallivantin the day rolleyes.gif an mibby dae a bit o spendin, Nae man or cairds in ma life but goat some pennies that wur laid by fur a rainy day, an thats the forecast RAIN

still here in glesca
RonD
Still cannae sleep so ah'm away to sort oot some ancestors!
glasgow lass
betty good luck at the hospital the day ,,, keep warm if its as chilly there as it is here,,,, so i'll be leaving ferr Buffalo aboot 9am its 7;20 the noo and jist having a wee cuppa,,, have a great day all and happy shopping tae me ,,,, wub.gif
stuarty
am looking at my Lydia and violet and joshua getting their halloween outfits on laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Well Ive been very busy thus far, done the gym thingy ferr a couple of hrs noo mah pal jist called told me that we're going shopping tae walmarts ,,, got lots of great workoot gear on sale,, awright aha said so thats were am headed ferr a wee while,,, see yi aw later,,,be good noo tongue.gif
RonD
Ah'm aff early, well rested fae yesterday. Ah'm the man that make sure yer Canadian cousins get their selection boaxes!!(ah'm sure ah'm goin' tae heaven furr ma good work!) rolleyes.gif
murn
kin yee send wan ma way. Been on the liquid diet all weekend (naw Heather no that kind)
am starving and will scoff in doon in wan go the night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.