Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
Hi Lass voiles are sheer curtains many colours mine are lilac you can see thru them floaty
angel
I think thats what we call sheers. smile.gif
glasgow lass
Got the picture now thanks both tongue.gif <<<<nice Anne a love that color smile.gif
glasgow lass
Anne you sound like a pastel girl ,,,pale soft pinks , lavender and creams, pale blue and soft greens tongue.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif If the weather holds then lots of squibs will be going off tonight in celebration of victoria day Im sure it will be jist like new years up here as it always is on this long weekend, its great for the kids ( and alike ), there are rides , music and lots of yummy treats for everybiddy, it could be a very good night so lets hope the weather holds up so far so good laugh.gif
Anne1
that sounds good lass enjoy, well I am having a quiet morning going for coffee in complex this afternoon then having my hair done for ma holidays then its only 6 days to go yippee, roll on laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
Well ah'm goin tae work...but ah don't care cos ah've jist had a walk and there's baby everythins everywhere...a sight for sore eyes...fair cheers ye up....biggrin.gif

(Ron ah'm keepin hauf a dozen wee geese, ah'll send them hame tae ye when they start gettin noisy...laugh.gif)
Anne1
glad you enjoyed your walk java laugh.gif sounds good girl
Anne1
got a double posting there again
RonD
Eh Java! Ah know yer always thinkin' o' other people, kind soul that yurr! However, we huv more than enough Canada Geese flyin' ower oor hoose as it is. Ah've seen the wee goslings oan the river wi' Da in front an' Ma in back. They fly ower at exactly at last light tae nest furr the night and make a racket as the land. Ye wid think it wiz the Waltons .. Guid night John Boy honk! Goodnight Elizabeth honk etc.
Catherine
Aye Ron..then they take aff in the mornin an leave aw their callin kerds ahint them ...messy dirty so an so's so they are laugh.gif

Ahm jist gaunni make masel anither coffee, Geoff an the boys will be back sometime this afternoon an peace an quiet will no longer reign.
It's a good life if ye don't weaken right enuf laugh.gif
Isobel
Am heading down the basement to tile ma wee powder room. The place is starting to look really good. Got the carpet being laid June 6th yippee.Daughter and husband moving in June14th , just till their own place is ready end of June.Good job, got ma Scottish visitors arriving early August for other daughters wedding.Oh the things that get you motivated eh?
Catherine
Oh good for you Isobel, where did ye learn how tae tile? Ahv never tried it before...is it no dead hard?
How do ye dae it?
Catherine
Jist had an email from Geoff there.....it's snowing up North!!
Poor Jakka, hope she's got the fire gaun laugh.gif

Mrs Browns oan the telly here in the kitchen, ah keep sayin ah;ll get up in a minute.
If ah don't move it here ah'll be postin aboot whit ahm daen the day the morra laugh.gif
Heather
Spent the morning washing all the window at the back of the house. The sills and frames are white UPC or whatever they call it, so I had to get out the special cleaner as they needed a right good clean.

Spent the afternoon in the garden putting plants in. The three g'children came round after school and the youngest one who loves to help in the garden, got all mucky helping out.

I discovered that two boxes of plants I had bought were trailing plants, so we had to clear out two tubs of dead flower bulbs and plant the trailing plants in it. Then the g'daughter had a great time watering the garden and hosing down the patio. laugh.gif

After all that, we had a game of Swing Ball. smile.gif
Catherine
Cripes Heather wid ye sit doon laugh.gif ....ahm watchin Hunt for Red October here, love this film....ah no aw the lines that well ah feel ah should be innit laugh.gif
Isobel
You have had a really busy day Heather. I have just finish tiling my bathroom downstairs ,tomorrow I will grout and do a few tiles round the toilet that Jim is going to cut for me. Feeling quite proud of myself. By the way loved your pictures in the gallery. That was some trip.
Catherine time to get off your bum and get organized for the gang getting in.
Catherine
Cripes Isobel they've been in the door less than ten minutes, ahv made four sannies, cut up five apples, pourt three glasses a waater an pourt four bowls a yogi wae strawbewwies.......ahv shood them up the sterrs, they've brushed therr teeth an waashed their hauns an faces, somethin tells me it's the furst time ony part of thems seen a licka soap an toothpaste fur the last three days laugh.gif

Boys are groass....then they grow up..and the only thing that chinjes is the height laugh.gif
Heather
Sitting down now Catherine, but only after more work.

Husband is away to the pub to watch the Rangers match. I had to warn him not to look too pleased if St. Mirren score a goal against Rangers as I was too busy to take him to the Casualty.

After he went away I cleaned up the patio and hosed it down again. Then as our downstairs floors are all wooden one's, I washed every floor right from the utility room at the back of the house to the porch at the front of the house. The g'children were running right through the house playing hide & seek and the floors were mucky.mellow.gif

Tomorrow I will go into Town and treat myself as I still have 300 zylots to exchange. I think I will about 81 for them and as I bought them from Thomas Cook they won't charge me for the exchange. I also have 44 in M & S vouchers so I am going to be good to myself. smile.gif

Isobel thankyou for your nice remarks about the picture's. The Church's in Poland have the lovliest Altars I have ever seen, and they are old Church's.

Auchwitz left me cold, as I stood there knowing that thousands of people were murdered in that camp.
Birkenau was practically next door and I only stayed there a short time, then went out for a smoke. A strong drink would have gone down well.
Anne1
Been on the go since afternoon we went out tonight with daughters and g/daughter for chinese meal for Nevs birthday it fall while we are away so girls wanted to celebrate with him had a brilliant time now they have all gone home and god the peace and quiet is great now[joking] laugh.gif laugh.gif
lindamac
wub.gif I had a wonderful time chatting to my Mum on the telephone for 3 hrs this morning it simply made my day & her night too so we are both starting to get excited that the holiday time is draWING NIGH ONLY 99 DAYS TO GO HEHEHE laugh.gif i THINK WE WILL BOTH BE CRAZY BY THE TIME WE REACH THE ARRIVAL DATE lolYEEEEEHARRRRRRRRRClick to view attachment
Isobel
Lindamac I'm so excited for you . I can just imagine you counting the days down.How long is it since you saw your mom?
Nice day here today so I am going to make sure I get outside , housework can wait.
CAT
That's the spirit Isobel ah bet yer hoose is like a wee palace anyway wi aw that diy yer dain. biggrin.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (Isobel @ 22nd May 2008, 12:18 PM) *
Lindamac I'm so excited for you . I can just imagine you counting the days down.How long is it since you saw your mom?
Nice day here today so I am going to make sure I get outside , housework can wait.

Thankyou Isobel Click to view attachmentIt will be over 3& half yrs by the time i get there by mums side on August 28th,I last saw her at my Dads funeral which was unhappy saroundings as I had also saw her 5 months prior to that at my brothers funeral so those times cannot be counted as good times nor holidays in spirit so as you can Imagine Iam jumping outa my skin here counting the days untill I hugg mum under more happier circumstances this time.It is now 97days & 11hrs to go hehehe laugh.gif Iam sure al mention the countdown most visits to GG boards now since Iam so excited hehehe cannot wait for the GG meets either,my mum is going to come to meet some of you at the luncheon too so it will be a Blessing for me.Iam a member of Bebo so I have a countdown on my page which is set to let off fireworks on the big day of departure for the dear Green Place oh shucks I could crush a grape hehehe laugh.gif Click to view attachment
penny dainty
well that's the holiday over , shame really , I could get very used to doing nothing all day, walking on the beach, reading , watching dvd's , bbq's under the stars, aye it would be a grand life.Anyway got back safe and sound , house still standing , son of Dainty did a braw job keeping it clean and tidy, got the food shopping done and all un packed now. biggrin.gif
Anne1
lovely to see you back wee dainty.
Well today I am packing my cases for holidays Yippee laugh.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Hi penny nice tae see u back hen, hope ur feeling well noo!
and yoo Anne1 , hope you have a great time in Spain, dont ferget a wee latino noo and again tongue.gif wub.gif
lindamac
laugh.gif Ocht Anne yer making me want tae pack but ahve goet 95 days & 10 hrs afore it's ma turn tae get ma holiday hame tae Glesga.Cheers china doll have a braw time in Spain yer deserving of a good bit o peace n quiet hope yer wee weans enjoy Spain, urr they too young fur Sangria? save theres up fur me then hen tata enjoy yerself Anne & Nev not forgetting the weans. rolleyes.gif
penny dainty
Wee postcard in the mail from Blackpool today, wonder if Annewan is puting all her holiday money in the slot machines. laugh.gif
Still in my dressing gown as it's freezing and I'm loath to take it off and go for a shower brrr!
Day off today,so some housework no doubt and Mum and I will likely go out for lunch.
CAT
Morning all! biggrin.gif
Oh dear Penny hope the weather brightens up for your lunch. Weather doesn't know wit tae be at the day. Left the house when it was cold and damp, get to work and sun is out.
I have though come prepared (ah wisnae in the guides fur nothin). I've got a business lunch in town and put on a dark blouse with my trousers and rain coat but I also broaght a nice wee cream blouse jist in case so I'll stick that on if the suns still shinnin an its no rainin..
stuarty
am at the minging cowboy of a dentist yet again this afternoon am sure his horse is parked oot the back
Elma
Today is just a day of going into the store and then a meeting, but can I tell you about yesterday and gloat again!! My daughter, her husband and two younger sons and I went to Calgary to see her oldest son, my #1 grandson graduate from SAIT (Southern Alberta College of Technology). He received his Chemical Engineering Diploma. We had a wonderful day, weather was glorious although we spent the whole afternoon indoors! Jeffrey looked great in his cap and gown and we literally took hundreds of photos. It was midnight when we got back home as we had dinner all together before we left Calgary and Jeffrey, he still has a course to complete.
stuarty
welldone elma to your grandson dont it make your'e heart swell when they achive anything from exams to winning the egg and spoon race a know mine does
penny dainty
Oh well done that laddie, Elma your heart must be bursting with pride, congratulations.
lindamac
biggrin.gif Wonderfull news Elma it is so nice to here of peoples familys achieving something wonderful,Education is so important To achieve what your Grandson has can only benefit others Elma I wish him every good thing for the future he has ahead of him Marvelous news. wub.gif
lindamac
Neil & I are going to Pennys hoose tae hae a nice dinner,she is gonna let me try an Indian curry tae see if I like it but she has back up meal if ah hate it ,ye see too many spices just burn my wee sensative tongue alive how & ever I must try summitt new once in a wee while huh? huh.gif Iam looking forward tae seeing my wee pal since it has been at least a month when we last shared a meal & broke some bread oer a good wee blether.Ive missed ye hen. biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Silly me , it wasnt Annewan in Blackpool was it, jeeze I get worse instead of better.Thank you Stratson! rolleyes.gif
Cold , wet and windy today, making curry for tea.
Lennox
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 30th May 2008, 11:08 PM) *
Silly me , it wasnt Annewan in Blackpool was it, jeeze I get worse instead of better.Thank you Stratson! rolleyes.gif
Cold , wet and windy today, making curry for tea.

See I canny get any wan to cook for me , even when I am loaded with the flu, ( I canny even get any sympthay unsure.gif enjoy yer meal the gether lassies
brian432
Well c'moan LM' tell us, did ye enjoy it or ur ye a Johnny Cash fan (ring of fire laugh.gif )
penny dainty
Brian she's no had it yet, it's tonight , Saturday.I'll keep you posted. laugh.gif
Aw poor wee Lennox, I'll cook for you as well, curry might be just the job if you have the flu.I sent you a wee card yesterday , see if you can spot Spot!!!
Merangues for desert , nearly ready to come out the oven.
RonD
Lees' the people tha tmake tablet and amcaroons huv a new bar (new tae us anyroad!) called strawberry meringue bars, leight as afether and only 60 calories.
stuarty
ron mirangue is only beaten up egg whites so thats why its so few calories am a mirangue or ima maright laugh.gif
Lennox
I am just trying to breathe, you know when you only have one side of the nose to breathe outa, and the rest of your body is just to sore to care if you manage to breathe or no... well that's me the day. huh.gif

See, you all are talking about food again, I am starving here. sad.gif
Java
Ye dae know ye can breathe through yer mouth Oky dont ye? laugh.gif Mind wait till ye've finished eatin tho, we don't want ye inhalin biscuit crumbs...laugh.gif

Speakina biscuits (ah know, but ah wis) there's an advert oan here at the minit (canny mind the brand) wi a wee American gangster callin them biskwits, it's dead funny...
Lennox
I am no going to do anything cos I still have the flu and I 've now lost my voice , ( you know were it's all raspy ) I really don't want to find it the day .... dry.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (Java @ 31st May 2008, 01:32 PM) *
Ye dae know ye can breathe through yer mouth Oky dont ye? Mind wait till ye've finished eatin tho, we don't want ye inhalin biscuit crumbs...laugh.gif

Speakina biscuits (ah know, but ah wis) there's an advert oan here at the minit (canny mind the brand) wi a wee American gangster callin them biskwits, it's dead funny...

maybe its biskwits fur nit/knitwhits who knows who cares wub.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (brian432 @ 31st May 2008, 01:49 AM) *
Well c'moan LM' tell us, did ye enjoy it or ur ye a Johnny Cash fan (ring of fire )

Sorry Brian nae ring o fire fur me pal laugh.gif my wee buddy Penny made a superb srilankan butter chicken which I was able to eat since she knew about my low tolerance tae anything nippy or too hot so she left oot the chilli to the side for add ons for those whom preferred .....wasn't that thoughtful of her? hence why I thoroughly enjoyed a second plate of it ,she is a rerr wee cook is oor Penny had merangue tae follow a good night & dinner was had by all. biggrin.gif
Isobel
Just home for my aqua fit,went for breakfast with some of the gang. Its a fantastic day, so going to do some work outside. Maybe take the iron board on to the patio.
betty2
Fancy daen ma ironin as well Isobel, am no aw that great the day mellow.gif
Elma
Heard about a wee counter-top convection oven on sale, thinking about going to get one after I've done some *** housework smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.