Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Java
Tryin tae find out if there's an ancient byelaw that makes it illegal tae work on sunny days.... biggrin.gif
FiddlerMig
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 8th May 2008, 07:09 AM) *
busy day for me , First the Dentist ,then the nurse for BP,, vitamin Injection , diabetic check up, then of to bank, next stop supermarket then sit down time, tired before a get started laugh.gif

Yae'll need a rest after all that Anne.
Something I haven't had checked is my cholesterol or BP . I used to do my own BP when I worked at the hospital, it seemed ok, but that was a while ago noo.

Funny thing you know, my hubby caught a nasty cold and I didn't get it, so I said to him, it must be all the chocolate I eat that keeps me immune. biggrin.gif

Right now I must do the usual shopping for the day's dinner. Then its violin lesson in the afternoon. As you may have guessed, I am a what they call, a mature [older] student. Lessons can range between 10 to 17 per half hour. So I found a tutor who only charges 10 for half an hour. He does home visits.
stratson
Today am confined to the house as have painter's in decorating my kitchen which had water damage from the flat above last week.. Could have done without it this week while this lovely weather is here.
Normally up in my garden. Will take a walk up in the evening to do watering. Hope work is finished today. Looks like fish suppers tonight.
keelie gal
Im heading off to the Beach today to laze about and have a wee paddle then its back home have a few folks round tonite for a BBQ too hot to cook indoors will stop off at the fish market for prawns and a nice bit o fish to stick on the barbie later and of course a nice glass of refreshing pimms and lemonade cool.gif
Anne1
Having a quiet day today after yesterdays run around got to go back to diabetic clinic sugar up a wee bit and BP up abit so need to relax nae sweet things for a couple of days till alls back to normal rolleyes.gif
murn
Anne yee huv been in the tea room too much nae mer tunnocks tea cakes for you wink.gif
I'm gonny be daeing my "favourite" thing today, house cleaning huh.gif anywan want tae come and help, please, pretty please.
CAT
Murn tae hang wi the hoosework put yer feet up an hiv a wee cuppa an wan o' Anne's teacakes.
(jist don't tell her it wis ma idea). biggrin.gif
betty2
No much sunshine the day am off tae bingo rolleyes.gif woke up feelin lucky this mornin
CAT
Good luck Betty wink.gif
keelie gal
Aye Betty Good luck wi the bingo lets hope its the big wan ye call fer ....fingers crossed
keelie gal
Was lying on the sun lounger in the garden reading a good book i think i got to the second chapter and conked oot ,well im red raw now and covered in after sun kinda hoping thats gonna take the heat outta it or its a sleepless night fer me ,that will teach me eh laugh.gif
stratson
It was overcast today and showery however today managed to get a lie in bed, it has been all go this week between painters and my allotment.. My g/daughter ,baby Zak and I went to the Tramway for lunch, was delicious. We then went to garden where I potted my tomatoes and watered some of the new plants and seedlings in hothouse. It was enjoyable,gonna have an early night. Keelie, sounds like Portsmouth is still sunny. You were probably tired after your B.B.Q. yesterday, just watch your skin with the sun.Good luck Betty, hope your lucky, I have done the euro millions, imagine winning that>>>>>someone will! biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Aye betty you woke up feelig lucky , well Im feeling lucky tonight tongue.gif cool.gif
Anne1
Well today is our Car Boot Sale in our wee complex only about 8 cars and we have Strawberry Tart Teas, got stalls with plants ,loads of Raffle prizes usual Bric a Brac , a Home Baking Stall and a Craft Stall, so it makes for a nice Afternoon s entertainment, and money raised goes to our funds which gives us outings like coach trips ,theatre trips so a nice day for all so hope rain stays away
Sacrificing ma Saturday Bingo for this but will go tonight [martyr]
Elma
That's funny Anne, our condo is having a Garage Sale on Saturday, but it's not a comunal one, anyone of the owners who wants can set up a table on our lawn at the front of the building and if you sell anything, it's yours. I don't think I'll take part because I cleared out before moving here so I haven't accumulated anything I don't need yet. We have a whole lot of paperback books and puzzles in our common rooms that we are going to try to sell and that money will go into our strata account. We will be out there from 9 a.m. to noon, but I have to go to our store to do my usual Saturday morning prep work on the DVDs, so I think I'll get out of it!! laugh.gif
Java
Good Evening Everybody biggrin.gif

Swingy seat day the day....biggrin.gif
FiddlerMig
Whit um a dae'n the day ?

Thinkin aboot whit um gonnae dae the morn .
cool.gif

Cookin a nice roast dinner.
Java
Nae gravy for me....biggrin.gif
stratson
Never did as I planned. Half past two before finished in the house.Knew thunder was in the air so just stayed local, got bits and bobs. Really just enjoying sittig relaxing watching t.v. and on pooter.Looks dark outside, reckon some more thundery rain coming. It will clear the air.
Tomorrow is another day. rolleyes.gif
Isobel
As we have a beautiful day here we went down to the nursery and bought some plants got them all planted. Now I am about to sit down on the patio and have a rum and coke. Well deserved I think.
Anne1
our Car Boot Sale and Stalls and raffles raised the sum of 780 for our funds and a nice day was had by all. Tea room made a bomb with its strawberry tart teas and home baking laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Well done Anne, did'y save me a wee tart tongue.gif
Isobel
Me to Anne a could fine just go one right now
keelie gal
Another hot day down here today i must say the last week the weather has been terrirific hitting the 70's each day all you can smell is folks having BBQ's making the most of it i suppose ,well its a pub lunch for me today then a wee walk on the beach and as it cools down will have another BBQ later on saves cooking supper eh nice and easy then its back to work tommorow morning ,the weekends just go to quick eh cool.gif
Anne1
whit am a daein the day well ive been and done it went to forge market got a few bits and pieces then into forge shopping centre got a couple more things for holidays which are coming up fast now going to have a salad dinner nice and easy restful day . laugh.gif
Isobel
Mothers Day here, going to church then youngest daughter a taking us out for brunch.Then if weather holds up , its nice right now. Will relax with a nice rum and coke in the garden.
FiddlerMig
QUOTE (Isobel @ 11th May 2008, 01:43 PM) *
Mothers Day here, going to church then youngest daughter a taking us out for brunch.Then if weather holds up , its nice right now. Will relax with a nice rum and coke in the garden.

May is a nice month to celebrate Mother's Day, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ! smile.gif

I can niver understand why we have it in cold old March across the pond .
Tennscot
Happy Mothers day to all you Gals on GG. Hey Lennox I hope you Survived this latest Round with Mother Nature. I sat up `Til 3am This morning Monitoring the Tornado Watches and warnings. All Clear..... unsure.gif for now.
stratson
Late evening now and feel quite satisfied with my day, got last of my salad veg. and onions in the ground, such a relief, ain't good at this bending! Going to have an early night, Dr. in the morning.
Quiet tonight. Have a pleasant evening folks. smile.gif
tammy
Ripping off old wallpaper in Brittany's room and trying to get it paintd an decorated before she gets home and before I go back to work! It's a surprise for her! rolleyes.gif
stratson
Ready to go to bed. Went to garden centre again today, got Geraniums,Dianthus and moreLobelia for my borders. Have to wait for Tulips, Bluebells etc. to die off before I can get the groung turned over and plant the summer flowers.

Giving the garden a miss tomorrow and attend to ironing and usual hoosy chores. Will take a walk up after teatime to water inside. Kinda the dtory of my life in the good weather. smile.gif

Goodnight Everyone.
Anne1
had a yukky day fasted from 10pm last night for blood tests appt was to be late 11.40am but was ok with that also getting BP done again from out of nowhere up pops the time 12.40 into my brain messed around abit to pass time happened to look at calender and realised Id missed bliddy appt it was 11.40 not 12. so now got to fast all over again and have to attend two clinics tomorrow separate one for diabetes and one for BP also got dentist whit a fabulous social life I lead,[need to get all done before holidays so will persevere wub.gif
CAT
It wis the lack of food Anne that affected yer brain. By the time ye read this ye'll be tuckin in tae
somethin yummy. Enjoy!
We'll the suns back oot the day so a got a big wash out about 7am so should be dring nicely now.
Goin tae get my eybrows waxed later, no pain no gain. Taking mother out for her wee wednesday drive an a fish supper. Ye should see us wur jist like thon Thelma an Louise oan a wednesday night. When ah decide where wur goan I'll let ye's know so ye can avoid the area. biggrin.gif
Anne1
well CAT ave been done blood tests now got BP clinic at 3pm also had dentist this morning, so no eating anything big got new plate so saps a think it will be , enjoy fish supper wae yer ma
CAT
It's jist not your day Anne. I'm sure you'll make up for it on yer holibags. cool.gif
I'm sure the fish supper will be great. It's just a way of making sure my mum eats something. We may drive around Glasgow and then get it from our favourite in Barrhead or we might go down the coast. We just love these light nights. biggrin.gif
Anne1
well had BP done its ok not up as previously told but spot on while standing waiting for nurse looked down at my feet and lo and behold 1 navy sandal 1 black sandal[got 2 prs same] so glad naebody else spotted them ,, think might start ma week all over again laugh.gif laugh.gif roll on the holidays
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif glad am not the only wan who's done that. so aw is well Anne thats good news pal.
stratson
Well today set out full of plans,hand Lavatera Plant into a friend, go to bank, then off wae ma "Kerry oot "tae the garden, I kid you not, 2 cans, no, not for moi, for traps for snails, they love the stuff and drown in it. anyway the cold icy wind went right through me and I did a u turn back home, was great to get home. Had a cuppa then went into bed, had a wee snooze, watched tj movie on channel5. Is gonna rain tonight so the garden will be watered.

Anne1, glad your B.P. was good. Re. your sandal episode, no one would notice but yourself, mind ye if wan wiz black and other white ye'd be the talk o' the wash hoose. laugh.gif
Heather
See what happens when we let Anne out on her own. I ask the old question:' does yer mammy know yer oot'??????? wink.gif
Anne1
NAW:lol: laugh.gif
Heather
I thought so. laugh.gif
CAT
Hurrah its Friday biggrin.gif Whit hiv a got tae cheer aboot workin the day and babysittin the night. I'll need tae tell Mr Sminoff our Friday night date is off. sad.gif Never mind ma wee grandson always brings a smile tae ma face . Hope ye all hive a greeeat friday.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Good mornin everybiddy, jist off tae work then thats me till Tuesday ( long weekend ) I hear its going to rain all weekend but whit dae they know LoL Have a great weekend everyone tongue.gif
wee mags
well today its off to my wee grandaughters birthday ,she is 3 today wub.gif
Anne1
well am making today a working day gonnae gut ma bedroom want to change bed around to where it used to be[wasnae content when it was there] so got to admit a was wrong [again] and then start sorting out my packing for next week roll on sunday yippee smile.gif smile.gif
angel
tongue.gif I,m not doing anything next Sunday Anne ... cin I come wae yi. tongue.gif
Anne1
sure doll laugh.gif laugh.gif well afer along day of stops and starts finally finished room,put all new bedding on put up voiles[well a supervised] so its looking good,had been promising myself to do this for over 2 wks buts now its done yippee
glasgow lass
Dae'y mind telling me what's "voiles" tongue.gif unsure.gif
stratson
Voiles are inner curtaining or summer curtains.
glasgow lass
thank you stratson smile.gif wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.