Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
murn
Penny sweetie have a great holiday, a want presents brought back wub.gif
murn
Ocht awright, jist put a cat oan guard...

Elma
That was my Sandy....the cat I mean........and he was rather partial to little birds ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
have a brilliant holiday penny avoid the pubs and gie poor wee mr dainty a break fae carrying you home at night,, take care girl. tongue.gif

As for me same old routine [enjoyable though] today meet friend for coffee then afternoon bingo, mind you thinking of going back to college to learn how to play the bliddy game cannae get a shout tae save maself but maybe big one round the corner or another corner or another corner, anyway am a devil for punishment. laugh.gif
stratson
Can't make up my mind what to do, guess will go where my feet take me! tongue.gif

P.D. You and Mr Dainty have a lovely holiday returning feeling rested, enjoy yourselves.

Anne1, Canny make up my mind if the college is to sharpen up your Bingo or Pooter skills??

Catherine, canny wait tae find oot the wee birds fate!
Anne1
its for bingo stratson laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
Ah'm no dae'in much, but ah caught a wee bit of American Idol earlier oan....is that Neil Diamond lookin fit or whit? laugh.gif
RonD
No as fit as ma wee Brooke, too bad she left!
stratson
Took ma feet tae The Forge Market, my it's a busy place, next time a go will set off earlier as I never had time to look around plus it was very, very busy, maybe a weekday would be better for me.I liked it though. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
S'been raining cats and dugs most of the day and its so damp rolleyes.gif a nice night to stay home, put a fire on , have a nice stir fry and have a look at my sons hoilday pics I just saw him for short time last night as he was on a very late flight got home at around 1.30am, I hope the Toronto meet was a big hit, hope tae see some photies soon of aw yoo pretty lassies and handsome guys eh.
Cheerio everybiddy see'y aw efter,,,Lass smile.gif
RonD
Great idea idea, ah've jist cleaned the grate oan the wid stove, so ah'll get wan oan soon.
Ah might even huva wee drink in front of the fire, sigh...life's good!
Elma
Nice warm day here, I'm just in from a 50th Wedding Anniversary 'come and go' type tea. Was with some friends and we came at the beginning and were almost the last to go laugh.gif Well, the goodies were very tasty tongue.gif
Isobel
Awful day here , went up to the stores to pick up the last minute things for our wee party tonight, got soaked right through.Thought about the gang going to Toronto, for anyone driving the weather was just dreadful.
annie laurie
Elma was 20o here to-day
I was doing the same as you to-day only difference was a 60th Anniversary,
Was lovely and like wise I also ate two much but loved it, did not even make supper when we got home to full
RonD
Went fur some messages yesterday and dropped intae a customer tae collect some money, Mrs. RonD takes advantage tae go intae the local Fabricland tae fondle the fabrics, her favourite thing tae dae. rolleyes.gif
stratson
The rain came on and thunder suspected so have decided to stay home and hope it clears up, otherwise no garden today, can work in the rain but am terrified o' thunder and lightnin'>>>>a wee feartie rolleyes.gif
Java
D'ye want me tae come up and act as a human shield Stratson? ah wull ye know, jist say the word...laugh.gif
RonD
Stratson, dae ye really want an ogre sheildin' ye?????
stratson
Aw java, wish a had read your post earlier. The sun hid a cheek tae come oot at six o,clock.
Sure it's terrible that I have this fear at ma time o' life. Never mind, watchin' wee Zak in the morn', his Mum is going to Fitness First then we are all going to the garden. Really have tae get stuff into the ground. You'd be the very person to help me with yer knowledge of the land. Thanks anyway. biggrin.gif
Java
QUOTE (RonD @ 4th May 2008, 07:25 PM) *
Stratson, dae ye really want an ogre sheildin' ye?????

And why not might I ask? Ah'm whit ye might call a rainmate...laugh.gif

Extra cuddle tae Zak in the mornin Stratson, ah'll need it....laugh.gif
stratson
Nice one java! Why may I ask do you need an extra cuddle the morra days,? Zak love's cuddles , HE kisses like it's mouth tae mouth resuscitation. biggrin.gif
Heather
Stratson when our g'son was young he used to kiss us like that, sometimes his dad got embarrassed. Now he is 16yrs old, the only one he kisses like that is his girlfriend. laugh.gif
angel
I done nufink today. tongue.gif
Anne1
today weve got to go to garden centre pick up some plants get garden tidied up [big hanky size garden] been lazy in the garden so far but once started will be fine[getting started is problem] then down to our wee complex for afternoon coffee wae ma wee neighbour, thats ma plans so far. laugh.gif laugh.gif
RonD
It's 5:10 a.m. so I'm positive I'm going back to bed.!
murn
6.33 and am working or so a keep telling myself bit as usual she isnae listening tae me dry.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Good morning everybiddy s'going to be a lovely day here just working for a few hrs the day , aye keep working murn you'll need the money as oor membership fur the gym is up soon and its your turn is it not,,,,well a should get back tae work if am tae come oot tae play efter,,
so have a nice day everyone wub.gif
Isobel
Good morning all. I have just come in from aqua size ,it does make you feel so good and ready to go. I am now getting ready to meet some friends down at the pancake house for lunch. Beautiful day here, after such a rotten weekend. Enjoy your day all.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Mmmmmm pancakes Isobel aha could go that for my lunch, seeing its lunch time
I'll just nip over the road tae the Tea room am sure they will fix me some over there.
anybiddy like tae goin me for a wee pancake lunch the day ,,,, s'on me smile.gif
Heather
A lovely warm sunny day here in Glasgow today, so I took a trip down memory Lane.

We went to Saltcoats where my parents always took us for the Glasgow Fair Fortnight. It is so changed and the beach is a mess as there is a lot of Construction work going on. There is a sign up saying, ' Flood Protection Work' . I'm sure in a few years time it will look really nice when all the work is finished.

Lots of new house's and Flats and this made it difficult to know exactly where the streets were that I was looking for, to see the house's that mum used to rent for the two weeks, so I never found them.
One was a Cottage in the grounds of a big house, we used the side entrance and it was our favourite place as there was a big garden to play in and only a few minute's from the beach and the Putting Greens. As far as I remember there was a Chapel, St. Mary's where we went for Mass at the top of that road. But I couldn't find the Chapel either. A lot of these old house's were probably demolished a long time ago.

I did find the wee Tea Room around from the Railway Station where our parents always took us for a fish tea when we arrived. I took a picture of it and some other picture's to send to my sister as she had intended going to Saltcoats when her and her husband were here, but there were too many other things that they wanted to do, so they did not get there.
There is also a Fun Fair for the children and it was vey busy, and swings and a climbing frame in free play area, that was also busy.

The Town was very busy, probably some like us, Day Trippers. The weather was really warm with a nice refreshing breeze off the sea.

We enjoyed the day out. smile.gif
Java
Ah lost ma connection there for a wee while, but on the plus side, ah managed to catch a wee programme on Val Doonican. He's a lovely man, sure he is, big jumpers, rockin' chair and all...ah wonder if Musicthom has big jumpers...biggrin.gif laugh.gif
maryhillgal
My husband and I did a wee trip down memory lane today also. We drove my son up to Aberdeen [left Glasgow at 7.15 a.m]. to catch the helicopter to get him out to his rig. Then we went to the beach and it was an absolute scorcher - loads of kids in the North Sea swimming. I haven't seen the beach so busy since I was a kid. Had a great day.
glasgow lass
Yooz are so lucky smile.gif and what does Val Doonican do ? unsure.gif
Heather
Wears a lot of fancy sweaters as well as singing a few songs. laugh.gif
Elma
I remember watching Val Doonican before we came to Canada, is he still performing?
mamie
i agree it was a lovely sunny day in dear auld glasgow toon. my sister and i went shopping in buchanan st, then sat on a bench in georges square, a wee foot note, there was a 93year old lady sitting next to us, who told us she still goes dancing on a saturday afternoon amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stuarty
aww paddy mcginty's goat song from val doonigan was the bestis wee song in his day loerly irish soft talking man
Catherine
laugh.gif Oh Stuarty ah used tae sing that every Saturday night......we'd watch Val in ma Grans, Auntie Lizzie an Auntie Mary wid be up, ahd be oan the flerr an aw the wee home made cakes wid come oot an we'd be stuffin wur faces, singin awa..happy days laugh.gif
Isobel
Hey what do you think maybe Jimmy could give us one of his numbers.Where are you Jimmy?
lindamac
biggrin.gif I had a rerr terr chatting oan msn with Neils nephew Scott whom has asked us if he can come see us for a holiday later in the year ,of course I said yes so longs it isney september hehehe al be in Glesga then ............got ma usual shopping to get done later today thats awe ma boring life has the day nowt much happening. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye wont be long noo Linda have you started packing yet ,lol

Im sitting here as though I have nothing to do, got about three bushels of washing waiting to be done might as well get to it while the notion's on me, its a lovely day to hang it oot, then jist
pottering around the house today , might go to Fortinos for a wee bitty groceries and a scoot aroon aha love that big store, have a great day everybiddy,,Lass cool.gif
maryhillgal
Aye Jimmy a wee Val Doonican song. How about "If the Whole World Stopped Lovin" as I think that would really suit your voice. Please, please pretty please.
Heather
Was it Val who sang? 'The Special Years'. A song I've always liked. smile.gif
glasgow lass
Ayeeee its all coming back to me, s'all coming back to me now tongue.gif laugh.gif
murn
uff don't tell me yer gonny throw up Lass, huv you been eating yer way roon that Fortinos rolleyes.gif
RonD
Ah'm fair for fochon!!! ever heard that expression? Well ah'm am tired tha tis. Just got back from a delivery to Windosr O. Even Windorites need therir curly wurlies! 5 hours each way Windsor is across the river from Detroit.
Isobel
Another beautiful day. Just off to the pool ,aqua sizes.Then to the hairdresser to get my highlights. Must look my best for Mother Day, ha ha
tammy
Let's see... a million piles of laundry and ironing to do today...alright I might be exaggerating a wee bit. But seriously, it feels like it. Am I the only one who knows how to work these appliances? Back in from posting Karyn's wee girl Chloe's birthday parcel and my Mother In-law's Mother's day gift. Finishing a coffee before I get started here...procrastinating.
lindamac
biggrin.gif Just spoke with PennyDainty oan the phone therr tae wish her a Happy Birthday in person,she is having a lovely time,she had a smoked salmon champagne Breakfast this morning withoot the bucks fizz,the weather is sunny warm & relaxing,she has her van 10 mins away frae the watter so she has plenty nice things to view as well as shops & restraunts etc to go to Mr Dainty is taking her oot fur an indian curry tonight so she is awe Happy as the Flowers are in May hehehe laugh.gif Iam heading out to the jewelers to pick up my 2 new rings that Neil got me for my Birthday they were in being resized so Iam looking forward to wearing them both.
Anne1
busy day for me , First the Dentist ,then the nurse for BP,, vitamin Injection , diabetic check up, then of to bank, next stop supermarket then sit down time, tired before a get started laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.