Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
murn
aye you jist dae as yer told hen, keep off them there boots for a while and yeel soon be back tae yer nice cheeky wee self wink.gif
betty2
Canny make ma mind up whether to dae an ironin or gr go fur a hurl oan the bus tongue.gif
Anne1
glad your back dainty the pubs low on funds way you and heather being away and its been so nice to go to tearoom and find a cake without your name on it, take it easy doll thanks for pms laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
Nice tae see ye back PD biggrin.gif

and Betty...go for the wee hurl...the ironin''ll still be there when ye get back...biggrin.gif
RonD
They should huv a wee ironin' board an' iron oan the back o' the bus so ye cin dae baith rolleyes.gif !
stratson
Isobel, I use mine for stews, see Anne1 has told you of other uses. Is invaluable particularly when you are going out for the day, Come home, dinner awaits you, nice and warm, perfectly cooked. Always tastes delicious.. Great wee investment.

P.D. Glad to see you are home. No need to tell you to slow doon wummin'! laugh.gif

Should be following the same advice.!

Rond, for Pete's sake, an ironin' board oan the bus. Betty needs a wee shoppin' trip away fae hoosy things>>>>See u men!

After a come oot this bath/shower rainin' or no, am off oan the bus intae the toon.
RonD
Jiings stratson, ah wiz jist ryin' tae be helpful, that's a! rolleyes.gif huh.gif
Isobel
Ok Stratson you made my mind up for me, if you and Anne like it I will give it a try. Betty the ironing can wait get out and enjoy.Hey you just never know who you might meet on the bus.
Penny D glad you are having another week off ,just take it easy work can wait.
Isobel
Ok Gals heading off now with my neighbour Bev. Going to visit an open house up at a place on the main street called Curves. Thinking of joining a fitness club. Now don't laugh. I need to loose some weight before my daughters wedding.
betty2
Best thing I ever bought was the slow cooker, wouldnt be without it. Well hud ma hurl on the bus but didny stay out too long , going to bingo tonight snowball standing at 850 huv tae try ma luck
CAT
Hope ye win the night Betty. Am of tae Elderslie to pick my mum up from my sis and take her home tae Pollok. Those have been going to the same bingo in Johnstone every sunday night for the last 40 yrs. They never manage to win much so I hope you have better luck
penny dainty
Another day at home today, yes taking it easy .I have been warned !!! smile.gif Just a wee bit of cleaning maybe.
keelie gal
Penny make sure you do take it easy dont worry about the housework pal as the house aint going no where but i do know how you feel when you look around and see things that need doing you automatically want to tackle them its just habit i suppose eh! Glad your home and feeling better and up and about though just dont over do it pal biggrin.gif
betty2
Cat I enjoy bingo sure winning is a bonus but I do enjoy the company also. Last night it was only the wee bingo I was at but yir no gonny believe it ah won a tenner an it was one of my company who won the wee snowball 180 so once again ah wis in the winners circle

Rainin here KG ah mibby pop doon an play wae yir wee g/daughter for a bit lol rolleyes.gif
Anne1
waiting patiently for call from hospital to see if Nevs getting out today fingers crossed and penny thanks for phone call you made ma night hen laugh.gif
betty2
Think ah might jist chance hingin the washin oot, might clear up like yesterday and turn oot a fine day biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Anne im keeping my fingers crossed for you that Neville gets home today .

Betty the rain has stopped and there was a wee break in the clouds and some sun ..so woosh out went the towels on the line and if im really lucky i might get the bedding oot on the line aswell fingers crossed wink.gif
Anne1
thanks keelie Nev got home tonight scans were clear they say it was an infection so thank godfor that smile.gif
Isobel
Great news Anne.
witshisname
That's Great News Anne1,please pass along my best wishes to Nev wub.gif
witshisname
just sittin here enjoyin the lovely weather and seein folks oot havin a wee stroll or takin a wee bike ride aroon the neighbourhood.
I went oot fer a wee walk over to my local pharmacy,and while waiting in line tae pay fer things..did i no hear a wee scottish wummin talkin away to her hubby behind me,i just stood there wae a big smile on ma face as her accent brought back memories from back home.
Tonight i'm Gonnae be watching the Hockey Game as Montreal has advanced "GO HABS GO"...Hopefully there will be no Riots tonight.
Java
QUOTE (witshisname @ 24th Apr 2008, 08:59 PM) *
Tonight i'm Gonnae be ...

Ah thought ye were auditionin' for Stars in Their Eyes there....laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Anne Im very happy to here that you have Mr Handsome back home,, tell him HELLO from me and tell him that aha heard aw aboot him wae they nurses tongue.gif wub.gif
Anne1
thanks everyone for asking after Nev it means alot to me,,will check out the nurses version GL laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Yi dont have tae look too far Anne 1,,,,see that dainty nurse>>>>>> well look nae further,has a thingy ferr good looking patients, aha watch that'yin !!!:P
penny dainty
I'll have you know Lass that The Dainty Nurse was on the phone keepin oor wee Annewan company at three in the morning, Glasgow time that is. biggrin.gif
So glad to hear all is well with nev Anne.
Elma
I am sorry to hear Neville has been in hospital, Anne, I'm glad he's back home again now.
Anne1
thank you elma smile.gif
witshisname
I'm goin on a wee trip smile.gif
murn
uff Anne is the wild party off noo rolleyes.gif
Glad all is good wae Nev hen, bit yee better hide all yer empties from him wink.gif
jaybee
Where are you off tae Wits????
maryhillgal
I am going to a Rodeo with the grandweans. Just noticed when I was going to Asda at Bearsden this morning a big banner saying there was a Rodeo on from 11.00 a.m. till 5.00 p.m. at the Garscube Estate which is on the Switchback Road so thought the kids might like it. Just hope it's dry.
stratson
Going to finish ironing which I started yesterday, My grand-daughter and I will be having aBirthday Lunch, just the two of us, She will be 35 tomorrow. Daddy is giving her the day to herself, be lovely just the two of us. Probably do some shopping in town together. Then play rest of the day by ear. biggrin.gif
Anne1
have a nice day stratson and you MHG at rodeo for me its the usual Saturday lounging around in the morning then meet friend for coffee then bingo bingo bingo, maybe wae a wee bit o luck laugh.gif laugh.gif
brian432
Overtime mad.gif mad.gif
RonD
Aff tae a highland games meeting, the away to my wife's sister's place. It's the sister birthday the day. There away tae see the opera "Live from the Met" oan the local cinema screen.
I'll workin' away oan ma van meantime.
stuarty
picking bob up from train station in a half hour as he has touched down
glasgow lass
Hope the rain stayed away for you's MG, good luck at bingo Ann1,have a great day stratson and Ron, the opera sounds lovely to, me well am doing the gym got some new trainers yesterday so be trying them oot for a few hours , then having my new tent put up with a "little help from my friends tongue.gif " I'll have to hide the beer till the tent's up or god know's where I'll find it LOL, exams are over now and mine left for Cuba late last nigh, cousins and friends all going together, aw whit a bliddy life eh!!! laugh.gif aw well yir'only young once,,,, have a smashing day everybiddy,,, see yooz aw eftewr,,Lass.
stuarty
oh lass am at a camping convention at the end of may amd a love it fresh air in the lungs and a big appitite anaw and a will e mail ya later if thats ok wub.gif
maryhillgal
Not now going to Rodeo. My son phoned saying the kids didn't want to go so we are going to a soft play area up at Summerston. I was looking forward to the Rodeo too!!
penny dainty
ocht I would have fancied the rodeo too MHG, sno fair sad.gif
Went out round the shops for a wee while today, going to do some ironing today, just a wee bitty.
penny dainty
Forgot to mention that when I was in hospital , my allocated nurse was from Albert Drive in Queens Park and she had worked in the Vicky with my best friend Margaret who's also a nurse.Small worl eh! smile.gif
lindamac
Just enjoying some cybercise seeings it's sunday & we were entertaining yesterday until 10pm last night our guests were here so Iam lazy N hazy today.Enjoyed a BBQ with my Daughter & ex neighbours good food great laughs lotta fun & too many to drink laugh.gif need a wee askit the day ah hink laugh.gif
RonD
That's always magic PD when you meet someone who's knows someone...etc.
glasgow lass
Aye Ron that is majic my sister and I where in line at the bank one day, this girl was standing a bit in front of us she was swinging her hair in her usual way rolleyes.gif so us two look at each other ( sister and me ) and at the same time said thats how so'and so used to swing her hair and she looks so like her , looking closer it was indeed our friend from Maryhill and she almost fainted when we called out her name,it was a brilliant moment and she lived just around the corner from my sister , had been there for years but never saw each other , aye life can be very sweet at times eh biggrin.gif
stratson
Today have to see G.P (again). Char, & Zak will be accompanying me. Weather permitting we will then head for the garden, hopefully get the onions and shallots planted, doin' another row of spuds, Charlotte's, nice salad one's. Have a light packed lunch, should it rain, lunch out. It was so beautiful yesterday. Oh, if only we could depend on the weather. rolleyes.gif
betty2
Gonny hop a bus intae argyle st huv a pokey aroon then hop anither up tae sauchiehall st , see whits oan otter therr , then hop anither back doon tae st enoch centre afore gettin oan anither wan fur ma final journey hame. Bus passes are magic rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Betty that sounds like my kind'a day in'an'oot all sorts of great places, aha hope you had a nice day and had lots of nice wee blethers,,, me well Im off today and jist about ready to do a little cleaning up after the tent installers, beer bottles and caps , pizza crusts some fag ends ( yes still some smokers aboot tongue.gif )any way the tent's up and ready fer some action like some sun would help, and jist mah luck its raining today,,, rainy days and Mondays eh rolleyes.gif
Have a great day everybiddy see'y aw efter,,,Lass
RonD
Yes it's raining here too, I think I will stay home for the most part and plan my week and clean up paperwork, .....there's always paperwork.
Anne1
well ive been to town centre got a few bits for Nev for holidays had a wee bit of lunch now going to get ma wee neighbour and take her down to complex for coffee shes such a lovely wee soul and like nothing better than getting you to come in and have a natter she is 87 but bags of life and spirit in her laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.