Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Elma
Hi Betty, missed you these last wee while, glad to see you back. Good idea changing money now, I have been thinking of scraping some dollars together to change into sterling for my trip in September. The exchange is good for that right now but not for my small British pension, I am getting about $80 to 100 less per month than I did last year and, of course our pensions are frozen at the amount I got when I started eight years ago..... oh well, c'est la vie smile.gif
lindamac
smile.gif a sound & very wise move tae buy yer cash early,I managed a good enough rate a few weeks ago in the pounds sterling Elma,I paid 3335Dollars Aus for 1500 pounds sterling sounds bad yet it was better than usual.today Iam just pondering on how I can make the days go past quicker then slow them right down once Iam in the UK.the trips gonna be dear but ahm no caring.it's yer silver wedding jist wance int it.
Elma
I'm not taking very much in cash Linda, I always use my Debit card in the Bank machine, that way I don't have too much on me at one time. I am hoping I can use my MasterCard for the lunch and dinner. Our exchange rate at the moment is $2 to the pound.

To keep on topic laugh.gif I will be going to our Prayer group tomorrow morning then for lunch, then it's home for a rest, I have been struggling with a cold since Sunday but I'm glad to say I'm feeling much better now, thankfully. Not the most exciting day dry.gif
lindamac
wub.gif Get well soon Elma friend I so hope you get a lot of prayers answered & hope God Blesses ye right back thats what I want for today pal.Yes you can use your mastercards just about everywhere Elma says so even in that link re the dinner Restraunt can't wait for it to happen see ye there pal. laugh.gif
Anne1
today Im of to dentist then to collect my euros which I ordered on Thursday got a good rate and already they have dropped, so glad a done it early. laugh.gif
stratson
Have not decided what is on the agenda for today, all will depend on weather and how I feel. sad.gif
Anne1
och cheer up stratson tongue.gif tongue.gif
Java
Whit kinna weather wid ye like Stratson, ah'll see if ah can have a word....laugh.gif Oh haud oan, ah forgot....ah'm goin skiing the day... snow it is then.....laugh.gif
RonD
Java! don't even mention the "s" word !!! mad.gif smile.gif
Java
Whit, skiing? laugh.gif (Ah canny ski onyways Ron....laugh.gif)
CAT
Ron am wi you on no mentionin th S word. Ah wid love tae visit canada someday but the S puts me aff. By the way its S...... in Glasgow this morning. Im no well and supposed to be workin from home the day but wit way the S and havin a bad cauld ah think I'll just stay here the noo. I might even pop over tae the tea room shortly
RonD
Good idea CAT and welcome tae the board!
CAT
Thanks Ron this sure isnae gettin the work done but ah can always catch up later. I mean what better medicine than spending an hour in the company of such interesting people.
murn
Welcome tae the board Cat, enjoy
I am giving my mouth a rest the day got a headache, wonder why tongue.gif
Lass its up tae you tae dae the gym thing wink.gif
glasgow lass
Aye murn away an pit yer wee feet up , see aw this excitment's been too much fery is there anything else a can do for yoo, jist put it up on boards nothing is too much for murn, Ive left one of my pills and a nice cold cloth on the wee table for you and when your ready there's a wee cuppa tea and wull sit doon and yoo can tell me everything so jist remember that am only a click away hen wink.gif hope you feel well soon,,,Lass
angel
Murn is,nt that Lass the nicest wee soul rolleyes.gif
Anne1
aye shes lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy laugh.gif laugh.gif
murn
she's an imposter cool.gif how much is she paying yous two laugh.gif
lindamac
laugh.gif laugh.gif witt ur they two efter Murn watch it hen thur offering ye a pill be carefull if ye feel sleepy you may dream awesoartsa things hen.Click to view attachment
murn
uff ma whole life is a dream, am a dozy you know whit tongue.gif
glasgow lass
a keep missin that ( e ) tongue.gif
zat'y back noo >>>> well try and be good wull'y rolleyes.gif
penny dainty
QUOTE (angel @ 27th Mar 2008, 04:03 AM) *
Murn is,nt that Lass the nicest wee soul rolleyes.gif

Zat you meanin me Angel?
penny dainty
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 27th Mar 2008, 04:47 AM) *
aye shes lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy laugh.gif laugh.gif

Och Anne You mean me don't you , really you do , admit it?lol
lindamac
nuht she meant mememememememe ah tend tae think Iam a war plane beuty! laugh.gif see they paint pretty wimmen oan trucks annawe nooadays. rolleyes.gif Ahm away tae cook nice dinner of pork racks fur tea tata the noo.
Anne1
naw dainty a wisnae meaning you a wis being cheeky tae lass unsure.gif
Anne1
linda youve lost me wae planes and trucks laugh.gif laugh.gif
keelie gal
morning all we have some sunshine finally so got the washing on the line and just having a wee cuppa waiting for my wee blossom to come round then its off to the park for a wee shot on the swings with the wee yin then off to feed the ducks biggrin.gif
CAT
Mornin Keelie Gal, you sound very chirpy this morning. biggrin.gif Portsmouth is obviously not as cold as glasgow then this morn. I wish I could get my washing out on the line, theres nothin like it.
keelie gal
Morning Cat this is the first warm day we have had this year so im making the most of it dunno how long it will last normally we get alot of good weather down here but latley the weather has been all over the place where once normally dry and mild this time of year we have had storms ,blizzards all sorts some very bizzare weather indeed rolleyes.gif Ochh well think its time tae search the web for a wee deal on a wee holiday somewhere nice and hot and stock up on ma duty free's while am at it laugh.gif
CAT
You go for it Keelie teletext on line (cann't remeber address) has got some great deals.
Before you go, as ye kow am new to this (luvin it !) but whats the difference between unpacking,Settling in and vistor. I was the first 2 now I'm the 3rd. Am I really thick?
keelie gal
Hi Cat the diffence from settling in and unpacking is just really from how many posts you make the more posts you make the higher up the rank you get you will notice it will keep changin the more posts you make ,really glad you are loving the boards thers a great bunch o folk on here and im sure you will enjoy the boards as much as i have so here's a big welcome to you Enjoy my friend biggrin.gif
CAT
Thanks Keelie, better get postin then. Anyone who knows me will tell you that shouln't be too hard as I could talk for Scotalnd.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Hello everyone , Ive see it go from winter right into summer here if a remember right thats what happened last yr, so this yr Im ready for anything, still got my mukluks at the door and my shorts are oan the chair just incase , but a must say its a wee bity warmer noo TG, Im going to work soon so I jist wanted to say hi and have a great day everybiddy,,,,murn please keep the tape oan tongue.gif
Java
QUOTE (keelie gal @ 27th Mar 2008, 10:45 AM) *
...then its off to the park for a wee shot on the swings ...

You mind the parkie disny catch ye....laugh.gif
keelie gal
QUOTE (Java @ 27th Mar 2008, 11:57 AM) *
You mind the parkie disny catch ye....laugh.gif

Its alright Java im too big fer the swings its the sea saw thats my forte laugh.gif
murn
murn please keep the tape oan

AS IF, rolleyes.gif anyway that wis in a different thread never promised anythin on this wan.
Have tae drag maself intae the office the day, they miss my wee smiley face, poor things.
The wee bake shop is opened today so I might jist pick up some goodies, tae hell way the diet Lass kin dae a double shift at the Gym. wink.gif
maryhillgal
Well ah'm packing my case today as my better half and I are off to Benidorm for a week and leave in the early hours of Saturday morning. Looking forward to the break and having a good rest. Will think about you all when I am sunning myself [I hope]!!
Anne1
enjoy marj make the most of the rest laugh.gif
Anne1
am doing ma nut Im very careful with all documents forms etc. have spent last 2hrs hunting for My Road Tax papers all in one folder car to be taxed tomorrow, and worst thing is I was last one with the paper work im having a week of senior moments in one go screammmmmmmmmmm
Java
Good Mornin' Everybody biggrin.gif It's snowin here...biggrin.gif Awright, it isny...it's rainin' really really hard but if ah look through a net curtain ah can kid on....

Anne, ye can do yer car tax online ye know, ye don't need aw the documents and things, it's aw automatic when ye put yer reggie in....
Anne1
aye java cos it was new car needed document reference No..... it wouldnt accept it but have nae fear Ive found the bliddy lot .Nev was having a lay in this morning was feeling a wee bit rough so am trying to go thru drawers etc quietly when he says what ARE you looking for so told him oh says he I put documents under Laptop last night for you to save you any bother didnt know he even knew where files were kept MEN

ps java checked left drawer beside the cheese i like you suggested it wisnae there but thanks for help anyway
Anne1
aye java cos it was new car needed document reference No..... it wouldnt accept it but have nae fear Ive found the bliddy lot .Nev was having a lay in this morning was feeling a wee bit rough so am trying to go thru drawers etc quietly when he says what ARE you looking for so told him oh says he I put documents under Laptop last night for you to save you any bother didnt know he even knew where files were kept MEN

ps java checked left drawer beside the cheese i like you suggested it wisnae there but thanks for help anyway
Anne1
double post sorry
Java
We'll let ye off...laugh.gif

Meant tae say happy holidays tae MHG....mind the factor 90, we don't want ye gettin tanned sunburnt...laugh.gif
keelie gal
Good to see you found your car documents Anne as there's nowt worse than searching the hoose looking for stuff eh ,Have a good time in Benidorm MGH and send us some sun over here will ye cool.gif and Java if ye really want snow just buy some shaving foam and spray it through yer net curtain for the desired effect it looks the part but withoot the chill factor laugh.gif
murn
No doing much the day, I should, but am gonny take it easy, still got a head cold. Lass kin yee send me some more of those pills wink.gif
Kin wan of you nice kind jet set Ladies take me with yees a need a wee break fae this snow.
Java yee are welcome tae some of ours jist heard we have some more on the way.
MHG bring me back a wee picture of the sun, its that big round yellow thing tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Hey Marj, have a smashing time in Benidorm remember your sun screen.
Anne1
I am having lazy morning then meeting my friend for coffee then my usual Saturday Afternoon bingo smile.gif smile.gif
stratson
Not a lot! biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
I went to Square One shopping mall today found a nice wee sun dress, couldn't find a darn thing in the States last week so that was a waste of time, and a fast dinner tonight of Tofu and fresh snow peas poor me mellow.gif murn I left some pills under the doormat a hope they wee squirls didn't find them and think that they were nuts tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.