Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
I was at a Quiz night last week and our team won, so we all got a big Easter egg in a box. I ate that much of it last night I was sick as a dog. I threw the rest in the bin, so no more temptation. sad.gif
Anne1
just get the baileys out and take away the taste
Heather
Anne I am a chocoholic and it was the first time in my life I was sick eating chocolate. My hubby had a bit too and he said it was very sweet. I said I should sue the Group who ran the Quiz Night and hubby laughed, as I am one of the group ( a gofer ).
jakka13
PennyD ,know what you mean about Easter coming up fast .I plan to drive down to see my great grand daughters Easter weekend but they usually get more snow than we get and we've had about six feet ,so everything is on hold ,I will just have to see what the forecast is like .
lindamac
biggrin.gif gaun tae get ma herr done tae cheer masell up biggrin.gif
stuarty
dAo you know that I have attended the dentist almost every thursday and the odd tuesday since october ,,,,,,,,,,and a waited 1hour as a family of 6children and a mum new patients went in before me today, then he tells me my fitting never came back from the tehcnition lab,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wub.gif noo at this rate a want a gold set of teeth with diamond encrusted gums as a am so fedup to the back gums with this HELP ME PLEASE bling bling
jakka13
I've just spent the day celebrating my 49th wedding anniversary .We talked to our weans ,I got tons of flowers .Lovely gifts and best of all is the love me and my special guy still share .
We just had a lovely meal and now I'm off to join him in a couple of glasses of wine .
glasgow lass
Congratulations jakka,,,I hope you both have a wonderful evening, got the candles burning then.
glasgow lass
wub.gif wub.gif
RonD
Jakka, I hope that you have next year's big yin planned to be at a big hall, so that us TO/GG Glesca folk cin attend.
jakka13
Ron ,when I asked him if he wanted to try and plan something big for our 50th .His response to this was just to survive to make it .No feelin' the best these days .Whit else can I say .Thanks for the good wishes pals .
Elma
Hope I'm not too late to wish you a very Happy Anniversary Jakka, "Lang May Yer Lum Reek" wub.gif
penny dainty
My word 49 years , congratulations Jakka and Mr.Jakka biggrin.gif
lindamac
unsure.gif Witt who moi?..........................ahm dain Nuffinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ph34r.gif
penny dainty
Went shopping with my Mum yesterday and we had lunch as well .Got me some noo shoos, very nice they are too, got a red handbag as well which is nice.Going to bake a gingerbread to take to Linda's , going there for tea tonight. biggrin.gif
lindamac
Had my wee lassie tae the Drs today,shopped to find some nice wine for Dinner with the Daintys tae also spoke with PennyDainty oan the mobile [jist tae check see witt wines she is ok with] so cheers! we will have a glass of wine for each of you tonight so 2 typsy GGGems! coming up hehehehe.Penny dolls ah cin smell that gingerbreid frae here through the phone hehehe laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Oh aye a lovely day here, did ma keep fit's early this morning got the cars washed and cleaned out on inside aw whit a treat that was! tonight going for dinner to ma friends hoose, am looking forward to that as she always puts on a nice spread we will be six, a have a nice large apple/ cinnamon cake drizzeled with butterscotch jist cooling in my kitchen and a bottle of Pino Grigio that am taking for tha hostess ,,,, have a great weekend everybiddy biggrin.gif
auchenshuggle
well it was a funny old day here, it was hot and heavy. cloudy too, so i took the dog to the park and met a few others, making about seven i think it was (maths not one of my best subjects) so all the dogs had a good old runabout, managed to get in just before the rain, only to be told i had to go back out again to tescos. swo by the time all that was done it was about 7 0clock, so i just got a ready cooked chicken, put on a pan o chips opened atin o beans and got stuck in. then i thought id go an tread the boerds, so, here i am. and that was my day, hardly gonny make it into a hollywood blockbuster but , i enjoyed it.
RonD
GL where 's this hoose yer gaun tae, ah want a bit o' the drizzled cake!!!!
penny dainty
Went shopping for new sunnies today .have lost 2 pairs in the past year , good ones at that, the last ones were Oroton and cost a fair bit , I got them for Christmas.Didn take me long to lose them sad.gif So today I bought cheap ones , so If I lose them it wont hurt as much.Bet I don't lose these ones cool.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 16th Mar 2008, 04:45 AM) *
Went shopping for new sunnies today .have lost 2 pairs in the past year , good ones at that, the last ones were Oroton and cost a fair bit , I got them for Christmas.Didn take me long to lose them :So today I bought cheap ones , so If I lose them it wont hurt as much.Bet I don't lose these ones

That always happens tae me Penny ahve always gotta get the cheaper yins as ave loast that many,ma daughter has yoan Fendi sunnies she goet thum affa the internet direct frae Fendi & they still cost her hunners me ahm happy with the 30 buck yins seeings ave loast so many ave even been known tae by 5 buck wans afore laugh.gif

Hey that Gingerbried ye made me tastes rerr hen ahm at hame massell the noo the weans & Neil at the rugby match so gave massell the preverbial big cuppa tea & a chunk of Gingerbried pure dead brulliant it is hen thanks!
RonD
Ah'm thankfull aw ah need is readin' specs wi nae prescription so ah'm furr ever buyin' a haun'fu' at Dollarama alang with wi' aw ma sunnies ad ah'm aye losin' them. the funny thing is ah've hud some com;iments oan ma "new" specs.
RonD
Today we are off to pick out new ceramics tiles for the bathroom. Well, Inga has picked them out, we just have to pick them up with my "ahem, ahem " approval. We are taking out the old bath tub and not replacing t. It was stained from years of hard water and abrasive cleaners from the former owners. We never use it since a bath is too much water ( one of our "green"things) and fills the septic tank too fast. So out it comes and the whole area will be a shower stall with a glass door. We have installed a water softener so we shouldn't have to worry about hard water on the glass. This is just one project we wish to accomplish this year next is new closets for our bedroom.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye Ron a saved some cake for you its in the Tea room in the display case,,me well am having a slower day we had a very late night last night, so nothing too strenuous fer me jist a work out later and a wee tidy up here,, have a great day everybiddy,,,Lass
Oh Ron good luck with your project ,,,keep that flerr nice and level noo. tongue.gif
angel
had a new floor installed in the living room on thurs, and today my son will be back to finish the job.... It looks really nice. tongue.gif
betty2
Its a day of rest and I,m treating it as such rolleyes.gif
RonD
Hope you had a good rest Betty!
keelie gal
Aye thats wit sundays are all about eh biggrin.gif Day of rest with the sunday papers
jakka13
Well wish I could say I rested .I'm bugg#$@%.Washed down all the cupboard doors in my kitchen ,cleaned the stove .Went down on my knees and cleaned the kitchen floor to get rid of all the paint drips I put there yesterday .Then iImade BBQ on my indoor grill and then cleaned up the kitcheb again after that !!!!.
Who's a glutton for puinishment ?????
betty2
Today I,ll drown the shamrock rolleyes.gif
wee mags
As today is St Patricks day ,I have Andrew for the day so me Mike and my son John are taking him to the St Patricks day parade iBridgeport ,my Grandaughter Sarah is Marching with her school so she is expecting us to be there to embarress her biggrin.gif so I dont want to let her down
penny dainty
Its ,work , work , work , this week , then away in the caravan for the Easter break , only4 more sleeps, woo hoo! laugh.gif
RonD
Contractors coming today, to tear oot the bath tub and put in new tiles, and build a new closet furr the bedroom. Ah will be drivin' aroon' tryin' not tae think o' awfae bird puns but it'll be difficult! biggrin.gif
Anne1
just going to get ma wee neighbour and go for afternoon coffee in our wee complex laugh.gif
angel
and at this moment Anne I am going out to baby sit my young grandson.
Cheers
stratson
Right now am about to retire for the night after a hard day's work at my allotment which was truly enjoyable, a dry day is a welcome sight those days. smile.gif
penny dainty
Just the start of my day , looks like I wont be doing anything outside as it is very grey and we have had a lot of rain recently.Let's hope it clears up for the weekend huh.gif
betty2
Just slipped into another day , in the afternoon going hospital visiting , then a family visit early evening. That should take care of tuesday for me rolleyes.gif
RonD
Stratson, I'm just starting to see the wee fence around my garden plat , the snow is slowly receding. Strange when we are on the same latitude as Northern Spain.
Anne1
since its a lovely sunny day here will take a wee trip thru to Falkirk and have a wee browse in the shops and have some lunch and get maself a wee treat[no ideas what yet] laugh.gif
keelie gal
Work today but only half day today then its off to buy in the Easter Eggs for the weans ,then help my pals wee lassie to make an Easter Bonnet which i love doing as i get to be a wean again for an hour or two laugh.gif
Lion
Well Hi from down -town Leongatha in Australia - We are very laid back here - had 15 days of temps being in the late 30's. Someone has got to bear it. Thank goodness it is going to break tomorrow. Global change from anyone else? Our hot time used to be Jan.
RonD
Welcome Lion,
RonD
Ah'm aff tae sell ma wares!
wee mags
you widnae be coming doon this way wid yae Ron?I went to the parade my grandaughter was in the wind was blowin and it made it seem colder ,the young guy behind me was talking about th rowdye Scottish an Irish at the bar he was in and then he sais well I cannot talk Iwas one of them ,turned round and there is this young guy with a Glasgow Celtic scarf on .here is Sarah wind blown but loving it with her missing fromt teeth an all,she is the one in the red coat
Heather
Nice picture of Sarah, Mags. Looks like she is enjoying the Paddies Day walk.

Our g'son and his friends went out to Coatbridge on Saturday as St. Patricks Chapel out there, always have a St. Patrick's Day Festival, he said it was good. Came back flying the Tricolour. laugh.gif
Anne1
nice photo mags Sarahs getting big mellow.gif
wee mags
heres Andrew awe bundled up wae a big Green Dolfin,
Anne1
god mags look at the size of him already they grow so quick eh
wee mags
this is him when we got back his mammy bought him the shirt ,I tried to get him to look at me but the"BEE Movie was more interesting to him
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.