Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
auchenshuggle
hi penny dainty, you sound just like my wife, she goes out shopping and comes back and says oh by the way i bought you a tin of paint and a couple of new brushes . i says oh you shouldny have bothered hen, she says aye a should yur daen the loaby and the front room, so come on get a jildy on.
Anne1
glad you know your place auchenshuggle you know women rule laugh.gif laugh.gif
auchenshuggle
thats right hen i know my place. women rule o.k. they rule it oot and we paste it up ha-ha.
stuarty
well anne1 a dont want toilet paper laugh.gif laugh.gif
auchenshuggle
hey stuarty, do you no think thats a wee bit unhygenic, no wantin toilet paper, or have i got hold of the wrang end o it again?
lindamac
Ahm stepping out tae the shops tae get a wee walk & look at travel agents so Iam fair excited about that cheers pals.
petalpeeps
Wis helpin Melissa with her homework , she had to make up sentences with certain words . Done quite a few , when the next word wis disease . I told her to write down , ma mammy asked , disease troosers make ma bum look big laugh.gif needless to say she thought up something else laugh.gif
keelie gal
laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif petal
lindamac
QUOTE (petalpeeps @ 21st Feb 2008, 10:22 PM) *
Wis helpin Melissa with her homework , she had to make up sentences with certain words . Done quite a few , when the next word wis disease . I told her to write down , ma mammy asked , disease troosers make ma bum look big laugh.gif needless to say she thought up something else

Now we are getting the Petal I know & have become friends with,Love yer sense of humour Petal doll hehehehe yer oan the ball girl hehehe laugh.gif
Anne1
Today I have got the foot clinic love this appointment feet feel brilliant when finished, the bingo tonight :lol laugh.gif:
penny dainty
Whit , ye mean your no goin dancin, with yer feet all lovely , you should be trippin the light fantastic Anne laugh.gif
penny dainty
Well I had an afternoon shift at work today , no doctor this morning .Was very pleasant.Got home about 5 and Mr. dainty fired up the bbq and we had a nice steak and a beer , a very good start to the weekend. biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Sounds lovely Penny biggrin.gif I cant wait till we get good weather and be able to fire up the barbie ,got our new garden furniture delivered today but its all been stored in the shed till the warm weather comes sad.gif wish it would hurry up and come as im fed up looking at grey skies well it friday half day at work fer me then its off to my mums tonite for dinner
glasgow lass
Aye busy, busy, busy the day house cleaning and aha mean the whole hoose so am jist getting soup up to start I've said that ferr the last oor, worth it after its aw done then I'll be back out to play tongue.gif >>>> have a great day everybiddy>>>>noo where's ma Mr Muscle. tongue.gif
murn
The last a heard he hud a job in California but he will be back tongue.gif
Tks fur the sun bit yee could huv kept the snow tae yerself huh.gif
betty2
Hairdresser then bingo rolleyes.gif
penny dainty
Our old neighbours from New South Wales came up to The Gold Coast for a holiday last week and phoned to ask us to go down and meet them as we havent seen then for a few years, they never give us much warning and in the past we have had to say no as we have always had something else on.Well this time we had only just cancelled our plans for Saturday night when we got the call so the spot was vacant , so off we went .Have to admit we were not looking forward to it as their only son committed suicide in August last year and we expected it to be a very sad reunion.However they were as lovely as always and spoke openly about Chris, even though it tore their hearts out when it happened .We had a lovely evening, well till about one oclock this morning , then we went back to our hotel , we decided to stay down overnight instead of driving all the way back to Brisbane and it was awfy nice , big king size bed and huge brekky this morning.
It struck me how strong they both were and have come through the whole sad affair, it has changed their outlook on life and they dont care about small or trivial things any more.They will go through life though with a huge void .Their grandchildren of 3 and 18 months have got them through.Its so sad.
Anne1
it just as well we dont know whats a head of us penny eh,
Having a nice quiet day doing ma paperwork going out tonight to bingo wwith my friend so keep yer fingers crossed for me laugh.gif laugh.gif
keelie gal
Good luck fer the bingo Anne hope yer enjoying working yer way through the paperwork pal sometimes it can be tiring eh laugh.gif Penny glad you had a really nice time with yer neighbours biggrin.gif Iam just having a chill oot sunday you know the usual stuff attend to the paperwork wee bite to eat then off fer a stroll hope you all have a nice relaxing sunday
jakka13
I'm not planning to do much .I'm knitting Aran Sweaters for the wee ones so I'll just sit quietly and knit .Beginning to turn yellow now so that's a sure sign I'm on the mend . unsure.gif
Melody
Good Jakka, glad your bruises are healing up. smile.gif I walked into a table the other day and the corner of it jammed into my hip. Ye know when ye want tae scream and the blood drains from ye and ye keep walkin' as though nothing has happened? Well that was me. laugh.gif When ah left the room a gave it a rub and said a few curses right enough. Ah could have burst intae tears.
RonD
Its still cauld but the sun is shinin'. Ah went intae toon and picked up a new DVD player the auld wan went tae toast.! Mrs Rond D and ah ran aroon' the hoose cleanin' things that normally don't get done durin' the week and it makes ye feel good that it aw done. Noo, ah'm huvvin' a wee look at GG and' also cleanin' up paperwork oan ma desk. That's no the kind o' paperwork that ye pick up at the corner cabin alang wi' a pack o' midget gems. This real paperwork dae'in' sums an' the like! wub.gif By the way, ah found "the Steamie" oan youtube last night.
Heather
Don't worry about the paper work Ron just pass it over to me. Before I joined the Civil Service I was a Bookkeeper for many years and worked in a Chartered Accountants. I loved seeing the Books all balance out at the end of the month. smile.gif
Anne1
thts good heather you can balance mine if you like laugh.gif
Heather
That's fine Anne, as long as they balance in my favour. laugh.gif

Seriously, I loved working with figure's and Maths was one of my best subjects at School. Mind you I don't think I could still work out what X equalled. wub.gif

My husband always says I have a mind like a cash register.
penny dainty
lol Heather , you and Mr. Dainty both.He can work out a sum whether it is fractions ,percentages , addition ect ect before the calculator , the amount of times we have been in a shop and the assistant it trying to work it out on the calculator and Mr Dainty tells them the answer and 10 minutes later they come up with the same one and a stupid look on their face as if to say how the hell did you know.It makes me proud of him mind. M laugh.gif e I can count my sweetie money out and that's it.
lindamac
I have the Drs to go to this afternoon see him for a check up,nowt exciting.
penny dainty
Hope all goes well at the Doc's Linda.
Well after the mercury soared to 45 degrees on Saturday, it is down to a pleasant 24 today and it's raining.Can you beleive and old guy cut his grass on Saturday afternoon , a push mower and he died of sunstroke, canny beleive he went out in it at all let alone physical activity, sheesh!
Work as usual this morning 6.30 start, very tired , still not over my late night on Saturday , jings it's sad , I used to be able to go all night , now I have one late night and I'm wasted for days.Ce la vie sad.gif
betty2
Trolley dash at the supermarket, then visit to the health centre in the afternoon. Nothing exciting but both essential wink.gif
Anne1
penny its a sign of aging hen,,, nothing much on today afternoon coffee in the complex with ma wee neighbour and others, hope you get on alright linda at Drs. laugh.gif
betty2
Going to a funeral , my niece,s husband died suddenly aged just 40, Life certainly has its up,s and downs
penny dainty
That's terrible Betty , so sad.Just a young man.
Elma
Have been away most of the time from Thursday to today. Our community hosted the B.C. Winter Games so it has been busy. We stayed overnight last night in a hotel so that we could parteee...... Catching up now on everything including GG. Nice to be back
lindamac
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 25th Feb 2008, 06:45 AM) *
Hope all goes well at the Doc's Linda.

biggrin.gif Things went well at the Drs Penny dolls nae worries it was just chest/lung infection exacerbated with mass asthma attacks so iam 70% better now another week on just half a steroid a day & then off them all together although will have to keep on my nebulisers for few more weeks before I can adapt back to just the puffers all in all the Dr was pleased with my recovery,thanks for your concerns pal talk tae ya soon. wub.gif
witshisname
Glad tae hear that yer gettin better lindamac smile.gif wub.gif
witshisname
Well i've finally decided tae put aww thisbloomin snow to good use,and i'm openin up a snowbaw shoap.
It's only gonnae be open til mid april or there aboots,as i figure i may have to have a big Liquidation sale wink.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
I was at the dentist today yes AGAIN!!!!!!and back thursday ,,,I cut a 3rd baby tooth and he had to split my gum,,, and he's no used to extractions from side ways and a could have dug my nails into him as a thought he was taking my head off nevermind a babby tooth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a should have asked for it back to put under my pillow but it would be there until bob got over in the end of april ''''''''a dont think that would have worked ,,,oh it would not stop bleeding for half an hour so he had to pack it and am in agony noo dentists am fedup to the back teef way them oh a dont have any left back teef on the bottom of my mouth grrrrrr rolleyes.gif
lindamac
sorry yer awe sair Stuarty dolls get well soon nowt worse than that flamin dental pain it's like it will never go int it anyhoo awes fur the better ahm sposing hen cheers the noo eh,Iam not doing a thing today just floating aroon hanging at the pC laugh.gif
Java
QUOTE (witshisname @ 26th Feb 2008, 09:30 PM) *
Well i've finally decided tae put aww thisbloomin snow to good use,and i'm openin up a snowbaw shoap.
It's only gonnae be open til mid april or there aboots,as i figure i may have to have a big Liquidation sale ...

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ah'll take six....
Anne1
Today I am going out for a meal with Nev and later in the day my kids are coming over laugh.gif laugh.gif
betty2
Behavin masel as norm. tongue.gif
stratson
Got the moniter off this morning, have to wait a month for word from consultant, I remarked to nurse I thought it was rather a long time, says she, If you don't get word within the month you'll know your awright. wub.gif

Anne1, is it a anniversary or summat the day?
witshisname
I'm gonnae be goin oot fer a wee walk tae get some exercise(whatever that is),i may take the camera oot and post some pics for ye's to see.

Java...6 snowbaws oan their way over,if ye hear a loud whistling sound comin fae the sky "Duck yer heid" biggrin.gif ph34r.gif
stuarty
Java,s heid isny a duck's its an !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OGRE'S ya numpty but your my numpty wits laugh.gif
Marion Niven Dougan
Cleanin the day, a need a cleaning lady, av goat over 3 thousand square feet in this hoose
glasgow lass
smile.gif Aw Marion ,could it be time tae scale doon a wee bit for you and Mr Dougan, to a nice new two bed room bungalow , I believe its called adult living, and lovely accommodation as well hen,,,Lass
penny dainty
QUOTE (Marion Niven Dougan @ 28th Feb 2008, 05:17 AM) *
Cleanin the day, a need a cleaning lady, av goat over 3 thousand square feet in this hoose

Sorry but I have to.... where do you find square shoes for all those feet Marion! I did say sorry rolleyes.gif

Had lunch with my daughter today , she is just back from Melbourne and she came over to see me and took me out .We had Thai, was awfy nice.We are having a bbq for tea tonight , so have eaten well today for sure.
Anne1
Booked my holiday today yippee laugh.gif laugh.gif
Lennox
Wit to see me ? tongue.gif Mon you know you want to
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.