Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
RonD
Thanks Elma, furr advertisin' the Easter eggs. ah'm off tae Fergus today , a wee toon where the largest highland games in Ontario possibly Canada are held. It's a lovely toon, settled by Scots in the 19th century. You can see the Scottish influence in the original houses, which are all block sand stones, an unusual building material in this part of the world where it is either brick or limestone or wood.
Lennox
I am going to unpack get all my laundry done , catch up on the stuff I missed look at my photo's ( hopefully post them) get my body clock adjusted back to Okie time.
angel
I had a lovely day yesterday, thurs. and today back to the auld grind. sad.gif
Heather
Penny the Forge is the name of a Shoping Centre and also a Retail Park in Parkhead.

I was looking for new cushion covers which are very hard to get, so I ended up buying six new cushions with covers but in a cream colour. So I think I will have to buy dark green material and make cushion covers in the colour I want.
This is what happens when you re-decorate and change your colour scheme.
RonD
I'm aff tae oor highland games meetin, we're huvvin' oor picture takin' as we gie cheques tae local charity groups. Ah huv tae wear ma kilt, never mind freezin' ah hope its no windy!!!
Java
Ah'm jist enjoyin the sunshine the day....biggrin.gif

Mind post a photy of you in yer kilt Ron biggrin.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (Elma @ 14th Feb 2008, 05:13 PM) *
Sorry to say I'm going to a memorial service today for a very fiesty old lady who attended out church. She was in our Prayer Group and Womens' Group and I usually sat beside her on a Sunday morning. She was 93 and was still active right up to a couple of weeks ago when she fell although her hearing was beginning to go. She was still riding her horses when she was 90 and walked everywhere usually in her bare feet. She was a true pioneer she came to this area in a covered wagon with her family herding horses when she was a little girl. The stories she could tell......... We will miss her, Rest in Peace Bee wub.gif

Elma that was a nice memory of bee and a would probablly loved listening to her history on life a bet she was fisty ,gutsy woman thanks once again wub.gif
RonD
Sure java, ah don't mind ye gie'in me a showin' up and how did you get it? cool.gif biggrin.gif
Anne1
well nae flashin then Ron keep your hand on the kilt laugh.gif laugh.gif
keelie gal
Hello all im off out tonite to our local pub they are doing a valentines night and a Mr and Mrs Competion myself and John have put our names down for that Omg im laffing ma socks off here for i know i will do really well in the questions but will be a laugh to see how many my John gets right will have to wait and see eh! laugh.gif
Anne1
go for it keelie enjoy yourself laugh.gif
Melody
Good for you Keelie ah hope you two win. biggrin.gif
Anne1
hello melody rolleyes.gif
Elma
Good luck Keelie, I'm sure John knows all about you!!!!!!! tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Melody
Hello Anne way up there. laugh.gif Hello all. smile.gif
keelie gal
Thanks ladies will let you know how we get on biggrin.gif
RonD
Anne, ah cannae say whit, the doacter says ah huva "kilt complex"! wink.gif
stuarty
Keelie a think John knows you very well and he still has that love glint in his eyes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!am only gone by they way you both were looking at one and other at my 50th party so goodluck for the night enjoy it ,, a dont need to say that really because a know you will wub.gif .

Karyn have a great night oot for your birthday the night you go girlfriend ,,thats so american innnt it biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Had a very relaxing weekend away at Tin Can Bay, home now and ready to start work tomorrow ,NOT.Bought some olives in the deli , big fat ones in oil and garlic , ooh nice!got some nice Margaret River cheddar as well and a ciabiatta, very tasty.
Mind and let us know how the Mr and Mrs goes Keelie.
stuarty
am having my boys around for a bit to eat tonite,,,, fajhitas ,,,,,,,,,,, then am away to see my pals and a wee bit of adult chatter as a dont see many people these cauld days ootside ,,,,,,but a will be out and about better in the summer yey wub.gif
murn
ok GL got ma self back tae the gym the day noo bad fur the first day only a couple of bruises tongue.gif
stuarty
keep on running keep on hiding a just keep geting tunes in my head these days must be the sun comming out as a notice more and more people are getting happyer and happyer enjoy the sun wub.gif

keep on running keep on hiding a just keep geting tunes in my head these days must be the sun comming out as a notice more and more people are getting happyer and happyer enjoy the sun wub.gif
glasgow lass
Aye its a start laugh.gif ) did yi get that ferr your birthday,,,,an here's some bandaids fir yir wee nose wub.gif
Lennox
Who Had a birthday ?

I went back to work today , sad.gif man I am tired ..
murn
I had the double fives on Sunday huh.gif
Did yees click on the picture tae see me run tongue.gif
Java
QUOTE (murn @ 19th Feb 2008, 02:27 AM) *
Did yees click on the picture tae see me run

No exactly, ah clicked oan it tae see ye faw....laugh.gif Whit is it that makes us laugh at other wans misfortune? laugh.gif
Anne1
its the wee sadistic bit in us that makes us do it laugh.gif
keelie gal
Washing machine conked oot on me canny complain mind i had good innings wi it it lasted 5 years so im waiting on delivery of a new one as we speak ,ye dont realise just how much ye need wan till it goes an conks oot and yer left wi a pile o washing wish they would hurry up as its a rerr drying day doon here today so its a great oppertunity to catch up with the backlog o washing rolleyes.gif
Anne1
we are lucky here keelie we have a wee laundry room w/machine dryers in the complex, do was something at home but nae point when laundry ther, I am off to bingo this afternoon so heres hoping laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye lovely day here ahm thrilled tae see that thingy oh aye its called the sun its been that long aha forgot lol, and ahm so happy jist tae press once tongue.gif
murn
hey you stop hoarding the sun doon there, send some up oor way, it's grey here and we are into more snow sad.gif I am off to the office if a can remember where it is, huvynae been fur quite a few days. wink.gif
witshisname
i'm enjoyin the lovely sunshine that we have.
Elma
Glorious sunshine and blue, blue sky here too, temp. still minus 4 but everything looks fantastic. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Oh excuse me guys but could someone please pass my sunglasses tongue.gif
jakka13
Had to go out this morning ,snot trippin me eyes watering ,had a fight with THE SOURCE .Gave more than I got .I got a new under cabinet CD/radio last week .Stopped working yesterday .I phoned the shop I bought it from and they asked me to bring it in .Went there this morning box in hand and freezing snow .
The lout behind the counter first implied I must have done something to it !!!! mad.gif .He offered to get me a replacement in four or five days .I said I didn't want it replaced I wanted my money back .After all if you buy something new you expect it to work .This nitwit had the nerve to tell me that sometimes you got a lemon .Maybe it was made last thing on a Friday or first thing on a Monday ohmy.gif .He said they didn't make things like they used to .My come back to him was this .
I GUESS THAT GOES FOR YOU TO.Now give me back my money .He did .
glasgow lass
Aye what a glorious day today , now I have to apply some after sun laugh.gif laugh.gif
betty2
Spent yesterday shopping for an outfit for sunday , today going looking for shoes to go with it. Also city centre will be a hub of activity with the spaniards for the big game tonight.C,MON THE TIC

Jimmyd [if youre lookin in] sorry I missed youre call
lindamac
I spent yesterday at xray at local hospital where I managed tae bump intae penny dainty & got a big hugg since ahve not been so well,Asthmas gaun nutty but hey ye get that Today Iam chuffed to say My Australian Passport arrived so we shall organise our flights for September this weekend sometime so thats a huge cheer up for me GGGems cheers ahm coming hame ave done ma time so tie a yella ribbon roon that old oak tree hehehehe laugh.gif catching up on the boards so yees aroon like a polo mint huh?
Anne1
havin a nice quiet easy day going for a wee walk get the papers and just laze laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
Naw, naw, Anne....that's called dae'in paperwork hen....NEVER tell them yer huvin an easy day....
Anne1
thanks java a forgot maself there

so havin a slightly easier day doing ma paper work and ave got lots laugh.gif
lindamac
laugh.gif ye want some help there with that paper work there Anne hehehehe tongue.gif
betty2
No whit ah wis supposed tae be daen, variety bein the spice o life am spicin things up biggrin.gif
murn
been stuck doon in ma basement on this computer all morning so now am jist gonny take a peek outside and see if GL is hoarding the sun again, huh.gif hope yee get burnt Lass tongue.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Ya poor wee thing and here's me thinking yerr at the gym LOL . Aye s'been a great day oot , aha did hoard it the day again but you cin have it tomorrow as ahm at work and have nae need,,,, jist remember to send it back atop the mountain, LOL tongue.gif
auchenshuggle
hey glasgow lass, you must have hogged that sun on the other side of the mountain from me. cause i never seen a glimmer o it, so i hope murn does put it back atop the mountain tomorrow
Anne1
auchenshuggle shes a greedy lass wae the sun nae chance of her letting you borrow it laugh.gif
stuarty
well java and anne1 can you paper my hoose paleese,,,,,,, my bedroom still has the smoky paper on it and a stopped 5years ago so its in very much need of doing again but a dont know what kind of paper wink.gif
Anne1
wallpaper maybe stuarty tongue.gif tongue.gif
penny dainty
In Australia no one has wallpaper , they paint the walls , I hated it when I came here cause I liked my wallpaper , now I wouldnt thank you for it , in fact going to paint the hallway very soon now my tiling is finished.Looking at shades of Pink much to Mr. Dainty's disgust , he says he's no doin it , lol I know different.Oh yes he will. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.