Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
jakka13
I'm like you Jaybee.I had planned to go out for all the stuff I didn't pick up yesterday.(Forgot my grocery list sad.gif ).Got up had my coffee took a look out of the window and I can't see the other side of the street .I'll just sit tight and do my stitching .I started another tablecloth and I've sent away for a chart of my youngest great grand daughter to stitch .They are talking about another major storm hitting us on Tuesday . sad.gif
Java
Ah'm oan the hunt for big game.... ph34r.gif Four bobtails ah've found...wi nae rabbits attached.... huh.gif
Melody
unsure.gif If ah was you ah'd ask Rag and Tag if they saw anythin' . unsure.gif
Java
They're maintainin' a shifty silence.....laugh.gif

Somethin's amiss in them thar woods.....ah've jist come back in frae the hunt wi Mr. Java, didny find onythin, but he loast his readin glasses.... huh.gif

Anno....that's exactly whit ah said.....ah mean....wis he expectin a ransom note stuck tae a tree?...
Melody
Ye must be lookin' fur a hungry shortsighted kleptomaniac fox methinks. cool.gif unsure.gif
Heather
Not doing a lot today.

We quite often go out on a Saturday night, but hubby is not well and refuse's to be dragged out. I hate being stuck in on a Saturday night. sad.gif
Elma
Was going to go shopping in neighbouring town but the roads are too bad to drive..........yes, more snow here too, one day it will let up. Our snow usually comes and goes during the winter but it started in mid-October and is still here. tongue.gif

We actually want a lot of snow for the B.C. Winter Games which we in Kimberley/Cranbrook are hosting starting in 2 weeks on February 21st. I am one of the Key Chairs in the Ceremonies Directorate looking after the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Lots of work but lots of fun too laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Aye am not doing too much the day , aha made it to the gym but I was no feeling that good with a nasty cold, so I'll be staying home jist like Heather ,, aw well tomorrow is another day isnt it smile.gif
penny dainty
Darndest thing, I just saw a fox wi a pair of reading glasses on, what next!!! huh.gif

Well taking it easy today , had Linda and Neil over for tea last night and we watched Ratcatcher on dvd , aw man didnt like it at all , depravation and poverty, not what I call entertainment at all.Dont think it was what any of us thought it would be.Had a few wee glasses of the red biddy , more than i would normally have , was just in the mood for a wee sesh, was a good night.
lindamac
I was ferr cheered up fur huvin seen yees last night Penny ah wasn't ma usual self so felt awe the better fur seeing ye pal,ferr enjoyed wurr dinner pal Neils still gaun oan aboot dessert hehe.

I gave a good go at skelping intae that wee boattle of Riesling ye bought in fur me hen,efter saying tae ye ahm no haein a drink ah ended up tanking intae it laugh.gif hehehehe did ah finish it? widney sprise me attawe .

ah was feeling merry till we watched yoan film & felt too manyy auld memorys come in,ah was gled tae see the back o that film efter awe that, as it was a sad time in Glasgow ah huvty say so masel as I recall living in amongs it well, still feart of rats because of it tae this day. ohmy.gif........Iam well N truly relaxing the day pal tapping the keys N catching up with pc,
Java
Ah think ah'll go tae the gym the day, use their new machine.....canny mind whit ye call it.....but it dis everythin.....mars bars, kitkats, crunchies, the lot....laugh.gif laugh.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Can ah come as well? Sounds like ma kind o' place. laugh.gif
Java
Course ye can....nae mair than half an hour oan it tho....ye'll be sick....laugh.gif
Anne1
thought I was seeing things you going to gym should have known there was sweeties involved laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
Having a quiet day today Nevs still a bit yukky so while hes watching his war dvds i will take ma wee neighbour down to complex for afternoon tea/coffee passes an hour for her with a wee bit of company, and suprise suprise am housesitting again tomorrow for gas man again will be glad when its finished its bliddy cold there as no heating at all laugh.gif laugh.gif
Melody
Ye've a good kind soul Anne. smile.gif wub.gif
RonD
Aye , go easy oan that machine, ah used it a lot, ah found its good furr bulkin' up but disnae leave ye buff!!
Anne1
thank you melody didnt mean to sound virtuous laugh.gif
Melody
Ah know Anne. laugh.gif
Catherine
Well it's minus 16 here, minus 25 wae the wind chill......wis gaunni drive the boys up tae school but the locks were frozen in the car. Nae luck boys, shanks pony time again an aff they marched laugh.gif

Ahm gaunni clean oot ma kitchen cupboards this mornin, see whit ah furgoat a boat ten months ago an mibbe huv it fur dinner the night laugh.gif
Java
Ocht if yer stuck jist grab that pony...the boys'll no mind...laugh.gif gas mark 6 for twelve hours, joab done...
RonD
Its ten o' cloak an' ah'm meant to dae a two hoor motor ride, but ah cannae seem to get ready fur this -20 weather in a big drafty van!! burrr!!!! but brave man that ah'm urr - here ah go!. Talk tae yeez later.
Catherine
Mind if yer ever passin Ron an it's gettin dodgy drivin ye kin pop in here.....an mibbe dae a waashin or hoover up a bit whilst ahm cookin ye ten month auld food at gas mark 6.....in somebudy elses hoose mind you cos ahv no goat a gas cooker laugh.gif

Huvnae done the cupboards yet.....but goat a great deal at the Gap, two perra jeans anna wee dress fur the housekeepin money furra week, total bargain
Ahm awa noo tae dae ma creative financin, cover the tracks annaw that laugh.gif
RonD
Thanks Catherine, ah decided no tae go tae Mississauga the day, instead went tae ma favourite wee shoap in Newmarket and it turns she wanted lots o' stuff, soah'll look efter her and go tae Mississauga tomorrow at the same time. Ah luv when that happens!!!
murn
Do you mean the "Sweets in Store" Ron, I go there all the time happy.gif
RonD
Goodness, maybe we've talked!!! Why did I get the impression that you lived in Burlington?
I've ran into Toerag there on a few occassions. Aw right who else is lurkin' aroon' that wee stroe spyin' oan me...'fees up?
Isn't it a great wee store and the owner is lovely?
murn
She's a lovley wee woman, but I don't get to see her too much now I just go in on a Saturday now and it is her Grand daughter that is there, nice lassie. Used tae take my Mum, when she was alive, tae get a few things. Like how they always throw in a wee extra in your bag when your finished. wub.gif I have tae take a run in soon as I am just about out of puff pastry and whats mince without it, well still mince, but the pastry makes it special wub.gif
glasgow lass
Were Oh were is everyone its 5.55, am a the only wan up >>> tut tut laugh.gif
murn
I'm up but still sleeping, jist huving a wee cuppa and waiting for email tae get some work done. Its still bliddy freezing and theres talk of more of the white stuff unsure.gif
glasgow lass
Aye had a great sleep last night worked hard at the gym then went intae the steam room thats were we aw touch base with each other about whats going on in oor lives , aha actually had to change fae mah shorts as last night was freezing, came home and fell uncontious LOL , got up at 5am this mornin, aw am as fresh as a daisy.
Im planning on having a lovely day doing whatever I want to do >>>life is sweet>>>Tra La La La La tongue.gif Have a great day everybiddy,,,Lass.
RonD
I had a wonderful rest too. It might help steel myself for the trip to Mississauga that I delayed yesterday, after all it's only -24C and a possibility of 5 to 10 cm of snow. ohmy.gif mellow.gif
Melody
Oh Ron ah would'nae bother if ah was you. Jist get a book and sit by the fire. laugh.gif -24C that wid kill ye. sad.gif
keelie gal
Well no snow here today folks just lovely sunshine it was half day at work today so now im home im going to plant some spring flowers in the pots in the garden to liven it up a wee bit and add a wee bit of colour seeing as our weather is set to stay nice all week temp has gone up to 13 which is warm for this time of year so im gonna make the most of it cool.gif
RonD
Don't tempt me Melody, it wouldn't take much. I'm off to brave the elements, brave "sojer" that's me!!! Efter a' murn an' toerag needs their sweeties an' its up tae me tae get them delivered. cool.gif
Melody
Well yer right Ron the sweeties must get through. laugh.gif Take care pal, ye have ma sympathy jist make a runny fur it. laugh.gif
Catherine
Melody ye'v never seen as much folk make a runny furrit in yer life ower here laugh.gif
Hauf the time it's cos ye cannae stoap in the ice laugh.gif
Melody
Ah think ye's should aw hibernate for a few months. laugh.gif Except for poor Ron cause the sweeties have tae get through. laugh.gif We're baskin' in the sun today, well kinda.
RonD
Yer awright, ah goat thes weeties and mushy peas delivered afore the snow drap!!! dry.gif
penny dainty
And it looks like rain in Brisbane just for a change.Bliddy rain , I've seen enough of that to last a long time, okay not as bad as the snow the Canadian Club are having, but scunnersome right enough.
Went to work as usual today , fast pace on a Wednesday , but fifnished at lunchtime and have a long weekend , don't go back till Monday .Woohoo , Tin Can Bay this weekend in the van. biggrin.gif (if it stops raining long enough).
RonD
Today was sunny and the roads were very good, I didn't go into the city so I didn't have to worry about blocked roads so thank goodness for small miracles.
Heather
As it was such a nice day today I went to the Forge Retail Park then on to the Forge. After spending all my husband's money I decided to get a taxi home as the busses were packed with the schoold children being on holiday. The mobile needed charged so I had to get the bus and stand nearly all the way home. sad.gif
penny dainty
Where's the Forge Heather , did you buy anything nice?
I am getting the housework done today so I wont need to do it when I come back on Sunday, going to do some cooking this afternoon as well.
betty2
Visit to the doctor then just take things from there biggrin.gif

Then I,ll wish you all HAPPY VALENTINE,S DAY
stuarty
a got a nice card from bob and here is one for all that didnt recive one
Anne1
laugh.gif Suprise suprise folks am housesitting again for gasman who after they fitted the flu brought wrong seal they are coming at 12 and then after that my daughter and g/daughter are taking us out for a valentines lunch, then tonight going to bingo so a busy wee day laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Aye well thats me almost oot the door, havent seen much snow fall for a few oors so thats a good thing laugh.gif ) jist hope that aha have as nice a day as aha had yesterday laugh.gif ,, have a smashing day everybiddy and see you aw efter,,Lass
Elma
Sorry to say I'm going to a memorial service today for a very fiesty old lady who attended out church. She was in our Prayer Group and Womens' Group and I usually sat beside her on a Sunday morning. She was 93 and was still active right up to a couple of weeks ago when she fell although her hearing was beginning to go. She was still riding her horses when she was 90 and walked everywhere usually in her bare feet. She was a true pioneer she came to this area in a covered wagon with her family herding horses when she was a little girl. The stories she could tell......... We will miss her, Rest in Peace Bee wub.gif
angel
hello Lass hope you have a great day and hope your lunch went well Anne,, I,m going out for supper to night, a Valentines treat , tongue.gif so I,m looking forward to that and a Happy Valentines Day to Everyone. tongue.gif
Anne1
Had a lovely lunch today and thank god the gasman has finished in my daughters house , and now tomorrow we are of to Gartnavel for Nevs last batch of treatments its fairly knocked the stuffing out of him last couple of weeks will be glad when its finished shouldnt need anymore for 6 mths,god willing. smile.gif smile.gif
glasgow lass
Aye am having a night at home so aha can play with you guys all night tongue.gif ) Anne sorry to hear neves under the weather I hope its not too long till he's as right as rain again smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.