Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Catherine
Mags who ye rootin fur? Geoff waants New England biggrin.gif

Aw cripes he's jist telt me the other wans are New York...he wis intae the stats therr an wis givin me the impression the Miami Dolphins werr playin....but here it's you guys laugh.gif
wee mags
we are rooting for the PatsSarahs man is a big Giants fan so we want tae kick his bum ha ha
Catherine
Me tae laugh.gif

Ahm away tae look up flights, time ye wurr here laugh.gif
Catherine
Oh therr goes Tom Petty at hauf time....ah think they're aw werrin wigs laugh.gif
Jings ah mind ma brother havin his albums when ah wis still at school....course Geoffs singin away tae it aw...North American music...ah musta missed it laugh.gif
jakka13
Left the Super bowl to watch England playing Wales in the rugby .Great stuff .Way better than the nancyfied NFL .Wales won ,now going to watch Scotland against France .No so many adds,pads ,or postulatin . laugh.gif They just get on with the game .
RonD
Nice finish though! Giants pulled it oot at the last minute!
boots
I'm beginning to think that football game will go on forever. I've stayed well away from the TV since it came on but David's glued to it. I've reluctantly come around to watching Canadian football but only when our own Winnipeg Blue Bombers are playing. ...just not really my cup o' tea.
keelie gal
Cup o tea who mentioned Tea ....OCCHHHH Boots lets leave the fellas tae the fitba...dae ye fancy a wee jaunt doon the barras ..the briigat and buchanan st wit dae ye say pal who needs Fitba when we have shopping eh pal take ma haun wit we waiting fer then we can hit the west end in oor new frocks.....ashton lane here we come wink.gif
betty2
Am goin for a jaunt intae town.b Bein neglectin ma shoppin trips huh.gif
Elma
I'm going to a Scrapbooking party in the afternoon and I'm determined NOT to spend too much, well I'll try laugh.gif I have just started on this, a group of us have been meeting to make cards and I now know for sure what I always believed, that I'm not crafty or artistic. All the others make cute cards and mine are @#$%^, you know what I mean!!! tongue.gif
lindamac
Iam having one of them roon the bend sorta days since for the 3rd time in a row we have gone to the post office to deal with our Aussie Passports applications only tae be sent away again due tae us no haein the correct paperwork ,1st it was proof for me upon the 2nd visit so I had to go get a ID card made since ahm no a driver the 1st time we missed the post office by a few minutes,then today we were told we had to come back with our proof of citezenship paperwork which we accidently left behind after visits 1 & 2 so we are having a no Go No Talk zone in this wee part of the world the day it aint a happy campus thats fur sure as we each blame the other. rolleyes.gif Beurocratic nightmares occurr during th daytime it seems so 3 times we have visited yet still haven't gotten the applications in motion so mibbes the morra may bring 4th time lucky is there such a thing? ah wunner????
Elma
Hope you are talking again soon Linda! You do have to go through the hoops with these official papers, it's quite a performance isn't it?

You are lucky you can go to the Post Office, in Canada we have to go to a Passport Office which are only located in the large cities or send everything by mail to Ottawa for procesing.
RonD
A couple of years ago, Inga was applying for a passport renewal. It was mailed off to Ottawa and we waited and waited and nothing. We were going to the states and Inga doesn't drive and so no valid photo ID. We wanted to get into the States ahssle free since we were going there on business. I finally had to go there alone. Finally we got a note from them that that we owed them $2.00 if she wanted it renewed since we had used an old form that we obtained from the post office. GRRRR !
wee mags
hi Ron I thought it was a good game although Iam not into Football too muh I watch so that when my sons say did you see that throw ?I can say "aye a did son wink.gif
'

as for passports dont get me started it took me asking my sons seator to help us so that I could visit my sister in London ,my son had applied for a new one ,he even paid extra ,well needless to say it took 4 months before he got it ,it was the time the States said you had to have passports to go to Canada or the Bahamas,and the rush was unbelievable
Elma
I had to wait 4 months for my passport renewal last year too Mags, same reason, offices were clogged with applications because the US said no entry without a passport. Now we can drive over the line with photo ID and proof of Canadian birth or citizenship, need passport to fly in though.

I'm sorry the Pats didn't win but I don't understand football, give me Hockey, Rugby and Soccer any day tongue.gif
Anne1
today we are housesitting for my daughter who has the Gasman coming again between 8am- till noon, and then of to afternoon bingo laugh.gif laugh.gif
Marion Niven Dougan
Bob is picking me up at 12 noon. First round of Chemotherapy today. I am nervous as I do not know what to expect. They will tell me today how long I will be on it, also the side effects.
It is going up to 75 degrees here today and we will be shut in doing treatments boo hoo
stratson
Marion, all the best for your treatment. Does seem such a pity to be cooped up in lovely weather. Never mind, tomorrow is a beautiful day. wink.gif
keelie gal
I have been cooking curry all day got pals comming round tonite and we are doing a food of the world night one is bringing thai food the other one is bringing chinese food and im doing the indian so this is my second attempt of my indian curry the first time i did it i put tablespoons of spices in instead of teaspoons so it blew yer heid aff coudnae serve that smile.gif so in the bin it went and my other one is simmering nicely noo and smells so good so fingers crossed here's hoping it will taste as good as it smells wink.gif
witshisname
I'm gonnae be watchin "Super Tuesday" in the states.
Marion i hope all goes well for you today at the Dr's,Sorry tae hear ye'll be indoors when yer havin such lovely weather.xx
RonD
Where's yer hoose keelie? rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Thats a great idea keelie , what shall I make, they say aha make a no bad pizza would that be ok tongue.gif
keelie gal
That would be fab GL bring a pizza then thats a wee bitta italian biggrin.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (Marion Niven Dougan @ 5th Feb 2008, 03:20 PM) *
Bob is picking me up at 12 noon. First round of Chemotherapy today. I am nervous as I do not know what to expect. They will tell me today how long I will be on it, also the side effects.
It is going up to 75 degrees here today and we will be shut in doing treatments boo hoo

All the best of prayers are going intae that wee romm with ye Marion ,lets hope all your days are gonna get brighter& may you not suffer too many side effects doll,Get well keep up the good fight & tomorrows sun shall shine bright for you! God Bless ye Marion. wub.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (RonD @ 4th Feb 2008, 10:47 AM) *
A couple of years ago, Inga was applying for a passport renewal. It was mailed off to Ottawa and we waited and waited and nothing. We were going to the states and Inga doesn't drive and so no valid photo ID. We wanted to get into the States ahssle free since we were going there on business. I finally had to go there alone. Finally we got a note from them that that we owed them $2.00 if she wanted it renewed since we had used an old form that we obtained from the post office. GRRRR !

What makes me ticked off Ron is I like Inga don't drive [Iam sick of being penalised for that by the way!]therefore the post office said they won't do the processing untill I get an 18+ card.Now lets see the inteligence of this now.......Iask won't my citezenship papers birth certificate & Brittish Passport do for you to process my paperwork?...................Lady at Postoffice promptly said NO! Only an 18+card.,,,,,,,Dissapointed off we go to transport dpt wait an hour then get asked for.......you guessed it yet?....passport citezenship& birth certificate ,I was livid as thats all we required for the purchase of the 18+card yet the woman at post office said No! you need only the ID card so tell me then how come to purchase this 23 dollar card did I need just the above mentioned yet the post office wouldn't accept them yet they insist I buy an ID card which uses the very documents the post office rejected working that one out had me furious & we missed the post office the next day.

The day after that Neil said we don't require to take anything but your new iD card so we just took the ID card.........The post office a different lady this time, said yes you need your birth certificate your Brittish passport your citezenship papers & your new iD card so work that yin oot we were green at the Gills & red in the face with rage,To top that off they only process for 2 hrs a day between 2 & 4pm so we couldn't go get the paperwork & return on time so yet another day goes by with yet another wasted trip!

we eventualy goes in yesterday afternoon to be told[bare in mind I brought the lot & decided to bring Neils despite the fact Neil says he won't require them all as he has a drivers licence ]The same post office lady from the other day said with a dead pan face I hope you know Mr Macdonald will require all the same paper work as you Mrs Macdonald? Neil was about to flip when I calmly saved the day handing over his stuff to the lady ,she proceeds to tell us we cannot use our photographs we had taken so both of us needed our piccys taken again! Oh My God I was seething inside & had become very miserable with the whole set up as was Neil.

we came out of that post office Jiggered & 412 Dollars lighter not to mention my 23 dollar iD card so this aussie passport experience took 4 visits to post office i fight with each other an hour wait at transport office & in total of an overpriced 435 bucks! yet we couldve just used the initial paperwork we had the citezenship papersbirth cert & Brittish passport since thats what the 2nd lady wanted & the ID card was a by product of extra points we didn't realy need it,we will never go back to that post office again & I don't think I will ever want to speak to those two women with their differing rules whom caused us 4 days of trauma again either! mad.gif spitting chips of rage here mad.gif However Neil & I made up that night after 3 hrs silence hehehehehe
betty2
If its dry trip intae the braehead then bingo at night wet or dry biggrin.gif
RonD
Linda ah cin see why you and Neil wid spit the dummy!!!
penny dainty
Woohoo , curry at Keelies ahm on ma way!
Glad you and Neilbo made up Linda , what a pain beauracracy is.
Well went to work as usual, did a 12 hour day on Monday so I now have Friday off instead and as Thursday is my normal day off,I have a long weekend , dont go back till Monday yipee!
Anne1
am dead excited the day am housesitting again for same daughter as gasman is coming back after his visit yesterday he dismantled boiler said it was dangerous now doing something to it today[yesterdays time was 8am-12noon he arrived 11-55] todays time 12noon till 6pm so god knows when he will arrive, so glad am favourite house sitter rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Off out today seeing as the sun is shinning so im going to make the most of it and take a nice wee walk in to town and a wee walk through the park ,but im gonna take ma brolly with me just incase ...well ye never know eh! biggrin.gif better tae be safe than sorry as they say
glasgow lass
Anne do you do a wee bitty tidying up while yerr there hen tongue.gif )
staying in the night and am very restless,and fidgiting wildly,,think ah'll go make som chocolate squares with nuts and raisins, ah'll leave them on the sideboard when ahm done ,so jist help yerselves biggrin.gif
penny dainty
hmm thanks lass , gone!
Got up at 6am today , why in the name of goodness I say , it's my day off!
Anne1
aye lass would tidy up if needed but shirleys very tidy thank god , keep me some of your goodies.

laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Ah will anne and take some with you the morra ,,mah wee treat to aw the lassies,,sniff sniff
Anne1
Today I am meeting with several GG members in Glasgow laugh.gif laugh.gif should be very interesting folks, watch this space
glasgow lass
Here yoo , should you no be gettinhg yerr beauty sleep rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Today Im of to Gartnavel Hospital with Neville a wee 4hr stay, treatment day but definetely going to bingo tonight rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Today is my mum and dad's anniversary so we are all going out for a nice meal tonite ,myself and my brothers and thier wifes are taking them to thier favvy italian restaraunt to celebrate so should be a nice wee cosy nite biggrin.gif
maryhillgal
Enjoy yourself K/G and try no tae eat too much. rolleyes.gif
Anne1
hope you have nice meal with your family keelie how many years are they celebrating today .. We will be celebrating 48yrs this month as well laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Well I was fed up mopping up dust from Plaster off the floor, so today I got down on my knees and in the old fashioned way washed all the down stairs floors. Now I have sore knees so will have to sit and rest all weekend. smile.gif

We celebrate 50 yrs married in October this year. wub.gif
glasgow lass
Well Heather you could have fooled me, aha thought that you were aboot thurtyfive wink.gif
Heather
I am 35yrs old Lass, that's what I tell my g'daughters and they said their dad was older than me and I agreed. Their dad is my son. laugh.gif

I was a teenager when I got married and was told it would never last. laugh.gif
RonD
When ah wiz wee an' ah asked ma mammy how old she wiz, she always said 21! Ah looke dpuzzled an' she explained that when ye get ae 21 ye start a' ower again! Seemed logical tae me!
RonD
Today ah did a trip to Ottawa a 4 1/2 hour trip. Droppd off some sausages that come all the way from Northern Ireland. I have to get up early to do that trip since I usually start out at five in the morning so I can get back before dark. I don't what it is but when I have to get up early I end up waking up too early and can't sleep. It happened again today I woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye ye'll sleep good the nite Ron:P
betty2
rolleyes.gif
stratson
G/G/son coming to take me to my garden. He's going to do some groundwork, G/daughter is helping him, I'm getting to haud oan tae Zak's pram and gie him a wee push noo an again.
Aye, the life o' Reilly laugh.gif
Anne1
remember thats all youve to do today stratson pram haudin only laugh.gif laugh.gif well me im just poppin to tescos then back go meet my firend for coffee then its ma saturday usual bingo bingo bingo winnings a wee bity sparse lately but still love ma bingo but going to be positive today so its win win win[well one win will do]
jaybee
Shut in today.... more snow. We haven't had a day without snow since Thursday, January 31st. Jaybee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.