Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
DannyH
Just saw the supermoon from the back door. A bit disappointed. Maybe it is just me, but it didn't look any different from usual. Maybe a bit brighter.

Danny Harris
Heather
Danny, I did not see anything different either.

It is very cold here today. I was only out for two minute's and I was freezing. sad.gif
Heather
It is very cold here today, everywhere white with frost.

However, I went out Christmas Shopping and did a lot better than I thought I would.
I was in M@ S, Debenhams and Fraser's and I got eight Christmas present's between those three shop's
Fraser's was the easiest as I got voucher's so that the family they are for can choose their own present.

I also got two nice sweater's for myself that I saw M@S. laugh.gif

I am still waiting on the Christmas list's from the g'children. rolleyes.gif
angel

Today Monday ,
my sister and I went out , did a little
shopping and browsing around and had
a nice lunch , biggrin.gif
Heather
Hi Angel, how are you keeping these cold day's ?

I finally got the g'children's Christmas List's. smile.gif

The g'son as usual ordered them on line and they will come next week. thumbup.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 8th Dec 2016, 03:52pm) *
Hi Angel, how are you keeping these cold day's ?

I finally got the g'children's Christmas List's. smile.gif

The g'son as usual ordered them on line and they will come next week. thumbup.gif

Hi Heather , you seem to be well organized for Christmas , I have never shopped
on the internet but who knows ! , maybe one of these days .

I have more or less did my shopping so I am glad that that's over .

I am keeping fine Heather I just go with the flow ,nothing much
happening in my life at this time although I did have a new furnace
installed and also new windows so that's me OK for the winter , although
quite a bit poorer biggrin.gif

I am off now to mail some postcards to Scotland , it is a bit of a walk to the P.O.
but it seems a nice enough day to do that , although rather cold , anyway ,you
and hubby take care and have an enjoyable Christmas and all the best
in the coming New Year . yes.gif

Heather
Angel, I finally posted my Christmas Cards today.
I could not believe the cost of postage these days as it cost me almost 16. ohmy.gif

It's not too cold here today.

A Happy Christmas to you and your family, and a Good New Year.
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 12th Dec 2016, 02:54pm) *
Angel, I finally posted my Christmas Cards today.
I could not believe the cost of postage these days as it cost me almost 16. ohmy.gif

It's not too cold here today.

A Happy Christmas to you and your family, and a Good New Year.

Heather ,
For every card I mailed to Scotland, it cost $2.50 each.
angel

I'm having some friends over for lunch
this Saturday , I decided to serve them
Scotch pies with beans / peas for a change
with a plain loaf and whatever else I can
drum up also wine just to add a touch
of class . biggrin.gif

A merry Christmas to you and yours Norrie
and a healthy and prosperous New Year biggrin.gif

norrie123
To all on Glasgow Guide, all the best for Christmas and New Year

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
I put up our Christmas tree today. I will put the rest of the decoration's up over the weekend.

Norrie, a Happy Christmas to you and Clare and a Guid New Year.

Angel, best wishes to you also.
Heather
I have been taking a lot of kidding from the family about this latest storm. ohmy.gif

Barbara alias Heather. laugh.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 23rd Dec 2016, 04:09pm) *
I have been taking a lot of kidding from the family about this latest storm. ohmy.gif

Barbara alias Heather. laugh.gif

Never mind Heather , there has been worse storms laugh.gif

My sister's 3yr old granddaughter's nursery school had a
Christmas concert on Tues evening and of course we all
went to see it , once the teachers had the kids in place
on the stage
my grand niece spotted me sitting with the others and
began shouting out my name, she was so happy to see me
there , anyways , I had to stand up and be recognized and
let her know that I saw her . yes.gif

I was a very nice evening , the children singing the
Christmas carols and songs and a couple of
little dance steps , it's amazes me that 2/3 yr olds
can remember the lyrics to what they are singing
and the choreography ,LOL , but they do !

After the concert , Santa and his Missus arrived
giving out little presents to the children and there was
a nice spread of goodies and munchies, and coffee for
everyone there , after the concert .
It was a very enjoyable evening . Merry Christmas .....Pat

Heather
Angel, how are you doing, did you have a nice Christmas?

We had the family round early and got some lovely present's, then we went out for dinner with my niece and her husband and had a lovely meal.

I took the tree and all the decoration's down yesterday and they are now in the spare room waiting for my son or g'son to put them up in the loft.

My husband took ill last Friday and is in Hospital with a bad chest infection and low blood pressure.
He was hoping to get home at the weekend but the Doctor told him today they think he has the flu and did some more test's
If it is the flu he is to be moved into an Isolation ward.

It never rain's but it pour's.
norrie123
Hi heather, there is something going around I am surrounded with folk who have a bad cold, so far its missed me
Hope you husband gets well soon

Bye for now, norrie
angel

Hi Heather , I see that you are going through the mill
just now but try not to worry too much.
I do hope that your husband will get well soon.
God Bless both of you , smile.gif Pat

Heather
Hi Angel, my husband is still in Hospital and the Nurse said he will not get home until he is more steady on his feet.

The Physiotherapist takes him walking about each day, so hopefully he will get better at walking.

He is now off the oxygen, so that is an improvement. He also got the nine stitches in his head taken out.

I had to go to the Doctor last Thursday as I had a bad cold and the Doctor said it was not the Flu, but there was a Flu type bug going around and half of Baillieston had it.
She told me I was not to go to the Hospital for the next 4/5 day's so I have just been phoning the Hospital and my son keeps me up to date about his dad's progress.
I will go to the Hospital tomorrow as my son has a day off so will pick me up, he usually goes to the Hospital straight from work.
norrie123
Hi heather, yes there seems to be something nasty going around and so far I have dodged it even though my SIL and other friends have had some thing that's worse than a cold, best to stay away from the hospital
The Beatson has asked visitors to stay away, as one patient has died and others have cold like symptons

Hope your husband get's well soon

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Aye Norrie, I heard that on the News tonight. It reported that it is a Virus that can cause Pheumonia.

The symptons they spoke about were the same as what I had.

My Doctor gave me Amoxicillin that I finished today and Prednisolone that I will finish tomorrow.

The sneezing, runny nose and eye's have cleared up but still got a wee bit of a cough.
Other that that I am feeling fine.

You should tell your SIL and friend's to go to the Doctor. Just to be on the safe side.
angel

It's a worrying time for you Heather
hope you husband is on the mend soon
and next Sept/Oct. both of you go get
your flu shot , I for one swear by it .
cheers Pat . smile.gif

Heather
Pat, we both get our Flu jab every year.

The Doctor in the Hospital asked my husband if he had it.

My Doctor also checked that I had it.
angel

You know Heather ,even although you husband is ill
don't stop taking the flu shot , I know that there
are years when the flu shot won't work very well
but in fact it is a case of half a loaf is better than none .
So keep your chin up and I'll shove a few prayers in
to hasten his recovery , biggrin.gif take care God Bless , Pat .
norrie123
HI Heather I had been telling a friend to see about his cough, turns out he has silent? pneumonia, on the mend but its slow

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Norrie, it's just as well your friend took your advice.

My husband is still in Hospital and the Doctor told him today he will be in for at least another week.

He thought he was getting home within the next few day's.

All the car owner's in the family were working today, so I had to get a taxi to the Hospital.
I waited about 20 minute's for a taxi home, by the time it came I was freezing.
norrie123
Hi Heather I was talking to my friend on Friday, he is a lot better but still a bit weak.
There is usually plenty of taxis at hospitals, let hope your husband get's out soon

Bye for now, norrie
taurus
My big brother in Kirkintilloch recently went to see about his cough and chest pain when he coughed. It`s lung cancer,so that`s not the result he wanted,pneumonia would have been better. So now we bite our nails to see if the radiation treatment has killed the tumour.
norrie123
Hi taurus,not good news hope the treatment works

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Taurus, that is sad news about your brother. I hope his treatment help's.

My husband is still in Hospital after almost three weeks. He is hoping to get home sometime this week.

Norrie that is good news about your friend. He will be out and about before you know it.
norrie123
Hi Heather, my friend was never in hospital and was still working etc goodness knows how he carried on, its well seen he is single and doesn't have anybody to get him to see sense

Bye foe now, norrie
Heather
Norrie, did you mean he does not have a wife to nag him into going to a Doctor. LOL

My husband is still in Hospital and he was annoyed with me for calling an Ambulance. But now admits I did the right thing.
He is also back on oxygen.
It seems to be one step forward and two steps back for him.
norrie123
Hi Heather, my friend is divorced so its only myself and his mother who nag him, well I don't nag, just advise biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Aye Norrie, I have heard that one before. Women nag, men advise.
I wonder what Claire would say about that. LOL

Well I have no one to nag as my husband is still in Hospital, but hoping to get home later on this week.
Heather
My two g'daughter's were round today and the younger one was telling me she sat eight Prelims and got eight A's.
Her lowest mark was 84. thumbup.gif

My husband is still in Hospital after six week's and there is no decision yet of when he can get home.
Dave Grieve
Sorry to hear about your husband Heather, hope it wont be to long until he is back by his own fireplace.. On the positive side though is your Granddaughters good news. Chin up lassie. thumbup.gif
angel
[quote name='Heather' date='7th Feb 2017, 08:29pm' post='3726203']
My two g'daughter's were round today and the younger one was telling me she sat eight Prelims and got eight A's.
Her lowest mark was 84. thumbup.gif

My husband is still in Hospital after six week's and there is no decision yet of when he can get home.
[

Hi Heather , I'm sure it must be a big worry for you
with your husband still being in hospital, but if he
is being cared for that is good , I do hope that all
will be well for both of you in the near future .

Also Congratulations to your young grand daughter
I'm sure she takes after yourself . yes.gif Pat

Heather
Pat, I never got eight A's in all my school day's, maybe two or three as my best subject's were English, History and Maths.

Still no word of my husband getting home as every time the Doctor takes him off the oxygen his own oxygen levels drop too low.

I suggested to our son that as his dad has his clothes in the Hospital, we should kidnap him and bring him home. ohmy.gif
Heather
I can hardly believe that my husband is now into his 8th week in Hospital.

Twice he was to get home, but caught a bug/germ and was kept in.

Now the Doctor is talking about this week sometime before he catches another bug/germ.
Hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky.

He will get home with an oxygen bottle, something he did not need before going into Hospital.
wombat
hope your husband gets well soon heather.
DannyH
I am sure that the thoughts of many of the regulars on the GG are with you Heather.

Best wishes

Danny Harris
mlconnelly
Keeping everything crossed for your husband Heather. You must be exhausted with going back and forwards to hospital. Remember to look after yourself too. X
Heather
Thank you folk's for your nice comment's.
The man came today with the oxygen tank. It is 2ft high and 1 foot wide and has been set up in the hall.

The man said the hall was the best place as with a long cable, my husband can move about and get upstairs.
I asked if we could have two tank's, one beside the chair where my husband sits and one in the bedroom, but I was told no.

So I think we will have to re-arrange the chair's and sofa to avoid having the cable stretching from the hall right across the sitting room floor.

Apparently as the oxygen is very inflammable and we have to notify our local Fire Station and our House Insurance Co.
I was also told no bare flame's as in scented candle's which I use a lot.
No smoking allowed anywhere in the house.

So I expect my husband will be home in the next few day's.

I am a nervous wreck having something so inflammable in the house.
glasgow lass
smile.gif Hi Heather,the last time that I was on ggs for some reason I couldnt reply to you, it was going all funny, but looks like Im doing it right this time, I see that you and angel are still here, well thats great Im looking forward to reading some posts, catching up a bit, if thats possible as its years since Ive been on . I have often remembered the day someone came to your door and asked if you were Heather, it still gives me a good chuckle
Anyhoo I hope you and yours are doing well , take care GL xx
angel

Try not to worry about those oxygen tanks Heather
my dear friends here in Niagara went through the
same procedure and those tanks never exploded .
My friends also had to put a notice on their door , saying
that an oxygen tank was in use

I'm sure that it must be extremely stress full for you
at this time Heather , But I am sure that you will manage ,
God Bless ....Pat x
glasgow lass
Silly me , Ive just seen Heathere post reg her hubby, so sorry to hear that he has been so ill Heather .
I hope he is well on the mend , nothing beats going home from the hospital eh!
mlconnelly
My Mum was put on oxygen too but it was an oxygenator machine which could be wheeled about. She also had a large tank in case of power cuts and a small portable tank for going out. Hope you husband is on the mend Heather and doesn't need the oxygen for too long. x
norrie123
Hi Heather just catching up on your news, sorry to hear that your husband is still in Hospital what a worry for you, hope gets home soon
Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Norrie, God only knows when my husband will get home.
We expected to get him home this weekend, but my son and I got a shock when going to the Hospital today to be told my husband has another chest infection.

He has now been put in a ward on his own. That is what our son asked to be done 4/5 weeks ago.

The Staff Nurse had him moved and said he has had too many infection's, so hopefully he will be all the better for the move.
norrie123
Hi heather, being in hospital can mean you catch things, I was advised by an A &E doctor not to spend an overnight in the hospital, I ent home
Hope the isolation helps your husband

Bye for now, norrie
angel

Lass , I see you are on line but I am going for a walk
to Giant Tiger and the Dollar Store .
My favourite stores laugh.gif might catch up
with you later , I saw your PMs. smile.gif
glasgow lass
angel those are my favies as well. Ive got some really great things from Tigers, especially kitchen stuff, but also great workout gear!. Great minds ah angel . Yes will catch up later , Im doing washing , I also had a very good work-out , did eight miles this morning after being away for a while it is tuff to get back into it .
Have a great day angel xx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.