Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Scots Kiwi Lass
Its a lovely sunny day in Christchurch, if a bit on the cold side. I am looking forward to driving my car for the first time in 6 weeks - not too far, just to visit an old friend who is housebound.

Having had major heart surgery 6 weeks ago, I am now on the mend and beginning to get back some social life (still very limited). I've got a wonderful sister who at the age of 78 has visited me in hospital and since I came home has brought me many meals and helped me out with shopping. My son and daughter-in-law had me stay for two weeks which also helped immensely but now I am home and dealing with life again, a day at a time.

Life is wonderful and I am so grateful my condition was able to be corrected. Looking forward now to a healthier future.

Cheers,
Betty
angel

Hi Lass ,I do wish you well and hopefully you will be back to your old self
in the near future . Take care . smile.gif
wellfield
Wish you well also....love your great outlook Lass!....Campbell
annie laurie
Take it easy Kiwi Lass
But you sound very positive and that is a good sign,
Nice of you to keep in touch and let us know how things turned out

Cheers Ox thumbup.gif
norrie123
Get well soon Kiwi lass

Bye for now, norrie
Melody
Get well soon Kiwi Lass. smile.gif
Heather
Kiwi Lass, good luck to you. With your positive attitude it will not be long before you are out and about.

Aye Norrie I am still here. I was going to America in August, but Jessie suggested I come in September as she has a new g'son getting Christened on 13th September.

So I am off next Friday.
It was my g'son who pointed out to me a few days ago that I am flying to America on 9/11. ohmy.gif
Elma
Heather, how long will you be away in the US? I will be in the Glasgow area in October and was hoping we could get a few people together when I am there. Hope I'll be able to see you again.
Heather
Elma, I will be away for two weeks, arriving home the 25th September.

So I hope to see you when you are here. smile.gif
norrie123
Hi heather, enjoy your visit to Jessie and Tommy
Dates are just numbers

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
Aye Norrie, I will.

You are right about dates. I said to my g'son after my heart stopped rapidly beating, ' que sera, sera. smile.gif
Scots Kiwi Lass
Thanks to all of you lovely people who sent me such nice messages. I am spending today at home quietly and happily.

All I am hoping for now is a better sleeping pattern .... and some warmer weather so I can enjoy, not endure, my daily walks!

Kind regards,
Betty
Melody
Fingers crossed for good weather for you Betty. smile.gif
Heather
I was going to the Dentist today, so I called a taxi, 20 minute's later I had to call again.
I got to the Dentist five minute's late for my Appointment, only to find out I was not late, I was a day early.
My Appointment is tomorrow.

Ever feel you are going doolally. rolleyes.gif
DannyH
I went to see 'La famille Belier' at the G;asgow Film Theatre, in Rose Street, off Sauchiehall Street.

I know we all have different tastes when it comes to films, but honestly this film is a GEM.
It is French with sub-titles, but don't let this put you off.

It will have you laughing one minute and tugging at your heart the next.

It is in until Thursday, 17 September. It has a 12 certificate.

Danny Harris
norrie123
Hi DannyH, I didn't like watching films with sub titles but since tuning into BBC 4 on Saturday nights, I watch most of the foreign programmes

Bye for now, norrie
Melody
Norrie, just you watch yer own Gorbals film and be extremely proud of yourself. thumbup.gif
norrie123
Hi melody, no sub titles in my clip biggrin.gif
I don't have a copy of it, I thought I was getting one from the guy who made the film, see what thought done

Bye for now, norrie
Heather
In here on your own Norrie.

I came home at the weekend worn out from touring all around Virginia and New York.
I have been in New York quite a few times and still get amazed at the height of the buildings.

We went to Broadway to see Jersey Boys and it was very good. Jessie got the ticket's a few weeks ago.
She send her good wishes to you and Claire.

I was surprised at the many forest's in Virginia, really thick one's.

As you know she is very Political and even had me in the Democratic Office sticking labels on letter's to be posted out,

She introduced me to the Senator and Mayor whom she is very friendly with and does a lot of voluntary work for.
glasgow lass
Hi Barbara and all, how are you all keeping.Ive been trying to log in for ages but no luck, except for now .
glasgow lass
oops meant to say Heather, I had been speaking to my friend her names Barb lol
glasgow lass
oops, meant to say heather, saw speaking to my friend just then barb lol
glasgow lass
two for the price of one tongue.gif as usual !
Heather
Hello Glasgow Lass, long time no see. What have you been doing with yourself?

It was my husband' birthday yesterday so our son took us all out for dinner.
We were all chatting will finishing off our drinks when we heard a bell ringing and there was our g'son along with two of the waitresses bringing in the birthday cake and and all singing Happy Birthday.
The family as well as the other diner's all joined in.

My husband was crimson with embarrassment. lol
Fingernails
Me, I'm skint, so I'm planning to stay in. I'll be listening to music, writing, reading, and drinking coffee by pints. I'm saving what money I have for the weekend.
Heather
Hi Fingernails, it sounds like you are going to have busy weekend.

Is that why you are lying low until then and saving your money. wink.gif

I have had my head in a book the past couple of hour's.
It's called 'Songs of Love and War'. It's about an Anglo/Irish well of family set in West Cork in the 1900's and includes the Irish Rebellion.
Betsy2009
Hello Heather.
If you like that sort of book have you tried Leon Uris's Trinity?
angel
I have just read a novel that I borrowed from a friend ,
title " A Place Called Freedom " ,Its about colonial
Virginia and those British so called criminals who were
sent there , also the slavery that went on during those times
in the Scottish coal mines and now I have began reading
the "Pillars of the Earth" .
Heather
Betsy, the book also includes the family and maids in England and America.

I read ' Trinity' a long time ago and enjoyed it.

Angel, long time no see, where have you been hiding?

The book ' A Place called Freedom' sounds interesting, who is the Author?
angel

Hi Heather , I am still hiding and won't
be home until next week biggrin.gif

The author of that book is , Ken Follett
Fingernails
QUOTE (Heather @ 14th Oct 2015, 02:53pm) *
Hi Fingernails, it sounds like you are going to have busy weekend.

Is that why you are lying low until then and saving your money. wink.gif

I have had my head in a book the past couple of hour's.
It's called 'Songs of Love and War'. It's about an Anglo/Irish well of family set in West Cork in the 1900's and includes the Irish Rebellion.

Hopefully I will be!
That book sounds good. That's an area of history that interests me greatly. I shall have to find a copy. smile.gif
Heather
Fingernails, the book is really about the titled family who lived in a Castle in Cork and more about the youngest daughter who is in love with one of the young IRA member's.
Heather
I finished reading that book, and was disappointed in the ending, it left me wondering about some of the relationship's three of the people were having.

I get annoyed at book's and film's that leave you wondering at the end. wub.gif
Elma
Hi Heather, yes I know what you mean, I hate books that leave you hanging! I have been looking at books since I arrived here but I know they are too heavy to take home again, my case is already way too heavy! I am in Glasgow now for a week, maybe we can get together?
Heather
Hi Elma, I will be in the town someday next week as I have to buy an engagement present.
The party is on the 31st October and no I will not be dressing up in anything weird. wink.gif

So what day can you make it in to town?

Our UCM Halloween Social night is the 27th October and some of the women do dress up for Halloween laugh.gif
Elma
Heather, I am in Glasgow until Saturday this week, the 24th, are you going to be in town this week? My grandson and his partner have been here last weekend and we have been visiting relatives. They are off to Inverness and Edinburgh before returning here then going to Ireland then off to Thailand. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but my laptop stopped working, well I probably hit something wrong, However Kyle sorted it so I'm back.
annie laurie
Hello Elma,

Just to let you know the Liberal party won the Election,Justin is our
New prime minister, ,
petunia
QUOTE (annie laurie @ 20th Oct 2015, 07:05am) *
Hello Elma,

Just to let you know the Liberal party won the Election,Justin is our
New prime minister, ,

Halleluiah Harper is gone................but will not be forgotten for his 10 l o n g years clap.gif
angel

I see in the news today , that Our new Prime minister
will keep his election promise , to take in twenty five
thousand Syrian refugees by the end of the year . biggrin.gif
Betsy2009
Hang his politics. I've just seen a photo of him as a young boxer. Cameron just looks like a smug lump of lard compared to that. Lucky you!
Heather
Hi Elma, I was in town on Tuesday to buy an Engagement Present then I have been busy all week.

Sorry I won't be able to manage to town today,

Tonight we are going to see our g'son in a play In Airdrie. He is with 'Monklands Light Opera Society'.
Acting is his hobby. Of course like all men, he is always acting up. laugh.gif
Heather
Looks like I am talking to myself in here. sad.gif

Tonight I am off to our UCM Halloween Social.

We are having a Cheese & Wine night with a good old knees up. smile.gif
Elma
I am back home in Kimberley again after a fantastic time in England (for only 3 days yes.gif) and Scotland. I was in Aviemore, Inverness, Edinburgh and Glasgow. I did a lot of visiting relatives and touring around, always kept busy.
jakka13
Haven't been on here in ages (various reasons ) .To all the readers out there try and read OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon .We have had it here televised but they wouldn't show it in Scotland bcause of POLITICS .There are at least six books in the series .All about Charlie ,Bannock Burn and the uprising .They wouldn't show the series in Scotland because it was to close to the referendum . Enough said .GREAT read .All of them .Can't wait for the next series to start .
mlconnelly
Hi Jakki. I watched Outlander on Amazon Prime Tv and quite enjoyed it, but although I enjoy a good bodice-ripper as much as the next person, I felt that some of the sex scenes were unnecessary and added nothing to the story. I thought about buying the books and wondered if they would be as good as the show so I may well pay a visit to the library?
Mary
angel
QUOTE (mlconnelly @ 28th Oct 2015, 10:28am) *
Hi Jakki. I watched Outlander on Amazon Prime Tv and quite enjoyed it, but although I enjoy a good bodice-ripper as much as the next person, I felt that some of the sex scenes were unnecessary and added nothing to the story. I thought about buying the books and wondered if they would be as good as the show so I may well pay a visit to the library?
Mary

I agree Mary , actually I stopped watching that show
after those two main character's got Married ,
I considered those sex scenes to be disgusting .
Elma
I didn't watch the show and I tried to read the books but I found that Diane Gabaldon's view of Scotland was way off. She has admitted in one interview I saw (it may have changed now) that she had never been in Scotland. When a horse ride from Inverness to the south of England took about two hours I couldn't read any more! huh.gif
Betsy2009
Perhaps the horse was called Pegasus. rolleyes.gif
angel

Well yesterday and today not very nice weather , Heavy rain and
High winds but hopefully it will be better conditions for
Halloween night with the kids going out collecting their treats ,

I had company last night for supper so that was good , and now
I will get on with my day , do some chores and maybe crotchet a little,
my daughter in law has been teaching me , although I do think that
I am better at painting a wall . biggrin.gif

Heather
Ah well Angel, it's always nice to learn something new.

Any wool I have left over from my knitting, I crochet into what is meant to be a square, but it is a bit lopsided.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.