Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 29th Jul 2015, 05:23pm) *
Angel, he is too old for all the heavy work, just put's on new washer's when the taps are dripping.
He is no longer eligible to do gas work, if he did and was found out he could be charged and end up in jail.lol

I have been very busy today cleaning the wall units in the kitchen, and of course washing everything before putting them back.
I still have the floor units to do, but that will be another day.

I know Heather , no need to explain , I was just having you on . smile.gif

well it looks like you have had a pretty good day so now you can take it easy
for the rest of the night

I have been a bit busy myself today , I am having company for the
next week or so , now that will keep me on the hop .
but I am looking forward to it , Cheers , take care .
Heather
Angel, I ken fine well you were kidding me on, after all it would have cost more for his fare to Canada. laugh.gif
angel

biggrin.gif , I've got Air miles tongue.gif
Heather
laugh.gif laugh.gif
wellfield
QUOTE (angel @ 29th Jul 2015, 12:48pm) *
Nice photo Campbell , although , I thought that you
were her Teddy Bear , rolleyes.gif
You have a good day now , cheers
Ha' Heather,after 49 years that's debatable!...lol
toerag
Heather when you spoke about your husband doing some repair work for friends, I remember tradespeople used to do "homers" when they would do work after hours, do they still do that? I remember it was always cheaper if you did it that way??? anybody remember?
Thanks Martin for my memories, its is 12 years today since I joined GG.!! time flies!!
ashfield
Toerag, it's still possible to get folk who will do "homers" but it relies on you knowing people who have the skills. I stopped doing work for friends, and friends of friends, when I realised that doing a "homer" for them meant they thought it also included a lifetime guarantee rolleyes.gif
Heather
Toerag, my husband only did work for family or friends and did not do Homer's for anyone else.

All he charged them was for the cost of pipes, or gas fitting's that he had to buy to do the job they asked for.
Heather
Angel where are you these day's.

My g'daughter got 1 A and 2B's in her exam's and she only needed at least 2 C's as she had A's and B's in the exam's she did last year.
She managed to get a B for Maths, one of the subjects that caused a lot of complaint's about the exam paper.

Now she is going to University to study Accountancy at the same Uni her parent's went to. That is where they met.
angel

Congratulations to your granddaughter Heather ,
I'm sure that you are very proud and rightly so . biggrin.gif

It won't be to long before she is a NASA scientist . Cheers . thumbup.gif
wellfield
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done!
Dave Grieve
Its a great feeling to have Heather when one of your own does really well. Congratulations.
Dave Grieve
One thing I am not going to do today is wander around a Hardware store!

That in itself is one of life's puzzles, there was a time when a Sunday especially wasn't complete without a visit to that kind of store, just to have a look at the latest tools or the newest ideas in DIY.

Now it never crosses my mind to go near. Strange
Heather
Thank you all for your kind words about my g'daughter.

Angel, it's funny you mentioned Scientist.

The youngest g'daughter who will be going into 3rd year after the holiday's, got 100% for her Chemistry exam and the same mark for another subject which I can't recall.

When the family were round the other day, her g'dad was kidding her about being a Scientist.
She has not decided what she wants to be when her time comes to leave School, but she has another four years to go, so she has plenty of time to think about it.
Heather
I was reading in the Newspaper today about the way the Tartan Army are being ripped off by the SFA.
Ticket's for Scotland V Georgia match in 2016 cost 3-00, but the SFA are charging 7-50 to deliver the ticket's.

That makes the delivery of the ticket's more that double the cost of the actual ticket's. ohmy.gif
angel

Hi heather , my own son tells me that he has tickets
for the Euro soccer come June , In don't know
much about it but he is happy , the game/ games
will now become part of their vacation in France next year

I have been quite busy myself catching up on house work
as my visitors left on Thurs.
They are now off to B.C, but will drive through the states
to get there , it has been quite a trip for them but not for the
first time , as for myself I did enjoy their company and
shared a good bit in their vacation , really nice yes.gif
So now it's back to auld claes and porridge .

A beautiful day here and I am going up the road to get a few
groceries that I need , I will walk no driving today .

cheers biggrin.gif Pat.

Heather
Aye Angel, it's nice to have friend's to stay, it brightens up the days.

I was in Town today to check up flight's to America for next month as I am going to visit my sister.

The town was busy but not too busy as the children are now back in School.

I went through George Square and it was busy now there have been a couple of grassy lawn's replaced and plenty of bench's.
People were sitting on the grass and plenty of people relaxing on the bench's.
It was nice to see the Square looking nice, not as nice as it used to be, but looks better now the red tarmac is all gone.
norrie123
Hi Heather, tell Jessie, Claire I were asking for her, enjoy your holiday

Bye for now, norrie
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 18th Aug 2015, 03:21pm) *
Aye Angel, it's nice to have friend's to stay, it brightens up the days.

I was in Town today to check up flight's to America for next month as I am going to visit my sister.

The town was busy but not too busy as the children are now back in School.

I went through George Square and it was busy now there have been a couple of grassy lawn's replaced and plenty of bench's.
People were sitting on the grass and plenty of people relaxing on the bench's.
It was nice to see the Square looking nice, not as nice as it used to be, but looks better now the red tarmac is all gone.

---------------------------

Hi Heather , good to hear that you had a nice day downtown
and that you are reasonably happy with what you saw in the
Square .

I do hope that you find a suitable flight to visit with your sister in New Jersey , weather should be very pleasant at that time
Dare I ask ! unsure.gif will your husband travel with you .

Well I am not going to Scotland this year , but I have been invited
to come visit with my son and his wife , mid Sept. through
part of Oct. on an open ticket as a gift to me to visit them in Newfoundland
that's an offer I can't refuse . Ha Ha , although not sure about the weather.
: Cheers , Pat .

angel

Hello Norrie , I have just had a thought , should I come up with a couple
of half decent photo's of my trip ,will it be OK to post on your thread
Cheers , Pat . tongue.gif
angel
Such a pleasant day today , the temp is down to around 21Cel.
with very little humidity , and glorious sunshine " perfect "

I had the cat at the Vet this morning , she now has all her
needles and all groomed up with nails trimmed , she is just a
picture , biggrin.gif anyway she is now more or less all set for her
trip with me to visit my son next month.

Not including the cat . she has her own meal .

Our dinner tonight is , mince n totties with doughballs and veg.
Dessert will be ,fresh pears , nectarines and ice cream .
Cheers , biggrin.gif
petunia
QUOTE (angel @ 21st Aug 2015, 07:42pm) *
Such a pleasant day today , the temp is down to around 21Cel.
with very little humidity , and glorious sunshine " perfect "

I had the cat at the Vet this morning , she now has all her
needles and all groomed up with nails trimmed , she is just a
picture , biggrin.gif anyway she is now more or less all set for her

Not including the cat . she has her own meal .

Our dinner tonight is , mince n totties with doughballs and veg.
Dessert will be ,fresh pears , nectarines and ice cream .
Cheers , biggrin.gif

You taking the cat to Newfoundland with you Angel? Safe trip to you and the cat.
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (angel @ 21st Aug 2015, 09:42pm) *
anyway she is now more or less all set for her

And I thought it was only us that did that kind of thing when we take our dog on holiday with us to see her original master. (our daughter) Enjoy Pat as I am sure the cat will.
Dave Grieve
One place I wont be going is to Kariba dam in Zimbabwe. my cousin who lives in Zambia posted this on her facebook page last year

Click to view attachment

These three crocs were shot after Mac Bailey got taken as he was beaching his catamaran on Lake Kariba a few weeks ago. The croc shot out from between the hulls and hauled him back into the Lake right in front of his wife! They found his head in one, his arms and part of his torso in another and a leg in another. The largest croc is over 20' long and all are pretty close to that length.
The man in the photo is 5'10" tall! No photoshop!
Mac was the first of two marungus (White Men) to be taken within a week on the Lake. Mac was very involved in sailing on the Lake and with the Bog Wheelers Club of Zimbabwe.
norrie123
Hi Angel, good idea but remember this is Ross's thread, I have only borrowed it biggrin.gif

Dave, I guess there will be no swimming in that dam
In the UK the only thing to worry about in the water is the temperature biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
Betsy2009
Have you seen these? Ben Nevis should be ashamed of itself.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/10-of...ocid=spartandhp

I won't be going to any of these today. Such good advice from these critics.

(Now I'll go into a corner and scream!!!)
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 22nd Aug 2015, 12:36pm) *

Aye Ben Nevis is definitely letting the side down.
Table Mountain in Cape Town not only has a souvenir shop, bars and restaurants on top but you don't have to walk up, its even got a cable car you can use. laugh.gif
bilbo.s
Absolutely hilarious, Betsy ! Is there still hope for the human race?
petunia
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 22nd Aug 2015, 08:22am) *
One place I wont be going is to Kariba dam in Zimbabwe. my cousin who lives in Zambia posted this on her facebook page last year

Click to view attachment

These three crocs were shot after Mac Bailey got taken as he was beaching his catamaran on Lake Kariba a few weeks ago. The croc shot out from between the hulls and hauled him back into the Lake right in front of his wife! They found his head in one, his arms and part of his torso in another and a leg in another. The largest croc is over 20' long and all are pretty close to that length.
The man in the photo is 5'10" tall! No photoshop!
Mac was the first of two marungus (White Men) to be taken within a week on the Lake. Mac was very involved in sailing on the Lake and with the Bog Wheelers Club of Zimbabwe.

Very gruesome story Dave. I don't know why people insist in putting their lives in jeopardy when
they know there are dangerous animals in the places they go to although I know sometimes just
travelling along the road in Canada you can come across a bear, moose, deer etc. and with
humans encroaching into their space it is getting worse, on TV here last week there was a huge bear
found in someone's swimming pool and yesterday it was a whole family of bears in a swimming pool,

We have two dogs and they are never left at home when we go anywhere they are always with us the
cats however stay home when we moved we did take three cats a thousand miles in the car (not in
cages) and never lost one. Just as a closing note there is a dead skunk at the bottom of my driveway
this morning and the only thing dangerous about that it the smell.
Have a good day.

bilbo.s
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 22nd Aug 2015, 01:36pm) *
Aye Ben Nevis is definitely letting the side down.
Table Mountain in Cape Town not only has a souvenir shop, bars and restaurants on top but you don't have to walk up, its even got a cable car you can use. laugh.gif

Aye, but Table Mountain isnae near as high as BenNevis.
serabash
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 22nd Aug 2015, 01:06pm) *
Aye, but Table Mountain isnae near as high as BenNevis.

and it's no in scotland lol.
Betsy2009
That's because we have a mountain whereas they just have a bump. tongue.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 22nd Aug 2015, 02:24pm) *
That's because we have a mountain whereas they just have a bump. tongue.gif

An anurra hing, it's flat oan the tap. We could easy slice some aff oors an build a cludgie an whatever.
serabash
and wee huv awe the cafe and gondelas oan cairngorm so if they hud jist went up the road a bit further they could huv had a lunch and a hurl :lol:http://www.cairngormmountain.org/
angel
QUOTE (petunia @ 22nd Aug 2015, 12:04pm) *
Very gruesome story Dave. I don't know why people insist in putting their lives in jeopardy when
they know there are dangerous animals in the places they go to although I know sometimes just
travelling along the road in Canada you can come across a bear, moose, deer etc. and with
humans encroaching into their space it is getting worse, on TV here last week there was a huge bear
found in someone's swimming pool and yesterday it was a whole family of bears in a swimming pool,

We have two dogs and they are never left at home when we go anywhere they are always with us the
cats however stay home when we moved we did take three cats a thousand miles in the car (not in
cages) and never lost one. Just as a closing note there is a dead skunk at the bottom of my driveway
this morning and the only thing dangerous about that it the smell.
Have a good day.

-------------------------------

Hi petunia and Dave , we always took our pets with us on our trips ,
those pets being our dogs during those period's in our lives and as
long as we were driving . and only a few times without them did we put
them in Kennels , but we usually managed to have a good dog sitter
for them , pets are more content in their home .
Regards my cat , this will be the first time that I have taken a pet
on a flight with me, so she will just go under my seat in her carry bag
hopefully she will behave , biggrin.gif

I've never had any problems with wild animals , but my neighbour
did when a skunk decided to take up residence in his shed and
no matter how many times he shovelled it out ,it was back there
the next day , until he finally called in the humane society .

Petuna , I saw those bears on TV news , those situations are becoming
more commonplace these days as more subdivision's are built on
the trails that bears have used for centuries ,
Dave , after reading your story about that unfortunate man
I will stick with the great lakes of Canada . Yes!

Cheers Norrie , I might never get a photo on that thread
but I will try .

Having a bit of a problem with the laptop this morning , also may well be the Keyboard .
ashfield
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 22nd Aug 2015, 11:36am) *

Brilliant Betsy, funniest thing I've read in ages laugh.gif Must get on to VisitScotland and suggest they get a McDonalds up there forthwith laugh.gif
rossmckenzie
Norrie am sure if Angel wants to post then it's not a problem,I passed the thread on to you a long time ago....well pleased with that move and that the thread is still running and providing information on Scotland which I think is awesome..I have a wee lad of my own now and a second on the way....we had a great day today out with my dad at Oban and the wee lad was brilliant all day but tonight he is well upset .....don't know what's wrong with him.....times like this I need my mum around haha but she is out in Portugal....so it's 3am and am walking the floor with him...nobody warned me that my Saturday nights would be like this. Would not change it though for anything....among other things went to the animal sanctuary at Appin today,so beautiful...overcast but dry and warm...good day.
norrie123
Hi Ross, I wasn't trying to stop her posting, just pointing out it was your thread that I was using

Nice to see your still around, hope you got the wee man to sleep

Bye for now, norrie
wellfield
How time flies Ross!..soon it'll be twa' wee yins....bet you're a super Dad!
Heather
Hi Ross, time sure passes.
It's does not seem that long since you joined the Board as a young teenager, now you are all grown up with a family. smile.gif
wellfield
There's an 'Ad Choice' advert blocking my PM box so I'll type my message here to my old Springburn/Balornock friend "Jimmy Reid"..... serabash told me he badly damaged his implanted knee,I'd just like to wish him well and hopefully everything works out fine and get back to "Fleeing The Doo's".....Campbell
RonD
QUOTE (ashfield @ 22nd Aug 2015, 02:35pm) *
Brilliant Betsy, funniest thing I've read in ages laugh.gif Must get on to VisitScotland and suggest they get a McDonalds up there forthwith laugh.gif

I don't who this guy but what a whiner. he doesn't like anything. I can't wait to see what he says about the Kelpies. Probably upset theat Ben Nevis didn't have wifi at the summit.
ashfield
Ron, the person who posted about Ben Nevis would probably say something like;

The Kelpies were disappointing, let me know when they dig the rest of them out the ground tongue.gif
Heather
I went out this morning about 9-30 am and it was like a winter's day. After I did the shopping I was glad to get home.

The rain was pouring down and the wind nearly blew me away. Now the sun is shining but it is still windy.
Heather
I was cleaning out some cupboard's today and came across a mug one of my friend's gave me when I retired.
On the front in big print it say's, ' Old civil servants never die they just get upgraded '. laugh.gif
rossmckenzie
Norris you do a great job with the old thread,especially like this weeks and seeing the heather in bloom,love Scotland in September...a know am not on the right thread but got side tracked a bit on here lol.Am desperate to get back out on the hills again,sometimes take the wee man out strapped on my back and he just rabbits away in my ear...haha few years ago all I had to worry about was what music I had loaded on my phone,now it's wipes,spare clothes,food,cuddly toy,drinks, and my music is a rendition of Wheels on the Bus....it's 6.30 and he is up and ready to go for the day.....and it's a Saturday,would I change it....eh ! Probably not lol....well maybe not.
rossmckenzie
Half an hour ago I was thinking could I trade him in for a new Mac book....now sitting at the patio doors looking out onto the garden both having breakfast and it's a stunningly beautiful morning here in Glasgow and a Robin Red breast lands on the patio and stares at us....magical moment...total silence the cheeky wee blighter just looks at us like ....share the food guys!....last week it was a toad or a bloody big frog....unfortunately either the local cat or the local fox got hold of him a few days later.....The Robin was so cool this morning....are we heading into winter now....
norrie123
Good to see you posting Ross, you sound happy, the young person has gone and a mature person has taken his place
Just as well back packs have all sorts of pockets biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie
rossmckenzie
Cheers Norrie,demented most days but still enjoying my life.....and to have some glorious weather like this morning makes anyone feel better.
RonD
QUOTE (ashfield @ 27th Aug 2015, 07:57am) *
Ron, the person who posted about Ben Nevis would probably say something like;

The Kelpies were disappointing, let me know when they dig the rest of them out the ground tongue.gif

We had something similar here in Canada, where a tourist wrote to the wildlife sanctuary suggesting that if tourists come all that way to see the wildlife especially the bears they should train them to be around when the tourists are there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.