Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
Lass yes another hat did blow away last week. My sister said I should put chin straps on my hats, but that would make me feel like I'm wearing my school hat. laugh.gif
angel
save yourself all that bother Heather and just wear a headscarf. tongue.gif
angel
ohmy.gif just got the bill today from the plumber for fixing the burst pipe in the basement , which happened on Monday, !what a mess !, cost a furtune,
think I,ll run away. ohmy.gif
stuarty
I got my brain scan today and it was nothing to be worried about aww that worry and fear about just going in a polomint thing is best to describe it and it turns oue the woman that did it for me was the wife of a friend of mine at the breathe easy club small world right enough cause he moved to the sea side but she commutes evey working day a get the results in 10days time if it is nothing untoward so fingers crossed ,and a have to put 2 drops per side of my nose out of a vial of novacane am awee bit wary of that one but its only if or when a ever get the start of a headache so everythings crossed there so thats me for the day and the phone hasent stopped since a got hame . have a nice evening all wub.gif
glasgow lass
angel thats no fun, aha hope everything turned out alright for you,,minus a few bob or two rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Stuarty that is really great news,happy for you wub.gif
Lennox
Good news Stuarty, you were worried for nothing .

I am getting used to New Contact lens, why did I do this 4 days before getting on a plane ? anyone got a good answer? Oh I know Vainity biggrin.gif
Heather
Oh dear Angel you should have let me know I would have sent my husband over he is a Plumber & Gas Fitter. His only charge would have been a cup of tea. smile.gif

Lennox get a pair of flight stockings, I always wear them when flying, especially long distance and you will probably be on the plane 7/8 hours.

I got this email today and thought it would be interesting to all.

Safety Tips

Because of recent abductions in daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation.
This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, everyone you know.
After reading these 9 crucial tips.

1 Tip from Tae Kwon Do : The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM . Toss it away from you.... chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will.
This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!)
The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR,LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you.
If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

5 . A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door .
Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side.. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot.
This is especially true at NIGHT!)

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN!
The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP It may get you raped, or killed.
Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

9. Another Safety Point:

Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over.
The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door."
He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby ----
This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America 's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.

I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know.
It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle.
I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well.

Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better to be safe than sorry..
Everyone should take 5 minute's to read this. It may save your life or love one's life.
Anne1
good news stuarty
Anne1
Just back from evening out with 3 daughters 2g/daughters 1 son Nev and I. Had a lovely meal in chinese restuarant, daughter in law couldnt come sent home from work absolutely wrecked by flu
So tomorrow off to Edinburgh for Irish Dance Competion looking forward to it back home for a quiet evening. unsure.gif unsure.gif
angel
Hello Anne , you just seem to be on the go all the time,,Hope you have a nice day at the irish dancing. tongue.gif
angel
Hi heather, I think it would have been cheaper for me to bring him over,but your offer came to late, thanks anyway. laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
tongue.gif and today I am just going out to browse around the stores.
DavieBoy
Heather, where is it you take your holidays that you need awe that advice, it sure sounds as if the locals there are welcomin you wae open arms ohmy.gif

OR, dae you just like they extreme sports kind a holidays wink.gif
maryhillgal
Just trying to tidy up the house a bit and it is taking me ages as I am so short of breath. Have to sit down every few minutes to get my second wind.

Good news Stuarty - what are we like, we worry ourselves sick and it turns out OK.
murn
Heather my hubby sent that email to me a while ago (he usually sends me emails beats talking to me wink.gif )

I find the the statement about being paranoid so true, most women are afraid of looking silly so will just ignore their insticts when something does not feel right to them. Most times the stranger lurking around your car is just a fed up husband waiting for his wife but as it says better to be paranoid (am good at that)

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

So what am I doing on this Saturday, shopping, having lunch with friends, going out on the town seeing a show, nope none of the before, cleaning the house anyone like tae come and help? I have a well stocked bar and lots of goodies in the fridge, no? no takers eh?

Just noticed the post about Stuarty, good news, keep smiling wub.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aha just got in fae the gym murn can you give me a wee minit to get mah coat aff then ah'll think aboot helping yi,,,,ok ahave thought about it ,,,naw tongue.gif
murn
no nice tae tease a poor wee wuman huh.gif
betty2
Whit ah,ll be daen the day is catchin up wae everything that has been put on hold these last two days an that includes a game of bingo [it ah cin manage it] Never made there on saturday for obvious reasons
stuarty
thank you to all that wished me well on friday it was a good boost to me once again thanks ggers you exel once again .

congtatulations on the birth of your grandson betty enjoy the days you have with him .
RonD
Monday morning in January in the northern hemisphere, now we do have to find something positive to go on with. So let's hear all those happy thoughts wink.gif ...... sorry, I can't hear you...try again!!!!
Java
Mornin' Ron biggrin.gif Positive thought number one....it's no rainin' here..and there's a wee toty bitta blue showin through the clouds...biggrin.gif
Anne1
I am doing absolutely nothing having a lazy day after weekend laugh.gif
stuarty
am frozen the day sorry ron .but if its misarable ootside and wet and windy am sitting put until later tonight as a need to go out,,, but am still a wee happy bunny in myself roll on spring wub.gif
Java
Oh, there's another positive thought....spring rolls....laugh.gif
keelie gal
Pass the spring rolls then Java afore they get cauld laugh.gif Morning all monday morning and the sun is shinning so im rerring to go today it sure is amazing how a wee bit of sun can put a spring in yer step eh ! biggrin.gif
RonD
-7 C last night but going up to 1 today but freezingrain tonight, so ah'll huv tae get hame early. It's supposed tae get to 4 the morra. ...any o' them spring rolls left?
Elma
Got 18 more inches of snow yesterday and more expected today, temp. is going up to -7 today from -21 overnight, but the sun is shining and everything looks beautiful. Wish I could post a picture to show you all but I still can't manage it! Welcome to my part of the world laugh.gif
Elma
Forgot to say I'm relaxing today, only have to go out for a wee while this afternoon and then to a meeting tonight. Housework can wait............ tongue.gif laugh.gif
lindamac
Me too Elma Iam relaxing today as we had an extra buty long weekend due to Australia day so Iam glad to sit around the pc today or read my book even,also got food shopping to do this afternoon as well boring realy.
Heather
We were out all day hunting for Wallpaper. Finally picked one we saw a week ago. It's not exactly what we wanted but we had to pick something as we were seeing the same Wallpaper in all the shops we had gone to.
The main paper has a white background with the small green flower and the contrast for the bottom of the wall is just green with a risen stripe. This means I have to look for new curtains and cushion covers. wub.gif
penny dainty
Well were back , sorry Ron didnt take the camera , so no photos this time, I'll try and mind it next trip.Weekend away was lovely, very hot though, the cane toads thought so too.Went for a wee during the evening , we have an en suite site with it right next to the van, much better than having to walk over the park in the dark every time you want to go, and here is Mr. Cane Toad luxuriating in the cool and the wet of the toilet bowl.OH !says I, well not really but what I did say would put the cheeky metre off the scale."MR DAINTY get yourself in here", says I, he thought it was extremely funny, humph! glad someone did, anyway he says "no problem luv", and simply flushed the beggar away.Well it was the quickest visit to the loo in history , danm thing wasny goin tae bite me on the bum. ohmy.gif
Congratulations to Betty on the birth of your grandson and to Chic for your 40th and also to Melissa, well done.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Hello everybiddy. no relaxing for me today its oot tae hustle a buck as usual and almost time to get the show on the road, today life is good and ahm very thankful for that so come what may its going to be a great day for me and you ... see you aw later. Lass tongue.gif
RonD
Its supposed to go up to 5 C the day, its -1 right noo, so ah'll wait until later tae dae my delivery, ah hate drivin' in freezin' rain ah wid rather hubv a foot o' snow anytime!!!
Heather
I painted skirting, door frame's and dado rails. Isn't life wonderful. sad.gif
Waverley
My apoligise to the northern hemisphire folk for skiting but we have a lovely sunny day in the southern hemisphere temp expected of 26. c
What a great way to celebrate the 1st of Feb.
Catherine
Aw wid ye listen tae big blaw Jim laugh.gif .......ahm gaun oot the door here Jim tae get ma weans fae school, lovely sunny day here annaw but it's minus 19 ...sno ferr laugh.gif
witshisname
went oot fur a wee walk tae the shoaps,ended up sliding haulf way there,Due to the freezin rain we had. laugh.gif smile.gif
stuarty
A missed oot on the chinese and as its their newyear soon comonafawchoi a canny spell it a can say it laugh.gif was at dentist,,,,,,,, getting there in the mouth department ,,,,,,,,,,, then shopping treated myself to some parma ham;;;; and some tropical fruit as a eat in the night a bought frozen and make up int wee bags so its defrosted by the time a want to eat it and its still nice and cold and now am going to watch a bit of tv,,,,,,,,, and am away for a chill weekend or should a say bloomin freezin no doubt laugh.gif
RonD
Gung Hey Fat Choi. Some Chinese fella said that tae me last year, ah almost decked him , ah thoat he said Gung hey Fat Boy tongue.gif Anyway its ma year since it s the year o' the rat, mind ye ah suppose most o' ye knew that ah wiz a rat a'ready.
RonD
Talkin' aboot 10-12 inches of snaw the day an' so yeez don't get bored they're throwin' a wee bit of freezin' rain, ah hink ah'll stey here the day. !!!
murn
aye it's a snow day the day, hide the shovel and go back tae bed. biggrin.gif
Anne1
just spent the morning sitting in gartnavel hospital while Neville had his treatment home now and going to ave a big bowl of Ham &lentil soup as its absolutely freezing today and its trying hard to snow then will relax until time for ma Friday night at Bingo laugh.gif
wee mags
Well its pouring rain ere and its freezin,but no tae worry ,me and the yank [Mike ]are gooing to a place called the Westchester dinner theater tonight thanks to our weans , wub.gif
Its a Christmas gift they gave us ,as Iam aways trying to sing 'The Magic of the night"well ma version of it wink.gif
oops I fogot thanks tae Geoff for my dvd of it as well
penny dainty
Still killin myself laughing here at Ron's gung ho fat boy, priceless.
Hope Nev was good after his treatment anne, soup sounds wonderful, and Mags , hope you enjoyed the theatre.
Pretty mediocre kind of day here , overcast and humid , no nice at all.Got a recipe for butter chicken from a wee indian lassie that has started working with us , she had some in at work and it was gorgeous.Her Mum wrote out the recipe so I am attempting to make it today.Popped into the Indian supermarket so I could get authentic ingredients and the chicken is marinating as we speak, watch this space if it turns out, I'll share the recipe if anyone is interested. biggrin.gif
RonD
Well it stoapped snowin' It's no too deep here but worse in the city. Ah saw oan the enws last night there wiz 597 fender benders oan the highways and roads in the Toronto area.Aw these folks who dae 160 kM normally wurr upset aboot gettin' an accidtnt when they hud slowed tae 120 fur the weather dry.gif
penny dainty
Having a "spot" of weather in Brisbane today as well, it's raining hard today, so I guess I'm not cutting the grass today, aw shame wink.gif might do some cooking , I'm off to see what I can make today .
The Indian curry i made last night was lovely.
Catherine
Penny ahd take the Recipe in a minute but it's the one food Geoff cannae go, so nae point in me cookin wan cos it'd jist go tae waste. I always jist go oot for one wae ma pals now.

We've had Darth Vader the snawblawer oan the day, what a bucket was dumped here Ron.
It's a lovely night though, clear sky and very white and crispy.
We're in here watchin the Ice Hockey, thank God it looks like the Leafs might win the night, poor Jake gets aw upset when they don't laugh.gif

Max is away tae a Chinese New Years Dinner with his wee pal Liam an family, they have a big Do every year at relatives.
Wee sowel even slicked doon his hair tae be aw smart dressed....oh oan the plate an eat them up moments right enuf. laugh.gif
betty2
Usual sunday , doing as little as possible. According tae the good book , it tokk six days tae make the world and oan the 7th he rested. well for the past 6 days ah,ve lived in a very busy world , so ah think am due a rest., just lollin aboot watchin the world go by rolleyes.gif
wee mags
like you betty am no dain anything ,Its the big super bowl here so Mike is awe settled doon tae watch it ,My youngest son John came and made hot wings and barbcue wings to take to his friends ,all of the guys bring some thing ,The guy who has it at his house takes care of the booze,althought all the guys bring whatever beer they like so its not all the one person footing the bill. oops I forgat he left some wings for his dad and me to have during the game Iam upstairs at the devils machine [thats whit the yank calls ma computer ]  wink.gifClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
these are the two teams the Patriots are the first and the Ny Giants are the second
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.