Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif Hi there am going backwards so will tell you what I done yesterday we went to a place called Murcia its the capital of this area, the journey was about 50odd miles we went by coach on the way we passed field after field of lemon groves then it was fields of orange groves then next place caught my eye was masses of tree full of olives by time we reached murcia a was starving I was expecting and old type town but very modern beautiful parks buildings lovely old cathederals, and loads of market like stalls and things We had dinner in very nice hotel and we walked for miles and so today all we have done is have a dip in the pool and sit on sun terrace and chill the temp heres is 27 deg so thats me folks
angel
sounds just wonderful Anne, for myself, I,m just doing the usual house work,, it,s a drag, tongue.gif
murn
catching up on some work I have been trying to ignore mad.gif
witshisname
Ahm goin tae the Sunny England....lol
betty2
Anne is therr a pc at the pool?????????????????

still here in glesca
stuarty
a went to the dentist and was told by thursday 4teeth lighter 2 extractions and my plate refitted and the docs thismornin life great when having fun going to all these nice places anne1 hurry back as we need you but tomorrow bob will be in ma hoose eating breakfast whoopee laugh.gif
Catherine
After aw that work ye'v jist goat in the dentist Stuarty ah hope Bob likes mushy peas...sounds as if that's aw ye'll be able tae eat !
Have a great holiday Bob laugh.gif

Well, ahm away tae paint ma front door again, back tae red...Chookie's comin doon next week anna like tae keep her oan her toes an confuse her aboot which hoose is mine laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif No Betty no PC besides pool just lovely little internet cafe that serves lovely cakes coffee and sometimes neville sits and has coffee with brandy while I potter about here for a wee while and its it a nice wee end to my afternoon and then we have a wee walk about then have dinner, pool only 60yds from house and cafe 100yds.and we are still in the lovely sunshine till monday.Thought it might have been you that got the million but alas no. temp still 26
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif getting dozy thought Id posted this in bettys room[sign of ageing]
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif what did i do today up very early went for a dip in pool sat on sun terrace then Seans two friends came and took us out to lunch before they go home tomorrow[nice lads] and we went to and old village and restuarant which served proper spanish type food which neville liked I stuck to salad steak and magnifecent ice cream had a little walk round came back had another dip in pool then wee walk here maybe boring but very enjoyable to us.
Java
Our telly finally gave up the ghost at the weekend. By Monday, Mr. Java has a new wan ordered, will be ready for collection Wednesday. It’s the fastest ah’ve seen him make a decision in years, but he swears the football has nothing tae do wi it. Anyways, phones this morning tae make sure telly is there before we set off, tae Newcastle of all places…

“Wey aye Mrs. Java, ah’m sittin here lookin arit as we speak”…

Ah don’t know if ye’ve ever been in Newcastle drivin…they have a wonderful traffic system…all roads take ye intae the town centre and then they jist hit ye wi big signs sayin ‘no car lane’…so ah presume some great big hand is supposed tae jist come oot the sky and lift ye up and put ye somewhere else, but it didny for us, so forty six traffic violations later, we finally get tae John Lewis.

Every telly in the place is the size of a wee hoose, so ah’m a bit concerned at exactly whit Mr. Java has agreed tae…however…
“Here ye are Mr. Java, lovely new telly”
“It is indeed, but it’s not the one we ordered”
“It must be…”
“It isn’t!”
“Well ah’ll joost call wor manager – he’ll sort yas oot”

The ‘manager’ is six if he’s a day…..awfy sorry blah blah, don’t know how this could happen, blah blah…sure we can sort something oot…..bein six, he clearly disny realise that when ye’ve already gone through yer weans grow up, the UN's clamourin for yer negotiatin skills…so wi’ two hundred pounds off the price and a boxa dvd’s for wur inconvenience, we leave wi temporary telly and delivery promised for Friday….laugh.gif
stuarty
oh java if you fell in the doo doo you would cum up smellin o roses lucky thing

my dentist cancelled on me today so a have got to go in saturday at 11am so am still half gumsey biggrin.gif laugh.gif
toerag
Here's whit I did the day, had a wee visitor biggrin.gif we had a rerr day, al least I know ah did!
jakka13
Lucky you toerag .She's a wee smasher .I cleaned the inside of the boat and cut back some plants today .The boat will come out tomorrow and I'll do the outside then .
toerag
Hi Jakka, ye've had great weather for getting all your chores done, not be long now till you are back in the city sad.gif
wee mags
what a wee smasher , wub.gif I bet you are enjoying her ,loved her wee smile ,was that for Nana ,Granma,Granny? , or what ever they call you
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif Hi Toerag what a smasher, she is absolutely gorgeous enjoy pal enjoy
Heather
Got my Flu Jab this morning, then headed into town and picked up some Holiday Brochure's. Hope to go away for a few weeks soon, somewhere nice and warm.

Going to the Vigil Mass tonight, then hubby is taken me out for a meal and a wee drink. smile.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Heather that sounds like a smashin way tae spend yir day and night,,enjoy hen. aha jist came infae the gym and its bucketin oot,, huge bangs of thunder aha thought that somebiddy wiz droapin the weights on the floor but naw it wiz the thunder,,aha might go get mah hair cut bit ah've no decided yet,,,,, smile.gif
murn
Going on a wee drive around. Lookin round for a wee plot of land tae build on.
Heather stay away fae the mint cream the night, it disna agree wae you. An take they rollers oot or put yer scarf over them tongue.gif
Heather
Lass, you had me looking out the window to see if it was raining. laugh.gif

It's nice and dry here today and warmer than it has been the past few days.

Better take a big brolly with you, or your new hair do will get washed out. sad.gif
murn
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 6th Oct 2007, 10:55 AM) *
Heather that sounds like a smashin way tae spend yir day and night,,enjoy hen. aha jist came infae the gym and its bucketin oot,, huge bangs of thunder aha thought that somebiddy wiz droapin the weights on the floor but naw it wiz the thunder,,aha might go get mah hair cut bit ah've no decided yet,,,,, smile.gif

it wisna thunder GL, ma toes will never be the same sad.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif well a went to bingo should have stayed at home would have saved money still a will go and see whit heathers up to [probably the baileys again]
Heather
You slipped in there Murn. You too Anne.

I forgot all about the Mint Cream. Might try it tonight.

I don't wear scarfs, just a hat like Mrs Mac. laugh.gif I got put off scarfs when a Teacher told a girl in my class, " take that duster off your head, we only wear hats in this school ", and we were still in the playground. laugh.gif

Murn, are you building a new house ??????????
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif Aye Heather she's building aha dug hoose,,,,,,ferr you know who.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye Anne better luck next time hen,,,diz that help ataw,,, tongue.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif will take more than luck to let me win
glasgow lass
Anne next time yi go take yir lucky charm waeyi,,,,Mr Luck Neve,,, wub.gif
penny dainty
went to work , came home and made a peppermint slice , an apple bakewell and a pot of chicken soup, anyone coming over for tea? biggrin.gif
Java
Never mind the tea, jist get me straight tae the apple bakewell....biggrin.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif after ive been at penny daintys I am going to falkirk to buy birthday presents for 3 g/kids got to get them early cause they are going to england should be fun present for g/son easy next two for 9yr old and 11yr ild should be a nightmare as both are so fashion concious and I always buy them clothes[I like it really] just telling you what am doing the day
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif after ive been at penny daintys I am going to falkirk to buy birthday presents for 3 g/kids got to get them early cause they are going to england should be fun present for g/son easy next two for 9yr old and 11yr ild should be a nightmare as both are so fashion concious and I always buy them clothes[I like it really] just telling you what am doing the day
stratson
Today I would dearly like to go up to garden again, alas, have not recovered from yesterday's stint.Have to get flu jab too, will play it by ear. P.D. Don't want your cake or soup, am sure is lovely>>>Some of your energy please! biggrin.gif
Java
Ah'll have Stratson's share of the cake fank yew...biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye got the burd in the oven noo should be cooked aboot five,,,set the table last nite ferr the gang the day and mah mother makes the best cakes so she'll bring the desert,,,,,and Ive got everything else, aha hope they aw bring a big apatite as there is lots of nice food tae be eaten here on this lovely thanksgiving day, have a great day all were ever yi may be,,,Lass wub.gif
Java
GL could ye jist ask yer mammy tae make a wee detour please, ah'll no keep her long...biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Aye Java she would most definatly stop at yir hoose hen as she's a good wee soul.. bit she's already left tongue.gif ,,,but ah'll save yi a nice plate so yi cin come the morrah ferr left overs, or aha'll shove another burd in the oven jist ferr you Java wub.gif
Java
Oh it wis yer mammy's contribution ah wis wantin hen...jist tae taste test it, ye understand...canny have ye bein disapointit.....laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Aye Java,,, in that case I'll send yi a dogy bag,,mah mammy'll drop it aff at yirr hoose oan her way back hame as aha goat her a roond trip ticket lets no firget noo she's here ferr a good time no a long time ,,, tongue.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Well I didn't do anything exciting today. I spent the afternoon washing the windows and the frames. Also washed some glass ornaments, vases etc.

I spent the rest of the day watching a DVD. Series 3 of Soldier, Soldier.

While watching the DVD, I finished off an Aran cardigan for our 6yrs old g'daughter and started knitting another one for her sister. The cardigans are both Red, so I told them they can choose the buttons themselves. smile.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif well today Im going to do things I was going to do yesterday my plans came unstuck yesterday.Firstly comp was playing up couldnt get in or out of mail then wee neighbour next door wasnt well so sat with her till her daughter came then top it all some old neighbours came to visit so all plans were kaput. Hopefully of to falkirk today to buy birthday pressies
Java
Have ye warned the good folk of Falkirk? laugh.gif
keelie gal
laugh.gif laugh.gif well anne i hope ye have a lovely day out in falkirk and ye bag some good wee bargains
betty2
Today my plams were going into the city, but not a nice day so will stay home and catch up wae the ironing Not exciting but necessary tongue.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
well its overcast here the day, but am no complaning after all the humidity we have had I welcome it ,but the day will brighten up as my Grandaughter is coming over and we will take her out to lunch
nothing fancy but she likes when we take her out ,
then we will pick up Andrew at his day care ,he goes there three times a wekk ,my daughter and her hubby think its too much for me everyday, sad.gif makes me feel old, but at times he is a handful ,he is at the age where he is into everything
Marion Niven Dougan
It is going into the 90's today, here in the good old USA. Doing laundry ( we do not hang out laundry here) Dryer is a neccessity not a luxury here. Bob is in Alabama on business until Friday evening. The kids are picking me up at 6:30 and taking me for dinner, an mibbee, jit mibbee a wee gless o red biddy wub.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif enjoy marion enjoy the red biddy
penny dainty
Getting packed up to go away to the caravan for a few days
RonD
Hello Marion: When you say that dryer is a necessity, do you mean you can't hang out a wash, as in not allowed by a city bylaw? Here in Ontario, the provincial governement is going on about saving electricty in every heat spell and turn up your air conditioning and not to do laundry at peak hours etc. However, the ludricous thing is that in towns and city is a by law that you are not allowed to hang out a wash because of estetics (sp?) It really makes you wonder?
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif well im not making to many plans for today as last two days have all backfired, so taking it easy my daughter is coming from ullapool for a few days s o that will be nice and we are going to see about getting a car as after report from garage on M>O>T was not good so needs must , so folks thats me for today
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.