Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fortune Teller Indoor Market Argyle Street
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Misc Boards > Questions about Glasgow
Pages: 1, 2
Laura Bell
I used to live in Glasgow and on Argyle Street between River Island and Tesco Metro there was an indoor market upstairs. A lovely fortune teller worked there. I can't remember her name but am visiting Glasgow and would love to see her again but the market no longer exists there. Does anyone know where the market moved to?
james Haining
The fortune teller whose name i believe is Christine is now at the Savoy centre in Sauchiehall street i have been told.
LouLou
Hi

I'm not sure what her actual name was but she went by the name of Kizzy/Kissier. I have been to see her many times and thought she was quit good - did you manage to find where she has moved on to as I would like to see her again?

Thanks
judith
Yes, she was brilliant! I heard she went to someahere at the Trongate, but I can't find her. I think the lady in the Savoy Centre is her sister?
loulou
Yeah I heard that her sister was in Savoy Centre - just read another post that says kizzy is in top floor of savoy now. I think I will pay her a visit soon!
teens
QUOTE (LouLou @ 29th Sep 2007, 07:33 PM) *
Hi

I'm not sure what her actual name was but she went by the name of Kizzy/Kissier. I have been to see her many times and thought she was quit good - did you manage to find where she has moved on to as I would like to see her again?

Thanks

Yes she was fantastic - I would also like to visit her again. She did tell me she lived in Blantyre - Someone also said she was now in the Buchanan Galleries, however i've not had a change to go look. Keep searching!
Guest Gillian *
kizzy is now up sauchiehall street, in the savoy or summat shoppin centre, top floor across from fire place shop. she is fantastic
nic
Is Kizzy still in the Savoy centre? She was fantastic in the Argyle market & desperate to
see her again.
Isobel
Gosh i wish I had known about her when I was there last summer. Would I have to make an appointment with her for my next visit. Or is it just a walk in deal, and how much does she charge??? Thanks
Guest Marita *
QUOTE (Isobel @ 29th Jan 2008, 05:37pm) *
Gosh i wish I had known about her when I was there last summer. Would I have to make an appointment with her for my next visit. Or is it just a walk in deal, and how much does she charge??? Thanks

You cant`t make appoiment ,20
Guest Marita *
She is charming ,but is She good fortune teller? I have been there first time a year ago and nothink happen,from this thinks what She said
laspezia
QUOTE (Laura Bell @ 16th Aug 2007, 04:37pm) *
I used to live in Glasgow and on Argyle Street between River Island and Tesco Metro there was an indoor market upstairs. A lovely fortune teller worked there. I can't remember her name but am visiting Glasgow and would love to see her again but the market no longer exists there. Does anyone know where the market moved to?

the womans name was Kizzi i dont no where she moved to but her daughtes in the savoy centre near dunns store
Guest ann *
Hi,

The Lady is definatley in the savoy centre.

It was her Mum who was there originally but her mum doesnt keep to well and Kizzy has taken over. she is up the stairs opposite the fire place store.

Hope this helps!
Victoria
Yes Kizzy is definetly still in the Savoy Centre, she's on the top floor across from the curtan shop. I went to her last week and she was amazing and she only charges 20! The only thing is that you have to get there early, for about 9am as she is always busy and can only take so many people per day so you can get turned away if you get there too late.
spud
kizzy the fortune teller who is now at the savoy centre insauchiehall street, can anyone please tell me if it is possible to talk to this lady on the telephone and if what is her number
*Janette*
I have been lookin for her for ages I went to her a few yers ago and evrything she has told me has came true.Need to go back and see her shewas brilliant.
*Neil*
http://soulmerlin.com/almanack/wp-content/...7/06/maura2.jpg

This has the ladys number on it;)
kel
yes she is now on th top floor of the savoy centre just round from the arcade
i thought she was amazin!!! ohmy.gif and a lovely lady to wink.gif
*annie*
no you cant talk to her on the phone !!
i saw her last year she wasnt bad but had to ask me a lot of questions ???

she didnt tell me much about me or my family she just said she had my gran with her couldnt tell me how my gran or my brother in law died or the fact i had 2 kids
i wouldnt go back to her again !!
she costs 15 for basic reading and 20 if u want a detailed reading
hope this helps

LollyP
Does anyone know when you have to be at the Savoy Centre in the morning to make sure you get a chance to see Kizzy the fortune teller at? When does Savoy Centre open?
30sharon
i went and seen kizzy today she was great she got things to a t i was in with her for about 50mins and would deff go back and see her again the best time to get there is about 8am she is normally full by about 9:15 or 9:30 i cant belive the things she told me i came out feeling good ive told all my friends about her a very nice lady
30sharon
QUOTE (*Neil* @ 15th May 2009, 01:20am) *

this is not the same lady there is 2 in the savoy this lady is down the stairs kizzy is up the stairs
*Janette*
Kizzy is in the savoy centre top floor.Went to her on monday she rememberd me from the last time hewhich must have been about 4yrs ago everything she told me then came true see wot happens this time.She now 25 but worth every penny will be back to see her soon.
amanda
hey i was same as ever1 here, had went to see kizzer around 6 years ago in the argle arcade, and when she moved didnt no where to, so thro word mouth herd shes gone to trongate her sis in savoy center, anyways decided to go see, and yeah theres 2 fortune tellers the 1 who is pants downstair, dnt no how she gets way with it, but kizzer up stair in savoy, and so glad got to see her again, only today got my reading, 1st time didnt belive as that was my 1st time getting fortune told and things at that time were so far fetched, but in end were true, so went today and hey, AMAZIMG
she is fantastic biggrin.gif
*louise*
Hey kizzy at the savoy centre is recommended defo !!! I went t see her last month and she was accurate biggrin.gif 100% fortune teller biggrin.gif good luck xxx
proudmaryhiller
QUOTE (*louise* @ 28th Jul 2010, 11:20pm) *
Hey kizzy at the savoy centre is recommended defo !!! I went t see her last month and she was accurate biggrin.gif 100% fortune teller biggrin.gif good luck xxx

Hi I was in the Savoy Centre yesterday, whereabouts is she and how much does she charge? don't really believe in fortune tellers but would like to see what she has to say!
benny
Ah can tell ye whit she's no gonnae say - "A fool and his money are soon parted." biggrin.gif
TeeHeeHee
Well, she won't say it out loud. laugh.gif
*louise*
hi i didnt believe in them till i went to see kizzy biggrin.gif she charges 25 for an hour and a half biggrin.gif which isnt too bad and she is a lovely woman ( mind blowing ) xxx good luck
llllllllllllllll
What is Kizzy the fortune tellers number? ohmy.gif
NAZ
QUOTE (benny @ 31st Jul 2010, 10:22pm) *
Ah can tell ye whit she's no gonnae say - "A fool and his money are soon parted." biggrin.gif

THATS ONE REAL FACT. I HOPE PPL REALISE. LOVE UR COMMENTS MATE.
margaret mcmillan
QUOTE (Laura Bell @ 16th Aug 2007, 05:40pm) *

I know who you are talking about i went there for about 30 years and like you i discovered she left but i found out by someone she went to the SAVOY CENTRE IN SAUTHIEHALL ST HER NAME IS CHANGED TO KIZZE
DavieBoy
When you enter her wee tent, does she greet you with the words "Hello there, a've been expectin you!" wink.gif
Lennox
QUOTE (DavieBoy @ 24th Aug 2010, 03:48pm) *
When you enter her wee tent, does she greet you with the words "Hello there, a've been expectin you!" wink.gif

laugh.gif davyboy welcome back where have you been ???
tracymac123
i just seen this krissy at the savoy centre upstairs. just went there by chance and got in as someone walk away to get some juice and food as she had been there since 9am. i was there at 4. people wait at 7 in the morning through the week. this girl came back after 45 mins so i got her place as its says in black and white if your away for 30 mins you lose your place. she doesnt go by time as the first girl she seen was in for 1 hour 40 mins so she definly work the money. she does ask alot of questions but she told me alot of things that were true. about the future i just have to wait and see but for the time given to you she definly work it. couldnt believe people queue up since 8 that morning so thats says it all. there was people from all over the place that came to see her.make sure you get krissy as there other one that do tarot that are no good i heard. just make sure you dont walk away from your place or you lose out. its first come serve so if you first in the queue you get seen first.
lou
QUOTE (margaret mcmillan @ 22nd Aug 2010, 10:13am) *
I know who you are talking about i went there for about 30 years and like you i discovered she left but i found out by someone she went to the SAVOY CENTRE IN SAUTHIEHALL ST HER NAME IS CHANGED TO KIZZE

Shes just spot on !! i have been twice biggrin.gif xxx
*Jinty*
Does anyone know what days Kizzie works? Not been to her in a few years and would really liek to go back and see what shes saying. Shes always been spot on.
*louise*
QUOTE (*Jinty* @ 20th Sep 2010, 10:11pm) *
Does anyone know what days Kizzie works? Not been to her in a few years and would really liek to go back and see what shes saying. Shes always been spot on.

She works mon-sat and shes in the top floor at the savoy centre. biggrin.gif
*shaz*
hey how can u queue at 7amor 8am in the morning if the shop doesnt open till 9am? x
*fiona*
hey u have to wait outside at the shutters smile.gif x
m
QUOTE (*Janette* @ 10th May 2009, 07:25pm) *
I have been lookin for her for ages I went to her a few yers ago and evrything she has told me has came true.Need to go back and see her shewas brilliant.

m
Kizzy doesnt have a number-its first come first served.
This lady id brilliant,i saw her last wed and she blew me away.x
SusanQ
Perhaps, if you are interested one month ago I had a tarot reading in Glasgow with Manuela at Sloan's market.
I was very happy with the reading, so accurate in all details that I thought she was reading my mind instead of the tarot !!! Spot on! :D
Her stall is on the left after the arcade in Argyle street.
Sloan's market it's a lovely market in Argyle street every week end all year around. Very nice stalls, clean and tidy. Very busy.

Manuela gives you the best tarot reading in Glasgow. ;)
Lovely person.
Di
Hi

I was aondering if anyone knows whether Kizzy is still at the Savoy Centre?

Seen her a few years back in the Argyle Market and thought she was brilliant and was hoping to visit her again.

Thanks

*John*
I went to see kizzy a few years ago and was very disappointed. First she said my mum liked a drink. My mum was tee total. Then she said my mum and dad need to stop arguing or they will get a divorce. My dad has been dead for 15years. Then she said my mum is proud of me and that we will go a holiday together or a short break somewhere warm. My mum passed away last year. This was my first and definitely my last time I'll go. Save your money people.
someone
Quite disappointed, didn't think it was worth the really early rise. got some stuff right and some not so right. asked a lot of questions. 30 for an hour is not bad though
Fortune tellers have been feeding on the gullible since before history. As my old man said about psychic racing tipsters who stood at the gates of all racing establishment throught the U.K. "If they knew which horse was going to win they wouldn't be there. Penn and Teller on a T.V. show took the cream of American "seers" and asked them to sumerise their reading on a range of options. No two of them were in agreement and none of them were in any way shape or form close to what they were psychiking on about. There are people who make fortunes out of whack jobs who want to believe that some one they have never met can know what is going to happen in their future. Last I heard the telephone psychic hotlines in Australia grossed around $40million per annum.
DavidT
QUOTE (Guest @ 11th Mar 2014, 07:28pm) *
Fortune tellers have been feeding on the gullible since before history. As my old man said about psychic racing tipsters who stood at the gates of all racing establishment throught the U.K. "If they knew which horse was going to win they wouldn't be there. Penn and Teller on a T.V. show took the cream of American "seers" and asked them to sumerise their reading on a range of options. No two of them were in agreement and none of them were in any way shape or form close to what they were psychiking on about. There are people who make fortunes out of whack jobs who want to believe that some one they have never met can know what is going to happen in their future. Last I heard the telephone psychic hotlines in Australia grossed around $40million per annum.

I knew you were going to say that laugh.gif
Beau Guest
QUOTE (DavidT @ 11th Mar 2014, 08:22pm) *
I knew you were going to say that laugh.gif

Right!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.