Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swapping Scraps
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Childrens' Comics/Games/Toys
Pages: 1, 2
penny dainty
I posted some photos of some of my old scraps in the gallery , I dont know how to put a photo in to a particular topic.
mrssnuffy
Can you believe I just gave my 25 year old niece my old sweetie box full of scraps, some which belonged to my Mum from the 1900s? She was fascinated with them.
glasgow lass
QUOTE (mrssnuffy @ 12th Feb 2010, 02:14pm) *
Can you believe I just gave my 25 year old niece my old sweetie box full of scraps, some which belonged to my Mum from the 1900s? She was fascinated with them.

FANTASTIC ! that you have passed the scraps on for another to enjoy. biggrin.gif
eyebright
There was wee ones to them Java and middle size ones if I remember rightly. So a set would be all three.
mairead
Well that brought back some happy memories, even sitting on the cauld stairs swapping.
Simple pleasures right enough. Some of the newer ones I don't remember but the cherubs on the clouds were some of my favourites. They go back nearly 70years I would think 'cos it's that long since I was a wee lassie.
CAT
See Mairead there's so much more to the GG boards than the political debate. Have fun exploring all the topics and memories. I love it biggrin.gif
ktv
my 3 big sisters had literally millions of these and till this day I still find them in the pages of books in my mums house lol

seen the wee baby on the cloud thing only the other week there.
mairead
Oh I'll get around Cat. Just takes me a wee bitae time to master a new board. I live in an isolated area so love to chat on forums. thumbup.gif
Billy Boil
QUOTE (Isobel @ 20th Dec 2007, 08:52pm) *
Sorry to say I dont have any scraps. They used to be such a big part on my childhood. Dont know what ever happened to my collection.Many a happy hour was spent on the stair head swapping scraps. Two or three of us would gather in the close and how happy we were then, such simple pleasures.

There has been a large revival of "Scrapbooking" here in Australia. I am aware of this because my wife is into all sorts of traditional arts and crafts, decorative sewing, jewellery making and teaching these skills to others. There are many and varied "traditional crafts" available in our not so small country town.

Incidentally my wife is from a much smaller Canadian country town where in the time of her child hood traditional crafts were what they lived by. We lived and worked most of our lives in Melbourne and although it is a wonderful city there was not the diversity of interests that occur in the country. Then again in the city the distractions are many.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.