Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: English Rose
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Marion Niven Dougan
On my wee roam around the Country, an we notice this lovely B& B called the English Rose. Whit a lovely wee place, an run by a Lady fae Glesga, her name is Linda. She has been doon south fur years, still misses Glesga bit her B& B has loads o Scottish visitors. She diz the best Scottish brekkie av ever hud. An the price is great, a rerr bargain. So a know you gals dae yer wee joints all over, please drop in, as Linda seves High Tea as well,
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif marion ,,,sounds like mah kind of place,,aha love a rainy night in a wee hoose like that wae a big blazer going and good cheer all around,,jist whit i kneed on a damp night like this, keep the fire burning.
glasgow lass
and,,,,,,,,,its also whit aha need biggrin.gif laugh.gif
andypisces
Marion my own true love, where is this place.....andra
angel
Don't tell Kaneman.... cool.gif
glasgow lass
rolleyes.gif well its time furr me tae jump intae this big high and comfy bed , have the atic room for the night,linda lit the fire as its still chilly in the English countryside this time of year but also very romantic,,,too bad ahm aw by mahself,,,its to be sunny and warm the mora so i'll go furr a nice walk in the meadow and pick linda some flowers furr the breakfast table,,that should cheer her up and keep her gawn till mah next visit,,,sweet dreams tae me tongue.gif
lindamac
sleep tight precious Glasgow lass witt a thoughtfull thing fur ye tae dae fur linda huv a rer sleep doll. smile.gif
stuarty
oh my god what is this ma own bed and breakfast oh what a belated present indeed and this is a surpise and shock and as this establishment is now mine thankyou to all whom got their heads together and thought of this wee b and b i thankyou all from all my heart and the english rose BandB has got some picturesque veiws from its window look out take a picture post it and if you want to put a funny pic up post it and if you wand to be quiet we have a hush room and if you want to schreem go outside the b and b and schreem as loud as you can if you want to go to places of interest a shall do mi best to find a picture of what ever you want within guidelines of course this is a picture friendly b and be as u all know a suppose penny dainty and lindamac and geeza and marion and all that want to have fun this is it oh who ordered breakfast was it glasgow lass was she my first overnight guest and one bucksfizz brekky with full scottish/english english you wont get black puddin or tattie scones ha ha ha and a do a nice pack lunch for the hill walkers and the peeps that want to go to visit places without paying a fortune on food a wee pack lunch is only cyber money so wellcome all the doors of the english rose bed and breakfast is now officichally OPEN wub.gif
Isobel
Great idea Marion. Stuarty i'm thinking if you could book me in for a couple of days next week. A really need the rest.
stratson
Can I have half board Linda please, for three nights, say Mon-Thurs. Is exactly what the doctor ordered. Sounds very welcoming! biggrin.gif
stuarty
oh ok ladies we have the 4poster bedroom or the massage bed or the help you get up in the morning bed and the maid will help if you have speshullll needs with anything ask a cant always promise a can git for you but a shall try my hardest this establisment aims to please we are never full as its a cyber cbed and brekkie it goes on adinfanitum tee hee laugh.gif pets allowed in the pet owners wing ans for those that want a but of comfort we ave a wee yorkie called trudy she can be the residental pat a pet and the pets and petowners wing is very plush the animals have their own wee room disinfected for helth reasons and foot and mouth better to be safe than sorry eh you never know no animal shall be turned away but the onus is on you to control it thank you java big grrn ogres pals welcome ie laugh.gif red dragondonkeykiddies
Java
Kin ah bring ma goldfish?
glasgow lass
laugh.gif good morning linda i had the best rest ever in the big bed and lovely quiet room,,,such a change fae mah noisy place in the city,,breakfast as i heard wiz jist the best and very elegant i must say,,,,i think this wee b/b will bring the best oot in us as and its jist whit wee needed furr us all to come together far away fae the worries of life,,,must go now , i dont like saying goodby so its see yi later gater,,,hope yi liked mah flowers,,wild flowers are jist lovely i think,,, smile.gif
Anne1
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif keep a couple of nights for nev & me linda could do with lovely breakfast but no back till late monday night will phone to confirm booking mrs wumin
Marion Niven Dougan
Oh Andra my love. How are you??? Fancy a wee night in Lindas B&B.??
As some of you may rememeb Andra stood me up oan oor wedding day, bit life goes oan an we jist huv tae forget these things.
Andra we will meet for high tea, then whitever happens happens.........
Heather
Stuarty I like your house and your nice garden to sit in.

Any chance of a wee cup of tea and a cream scone???
Just bring it out here.

Gemini
my my whit a lovely place here and that gairden jist looks fab, do you huv ony rooms left ah need wan juist fur the night, tho wi the view an awe maybe ah cin stretch intae two or three if ah cin
witshisname
May i have the wee room at the back for 3 nights please,i hear it has a spectacular view.And can i have Kippers for brekkie please smile.gif
Java
Kin ah bring ma wee goldfish and wee budgie?
stuarty
oh kippers for brekky bob the mora will put up a pic of them in the mornin and heather flowers are great cany some of you find pics of what kind of room you want and post it up as it will be a real home rom home healther one megga cream tea for the nice garden on the house laugh.gif
stuarty
noo if your sure its a budgie and no this monstrosity and the fish can go in the holiday pond ok and make new pals its ok they get chipped and pined in and out so you canny run away and leave them ok java doll laugh.gif
angel
I'm comming for a visit one of these days stuarty, everything just looks wonderful.. tongue.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 8th Aug 2007, 04:08 PM) *
I'm comming for a visit one of these days stuarty, everything just looks wonderful.. tongue.gif

I've changed my avatar, got fed up looking at the other one.....
Heather
Oh yummy yum, I'll have that it looks so tasty.

The last time I had a nice cream tea like that was in a restaurant in Edinburgh last year.
stuarty
oh sorry heather a wrote healther sorry ha ha am such a doughnut lol laugh.gif gemini the nice room at the sea view at the back see here we can have everything ha ha b and b on sea lol
Java
Erm...budgie's a hamster, but ah've awreddy got a hamster called hamster, but he's no comin, he's spendin the night at hees nana's....kin ah book the sweet suite...fank yew..
stuarty
a sweete suite comin up laugh.gif this is the ouside door so just imagine whats inside oh boy dark choc and hersheys kisses and all your sweeties you love laugh.gif
Java
Awwww....the game's a bogey...sumdys ett the doorhaunle....
baskabar
Can i bring my goat and my donkey
jaybee
QUOTE (stuarty @ 8th Aug 2007, 05:35 PM) *
oh sorry heather a wrote healther sorry ha ha am such a doughnut lol laugh.gif gemini the nice room at the sea view at the back see here we can have everything ha ha b and b on sea lol

Yer double booked already Stuarty..... Bob booked the wee room at the back for three nights. Hope you've got a garden shed for the overspill....lol, Jaybee
stuarty
aye jaybee a can fit them aww in the more the merrier a have lots of back rooms that was the wee house that you seen heares mine when h a kiddon am in olden times hever castle bob and i went there it is so good for kids and if you love gardens spring summer and autum is fantastic so hows this for a b and b kiddyon like laugh.gif angel a love the pic aslong as you dont sckunk yore spray when u come to visit ok hen
glasgow lass
nice shed hen laugh.gif
stuarty
aye top of the range quality man pure quality rolleyes.gif wub.gif
Heather
Jaybee, Stuarty has one of those big 'Bell Tents ' in the back garden and she puts the overspill in there. laugh.gif
stuarty
a have every accomadation to say one b and b fits all walks of life what ever you want you can have it as long as its legal laugh.gif
stratson
Ye huvnae confirmed ma reservation stuarty! Please advise? biggrin.gif
Java
Please advise me tae Miss Stuarty...ma hamster's ate the pillas....
keelie gal
its alright java ye kin have a few on mine wink.gif got a couple of spare feather wans going here dead luffly n saft
witshisname
D'yes see that wee windae facing the Maze i bags that wan,if it was good fer auld Henry then it's good enuff fer me laugh.gif
stuarty
oh stratson room confirmed and a lazyboy chair and a reclining bed installed a personal maid also if you want woas its in the price freshair money also java if the hampster has eaten the pillows you must have seeked in withoot bookin oops ////////////was that a wee slip up hen no matter we have huggy pillows softy pillows and keelies eiderdown pillows top of the range pure quality as in ritz style without the prices and sweetie pillows made of marshmallow no wonder hampster the budgie is eatin the pillows and a dont think he will be happy if your sleepin on his relations eiderdown pillows a fink you better give keelie hers back hen as you have magic pillows if the budgie called hampster or is it hampster called budgie am aww piggin confused noo a think this is anothe seinour moment aww black magic choccies here ogre a know you like them and the sweetie room is occupied by the ogre and her fish is in the pond and is anybody any complaints and keelie if you dont want bed and breakfast no more we can say the ensuite and alacarte hotel just so you dont feel you have downgraded to b and b as a told everyone nothing is too much bother for one and all oh there is a barn dance tomorrow night if you like if you dont thats a shame doe see doe heal to off we go yeeha
angel
Stuarty I like the big house ok, but the wee wan is just lovely
and I promise that there will be nae skunky business, Honest."...... rolleyes.gif
stuarty
ok angel a have kippers to make and god knows howmany scottish breakfast but a can do it am efficiant self efficiant lol laugh.gif
angel
aye yi will need merr staff stuarty, every wan will start complaining
the public are a fickle bunch so they ur, so I'll jist hiv toast an marmalade
PLease........
penny dainty
Kippers oh a jist love kippers, was going away in the caravan this weekend , but if Stuarty's got kippers on the menu I'm goin tae the B an B smile.gif
Avril
Whit a lovely idea Marion biggrin.gif Thanks fur tellin' us aboot it.......ah hud nae idea Stuarty ran a B&B. Ah like tae get away fae it all, an relax surrouned by the beautiful colours of an English country garden, wi' nothin' but the sound o' the birds singin' an' talkin' tae each other.......ah cin let ma imagination run wild an' get great inspiration fur writin' ma next book. Cin ye book me in fur the furst two weeks in September please? rolleyes.gif
lindamac
laugh.gif This is jist the ticket for ye Stuarty darl well if ye dinny mind ad like tae book in for a few days but canny remember how many so could ye pit me in the memory room with a memory pillow for sleeping in and a wee minnie couch for ma ither wee dugg Ashy the blueheeler cross? if a remember tae check in will ye remind me witt time & day it is hahaha mibees al need a wee reminder brekki call tae.cheers tae the best o memories for awe eh. wub.gif cin ye make sure theres phoatys of Glesga in the room annawe tae mind me of ma auld hame tae?
jaybee
QUOTE (Heather @ 8th Aug 2007, 08:51 PM) *
Jaybee, Stuarty has one of those big 'Bell Tents ' in the back garden and she puts the overspill in there. laugh.gif

Well Heather, I sure hope she is not charging the same price for a tent as she is for a room... och, okay then, I suppose her fab breakfast makes up for the tent. lol
stuarty
ok nowthats sort the bookings out linda mac booked for memory room a must remember the memory pillow and a ms gorgia wants 2weeks in sptember in the writers room that is confirmed oh glasgowlass is wanting a breakfast she an caravan outside in the wee front garden heathers garden and front house as its a nice spot as you get to say hello to all that visit oh and breafast nearly finnished but bob wants his kippers when he gets up so they are waiting for him ok sorted oh jaybee no payment its fresh air money so its as mich as you weant to pay for it ok if you want to pay a penny or a million punds its ok as it no the money its a wee break from the real world so dream all you wish for and more its here laugh.gif one pair of kippers oh this is a selection of fish forbreakfast smocked haddock or the kipper breakfast with scrambled eggs and just traditional loch fyne kippers enjoy
Gemini
oh I will have the kipper brekkie please long time since I had kippers looking scrumptious they are, heather there's an xtra bed in my room if you want to bunk there, providing miss Stuarty lets you, we cin probably save a few bob that way
stuarty
oh keelie a bought these carmel blossoms off the sales person as a noticed you were asking for them in the tearoom so heres apicture of them for you and i shall get the suppier to supply the tearoom also nothing is too much trouble for our vip guests and everyone is a vip guest so enjoy the carmel blossoms and if you want anyting else a cant promis but i aim to please for everyone on the gg english rose b and b wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.