Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ice Hockey
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Catherine
Jist watchin the game here between the Montreal Canadians and the Toronto Leafs.
Leafs winnin 3-0...we're Habs in here so no thrilled laugh.gif
Big intro initially with aw the wee kids from all walks of life, wee excited faces an feelin aw important.
Game starts and here we go....
Why do the refs stand back and let these fights between players carry on? Two grown men, blood drippin fae noses an throwin punches....hauf an hoor ago it wis big claps fur the weans at the game.
I jist don't get it....dis anyone else?
Isobel
Well Catherine you and I both know thats hockey, dont think it will ever change.Thank god it was daughters I had. Score still 3- 0 For Toronto . Jim grinning from ear to ear. For our friends back home, Montreal and Toronto , its like Celtic and Rangers, rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Hows Jim's grin noo Isobel tongue.gif
Isobel
You bet he is
Catherine
Fifty seconds tae go....wur only doon wan goal....GO HABS GO laugh.gif
Isobel
Am I hearing right Catherine
Catherine
Aye awright....we'll get ye next time laugh.gif
Isobel
Oh don't think so biggrin.gif
Catherine
Watch us.. laugh.gif
Isobel
Dream on unsure.gif
Catherine
Ah'll remind ye of that tongue.gif
jimmyd
Gee!! that wis exciting,even hid a rammy,so can ah take that it that the Habs ,are noo the Hab nots!!
Glad to see that you gals are right intae it ,Noo wid ye believe that, there is an American team,interested in my ex wifes nephew.He is apparently great at the game. biggrin.gif
Isobel
Whats his name Jimmy?
Catherine
Ah think it's Eric Lindross Isobel........{ laugh.gif }
Catherine
Jist oan tae remind ye Isobel....

WE KICKED YOR BU HUTT, WE KICKED YOR BU HUTT laugh.gif

Montreal Canadiens 4 Toronto Maple Leafs 3

HABS RULE!!
Isobel
Its funny Cathrine .I was out last night but when I heard the score ohmy.gif , I thought about you .Hope you enjoy the moment you don't get it very often.Ha Ha. Take care Isobel
Catherine
Hows thae grapes therr Isobel, wee bit soor hen ?? Och moan ower an hae some a mine, starrrrraight fae heaven.
Only three points ahint ye, be afraid...be verrrry afraid!! laugh.gif

{Watch it aw go wrang noo}
Isobel
Am shaking Catherine biggrin.gif You just never know with the Leafs.
Scotia69
Ladies .... Ladies, it's only a game, dinnae fash yerselves. The game wae the oval ball is best, thats ruby to you biggrin.gif
jimmyd
Oh Kate !!!,ah could fer go ma mile wi that wan,lets jist say this .That Ruby sure dis hiv a terrible affliction. biggrin.gif
Marg
I have tickets to the World Women's Hockey game tomorrow night Finland vs Japan but I'm not interested in going won the tickets, oh what shall I do ? ohmy.gif
Isobel
Hey Marg, if you pay ma fare il come and take them off your hands
leeninaus
OMG Marg, you had free tickets to a great ice hockey game & you didn't go ???? I live in the land of Heat & Sweat ( perspiration to us ladies) and I love to watch a good ice hockey game whether it's male, female, or my friend's kids ( lots of videos) in Saskatchewan !!
Marg
The games tonight gave the tickets to my brother so he could take his little one that plays hockey, I'll go at this weekend or next to see the grandkids play both are in tournments in Halifax these weekends ......... that the best I'll do for hockey.
Melody
What colours do the HABS wear and what colours do the LEAFS wear, Catherine why do you all support the HABS if they are from Montreal? huh.gif I might wait two weeks fur an answer here, just like the baseball question!!
Marg
Melody The Maple Leafs are blue and white the Habs red and white I sent you pictures. smile.gif Today I was watching my granddaughter play hockey , don't often get that pleasure.
Melody
Thanks Marg, your a star! smile.gif
Catherine
..an the cavalry approached oan in at brekk neck speed here... laugh.gif

Thanks Marg, sorry Melody, didnae see yer question...
Geoff lived in Moanreo' {fonetic french hen} fur years growin up, and he's loved them ever since.
Ah got him his 'HABS SVP' registration for his 40th....which should be interestin wance the playoffs get intae full swing tae see how often he'll drive aboot in Leafs territory...heehawheehawheehaw....{french guffaw}
Isobel
Melody im so glad you asked Catherine that . How could you Catherine? Just think how interssting life would be if you went for the Leafs and Geoff the Habs.My Jim is an English man but that don't make me an english supporter. biggrin.gif
Catherine
Isobel ye should be in here some nights when the neighbours across the road are here...ye'd kill yersel laughin!
There's only us an anither family that are Habs fans oan the street, ye get some laugh ahm tellin ye....Ma boys trot up tae school wae therr wee Habs boabbly hats oan, gorgeous so they are.
Geoff LOVES his registration by the way, likes a bitta controversy...he near fainted wae glee when he opened it...then killed hisel laughin at the thoat a drivin aboot wae it.
We might no win but it keeps aw yous Leafs gaun laugh.gif
Isobel
Thats for sure Catherine. rolleyes.gif
Catherine
YEH YEH YEH...So ye won six nothin....Whit's yer point tongue.gif
Isobel
How about those Canadian women Catherine. Now if the Leafs could just get a hold of some of these players. biggrin.gif
Catherine
Wish us luck the night Isobel...This is IT ...last chance in Dodge !

AND WE DID IT....5-2 LES HABITAA'SSSSSSSSS {Nae luck Sammy tongue.gif }
Isobel
Well they did it Catherine . Now you can keep your fingers crossed for the leafs . rolleyes.gif Would sure love to see them end the series tomorrow night .
Catherine
Ye gettin nervous hen??? laugh.gif
Isobel
Wee bit Catherine, would you know be. Tonights the night . unsure.gif
Catherine
Some game so far Isobel, 1-1 an noo in overtime, ...cripes ahm aw nervous fur ye laugh.gif
Isobel
Poor old Jim ,Came to bed all depressed . Oh well roll on Tuesday .
Catherine
Tonights the night again in here Isobel, must admit ah love the playoffs, last nights game wis brilliant in the overtime, thur legs musta been like rubber at the end of it eh!

Huvin said that, if they could jist keep thae wee rubber legs tae we win the cup that'd be rerr.....GO HABS GO!!!!!.... laugh.gif
hubert
Since I left Canada I hardly pay any attention to hockey, well partly tae the dismal performances over many years of my team the Leafs, haha, anyhoo I believe they play the morra tied at 3 a piece, it would be great if they get through and play the Habs next to gub them like they did back in the start of the 60s, hehe!
Catherine
Aye ....well........the HABS are in fur the next round ya auld grump tongue.gif

We won 2-0 last night against Boston {cheerio wee sammy}....your turn the night Isobel...
wee sammy
CATHERINE you won we lost and i am pissed off next time right
ya buggar ya mad.gif
Catherine
Anytime pal, aaaannnnnytime laugh.gif
Isobel
So how does 4- 1 sound Catherine tongue.gif Bring on the Flyers.
GO LEAFS GO
Catherine
laugh.gif Knew ye'd be thrilled Isobel.
Are aw they players no gettin uglier by the game, poor sowels must be so dehydrated, they're aw beginnin tae huv the sunk in faces.
Another thing ah noticed wis last's nights game hud mare of the fightin in it....which disnae bear well cos Philadelphia like a good scrap an aw dae they no?
Isobel
Should be interesting Catherine , but these Philly guys are real big. My neice who just lives up the road from me has just got one of these new 52 in. tv's. But I jist cant see Jim going up there to watch the game .You see her husband is a Flyers fan. The next couple of weeks should be interseting .You have me that i'm also interested in the Habs.
jimmyd
Wow !! too bad Isobel ,what a game!!!! ah mean what a game!!!,Leafs 3 Fillies 1 ,wis oan the edge o ma seat here,thought ,the chocolate cake guy,Le Clair was brilliant.Was the man of the match for mine.never mind Isobel,the Tic still have a chance in the Scottish Cup so it;s no aw bad news.!!!
rolleyes.gif
Catherine
As ye kin see Isobel...jimmy's oan the puck as usual...ya ejit jimmy...see when somebudy says Toronto's DOON 3-1, it means they goat BEAT 3-1 laugh.gif

John 'the cake' le Clair plays fur Phillie an aw..though he wis a former HABS player {says she pattin the herr an fixshin the lipshtick}....

Don't worry Isobel, wance they huv a wee rest they'll be back, that wis a tough turnaround for the Leafs.
By the way, did ah tell ye Jake's decided to be a Leafs fan....some laugh in here, God love him he's aw chuffed wae hisel.
jimmyd
Ah well being pyschic in aw that I wis channeling through, a Mohawk \Indian chief,so he must have rung the wrang number. Naw the truth wis Isobel,Catherine had wan to many splashes when she gave me the scores biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.