Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Will Be First?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Misc Boards > Jokes
Allan D.Sim
Two Glaswegians owe money. It is not loan sharking, so let's get that out of way first. Person A owes a large sum of cash. Person B owes just under half as much. A will start paying on 19/2/2004. B constantly says " I'll start next week". Next week was June 2003. So, who will clear debt first? A or B? A lives in England, B lives locally. rolleyes.gif I'll inform only on boards, emails will be dumped as spam. If GG is unhappy with "joke" delete at leisure.
Isobel
I say B
Catherine
A..cos B keeps sayin he'll pay next week...which means he'll never pay?
Fearn
"B" he's been saving since last June and earning interest -

"A" can't afford a stamp! tongue.gif
jimmyd
Ah'm wi Catherine, biggrin.gif
Isobel
Oh come on just tell us.
Allan D.Sim
Right,further details are coming. or as someone said just tell us. In my opinion, A will clear up first as B has no intention of paying up. A and B are real people. I don't care how long it takes A to pay, she is family. B was supposed to be friend. Hubby is in well paid employment. His wages would clear B's arrears in two weeks. Thank you for your replies so far, and thanks to GG for allowing me to "vent my anger" at B on here.
wee mags
I have been thinking about this Alan and A think the one who will B first is the wan who pays you first wink.gif
Robbie
So, Allan, has B read this and paid you....lol

Or will it end up being...name and shame??
leeninaus
sounds like an estranged husband & wife thing to me this!! all I can say is, thank God I was brought up never a borrower or lender be!! but I agree with Catherine! cos next week will never come
Allan D.Sim
No, it is not a estranged hubby/wife thing she is happily married. Nor will I name and shame hence A and B. Furthermore she does not know about this "competition". Person A does and she thinks it is hysterical. Anyway, I seen Person B on Wednesday, and finally got a moment to approach about repayment. To save you waiting for next post, here is short extract of chat: You are going to ask about cash? I nodded yes. I can't due to visitor, but I'll definititely pay next week. I checked bank before I came on here, Person A has deposited cash as promised. Stay tuned for next exciting episode laugh.gif !!!
Robbie
OOOOOOOOOH!!!! cannae wait,,,, rolleyes.gif
jimmyd
awww! gies a break Allan,yer family matters are yer ain concern,deal wi it as ye must.Nae need tae air it oot here in public.
Catherine
Och away ye go jimmy....ma nose is hingin oot here...fur wance it's no me laugh.gif
Allan D.Sim
For everyone's benefit, this is not a family disagreement. I am venting my anger at a person who has made no attempt to pay apart from the usual next week statement. Why am I sitting in Internet cafe on Friday night? Because she does not want me near. As soon as I get my cash, I'm out of there. person A owes so much only because I will not see that family member in "dire straits" to use a phrase. If I wanted I would write off A's debt quicker than I could type. I am a very slow two fingered typist! As previously stated, I am glad GG allows me to vent anger on here. If GG seen fit, this entire can be wiped by GG as an when it wants. I am mainly doing this as a joke at B's expense. who else would sit in a separate room when visitors arrive? Ashamed to speak? No, it is a sad old 24hr quiz. Not telly one, an internet one.
Robbie
still nane the wiser.....
Fearn
Well maybe "A" and/or "B" will stand up, 'fess up, pay up or speak up -

I give up! sad.gif
Isobel
ME TO sad.gif
Catherine
Oh well, in the meantime...GO HABS GO laugh.gif
Allan D.Sim
I suppose it's time to kill off this joke. B has no intention of paying so that is that. maryhill is a difficult palce to get cash out of. I nkow, my little brother lived there for a number of years. no more replies are requested, so GG kill or delete everything in this topic and thank you for a great fortnight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.