Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1063 Pages V  « < 796 797 798 799 800 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possilpark
Rating 4 V
elso
post 13th Apr 2012, 06:23pm
Post #11956

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,459
QUOTE (flam @ 13th Apr 2012, 03:14pm) *
Hi Margie I knew a Margaret Thomson from Possilpark,Did you know John Malcolm Bill Bain Bill THomson Tommy Mackie George Butler

Hiv you loost your marbles completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wacko.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
margie
post 13th Apr 2012, 08:12pm
Post #11957

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,901
Hi Flam, Yes I knew all of them. How come I don,t remember you. I see Bill Thomson quite a lot and have spoke to him a few times. Did you go about with them? We used to hang around the social centre in Hamiltonhill. Hope Clydo reads this cause she also knew them. cheers Margie. cool.gif

+Quote Post
flam
post 14th Apr 2012, 10:12am
Post #11958

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
Hi Margie I must apologise for the guy who was typing in the message on my Nom De Plume,what had happened was he could not get his computer working in the library so I told him to use mine, so he wrote all the names of the people he reckoned that you knew,also about Hamiltonhill Community Centre also one of your best friends that had passed away so I told him to now press Add Reply,which he did..but unfortunately I had forgot to Login so all he had typed in was lost, so I logged in and as he was typing the computer told us he had 20 seconds left,so he pushed Add Reply "DO YOU FOLLOW THAT" so since I did not know all the guys and the girl who had passed away that he put on the first post,hopefully he will put them on his self
Margie the reason why you dont know me is because I come from the elite of Sunnylaw St and we would not partake in any of the rumbustious stuff you blue rinsed hairies from the first square got up to
Elso You must have quietened down a lot,in the old days you would have laid out those guys,and for God,s sake give up the dreaded weed
Flim

+Quote Post
elso
post 14th Apr 2012, 10:45am
Post #11959

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,459
QUOTE (flam @ 14th Apr 2012, 10:00am) *
Hi Margie I must apologise for the guy who was typing in the message on my Nom De Plume,what had happened was he could not get his computer working in the library so I told him to use mine, so he wrote all the names of the people he reckoned that you knew,also about Hamiltonhill Community Centre also one of your best friends that had passed away so I told him to now press Add Reply,which he did..but unfortunately I had forgot to Login so all he had typed in was lost, so I logged in and as he was typing the computer told us he had 20 seconds left,so he pushed Add Reply "DO YOU FOLLOW THAT" so since I did not know all the guys and the girl who had passed away that he put on the first post,hopefully he will put them on his self
Margie the reason why you dont know me is because I come from the elite of Sunnylaw St and we would not partake in any of the rumbustious stuff you blue rinsed hairies from the first square got up to
Elso You must have quietened down a lot,in the old days you would have laid out those guys,and for God,s sake give up the dreaded weed
Flim

NO way hiv i quietened down i was in total shock,n the weed i keep trying,but its so fecking hard,just like your heed,where is everyone on the site,iv you frightened tem all off!!!!!!!!!!! wacko.gif

+Quote Post
margie
post 14th Apr 2012, 10:52pm
Post #11960

Mega City Key Holder
Elso Who were yi talkin tae when yi asked---- Hiv yi lost yir marbles? Flam a kin follow yir post ok but am still confused as to who it wiz yi wur talkin tae so a hope he posts soon and pits me oot o ma misery. I presume the best pal he wiz talkin aboot that passed away wiz Agnes Mc Cormick, we were pals for nearly 40yrs. She lived in Borron street and had a twin sister Cathy who sadly also died young. Great girls and I miss them so much. They worked in the white horse whiskey bond.
Well gang as yiz kin awe see a survived the dentist and thats it over fur another 6 months. Wish a could get awe ma teeth capped but canny afford it, a will huv tae tap Sweetpea.
Clydo get yir finger oot and post. cheers Margie. smile.gif

+Quote Post
possilboy
post 15th Apr 2012, 01:02am
Post #11961

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,212
good morning all what a great day over here just made a big pot of soup so that will be tea the night getting ready to watch the rugby league maybe have a few lemonades while watching if you go to the guest book there is a lassie wanting to know if anybody remembers her from allander st during 50s 60s flam you are in trouble again must be the waterover there thumbup.gif elso i am still on the weed as well tried but to no avail the wife has given up for a year so i have to have one outside or in the garage ill have to set up a wee bar and telly out there excl.gif well have to go my mate just arrived whith my side of pork so that will be the freezer full for a while hope you all have a nice night and god bless you all john
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
batesy
post 16th Apr 2012, 11:57am
Post #11962

Unpacking
Member No.: 12,741
QUOTE (GG @ 18th Mar 2007, 04:05am) *
Please post your memories of this Glasgow district here...Possilpark

Were you born here? Did you grow up here?
Did you visit your aunt here? ...or your children?
Was your first home here? Were your children born here?
Did you shop here? Was your favourite cinema here?
Did you go to church here? Was your favourite pub here?
Did you 'romance' here? Did you go to school here?
Do you have a photograph from here?

Come on let us know and immortalise your memories here...Possilpark

GG.

hi i was born in allander street number 34 my family name is bates we lived there up until 1965 then we came to australia.i went to east keppoch then to hawthorn primary then to possilpark secondary.my best friend was patrica mcintosh she lived in bardowie street and i would really love to get intouch with her if anyone knows her.i also know the mercers,and the walkers.if anyone knows us i would really like to get in touch.

+Quote Post
flam
post 16th Apr 2012, 06:43pm
Post #11963

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
Hi Margie I am almost certain that was the name of the girl who passed away, as I said he had so many names he had put on ,so I could not remember them all, also Margie I am a lot younger than you I am only 62, and I can remember a squad of holligans nicked my dummy tit from my pram around 1951, I would not put it past one of you from the first square,while my mummy was paying her rent up the close ,was it number 51 Sunnylaw St ?(Yes we paid our rent,not like the homeless in the first square)
Hi Batesy There where Bates that stayed in Balgair St
Elso.. am no feart of you any mer Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Hee!Hee!Hee! so put that in your pipe and smoke it
Hi Pk That cheque I sent to you for 50000 has just bounced
Cheers Flim
Cheers Flim

+Quote Post
margie
post 16th Apr 2012, 08:02pm
Post #11964

Mega City Key Holder
Flam Whit bliddy age dae you think a am ataw. By the way we didnae pay oor rent up a close we went tae the factors offices in Bardowie st. and as for as stealin yir dummy well we didnae need dummy,s cause we got fed. Ya poor we soul. tongue.gif laugh.gif cheers Margie.
p.s A think yir windin me up wi awe these names.

+Quote Post
possilboy
post 16th Apr 2012, 10:02pm
Post #11965

Mega City Key Holder
welcome batesy hope you find what your looking for a wee photo of allendar st

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Foxy52
post 16th Apr 2012, 10:21pm
Post #11966

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,742
Hi Possilboy, they pictures were taken from what would have been the "dinner school" of my old school , bloody thing was only opened in 1964, shame it's gone already.
Foxy

+Quote Post
possilboy
post 16th Apr 2012, 10:52pm
Post #11967

Mega City Key Holder
foxy the dinner hall was in ardoch st when i went there across from the janitors house

+Quote Post
margie
post 16th Apr 2012, 11:42pm
Post #11968

Mega City Key Holder
P/BOY, N, Foxy, Theres nae point o arguing aboot the dinner hall cause you lot spent yir money oan fags. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
possilboy
post 17th Apr 2012, 03:10am
Post #11969

Mega City Key Holder
margie me spend my dinner money on fags i plead innocent till provan guilty yes.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
macatuni
post 17th Apr 2012, 10:21am
Post #11970

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,248
QUOTE (margie @ 14th Apr 2012, 10:40pm) *
Elso Who were yi talkin tae when yi asked---- Hiv yi lost yir marbles? Flam a kin follow yir post ok but am still confused as to who it wiz yi wur talkin tae so a hope he posts soon and pits me oot o ma misery. I presume the best pal he wiz talkin aboot that passed away wiz Agnes Mc Cormick, we were pals for nearly 40yrs. She lived in Borron street and had a twin sister Cathy who sadly also died young. Great girls and I miss them so much. They worked in the white horse whiskey bond.
Well gang as yiz kin awe see a survived the dentist and thats it over fur another 6 months. Wish a could get awe ma teeth capped but canny afford it, a will huv tae tap Sweetpea.
Clydo get yir finger oot and post. cheers Margie. smile.gif

My family lived in the last close in Borron street for a couple of years round about 1964. My sisters Mary and Sadie McKay were friends with the McCormack girls and I rembmer them as well

+Quote Post

1063 Pages V  « < 796 797 798 799 800 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Oct 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.