Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

746 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Old Firm, Scottish Premier League
Rating 4 V
hubert
post 14th Dec 2003, 06:51pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 31
Oh its getting to feel alot like Christmas!
Celtic go 8 points clear of their old firm rivals Rangers, after Dunfermline beat the Gers 2-0 today.
They both play on the 3rd of Jan 2004, should be as usual a hard fought game! Have to mention Rangers goalie Klos, is better than oor two put the gither, Douglas and Hedman!
Anyhoo canny wait, roll on the 3rd!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 14th Dec 2003, 07:58pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
Here's hopin Klos is related tae Santa Hubert, an he'll be too tired by then tae catch the baw laugh.gif

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...

+Quote Post
hubert
post 14th Dec 2003, 11:35pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Oh Catherine your a trip, so funny, Santa Klos, verygood! LoL

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 15th Dec 2003, 02:31am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
Lets hope he dishes oot some " Gifts " on the 3rd Hubert!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
david lowson
post 15th Dec 2003, 09:53am
Post #5

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 470
this is where rangers are dangerous Jimmy?

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 15th Dec 2003, 10:02am
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
David I personally never underestimate Rangers ,each old firm game is up for grabs.

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
hubert
post 15th Dec 2003, 12:25pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
I never underestimate Rangers either, even the game being at Celtic Park, and that Celtic are on form, with Rangers in a slump?
In those games the bookies favourites do get beat!
It certainly is a game to look forward to, and I will be at the pub watching it!
PS. Meant to add Celtic are undefeated in their last 66 games at Celtic Park, certainly the auld story of the law of averages might kick in, but I feel good about the 3rd of Jan.

This post has been edited by hubert: 15th Dec 2003, 03:52pm

+Quote Post
Melody
post 15th Dec 2003, 08:23pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Oh you lot are makin' me nervous....... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 15th Dec 2003, 09:16pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Naw don't get nervous Melody,lets say that we are quietly confident !! .Can feel it in ma waater biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 20th Dec 2003, 04:34pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Just been watching Rangers v Hearts,nothing to write home about,Klos made some good saves.But must say young Chris Burke,was great,lots of running and enthusiasim.The future of the game in Scotland is in safe hands ,as long as these kids get a go.... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hubert
post 21st Dec 2003, 05:05am
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Well Jimmy not to be negative, but young Maloney at Celtic is not cutting it, and young Kennedy gave away a stupid penalty for nothing against Hibs, so I cant see were you see Scotlands up and coming young, helping much, sorry!
Also once again its a two team race, for the SPL chamionship, or if you like one and half team race, cause just now Rangers are only half the team they were last year! wink.gif

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 21st Dec 2003, 01:05pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Well Hubert,I must ask you,how are the kids going to improve, if they don't get the time on the park ?. You see I believe youngsters ,will never appreciate thier success ,if they are not allowed to make mistakes.Bit of lateral thinking there Eh !lol.It is a matter of patience on behalf of the punters.It will take a couple of seasons,to wean the young lads.Look at Fergie ,he has always had a core of young players. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
scotslad90
post 21st Dec 2003, 07:02pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7
Well is this heaven or hell for ya...........I will be totally unbiased and post all three this week.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
hubert
post 22nd Dec 2003, 12:15am
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
Jimmy by you asking me what you did in your post, gives me the impression that I am not in favour of giving youngsters a chance, this is far from how I think, I am saying they are not cutting the mustard and I am being polite!
I watched Celtic today young Miller has regressed lately, and I am not the only one saying this?
These younsters play in the reserve games and then get training and play in the under 21s along with some first team players, then they get chances at the first team, wish I could explain in words, I dont type well plus to express fully on here is not a verygood medium is that the word?
Anyhoo, even older players go off form, sorry Jimmy theres too much at stake at Celtics level to babysit, sounds hard that but thats the way it is!
No Maloney for example has had a lot of time and chances, if the oppositions has him or any other younster on toast, well that aint good!
Watched young Fletcher a Scot at Man Utd the day, good player but he was screwing up, so on comes young Rivaldo the Spaniard, well even he was having trouble, no theres times and places for everything, all I am telling you is thats how things ARE!
Heard some good news Douglas is leaving, he was man of the match today, now wait and see fans saying see hes no bad, well let me tell you, he shouldny even be playing in Junior fitba!
LMAO I am not all doom and gloom, but also heard a David James may be coming to Celtic, hope not he is Englands goalie at least one of them, well I dont like him either, his nickname is very appropriate, Calamity James! LoL

+Quote Post
david lowson
post 22nd Dec 2003, 08:52am
Post #15

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 470
Hey Hubert Leave Doris Day oot o it, one of my favourite pictures.

+Quote Post

746 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Nov 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.