Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> People Who Lived In Barmulloch 70's & 80's, Lookin for old mates
*Paul Power*
post 20th Nov 2003, 12:10am
Post #1

I lived in birnie road through the seventies and into the eighties. i remember Kim Bonnar, John Barr (Barrie), Tommy Cochrane, Ramie MacAteer, James Kirkwood (Kirky),Tam MacNiel, and many more from around Barmulloch. It would be really great to hear from anyone from that area.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kayleigh
post 20th Nov 2003, 10:16am
Post #2

Lord Provost
Member No.: 248
Hi there Paul, I lived in Ryemount road, moved away in 1973, my family still live there, don't know if you know of them, the Irvine's and the Docherty's. Welcome to the board Paul. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
newlife
post 2nd Dec 2003, 09:46pm
Post #3

Unpacking
Member No.: 681
hi paul i lived in barmulloch in the 70s well right up until 2001 now live in england

+Quote Post
Paul Power
post 3rd Dec 2003, 12:34pm
Post #4

Unpacking
Member No.: 653
Hi newlife. thanks for replying. where in barmuloch did you live and what was your name. its good to hear from people from the bar-m. I'm in Inverness now after a 3 year spell in the army sad.gif . met my wife here and now have 2 daughters. Do you remember me? or my brothers, Mick John and Mark. look forward to hearing from you again. Paul

+Quote Post
newlife
post 3rd Dec 2003, 04:44pm
Post #5

Unpacking
HI my name was eleanor charlseton i have a sister ann and gillian, we lived in rye road then i married a guy from balornock stayed with him for 28 years still in bar m then i bought a computer and it opened my eyes. I met and married the most wonderful man on this earth now i live in england and i am so happy, yes its nice to talk to old friends from bar m my hubby found this site for me so look forward to many e mails and chats see you soon bye

This post has been edited by newlife: 3rd Dec 2003, 05:42pm

+Quote Post
newlife
post 3rd Dec 2003, 05:45pm
Post #6

Unpacking
Hi Paul.. I was brought up in rye road I know a guy called John Power he is married to Tricia O'Donnel is that your brother by any chance. I have been in England for almost 3yrs now and would never go back to Scotland to live.

+Quote Post
Paul Power
post 3rd Dec 2003, 09:57pm
Post #7

Unpacking
Member No.: 653
hi eleanor. thx for replying so quickly. yes john is my brother and tricia is my sister-in-law. i'm sorry but i dont rmember your name sad.gif . do you mind me asking how old you and your sisters are? i'm 36 and left school in 1983. where in rye rd did you live cos remember "hoppy" and the McAskeys, marty sinclair gerry and steven mhar and many more. its good to hear things are going great for you, and long may it last. in contrast to you, i love Scotland but i also like england. my email is....... paul.power@redmail.co.uk. i have msn messenger if you would like to chat online. anyway hope to hear from you soon. i'll tell john and tricia i was speakin to you. bye.

+Quote Post
john power
post 4th Dec 2003, 07:31pm
Post #8

Unpacking
Member No.: 689
Hi ya Paul great web site you have found speak to you soon Trisha

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 6th Dec 2003, 03:56pm
Post #9

Hi Paul ....I know the McAskeys we lived opposite Marty number 79 second close up from the lane at leadburn........My sister Gillian is 39 I am 45 did Tricia tell you she knows me.... I was married to Pat Mc Philemy have 3 daughters who all live in Barmulloch he is the janitor in All Saints .........

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 7th Dec 2003, 09:24pm
Post #10

Hi Guest, nice to hear from you. the only people i remember across from marty where the Mitchells. Whats your name and do you still live in Barmulloch. hope to hear from you soon, cheers

+Quote Post
d.c.
post 7th Dec 2003, 10:07pm
Post #11

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 19
One of the Guests mentions the janitor at All Saints. I vaguely remember a Power family living in the janitor's house at Rye Road School in the 60s. Any connection with the Powers mentioned here ?

DC

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 8th Dec 2003, 12:36pm
Post #12

hi D.C., i dont remember any Power's living in the janitors house, but i will ask and see if there ever where. wots your name? and do you still live in Barmulloch?

Paul

+Quote Post
d.c.
post 8th Dec 2003, 04:40pm
Post #13

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 19
Paul ... I didn't live in Barmulloch, just went to school there. Thinking back, I am not sure now if it was the janitor's house at Rye Road School or Barmulloch College, where the Power family may have lived.

DC

+Quote Post
newlife
post 8th Dec 2003, 07:19pm
Post #14

Unpacking
QUOTE (Kayleigh @ 20th Nov 2003, 10:16 AM)
Hi there Paul, I lived in Ryemount road, moved away in 1973, my family still live there, don't know if you know of them, the Irvine's and the Docherty's. Welcome to the board Paul. biggrin.gif

Hi Kayliegh I knew docherty and Irvine from Barmulloch I remember a Magret Docherty and not sure but think it was Elaine Irvine

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 8th Dec 2003, 10:50pm
Post #15

hi D.C. i dont know of any Powers who were janitors but thx for replying. do you knpw anyone else from there

Paul

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd Sep 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.