Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Guestbook: July 03 To Feb 07, Posts about this website...
GG
post 27th Jul 2003, 06:22pm
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
We've lost all the previous great Guestbook entries, so please leave your comments, especially if you have done so before.

Please leave your thoughts and opinions about these boards (and the Glasgow guide website) here bu replying to this topic...

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jessiemac
post 27th Jul 2003, 08:18pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9
Martin,
What can I say. This "GG" board has been fantastic. I have been a member since feb "03. I checked in almost every day. The postings lifted my heart & had me sing. There were so many memoires & photos to look at. I'm sure we'll get it all back & more. Your talents have brought forth such a great glasgow family from all over the world. We are so sad by the loss you have endured over the passed week, but please know we are here for you- as you have been here for all of us SO come on guyus lets get this site 'arolling!

--------------------
Santa Monica CA

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 27th Jul 2003, 08:59pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
biggrin.gif well martin what can we say this is one neet site and thank you for all your hard work I have made friends in scotland, australia,even england its been the next best thing tae a mars bar biggrin.gif

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
Marg
post 28th Jul 2003, 01:43am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13
Thanks Martin for your stong will in getting us all back home to your wee board sorry all was lost but we will try hard to make it better than ever, I like the wonderful look of the new board.Good Luck with it !! cool.gif smile.gif

--------------------
God Bless this wee house!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post
hubert
post 28th Jul 2003, 01:50am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 31
I have been on some fitba forums, and another Scottish toon forum, but this GG forum is so diversivied, funny, controvercial, educational, colourful in many ways, when it went down this past week or so, it was a major catastrophy, tae say the least.
Martin I hope you get it to where you would wish it again? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thebardau
post 28th Jul 2003, 03:47am
Post #6

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 20
No doubt about the boards being a great way for members to keep up with what's happening in Glasgow - & with the rest of the world when our Politics forum gets going again.
And the whole Glasgowguide website is great, expecially for tourists as well as ex-pats.

+Quote Post
megboyle
post 28th Jul 2003, 05:32am
Post #7

Unpacking
Member No.: 38
well martin, you have shown your strengh in getting us up and running again. you must have been devastated when it all went down, but all the more credit to you in bouncing back, i didn't post a lot ,as i have bad athritis, sometimes worse than others, but it is great to come in and read all the comments as it brings one closer to everyone, especially when we can all understand each other, even the reliving of memories, sometimes forgotten till someone brings it out then you get that thrill of going over it all again.as well as bringing a smile to your face.
thank you again martin, for making it all happen, with the backing of people like the bard, as they say in oz, "you'll be right mate"
megboyle

+Quote Post
weementor
post 28th Jul 2003, 07:24am
Post #8

Super Resident
Member No.: 41
A much improved web site........grrreat to be back, but sorry that all previous data has been lost.

www.scottish.as/neilstonpadonline

--------------------
weementor......Neilston Village, Scotland

+Quote Post
sjmac
post 28th Jul 2003, 10:38am
Post #9

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 44
Martin,Site looks terrific. I was just getting the hang of the previous one when the crash happened. will post again soon.

Stuart.

--------------------
Stuart. Melbourne. Aus.

+Quote Post
jannymac
post 28th Jul 2003, 01:42pm
Post #10

City Key Holder
Member No.: 48
I enjoyed your photographs of Neilston, particularly because I have done some of my family tree lately and my grand-mother was born in Neilston, felt a wee bit strange seeing the photos though because for all I know some of my relatives would have been in them.

+Quote Post
Gloria
post 29th Jul 2003, 10:22am
Post #11

Unpacking
Member No.: 89
ohmy.gif Thank you for resurrecting a truly great site. I try to click in most days to read the postings but it's not always possible to partake in the chat as I'm at work. It's a very well organized site, thank you Martin - so much information to be had. Gloria cool.gif

+Quote Post
ewanmac
post 29th Jul 2003, 10:25am
Post #12

Visitor
Member No.: 94
Martin has surpassed himself with the layout of his new GG Board, it's going to take me a while catching up with all the new posts. Also a note of thanks to The Bard for keeping us up to date with all the happenings and progress.

+Quote Post
lisaann
post 29th Jul 2003, 03:46pm
Post #13

Super Visitor
Member No.: 138
Martin...
Perhaps you should have been named Merlin! The board always has been a wonderful place to visit, but your improvements, and the timing in getting everything back up are impeccable! Congratulations! Truly Fantastic!
~lisaann smile.gif

+Quote Post
George Muir
post 30th Jul 2003, 04:44am
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 53
Martin,
All I can say is thanks a million! As I am now on my own after 43 years of married life, this site has been a source of great comfort to me. I never feel alone here and appreciate your hard work in getting us all in touch again, and this is a beautiful place to hang out biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tumchie
post 1st Aug 2003, 08:11pm
Post #15

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 11
Hi there, Martin! Perhaps you never realised just how many people would flock to the Board , nor how much the old site would be missed when it broke down. This board is indeed a great success, and a huge round of applause is being heard around the world for you, Martin!! It's a fantastic place to meet people from so many different places, people who all share the same common background of the city of Glesga.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.