Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Provanmill, Ranza Place
ranzaboy
post 24th Oct 2004, 11:12pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 1,461
Hi there i used to stay at 7 Ranza Place, Provanmill, we are the McDonald family. Does anyone remember us or did you or a relative stay there?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
betty2
post 26th Oct 2004, 03:07pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 56
Hi ranzaboy welcome
Did'nt stay there but went to school just down the road fae yi (riddrie) had many pals from you're area but that was back in the days of cod liver oil and orange huice maybe before you're time. Cant remember any called McDonald tho Enjoy the board
betty2

--------------------
still here in glesca

+Quote Post
*SandraD*
post 27th Oct 2004, 02:16pm
Post #3

Hi Ranzaboy, I stayed in Olive Street in Provanmill with my gran for a while and went to Barmulloch Primary. All the men in the family used to frequent between the Provanmill Inn and the Broomfield Tavern. On a Sunday i would go down to Browns newsagents for grandads pipe tobbacco and the Sunday Post and the Mail. My grandparents stayed in Olive street until they died in 1993. Did you know the Irvine family?

+Quote Post
ranzaboy
post 27th Oct 2004, 11:01pm
Post #4

Unpacking
Member No.: 1,461
Sorry Sandra i never knew any off the Irvine's.

+Quote Post
eliz
post 28th Oct 2004, 12:42am
Post #5

Unpacking
Member No.: 663
Hi Ranzaboy,
I grew up in Germiston,my Father Pat Neeson had

a great pal from Ranza place,Jimmy Keyes,sadly both

have passed on,but Jimmy has two sons you may

know them.

Cheere...Liz.

+Quote Post
patrixie
post 2nd Oct 2006, 10:53pm
Post #6

Unpacking
Member No.: 3,836
QUOTE (SandraD @ 27th Oct 2004, 03:16 PM)
Hi Ranzaboy, I stayed in Olive Street in Provanmill with my gran for a while and went to Barmulloch Primary. All the men in the family used to frequent between the Provanmill Inn and the Broomfield Tavern. On a Sunday i would go down to Browns newsagents for grandads pipe tobbacco and the Sunday Post and the Mail. My grandparents stayed in Olive street until they died in 1993. Did you know the Irvine family?

Hi SandraD,I know it's a long shot as your post was a couple of years ago and you were not even a member at the time - BUT - I think I am related to the Irvine family you asked about! Can you contact me if you see this please. Regards, Pat

+Quote Post
supernan8
post 3rd Oct 2006, 12:12pm
Post #7

Settling In
Member No.: 3,529
hello everyone from Provanmill,my husband came from there ,his parents owned the fish and chip shop on Royston road called Maxwells fish and chip shop,i think he said it is where the trams used to stop... it was in the 1940s and 50s it had a news agents as well and there house was on top of the shops,his fathers name was William maxwell and my husbands name is Tom,does any one remember..ok bye for now

+Quote Post
*Guest robert stewart **
post 27th Nov 2007, 09:58pm
Post #8

I was born in provanmill street 16.3.46
I was the eldest of 6
James
Elizabeth
Anne
William and
John
I also new a lady called McDonald and had a son Joseph with her but, she died shortly after.
I couldn't handle it and left Glasgow for good.

+Quote Post
*karenp*
post 12th Feb 2008, 02:46pm
Post #9

There is still a irvine family and mcdonald family in Provanmill dont know if they are the sames ones though.

+Quote Post
shoby
post 6th Mar 2008, 04:54pm
Post #10

Unpacking
Member No.: 5,431
I stayed in Quarrywood Rd,Barmulloch & was wondering if anybody knew Suzanne Brown or Tracy Miller or Davey Logue,we all drank in the "Provvi Inn" back in 89' and I'd love to hear how they're all doin'now.

--------------------
Yours Hopefully,Shoby.[color="#000080"][/color]

+Quote Post
*davey logue*
post 11th Oct 2009, 06:36am
Post #11

QUOTE (shoby @ 6th Mar 2008, 05:42pm) *
I stayed in Quarrywood Rd,Barmulloch & was wondering if anybody knew Suzanne Brown or Tracy Miller or Davey Logue,we all drank in the "Provvi Inn" back in 89' and I'd love to hear how they're all doin'now.

How you doing its davie here what you up to?

+Quote Post
rondo
post 18th Jan 2010, 06:44pm
Post #12

Visitor
Member No.: 7,433
QUOTE (shoby @ 6th Mar 2008, 04:35pm) *

i was brought up in blackhill like my mum and her family and my dads my mum worked in the chipshop till it changed hands and then worked with bruno till late on she was a server in the first chipvan in blackhill and also worked in harry campbells in craiggy i know suzanne broon and family and davy logue he went to the meana scool wae me canne mind ah tracy but i probably wid if i seen her i often drank in the provvy loved it and often drank in the sheilds bar and had a fundraiser for my daughter init many yrs ago suzanne noo runs her own bar doon the barras

+Quote Post
*PETER OBRIEN*
post 5th Feb 2010, 12:33pm
Post #13

QUOTE (ranzaboy @ 24th Oct 2004, 10:53pm) *
Hi there i used to stay at 7 Ranza Place, Provanmill, we are the McDonald family. Does anyone remember us or did you or a relative stay there?

Hi my name is peter obrien and i was born in 19 ranza place in 1962, because there was so many of us weans we moved to a bigger house at number 11 lochgreen st, went to st philomenas then onto the big roch, loveto hear from anyone that remembers me !

+Quote Post
**Ranzaboy**
post 28th Feb 2010, 06:39pm
Post #14

Hi Peter was one of your brothers called Pat? I went to St Mungos with him and we went to the same pubs in town years ago. Did you stay in the corner house in Lochgreen Street beside the shops? I remember an Agnes and Eddie Obrien too.

+Quote Post
Wormy
post 1st Mar 2010, 08:41pm
Post #15

Super Resident
Member No.: 5,990
QUOTE (PETER OBRIEN @ 5th Feb 2010, 01:14pm) *
because there was so many of us weans we moved to a bigger house at number 11 lochgreen st, went to st philomenas then onto the big roch,

You must memba my pals family who stayed at number 6. lochgreen street pat & colin and loads a lassies .

--------------------
Life is not a dress rehearsal grab it with both hands and enjoy !

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st Nov 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.