Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holidays On Ice, Can you recall a particularly tricky New Years?
wee davy
post 4th Dec 2010, 01:11pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
As it is coming up to that time of the year again - and considering current Arctic conditions - I thought I'd kick off a new thread here, with a tale of my soon to be wifey (from Yorkshire) who accompanied me, 'up hame' wan year.

It wiz in Cumberlauld (and I DO sympathise wie ye's oot there, right noo), and as many of you will know - some of the underpasses and walkways are really treacherous.

We all made it, with difficulty, to where we were going, without too many mishaps, that year - but it really was foolish. The thing is - it wasn't the conditions OUTSIDE which proved the problem, but the copious amounts of alcoholic beverages aroond the place.

Eileen was having a great time - when all of a sudden - she goat whirled around, in a dance - fell across a couple guests - where one man was seriously SLASHED by a piece of broken wine glass!

Of course, it was nobody's 'fault' - but she was beside herself wie guilt - thinking SHE wiz responsible fur this poor man's loss of life giving juices LOL

Anyways - alls well that ended well - nothing T towel couldnae fix hahahaha

Efter awe that careful slipping and sliding tae get there - it wiz jist ironic that wid happen.

davy (mind hows ye go, folks)

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Jul 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.