Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Old Pals Priesthill 1957/1968, Fond memories
*Jean Currie*
post 2nd Nov 2010, 02:22am
Post #61

Lived at 42 Glenmuir Drive. Harry Smith upstairs , the Cambells next door Joseph ,John and Shugie, Mr. Yonge bottom Flat and the Robertsons across , had horrible bulldogs. Remember Capaldi's Van. My brother David worked on Frank the milk Van.
The Hollinworth's , Hardy's Crieghtons. Roggers and Ingrams, Margret , Sadie, Isobell . The Melons. David Melon was m brothers mate. Mr. Codie , grew beautiful carnations , used to take a few for my ma, . The collins family , Jon , Jim, Charlotte and Kenny. Would love to hear from any of my school friends.
My sister Fiona let out the cows and a horse out of the fields down Daley . They were walking all over Glenmuir for hours. Remember the tinkers camps every year doown by the burn. The Bluebell upp in the woods were the best. . Went up to the dame many times with my brothers , Had to run for our lifes many times from the parky, No fishing allowed , if they only know . Half of them were doing it as well. LOL
Here is my E address for any that would like to contact. would love to here from anyone.
Was born in the house was sad to see it was gone when I went home last.
Any one rembering the Currie family contact me.

jeanlinnen@yahoo.ca
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*jean Currie*
post 2nd Nov 2010, 02:38am
Post #62

This is for David Melon ,hopefully you are still checking in here. This is Jean Currie, brothers John , Jimmy , David and sister Fiona. OR

If anyone knows how to get intouch with David give himm this e address jeanlinne@yahoo.ca

+Quote Post
*john mcghee*
post 29th Nov 2010, 02:29pm
Post #63

Hi All
I am John Mcghee and used to life firstly on ravenscraig the opposite burnbrae school, left in about 82, remember Malkies etc, dont see anyone now such as the forbes brothers, peter and billy mcdermaid. gordon cameroon?

have been back few times and seen the changes, what a pollock centre now?

+Quote Post
titch54
post 11th Oct 2011, 02:57pm
Post #64

Unpacking
Member No.: 11,942
was in your class at school i was known as tich m just trying to get used to lap tops gone are the days of slate and chalk lol i remember that name conkey also james maitland wee spenny andrew gold burnbrae and craigbank unfortunatley a good few of the guys from that era have passed away for whatever reason drove though priesthill few weeks ago what a changed place great memories though something that progress cant touch hi ho silver lining

+Quote Post
crewsy2
post 11th Oct 2011, 06:37pm
Post #65

Visitor
Member No.: 11,930
QUOTE (titch54 @ 11th Oct 2011, 03:26pm) *
touch hi ho silver lining

Hi Ho Tiny Priesty, or variations.

+Quote Post
**JOHN DONNELLY**
post 9th Nov 2011, 09:20am
Post #66

QUOTE (Sheenat1956 @ 16th May 2008, 09:00pm) *
I,m a Priesty aswell I lived at number 4 second close on the right in the top right house with my granny and all my aunts and uncles. My best friend was Janey McGrath. And in the next close was Linda Mccaully. I was there from 1956 ( born in the gas fire room ) till 1970. Saddest day of my life leaving Priesthill. I have a photo of me with my granny on the verandah when i was 3 I went back a lot of years later and stood in the same spot with me holding my granddaughter the two photos are eary to say the least.

oops should have read 4 Ravencraig drive sorry

Hi lived in Priesthill Road No 9 just down from Bus Terminus, stayed in the same close as Chris and Andy Keeting, just visited the old place, not what it used to be, but thats progress, I hate progress. went to St Roberts then on to Bellarmine, anyone remember the pitches next to the shool,and doing crosscountry there, used to hide behind big tree.

john.donnelly11[at]btinternet.com

+Quote Post
*thomas simpson*
post 12th Mar 2012, 06:27pm
Post #67

QUOTE (Alex Boyd @ 18th Aug 2008, 08:38pm) *
Nancy my sisters knew the Rankins from Muishiel crescent,I wonder if you remember them,
Marie and Pauline Boyd.I remember Wee Davey McCracken he was with big Rab Simpson the night he died. Alex

Hello Alex,

Robert Simpson's younger brother here. Would appreciate any knowledge you have of the night/circumstances when Robert died,

Many thanks

Thomas Simpson

+Quote Post
Boydy
post 2nd Apr 2012, 12:41am
Post #68

Super Resident
Member No.: 5,730
QUOTE (thomas simpson @ 12th Mar 2012, 07:15pm) *
Hello Alex,

Robert Simpson's younger brother here. Would appreciate any knowledge you have of the night/circumstances when Robert died,

Many thanks

Thomas Simpson

Hi Thomas. I spoke to you on friends reunited but i've left that site now. I would rather PM this info but I can't find your name on the members list. My email is alexlolipops@ yahoo.co.uk

--------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8K8kbtat0I

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 2nd Apr 2012, 10:28am
Post #69

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 91
QUOTE (*JOHN DONNELLY* @ 9th Nov 2011, 10:08am) *
Hi lived in Priesthill Road No 9 just down from Bus Terminus, stayed in the same close as Chris and Andy Keeting, just visited the old place, not what it used to be, but thats progress, I hate progress. went to St Roberts then on to Bellarmine, anyone remember the pitches next to the shool,and doing crosscountry there, used to hide behind big tree.

john.donnelly11[at]btinternet.com

The cross-country was a good laugh. Maybe because I enjoyed it. I certainly never saw big Harry Morgan attempting to come out looking for us, although his voice could carry all the way to Carnwardic! lol The cross-country team were very successful, many of them representing Glasgow Schools and big John Murphy (science) would sign them up for the Bellahouston Harriers.

--------------------
Jim D

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit - NO man is at all hours wise.

+Quote Post
Boydy
post 12th Apr 2012, 03:35am
Post #70

Super Resident
Member No.: 5,730
QUOTE (Boydy @ 2nd Apr 2012, 01:29am) *
Hi Thomas. I spoke to you on friends reunited but i've left that site now. I would rather PM this info but I can't find your name on the members list. My email is alexlolipops@ yahoo.co.uk

I think it was Willie Nesbitt (not Davy)who was with Robert on that tragic night. It is something I will never forget, the whole of Priesthill & Craigbank school was in shock. They were at the railway signal beside the bridge going over the railway and Robert (Who was a real thrill seeker) made a swing by tying a rope from the top of the signal. He was swinging on the rope with his chin resting on the loop which he had made in the rope. A friend of mine George Adams, whose Dad was a train driver heard from a driver who saw him on top of the signal, and not moving, so it is obvious that he got caught in the loop but somehow managed to climb on top of the signal before he lost the fight for his life. It is very painful for me to write this because I have never told this story and memories have came back to me. There was another boy called Tommy Reilly about a year later who had the same kind of accident in Priesthill whilst making a swing on a tree.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8K8kbtat0I

+Quote Post
bmac
post 14th Jun 2012, 08:30pm
Post #71

Unpacking
Member No.: 13,026
HI, We lived in priesthill at 202 muirshiel cres, the first house around the corner from the terminus, I went to st roberts in 1960 and left bellarmine at summer 1965, my name is Billy mcgowan we left priesthill in 1968, anyone remember the McGowan family

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 15th Jun 2012, 10:31am
Post #72

Super City Key Holder
Hi Billy, I used to ride down that hill at Muirsheil Crescent, past Burnbrae school, on a bogey. I've the scars to prove it. shock3.gif

--------------------
Jim D

+Quote Post
**bmac**
post 15th Jun 2012, 11:11am
Post #73

Thats right jim so did i on bogeys and anything elso on wheels,still have the scars too, but we got what todays kids dont get, and thats the memories, you dont get scars on computer games,
cheers billy

+Quote Post
**Stu**
post 18th Jul 2012, 04:11am
Post #74

My grandfather was the "janny" at Burnbrae primary in the 60's and 70's. I have happy memories of visiting him and Priesthill as a kid. Anyone remember him?

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 18th Jul 2012, 01:40pm
Post #75

Super City Key Holder
Stu, I don't remember your grandfather but I recall that the Jannies house was attached to the school main building. If I am correct, it was an upstair flat at over-looking the fields.

--------------------
Jim D

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Jul 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.