Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow Schemes, Stories from the streets of Garthamlock.
dizzybint
post 8th Dec 2010, 08:37am
Post #1

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
I was shunted out to pastures new in 1971 with three wee weans.. as ma building in Brigton was being torn down.. There were no new hooses built at that time for Brigtonians.. am sure the only wans were the high Ruby st flats.. and even then ah couldnae get one... so ah got offered two dumps , wan in Ruchazie.. then another even worse dump in Garthamlock.. ah wiz threatened Id need to take the second offer so signed for it.. but two weeks late it still hadnt a toilet or water heater.... so I went to a councillor who came out to the house.. and asked me where Id like.... I got so excited as wasnt expecting this.. that I stupidly said Garthamlock facing where my cousin lived as Iwanted to be near some family... I moved the next week and here are my stories..

Tachras.. India street
The Awakening
Action Man
Pearl.
written by Maude.. hope you enjoy.. all true but had to miss some parts out as you just wouldnt have believed them...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
benny
post 8th Dec 2010, 01:21pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,059
Ah know they're meant tae be short stories, dizzybint, but dae ye no think two or three words is a bit limitin? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Derea derego fortibus es in aro

+Quote Post
dizzybint
post 8th Dec 2010, 01:23pm
Post #3

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
hahahahahahaahahh true ... benny...sorry ah was sure Id put the link on Ill get it on http://www.tachras.co.uk/journal/articles5/india/India.htm

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Oct 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.