Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

30 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Political Correctness Craziness Must Stop!, Examples of political correctness
wombat
post 14th May 2017, 12:20am
Post #421

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (taurus @ 13th May 2017, 10:40am) *
This has nothing to do with political correctness so I expect to get shot down in flames ...again !! anyway,regarding transgenders ,mainly men who want to look like women,why in the name of God do they wear such rubbish clothes that a woman who was born a woman,in other words a real woman,wouldn`t be seen dead in. I have yet to see a sex changer who has dressed in everyday clothes,there are thousands of outfits to chose from,and they get done up in stuff even the charity shops would bin. I know a young man,and for years we`ve known he was 'iffy",but still dressed as a bloke. just recently he 'came out',and comes to the club,in what might have been my granny`s dress and i`m well over 70,and to finish off the ridiculousness,a flower in his hair.

wid that be the rsl club Taurus ? widny surprise me theres a ped in the local wan.

worked for a tranny and its lesbian friend that ran a seedy night club in surfers paradise
as barman guess who came in there every now and again?
the wild one .johnny o'keefe. rolleyes.gif every night the cops were out in the kitchen groping waitresses and suckin booze.crime inc yes.gif the tranny done a strip show .it looked heaps better than jenner (younger too 30 ) it wis after me yes.gif wanna hear more?

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
taurus
post 14th May 2017, 08:32am
Post #422

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
oh no Wombat,it all sounds very sordid. And Johnny O`Keefe,couldn`t sing but got by anyway as he was among the first rock`n`rollers here,and we`d just left the UK and he was no worse than what we`d been listening to there, ,no Frank Sinatras among them,but they all made a packet anyway.
No the young man from the RSL,there was nothing sordid about him,a lovely young man,great swing dancer,just a let down to see how pathetic he ended up by deciding (publicly) he was born in the wrong body.To each his own eh?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 20th Aug 2017, 08:07am
Post #423

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
Wonder if a similar drive would happen if the situation was reversed. I'm a believer in the best person getting the job or promotion, nowadays if you tick certain boxes you can leap ahead of others. Back in the day that was called racism or sexism but its now called progress wacko.gif

RBS is still too white and too male, admits chief executive

THE chief executive of Royal Bank of Scotland has admitted the business is still “too white and too male”, with a lack of ethnic diversity that does not reflect its customers.

Ross McEwan said while the bank has made strides in promoting women into senior roles, it still has work to do to create a more ethnically diverse and balanced workforce. He added the bank, which is 72 per cent owned by the taxpayer, will reveal gender pay statistics next month, several months earlier than legislation requires.

The move has the potential to throw bank staff into conflict over discrepancies between male and female workers.

Speaking during a Radio Scotland interview, Mr McEwan revealed the bank has set a tougher target for gender equality across the business, and is working with outside groups in a bid to address diversity issues.

He said: “We have set ourselves the target of having initially 30 per cent of our top 700 executives as females by the end of 2020. We actually reached that target last year, so have changed the target to make it more difficult.”

The bank is now aiming for 40 per cent female representation right across the business by 2020, and focusing on creating balance in other particularly male- dominated areas.

He added: “Ethnicity is a big issue for this organisation. We need to be reflecting the types of people our customers are. Too white and too male is something that we’re now starting to concentrate on. It’s beyond the male and female. I think there are a lot of other areas we should be thinking about as well.”

Mr McEwan’s comments come in the same week data from diversity consultants Green Park showed 58 per cent of FTSE 100 boardrooms still have no ethnic minority representation.

It follows the target Government backed Parker Review, which found “disproportionately” low levels of diversity across UK boardrooms. It recommended one director of colour be appointed to each of Britain’s top company boards by 2021, and to each of their boards by 2024.

Similar recommendations on gender-based recruitment were made by the Davies review in 2015, saying women should make up one-third of every FTSE 100 boardroom by 2020.

A spokeswoman for the Equality and Human Rights Commission Scotland said: “It’s encouraging that RBS have recognised the issue. We agree that having a more ethnically diverse workforce will help them market to Scotland’s increasingly diverse population.

“There’s no shortage of skills. And given that ethnic minorities are twice as likely to be unemployed, there is a large potential workforce for businesses across Scotland and the rest of the UK.”

Emma Ritch, executive director of equality campaign organisation Engender, said: “Feminist leadership of nations, political parties, council chambers and organisations sees different decisions made on investment, on healthcare, and on the economy.

“Having women in positions of power changes what gets spent, and what gets prioritised.” She said a recent Engender review of 3,029 leadership roles in Scotland had revealed just 27 per cent were held by women.

“In some areas, women’s representation has gone backwards,” she added.

“We want all women to live their best lives, but mostly because having women around the table changes the conversation.

“We want to see not just women making decisions, but women making decisions who are alert to the different forces that shape men’s and women’s lives.”

Lynne Cadenhead, chairwoman of Women’s Enterprise Scotland, said: “Research consistently shows that achieving gender balance across all areas of business is imperative to gain diversity of thought and support business prosperity. “A study undertaken by The Herald last year in fact showed that Scotland’s FTSE 100 boardrooms were trailing in terms of gender diversity, in comparison to the progress the rest of the UK were making in this respect.

“Efforts need to be redoubled to ensure that boardrooms reflect the communities they seek to serve.”

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 22nd Aug 2017, 06:55pm
Post #424

Mega City Key Holder

First it was ISIS pulling down or blowing up statues, then it was 'peaceful mobs' turn, now it seems that the stupidity is catching and we have some reporter calling for the removal of Nelsons column (though there were calls a couple of years ago for Rhodes statue in Oxford to be removed it is sill up )

No doubt burning books is next on the 'hit list'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...be-next-slavery

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Sep 2017, 06:45pm
Post #425

Mega City Key Holder

Looks like mocking ISIS is now offensive to some, how these dainty wee souls are going to survive in the big old world when they leave their fluffy pillows and sugar puffs is beyond me.

Robbie Travers: Edinburgh University law student investigated for 'mocking ISIS' on social media

A LAW student claims he is under investigation by his Scottish university for hate speech for allegedly mocking ISIS on social media.

Robbie Travers, 21, who is a regular commentator on Facebook and Twitter, has been acused of putting 'minority students at risk and in a state of panic' at Edinburgh University for his comments which ridiculed the terror group.

Responding to the news the US Air Force bombed an ISIS stronghold in Afghanistan in April, Travers wrote: "I'm glad we could bring these barbarians a step closer to collecting their 72 virgins."

The post, shared on Facebook, was one of a number of anti-Islamic entries which sparked a backlash from fellow students, who claimed he breached the student code of conduct and should be reprimanded.

A university spokesman confirmed that “complaints alleging misconduct have been received against Mr Travers and these are being investigated”.

He added: “We are committed to providing an environment in which all members of the university community treat each other with dignity and respect and our code of student conduct sets out clear expectations of behaviour.”

Mr Travers later posted: "Not a single piece of tangible evidence has been provided to support this claim.

"Lawyers I have engaged now believe this malicious report into me may be motivated by anti-semitism."

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Sep 2017, 07:03pm
Post #426

Mega City Key Holder
And here me thinking the most pathetic news story about 'gender stereotyping' was that idiotic SNP politician 'attack' on East Renfrewshires new MP when he posted a picture of his daughter wearing pink on her first day at nursery(she later apologised), but no here we have this school removing skirts in part due to growing numbers of 'transgender' pupils, the rights of those 'real' girls who want to continue wearing skirts is just tossed to the side of course.

School bans skirts to ensure uniform is 'gender neutral'

A SECONDARY school has banned girls from wearing skirts to make the uniform "gender neutral" for transgender pupils and to deal with complaints over the decency of short skirts.

Headteacher Tony Smith has introduced the policy for all new students at Priory School in Lewes, East Sussex.

The school's website states: "From September 2017, all new Priory students will be required to wear our updated uniform.

"This uniform has been designed specifically in response to the many issues and suggestions raised by parents, students and school staff.

"Specifically, it addresses the current issues of inequality and decency. We hope that it will provide a smart, comfortable and affordable alternative to the current uniform."

Speaking to the Brighton Argus newspaper, Mr Smith said: "Pupils have been saying why do boys have to wear ties and girls don't, and girls have different uniform to boys.

"So we decided to have the same uniform for everybody from Year 7.

"Another issue was that we have a small but increasing number of transgender students and therefore having the same uniform is important for them."

inRead invented by Teads
He added that there had been "problems with decency" over how skirts were being worn by students.

One mother critical of the changes told the local newspaper: "My daughter said she has got a gender and it's female so being gender neutral when she has got a gender is a big deal for her, as she is proud to be a girl."

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Sep 2017, 10:15pm
Post #427

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th Sep 2017, 08:03pm) *
And here me thinking the most pathetic news story about 'gender stereotyping' was that idiotic SNP politician 'attack' on East Renfrewshires new MP when he posted a picture of his daughter wearing pink on her first day at nursery(she later apologised), but no here we have this school removing skirts in part due to growing numbers of 'transgender' pupils, the rights of those 'real' girls who want to continue wearing skirts is just tossed to the side of course.

Most people would probably sympathies with you John if you never tried to turn every story into a SNP Baaaaddd story. yes.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Sep 2017, 11:21pm
Post #428

Mega City Key Holder

Not often you are right Jagz and you are wrong once again. If you had an ounce of unbiased viewpoint in yer nut you would see that it wasn't an SNP bad story, it was a ridicolous PC Nonsense story that panders to a supposed minority by forcing everyone to conform whether they like it or not. If you checked the previous stories you would see that they weren't about your beloved party or leader either. I only mentioned that idiot from Edinburgh because she targeted that MP simply because he was a Tory and shamelessly used the little girls pink Jacket to do so. If the elected politician was a member of any party or none I would still have used it as an example of this Gender garbage being put out by stupid people. That you are here trying to claim that I am just posting it as SNP bad (over 2 weeks after it happened) just shows the depths you go to excuse any 'bad news' about the SNP.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 7th Sep 2017, 06:35pm
Post #429

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th Sep 2017, 07:45pm) *
Looks like mocking ISIS is now offensive to some ...

Of course it is!
Whit have those heroic astronauts ever done tae deserve such treatment?

Attached Image

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 7th Sep 2017, 06:49pm
Post #430

Mega City Key Holder

Think that might be called the ISS wink.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
taurus
post 7th Sep 2017, 09:41pm
Post #431

Super Lord Provost
What kind of mental world are we bringing our next generation into ?. Transgender ,there`s a new word,out in the open ,in everyday use,used to be such people hid away in the closet,and the young folk knew nothing of it,quite right too with so much other learning to do,the 3 "R`s" for a start,now the very people who should be protecting their minds are filling it up with this rubbish.
My grand daughter had a friend with 2 mummies whose relationship is over,and the this young girl 18 is completely screwed up in her head,what should have been a terrific young girl growing in to a lovely young woman,is now a friendless pariah at school,she can`t communicate with her peers. I suppose because i`m "ordinary",I feel the blame is squarely on her unusual upbringing,in this day of anything goes. And all the PC bull*** ,now they want to pull down Captain Cook`s statue,and do away with Australia Day. The social media has a lot to answer for,like all good ideas that start out well,it has become the demon in this,for the amount of damage it`s done .

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 8th Sep 2017, 12:08am
Post #432

Mega City Key Holder
Taurus, going back a good 57 years now I had a catholic girfriend; and me being a prod rolleyes.gif an aw, who at the age of sweet 16 learned that the big sister (who used to bully her) with whom she lived with her mother (who used to bully her) was really her mum and the mother she thought she had was really her granny. I know it's a completely different kettle of fish but different generations have their own ways of screwing up their young peoples minds.

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 8th Sep 2017, 12:11am
Post #433

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 7th Sep 2017, 07:49pm) *
Think that might be called the ISS wink.gif

Honest? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
taurus
post 8th Sep 2017, 03:59am
Post #434

Super Lord Provost
I couldn`t agree more Tee Hee,the perfect family only existed in the 50`s TV sitcoms. It`s just that I miss the innocent days,when kids were oblivious to the darker side of life,(well some of it,there was plenty of dark stuff in Bridgeton),but different to todays ,which the PC brigade want paraded out every 5 minutes a new demand.
And away back when you`re talking about,a baby born out of wedlock was often claimed to the the granny` s to save face. Somehow that took a 360 turn and the kids now attend the wedding. Too late for the poor dear girls who killed themselves rather that face the shame and the big leather belt of the patriarch.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 8th Sep 2017, 10:00am
Post #435

Mega City Key Holder
Time flys Taurus, ... 69 years ago my elder sister was turned out into a winter's street when she was pregnant, or no' weel as they said back then. She had to have a special licence to marry being under 16 in Scotland at that time.
She and her man were still together last I heard; a few short years ago.
She was really my foster sister as I too was a Glasgow child of the war years, born in a home for unwed mothers who never got to know his natural mother who came from a big family in Milton area with three woman on the same street all baring the same family name and forenames.
Probably a deeply religious family too with traces reaching to Ireland.

With 18 offspring (and counting) to the third generation I'm pleased to note that at least the half of them are keeping up the tradition that started with their great-grandad laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th Nov 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.