Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1375 Pages V  « < 1373 1374 1375  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
TeeHeeHee
post Today, 07:14am
Post #20611

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (DannyH @ 24th Sep 2017, 11:55pm) *
Ah Tomi, I see you have joined in the shootout, and taking sides no less!

Danny

No Danny, you've nisread my intention:I don't take sides,join cliques, gangs, clubs or run-aboot-wi'- the-boys.
I was attempting, as you already know; and apparently with little hope of success, to encourage some GG friends in particular to act their ages and not their (British) shoe sizes.
No one should expect or desire that I take sides in the childish arguements that pose as some form of discussion on these deteriorating boards: it wouldn't be so bad if there was at least a modicum of humour attached to give us something to laugh at.
Of course what members choose to do is their own affair it's just embarrassing for me to see friends of mine acting like kids and bringing the level of the boards down to a depressing low; especially when they are supposed to be blessed with a certain degree of intelligence.

To the friends in question, remember, that's what friends are for: friendshps are not mutual admiration societies.

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 09:21am
Post #20612

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 25th Sep 2017, 08:14am) *
No Danny, you've nisread my intention:I don't take sides,join cliques, gangs, clubs or run-aboot-wi'- the-boys.
I was attempting, as you already know; and apparently with little hope of success, to encourage some GG friends in particular to act their ages and not their (British) shoe sizes.
No one should expect or desire that I take sides in the childish arguements that pose as some form of discussion on these deteriorating boards: it wouldn't be so bad if there was at least a modicum of humour attached to give us something to laugh at.
Of course what members choose to do is their own affair it's just embarrassing for me to see friends of mine acting like kids and bringing the level of the boards down to a depressing low; especially when they are supposed to be blessed with a certain degree of intelligence.

To the friends in question, remember, that's what friends are for: friendshps are not mutual admiration societies.

Hello Tomi

Sorry if I have misread your intentions, and I believe you when you say you don't take sides.

From my perspective, the wording of your post, didn't give that impression.

For example, your response to Bilbo was "Poor you right enough, I know what it is like to be called a liar" So I took that to mean you were supporting him against me.

You also told Bilbo to remind Carmella of the words spoken by the Bard. Why didn't you tell him to also look at what the Bard said?

I hope you can see where I am coming from.

I know you are meaning well and want to get the Boards back to what they used to be. You will never get it back again as long as there are political topics on this website.

For example, the next time say, you or Bilbo come on to this topic and start expounding your views on Scoland's independence, I will reply,

Excuse me, but shouldn't you be more concerned about what is happening in Germany, the country you live in? I believe that since the results of the German election were announced, it has highlighted a resurgence in Nationalism.

To Bilbo, I would also respond, shouldn't you be more concerned about the rise in Catalonia for independence from Spain?

Still can't figure out why the three Amigos are so concerned about Scotlands independence, when the vast majority of Scots living in Scotland have more on their mind than another bloody (excuse the pun) rerendum. Actually I do know. They are just on here to stir things up. Doing a great job. Chased away many genuine regulars from this website.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 10:50am
Post #20613

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 22nd Sep 2017, 10:47pm) *
Jagz

Bilbo posted the statistics, claiming he didn't know the source.

Big deal. So your name Jagz will be in the local telephone directory giving you address and telephone number in Beith, will it?

If I gave the name of the area I live in, I would be very easy to find. There is no comparison.

So no matter how you and Bilbo try to discredit me, it backfired on you and him, because once again, Bilbo is caught out to be a liar. He didn't know the source!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny

Whether he did or didn't know the source he challenged anyone to dispute the facts to which (as i haven't read the rest of the Weekends posts) there has been no replies.

I'm ex directory Danny, but why would anyone be interested in finding out your address?

If it make you feel any better my name is Alistair Waddell.

I have never tried to discredit you Danny, but why don't you address what bilbo posted than whether or not he knew the source?

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post Today, 11:04am
Post #20614

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (DannyH @ 25th Sep 2017, 09:21am) *
Hello Tomi

Sorry if I have misread your intentions ...

...You also told Bilbo to remind Carmella of the words spoken by the Bard. Why didn't you tell him to also look at what the Bard said?

Danny Harris

Sorry Auld yin but you've misread again ...
Bill, please take another look at Carmella's post and remember the words of that ol' bard ...

O wad some Power the giftie gie us. To see oursels as ithers see us

... I said nothing against Carmella, the message was for Bill and I asked him not told him.
It's no wonder people lose the rag. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 11:20am
Post #20615

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 22nd Sep 2017, 11:37pm) *
Bilbo

When the SNP wrote that document, the intention was to let everyone know how wonderful they are.

You make sarcastic comments about Carmella not responding about the performance of the Tory and Labour parties in England and Wales

relative to the SNP. That is not the Issue of this topic, it is a diversion.

Why should anybody answer that stupid question. If you want an answer, ask the SCOTTISH people who live in Govanhill and in other neglected areas.

Danny Harris

I hardly think that was the intention of the report Danny, more like it was to prove to the British Nationalists who constantly go on about "not doing the day job" that they're doing a good job although there is still room for improvement.

Bilbo was not doing any "diversion" Carmella was, i asked her if she'd rather have Labour or the Tories in power in Holyrood given their track record in control of their respective Wales and England so how you think this is not relative to a thread about Scottish independence and is a "stupid question" is beyond me Danny, right up there with your not wanting to discuss politics in a thread about politics.

Since the SNP have only been in charge of GCC for four months i have been hearing of more improvements in Govanhill in that short period of time than there have been in the previous forty years, i'm sure you'll disagree though.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 11:34am
Post #20616

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 24th Sep 2017, 11:24pm) *
Bilbo, now is not the right time for me to respond to you, as will be explained shortly.

Just let me say that if you and I were face to face right at this moment I would shove the sharp point of my wife's walking stick right up you where it hurts the most. Then maybe you would realize the reality of what it is like to be classified as a statistic, and not a human being. It wouldn't bother me, because I would be sentenced to 30 hours community work. At my age that would mean sweeping the floors of an old folks home. I would get free coffee and scones.

In our local area last week, it was reported in the local paper, that a couple in their 70's were attacked in their own home during the night, assaulted and robbed, by a young man in his early twenties. It was also reported that a woman in her mid forties, while walking in broad daylight on a public footpath was approached by two teenage girls. They demanded that she give them cigarettes. When she ignored their demands they beat her up badly.

In another case, a young man aged 22, beat up a woman in her forties in her own home, because she wouldn't give him money for drugs. He battered her face to pulp. He got 2 1/2 years in prison.
The victim was distraught at this lenient sentence.

In another case a woman of 80. Yes 80, was sexually assaulted in her own home during the night.

Do you think thse victims are concerned about bloody statistics, that seem to be an obsession with you and you faithful pal Angel!

And now we come to the bit where I am really incensed by you people who don't live in Scotland, but seem to think we will sit back and take all the rubbish you post, just because you want Independence for Scotland. If you want Independence for Scotland, come back and bloody fight for it. I voted for Independence, but that was before I realised that the SNP is not the party I thought it was supposed to be. Maybe if you lived in this country you would change you mind too.

I have just been told by my 84 years old wife that she was approached by a young man in his early twenties , in a threatening manner.

We had just returned from a shopping trip. We couldn't get parked in front of our house because the street was jam packed with cars. Fortunately, we rent a lock-up, one of a nest of lock-ups across the road. I pulled into the lock-ups entrance and let my wife out. She headed back towards the house. Before she had reached the street, a car, with two young men came into the lock-up driveway at high speed. They were using the driveway to do a three point turn. The car just missed my wife.

She stood on the pavement at the foot of the stairs leading to our house waiting for me. I had a number of parcels to unload.

She now tells me that while she was waiting for me, she heard a loud voice in the distance saying
" I am not standing for that". Then the next thing that happens is that one of the guys in the car, came running towards her, from some 50 yards away, and said to her,

"Hey, what are you staring at me for", leaning into her face. menacingly, My wife kept calm and told him that she was waiting for me coming over from the lock-ups. At that point he muttered something and went back to the car.

These two guys have just recently moved in to the flats next to us. I told my wife that I was going to phone the police, as we had to nip this kind of conduct in the bud. She got upset at that, and said this would cause reprecussions, and implored me to let it go.

My wife has been taken by ambulance to hospital three times in the last two months, where she had scans taken. She was at our local hospital three days ago, and is being referred for more tests.
She is 84, about 5 feet tall, and walks with the aid of a stick. A real tough guy, wasn't he.

So to all of you people who left Scotland years ago, by all means please contribute your memories of Scotland and you life in your adopted countries. Personally, I enjoy them. I can understand that some of you will be affected by Brexit, and have genuine concerns. But please don't call those of us who voted OUT, as being uneducated, racists, etc

When it comes to crime, we are just like you. WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS, WE ARE NOT STATISTICS.
We don't get involved in the crime rates in your adopted countries, so please treat us with the same respect.

Danny Harris

Danny, no one is claiming crime has been eradicated, what pert of "reports of recorded crime" are you having trouble understanding? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 11:37am
Post #20617

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 24th Sep 2017, 11:55pm) *
Ah Tomi, I see you have joined in the shootout, and taking sides no less!

Promise me you won't join the three Amigo's?

Danny

Danny, people are entitled to their own independent thoughts and opinions without "taking sides" we're not in the playground anymore.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 11:46am
Post #20618

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 25th Sep 2017, 10:21am) *
Hello Tomi

Excuse me, but shouldn't you be more concerned about what is happening in Germany, the country you live in? I believe that since the results of the German election were announced, it has highlighted a resurgence in Nationalism.

Danny Harris

Excuse me Danny, but shouldn't you be more concerned with what's happening (or not) with Brexit which you've forced upon us than "another bloody (excuse the pun) referendum" that's not even on the table?

You do realise that your leave vote has "highlighted a resurgence in Nationalism" in the UK?

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 01:13pm
Post #20619

Mega City Key Holder
I am away to the Job Centre to get a typist!

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 02:11pm
Post #20620

Mega City Key Holder
Okay, I am back from the Job Centre. Managed to get a typist, but when I showed her my computer, she said, "What is that thing", pulling a Remington Rand typewriter from its case.

So I am now going to try and answer some of the questions coming in at me from all angles.

First of all a reply to Jagz regarding his identity.

Alistair, I did not ask to see your full name. The point I was making was that I regretted giving my name on this website. For some reason or other, Bilbo claimed I was paranoid, and now you have jumped in, and I will tell you now Jagz you have made one big big big mistake. And all to pal up with Bilbo.

Jagz I worked in prisons for 10 years. Many people think that prisoners are all numpties. No chance.
Some of them were the cleverest people I have ever met, and they proved it in prison, and using computers before the internet came along!

You have given your name, the town you live in, and your date of birth! A scammers dream.These internet scammers are not wee silly laddies. They are organised criminals. My advice to you, is get your bank account, credit card account, and any passwords you have changed now.

Tell you what. I don't want to pry into your personal life, and I don't want to know anything about it.
If you have a wife, tell her you have put your name, etc on the internet. I would stand at the other side of a closed door when you tell her. Make sure the door doesn't have glass panels.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 02:29pm
Post #20621

Mega City Key Holder
Hi again Jagz

I will try and respond to another of your questions, using the Copy and Paste method to post your question here.

So here is your question:

I have never tried to discredit you Danny, but why don't you address what bilbo posted than whether or not he knew the source?

Jagz, I didn't know it had become manditory to answer any question. Bilbo is a master at not answering questions.

So what you are saying is, Bilbo can submit a post, say he doesn't know the source, and it doesn't matter anyway, and tells us to argue about the facts!

What is going on! I've to jump when Bilbo says. Get lost!

I am not interested in trying to establish if what is in an SNP propaganda publication, can be corroborated. What caught my eye, was the statistic for reported crime. What I was interested to know is what is the level of crime in Scotland. Statistics are used to promote the originator.
So if the death of 867 people in one year in Scotland, through drug related deaths (the highest ever recorded), is not mentioned then that is witholding information, and is biased in favour of the SNP.

Jagz, this is not a one party State. We don't live in North Korea. If you want to swallow all the SNP garbage, go ahead.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post

1375 Pages V  « < 1373 1374 1375
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.