Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ruchill
annepat
post 11th Nov 2007, 06:15am
Post #16

Super Visitor
Member No.: 2,300
Hi celtic chic, sorry name doesn't ring a bell, know paul martin, annemarie martin, carole martin, john martin, who are all cousins of carole divers, paul and annemarie are brother and sister and carole and john are brother and sister, was pals with carole for years at school, still see carole martin a lot, used to work with carole when I was a home help, she is still doing it , I left to go and work in Gartnavel Hospital
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
celtic-chic67
post 11th Nov 2007, 02:19pm
Post #17

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,040
Hi Annepat,Annemarie Martin is also my da's cousin,she just stay's accross the road fae him.
Her da & my da's mum where brother & sister.

+Quote Post
*brian_mc_05@hotmail.co.uk*
post 21st Jun 2008, 12:19am
Post #18

all my family and me are from ruchill, some of them worked in the hospital. my great granny (auld granny) was the very first tennent in emerson street, in the old tenements, and the last (i think) before they knocked them down. i lived in 1 barnes road (varanda houses). my dads family all came from 14 arnold street (mclintock) and my mums family all came from 719 bisland drive (the drive). ruchill is a great place and went through a wee bad patch, but now look at it, its lovely. does anyone remember the bull factory and the tennis courts? or simpsons shop?

+Quote Post
*sally mclaren*
post 13th Jul 2008, 11:55pm
Post #19

QUOTE (brian_mc_05@hotmail.co.uk @ 21st Jun 2008, 12:36 AM) *
all my family and me are from ruchill, some of them worked in the hospital. my great granny (auld granny) was the very first tennent in emerson street, in the old tenements, and the last (i think) before they knocked them down. i lived in 1 barnes road (varanda houses). my dads family all came from 14 arnold street (mclintock) and my mums family all came from 719 bisland drive (the drive). ruchill is a great place and went through a wee bad patch, but now look at it, its lovely. does anyone remember the bull factory and the tennis courts? or simpsons shop?

Hi brian, sally here, how are you getting on. hope ok. our grannie was one of the first to live in ruchill. she would not have wanted to live anywhere else. ruchill has changed a lot. but we all have
good memories of living there. I do remember the tennis courts, etc. take care.

+Quote Post
*brian mclintock*
post 16th Aug 2008, 01:50am
Post #20

hi sally are you sally mclarren?

Im brian junior not brian senior, auld maggie was my great granny, who lived on emerson street, the same close a you if your the person i think you are. we lived in 1 Barnes road my mum is cathy, iv got four sisters kelly, claire, charlotte and rebecca. jimmy's my granda, and his son, brian is my dad.

+Quote Post
*brian mclintock*
post 16th Aug 2008, 01:54am
Post #21

hi sally
just reading your message, i am brian mclintock, junior (the good one), brian mclintock is my dad, and his dad was jimmy, who still lives in ruchill, in bisland court. and my mum is cathy, got four sisters kelly, claire, charlotte, and rebecca. my mum and dad also lived in fife for a short tme when they were first married. how are you?

+Quote Post
*Guest SALLY **
post 22nd Aug 2008, 03:10pm
Post #22

QUOTE (brian mclintock @ 16th Aug 2008, 02:58am) *
hi sally
just reading your message, i am brian mclintock, junior (the good one), brian mclintock is my dad, and his dad was jimmy, who still lives in ruchill, in bisland court. and my mum is cathy, got four sisters kelly, claire, charlotte, and rebecca. my mum and dad also lived in fife for a short tme when they were first married. how are you?
Hi Brian, sally mclaren here, so you are Brian junior the good one!.. How is your dad and mum and family, Your dad is my cousin, and your grandad Jimmy is my uncle. Tell them all I am asking for them and hope they are all well. We used to stay in ruchill, 15 Emerson Street, the same close as our Grannie Maggie. Its nice to hear from you. i am fine thanks. take care of yourselves...

+Quote Post
*Sally Mclaren*
post 23rd Aug 2008, 06:41pm
Post #23

QUOTE (brian mclintock @ 16th Aug 2008, 02:58am) *
hi sally

Hi its sally, so you are Brians son, how are you all, hope ok. Your dad is my cousin, and your grandad Jimmy is my uncle. I lived at the same address as our grannie maggie, at 15, Emerson Street. I am fine thanks, Tell the family i am asking for them. nice to hear from you. take care. smile.gif

+Quote Post
mags72
post 25th Jan 2009, 11:41pm
Post #24

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,445
I remember a lot of people mentioned here and love the photo in ruchill park.

We stayed in whitworth st,no 41.
Ruchill was a brill place to grow up (especially our st,lol)

+Quote Post
*audrey*
post 30th Sep 2009, 03:28am
Post #25

QUOTE (CELTCHIC67 @ 16th Oct 2007, 02:13am) *
I had hundreds of relatives that stayed in RUCHILL.There was stevie & mary costello, jean & tommy divers, frank & theresa owens.Tommy and jean stayed in shannon street and they all had big families.does anyone know any of them ? smile.gif

I COME FROM RUCHILL AND KNOW ALL OF YOUR RELATIVES biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
*AUDREY*
post 30th Sep 2009, 03:30am
Post #26

QUOTE (mags72 @ 26th Jan 2009, 12:46am) *
I remember a lot of people mentioned here and love the photo in ruchill park.

We stayed in whitworth st,no 41.
Ruchill was a brill place to grow up (especially our st,lol)

RUCHILL WAS THE BEST, I STAYED AT 62 WHITWORTH STREET tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ruchillboy
post 23rd Jan 2010, 02:26am
Post #27

Visitor
Member No.: 7,941
hi. lived in ruchill myself for many years. Interested in the railways in the ruchill and surrounding areas. Am intersted in particular seeing any photos of the old ruchill railway goods yard which was located in an area bounded by ruchill street and shuna street - closed in mid 60's and used certainly up until 80s as a storage area for empty whiskey barrels. Have looked without success for any photos and would be grateful if any members who have any would post them.

+Quote Post
Lennox
post 29th Jan 2010, 10:19pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,288
QUOTE (ruchillboy @ 23rd Jan 2010, 02:24am) *
hi. lived in ruchill myself for many years. Interested in the railways in the ruchill and surrounding areas. Am intersted in particular seeing any photos of the old ruchill railway goods yard which was located in an area bounded by ruchill street and shuna street - closed in mid 60's and used certainly up until 80s as a storage area for empty whiskey barrels. Have looked without success for any photos and would be grateful if any members who have any would post them.

I think there's a few photo's in the Maryhill topic , Btw weclome to GG

--------------------

You don't have to live next door, to be a friend !

+Quote Post
campsie
post 4th Oct 2010, 11:46pm
Post #29

Super Resident
Member No.: 8,874
I came to live in Ruchill around 1957/58 we lived in a street that had a big green int at the very he front like a triangle at the narrow end there were prefab houses. I cant remember the street name but later moved into Bilsland Dr. just around on the left. Does anyone know the Boll family Mrs Boll was know as Ma Boll she had seven daughters, at home were Betty, Edna Carol and Jean and Evelyn who went to work in America sadly now not with us.
I remember a Billy Currie, Bobby Watson who had a sister Brenda? and Sally Horton, and John Boyle, Franna McMillan, Ownie McCann.

I have some really bad memories but thankfully to the Boll family I have very good ones to.

We kids used to play over the fields on the other side of the railway tracks. I remember the fish and chip shop just before the railway bridge.

I also remember going to the Carrs Keg at Charing X does anyone remember it.

+Quote Post
Yogihughes
post 27th Jan 2011, 05:36pm
Post #30

Visitor
Member No.: 10,297
The place that was a Triangle shape was known as the "Square" and it was bounded by Arnold Street, Emerson Street and Barnes Road.
The prefabs were at the bottom of Barnes Rd and Emerson St.
Occupants when I was there were:-
Harvey
Tyrrell
Gough
Burt
(next one I can't remember)
then the last was Hoskins.
I lived at 3 Barnes Rd. and so did Insch, Haley, Quinn, Craig, McLaughlin and us Hughes's.
I also remember a lot of people from there including the McLintocks. McKennas, Cruikshanks, Bryans, Curries, McArthurs, Lyons.........etc etc.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.