Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ruchazie
Rating 5 V
weelew
post 6th Feb 2012, 09:24pm
Post #16

City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,131
Hi Dave ,i think i remember the Knox's .Joe McMannus i always seemed to think that he was the father of Allan Mcmannus the Scottish snooker player ,he looked so much like him when Joe was younger .I have tried in the past to find out but never had any confirmation of it .It would be good to know .Joe came down to Campbeltown with me and some more guys from Ruchazie when we were about sixteen.We got ourself into some stupid carry ons and were frog marched back on to the Duchess of Hamilton .lol great days ,silly but great .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zascot
post 7th Feb 2012, 07:12am
Post #17

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 612
I think I remember Joe Mcmanus. Was he an electrician and did he spend a few years in South Africa around 1967 to 1970?

--------------------
Take only photos. Leave only footprints. Kill only time.

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 28th Feb 2012, 01:51am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
I was telling my pal Irene McGill about this page ,she lived there before she came to america ,she is back in scotland

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
*george millan*
post 18th Jul 2012, 06:16pm
Post #19

hi there my name is george i lived in cobington place from about 19 60 till about 1969 my freinds were rab mathison tam gallagher james devlin andy ruden davie gault ronnie mcdonald from coby john macdonald and may more if any 1 remambers any of us get in touch eithere on here or millangeo@hotmail.co.uk

+Quote Post
weelew
post 8th May 2013, 10:12pm
Post #20

City Key Holder
Attached Image

Hi ,I stayed in Ruchazie for a number of years from 1959 and went to Ruchazie primary school.I have just came across my old class photo and was wondering if anyone recognises any of my old classmates.If so please get in touch.

+Quote Post
Ruchazie Rat
post 1st Aug 2013, 05:50pm
Post #21

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
Here`s a link to an ex-pat Ruchazian. Checkout some of his old photos. Be warned. Members of an elderly persuasion may get a little teary-eyed as they show some of the old hood being demolished. (I used to play around those streets, Elibank St, Balcombie St, back in the 70`s!)

http://www.scottishtreats.com/ruchazie-and...w-pictures.html

+Quote Post
margie
post 18th Aug 2013, 08:35pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,901
Weelew, I remember you said you went to school with Jim Hutchison, is he in the photo you posted? cheers Margie. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
weelew
post 18th Aug 2013, 09:16pm
Post #23

City Key Holder
Hi margie . To be quite honest I'm not sure who is who. He will be in the photo but I just cant put named to faces it has been so long ago . I was hoping when I posted it that some of the faces would ring a bell ,but had no replies so far .Sorry .

+Quote Post
benny
post 19th Aug 2013, 09:18am
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,059
This is a photo of myself and my youngest sister, Cathie, taken outside the front window of our neighbours - the Patersons - round about 1955/56, at the 5 apartments at Milncroft Road. I had just broken my wrist by hitting the drystane dyke near the old canal bridge at Gartcraig Farm on my tricycle, and my arm was in a sling. (It was actually one of my sisters' headscarves.) The Patersons were Celtic supporters, and you can see a small statue of Charlie Tully sitting in the front window. The shadow inside the house, at the rear, would be Mr Paterson, I think.

I would have been about 7 or 8 years old at the time this photo was taken, and it's the only photo I have of our stay in Ruchazie. I've often wondered what became of all the neighbours and their families. The Banks', the Wilsons, the Dochertys,

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Derea derego fortibus es in aro

+Quote Post
aaron king
post 19th Aug 2013, 10:01am
Post #25

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,776
Hi to all Ruchazie folk ,I an wondering how I never noticed this ruchazie thread before .I have been looking for a good friend of mine from the 70s,He is John Cameron ,John lived at 4 Claypotts road in 1979-80 when I lost contact.we worked in Cuthbertsons music shop ,a great guy and good family man ,he lived in claypotts with his wife Margaret ,daughters Margaret and Ann,mibbe another daughter ?John was a delivery man ,also was well known in the Territorial army in yorkhill ,hope someone knows what became of the family ,

+Quote Post
margie
post 19th Aug 2013, 11:17am
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,901
Hi Weelew, I,v got a funny feeling he could be the one who is in the second row from the top third in on the left as you look at the photo. cheers Margie. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
weelew
post 29th Sep 2013, 10:11pm
Post #27

City Key Holder
Margie , you may well be right the more I look at it.

+Quote Post
*j healy*
post 26th Nov 2013, 01:06pm
Post #28

I lived in Craighouse St no 57, Dukes lived across rd Knox lived next door then moved, then Grahams lived there used to see Web sisters now and then in Glasgow. Great time in Ruchazie wen i was young.

+Quote Post
weelew
post 28th Nov 2013, 11:14pm
Post #29

City Key Holder
Hello J Healy.
I lived in number 15 Craighouse street ,right on the corner of Caprington street .
I remember the Dukes .We must have been there about the same time . thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 29th Nov 2013, 07:44am
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (j healy @ 26th Nov 2013, 03:23pm) *
I lived in Craighouse St no 57, Dukes lived across rd Knox lived next door then moved, then Grahams lived there used to see Web sisters now and then in Glasgow. Great time in Ruchazie wen i was young.

Hi j healy, my wife Josephine Duke would like to know what years you lived in Ruchazie as when she lived there it was the MacManus's that lived next door to the Knox's. I was busy converting an old video into DVD of Mr and Mrs Dukes 50th wedding anniversary last night and saw Mr Webb as one of the guests

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.