Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Priesthill
Rating 5 V
lorraine
post 24th Oct 2003, 03:34pm
Post #31

Unpacking
Member No.: 585
Hello, all you auld yens! Only kidding! I too lived in Priesthill and proud of it. We were the Loves on Corsford Drive---just around the corner from Househillmuir Cres. I lived there from 64--72. I went to St. Roberts, as did my brothers John, Chic, Bernie and Jamie. We also went to Bellarmine. I couldn't believe the last time I was in Pollock and seen that Bellarmine was torn down. I just got back from Govan where I buried my dear brother Chic. To find this page is unbelievable. Especially finding fellow Priesthillians... God bless every one of you --- you have all certainly made my day reading your messages to each other. I noticed that I did not put down a location. I now live in Washington DC with my husband and two grown boys --- it will never be another Scotland, though...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wife_of_sjmac
post 25th Oct 2003, 11:44am
Post #32

Lord Provost
Member No.: 438
Welcome Lorraine. I think you are going to enjoy this board as there are a few here from Priesthill. happy posting. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Jean. Melbourne. Australia.

+Quote Post
priestyned
post 21st Nov 2003, 10:59am
Post #33

Unpacking
Member No.: 657
how yees doin troops.im a modern day priesthillian. i live in new houses not long built on elliston dr. next tae where the water tower was. its good tae see that priesty is a place never to be forgotten.hope im talkin tae y.t.p.troops when old and decrepate. if anyone is lookin for someone who may still be in priesthill am happy to help.
tiny priesty- going strong

+Quote Post
Margaret P
post 21st Nov 2003, 09:49pm
Post #34

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25
Welcome Priestyned is Shilton dr still there I lived there for 7yrs also you lived the same end of Priesthill rd as the O" Brians ', Rose , Lucy did you know them biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
priestyned
post 25th Nov 2003, 01:18pm
Post #35

Unpacking
shilton drive isnt a street antmore its just a walkway linking elliston and glenmuir/cleves.rd.
my gran also lived there
her name was ann brodie back then there was 5 or 6 of them maybe you remember her brothers george or ian he was deaf and dumb because of an accident when he was a child (during the war) my granda was andy bentley (fae the bundy) and there was a tribe of his family aswell. i dont think i know any o`briens on priesthill road but i have friends on that street so ill try to find out as much as poss..

robert..

+Quote Post
Archie Millar
post 25th Nov 2003, 02:04pm
Post #36

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 3
Ma sister still lives in Cleeves Rd No 19 her name is Ferguson

--------------------
am still standin'

--
GG Update:

Sadly Archie passed away in March 2007:

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8646

GG.

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 27th Nov 2003, 12:59pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
Right C'mon Archie ,we need to know the colour of her hair,whit size shoes she wears,does she put salt,in her purridge.How often dis she dae a washin,an dose she dae her sterrs every Friday,afore the Tick man comes , tae find she isnae in. Ye hiv tae gie the wee fella sumpin tae go on,if he is tae find yer sister. biggrin.gif How you setteling back china ,efter your cultural tour of the Dominion.

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
wee sammy
post 27th Nov 2003, 03:27pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 64
does anyone have photos of priesthill love to see them come on folks get them on

+Quote Post
priestyned
post 1st Dec 2003, 10:04am
Post #39

Unpacking
your sister does stay right next to my girlfriends gran.
when i asked my girlfriend she sayed that she knows "wee jean ferguson"

do you know cathrine (rina) phillips or gavin phillips the stay a few doors from your sister.

next time im i talk to rina i will ask her to say hello from you and hello from me.

and if you have lost touch i would be happy to give her your details..

well it really is a small world !!!!

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 1st Dec 2003, 10:32am
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Good on you Ned son,I am sure Archie will be as pleased as punch.You sound like you are in the much younger age group,I still have 3 sisters living in Priesthill,also lots of Nieces and Nephews.Not sure where they all live,but they are Dochertys and Griffins.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
jackie
post 7th Dec 2003, 01:14am
Post #41

Unpacking
Member No.: 696
Hi I lived on Muirshield Cresent from around 1969 to 1977 straight across from Burnbrae School Priesthill has changed a lot since i lived there went to see where i used to live earlier this year what a change!!!! I live in England now have done for 25 years but still visit Glasgow every year. Went to Craigbank and Burnbrae

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 16th Dec 2003, 01:27pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Don't know whit has happened to all my pics of the time I lived in Priesthill.Found this one ,circa 1952, reading from left to right of the pic , Yours truly, Jimmy Docherty, Albert Cusack,John O'Connor,Arthur Forbes,The females are Rena O'Connor ,can't remember the other one.Ring any bells for anyone ??.Was taken at the back of Johns house in Peat Rd,cnr of Priesthill Rd.I know that Albert and Arthur are dead,John married Marie Johnstone ,and went to Sth Africa. You never know someone may relate to the pic . rolleyes.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 9th Jan 2004, 11:05am
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
Think it was you Margaret P that lived in Muirshiel found this tonight.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Macca
post 12th Feb 2004, 09:17pm
Post #44

Unpacking
Member No.: 946
I stayed at 51 Lunderston Drive in the 60s, next door to the Logams. Anyone know what happened to Alec Logan. Also a pal of mine called Kenny Gibson used to stay round there and Eric Mason. Anybody know what they're up to these days.

I went to St.Bernard's school and St.Robert's church and I hated Father Burns. Used to shout at us for being late to mass.

Anyone remember (or know) Matthew McPhee, used to stay on Pinmore Place, Nitshill? Me and him was best pals. No seen him since the 1970s.

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 12th Feb 2004, 10:58pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Macca .auld Burns sure wis a bugger Eh! Gave me many a clip behind the ear for no knowin,ma Catechism.Even when I was gettin merrit he asked ma a couple of questions,still never knew the answers,Said to me " your are still a heathen James". Margaret P on the boards here, went to St Bernards,she might know you.
Welcome tae the boards ,nice bunch of people. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.