Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hamiltonhill
stuarty
post 19th Jun 2009, 10:06pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
my pal helen murphy who am on my holidays is from hamilton hill there was a big tribe of weans her ma cathy worked in a bakers and her da died very young we are having a great time helen looks great a will put a pic up when a get home as am still cruising on the bay of buisque bolk not me laugh.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zhivagos
post 20th Nov 2009, 01:38am
Post #17

Unpacking
Member No.: 3,458
I Was Born And Brought Up In Hamiltonhill, I Knew Mr & Mrs Divers They Lived Above My Gran In The Same Close.
Here Is A Funny Thing About That Close... It Was The Last To Get The Cladding On The Front Of It.
There Was A Mad Woman With Lots Of Animals In Her House, Who Lived 1 Up Would Chase The Guys Doing It lol.
Great Times There Just A Pity GHA Had To Turn It Into The Jungle Part 2.

+Quote Post
possilboy
post 28th Dec 2009, 01:16am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,212
a wee photo of hamilton hill

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
*Marion Healy*
post 2nd Aug 2010, 02:49pm
Post #19

QUOTE (Marion Niven Dougan @ 23rd Apr 2007, 02:03pm) *
Ma Aunt Jenny Divers lived there, canny mind the st though. I lived at the Mosshouse jist doon the hill fae Hamiltonhill. A think ma Granny Drummond hud family there Mc Killops???

Hi, I was born up 40 Bonhill Street. My mother was very friendly with Jenny. Jenny had 2 daughters, Fanny and Mary. Fanny had a son David and lived I think in Caldarvan Street, at the top. Mary was pals with my sister babs. Mary's boyfriend lodged for a while with my granny Mac who lived one up at 15. Jenny, her husband and the girls lived next close to my granny so that would be no.13 I think.

I think Mary married the boyfriend who lodged with my granny but I can't remember his name now. Mary was a fun loving person and I can still hear her unique laugh, memories memories. Hope this helps. Are you in America now?

+Quote Post
yingying
post 10th Sep 2011, 02:39am
Post #20

Settling In
Member No.: 11,584
HIYA i lived in hamiltonhill @ 57 Auckland Street throughout the 80s i moved in with my inlaws and forgot to leave they were the DAVIDSONs MAY and ANDY i married theyre daughter MARY 3 of our sons were born while we were there they are JOSEPH Jnr CHRIS @ ANDREW we moved to CARBETH STwhere our 4th son THOMAS was born everyone called him FANG then moved to ARDOCH ST after a few years we moved to IRVINE where we remain to this day if anyone knows us give us a shout hope to hear from yous soon JOE HEREs TAE US WHAs LIKE US GIE FEW AN THEYRE A DEID

+Quote Post
pattotap
post 31st Oct 2013, 11:06am
Post #21

Unpacking
Member No.: 25,815
hi all I lived in Denham st No 23 pat scott is the name I remember the shaws and the grimes the browns the bennetts and the fitzgeralds and the boyles who lived up the same close. I was up there in april the shock of seeing what it looks like now nearly brought me to tears. the swing park where we had many happy hours spent playing football it's a complete nightmare everything is opposite from what it was, the railings are still there we use to walk on them all the way round. I went to st cuthies. I lived in hamiltonhill 1951 till about 1963 then went living in killearn st possilpark

+Quote Post
*deborah*
post 10th Mar 2015, 09:21am
Post #22

I went to Saracen in the late 60. We lived at 2 Aukland Street.

We came back from Canada, there was lots of us living there, my brother Joe, Harry, Jack, Terry and me Deborah Mc Goldrick and my cousins Clifford, Elizabeth and Jaqueline Stirling.

I know it sounds like a lot for todays standard, but we lived well.

+Quote Post
*deborah*
post 10th Mar 2015, 09:22am
Post #23

On vacation I went back home. We stayed at my aunties house in Hamiltonhill.

I remember one night we were taking a taxi for in town to Glasgow
we gave him the address, he said "oh the posh side of Possil".

+Quote Post
Dissy
post 13th Apr 2016, 09:29am
Post #24

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,846
I am looking for my mothers family who lived in Hamiltonhill in the late 40's and 50's their name was Nutt who was my mothers cousin any information would be great to recieve

+Quote Post
Dissy
post 14th Apr 2016, 04:47pm
Post #25

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,846
QUOTE (Dissy @ 13th Apr 2016, 10:37am) *
I am looking for my mothers family who lived in Hamiltonhill in the late 40's and 50's their name was Nutt who was my mothers cousin any information would be great to recieve
I have just been informed NUTT family stayed in Appleby Street

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.