Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Garthamlock
*nina mccormick*
post 26th May 2009, 09:21pm
Post #16

tongue.gif hi name nina i was born in glasgow brought up in garthamlock tillycairn rd lived wi ma gran in granda uncles james paul in allan moved away when i was 17 moved to craigend i loved grown up there went to gt high wish it was still standing tillycairn rd that is lol xx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
captain
post 2nd May 2010, 03:21am
Post #17

Unpacking
Member No.: 7,801
lived in garthamlock 13yrs.went the nog school.stayed in inverlochy st.

+Quote Post
beth
post 2nd May 2010, 03:11pm
Post #18

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 8,349
I have lost touch with my daddy's family. His one brother, Patrick Bennett lived in Tattershall Road

+Quote Post
*Carol Goddard/Dunn*
post 23rd Jul 2010, 08:20am
Post #19

Hi Alex Arundel. Do you remember me? - Carol Dunn and I lived at 43 Tillycairn Rd, bottom floor, from 1955 until 1965. I now live in New Zealand and I am looking for my friend Carol Arnold, now Carol Purves. Do you remember anyone who might know her?. If anyone would like to talk to me about those days in Garthamlock email me at "rocke316@xtra.co.nz"

+Quote Post
*thomaswilson*
post 4th Aug 2010, 07:37am
Post #20

QUOTE (nina mccormick @ 26th May 2009, 10:31pm) *
tongue.gif hi name nina i was born in glasgow brought up in garthamlock tillycairn rd lived wi ma gran in granda uncles james paul in allan moved away when i was 17 moved to craigend i loved grown up there went to gt high wish it was still standing tillycairn rd that is lol xx

Nina my name is Thoma wilson lived at 88 tillycairn rd with my gran Mary Wales and my cousin James wales, I think i used to be freinds with Paul Mcormick, im 45 now he would be the same age, I am Now living in Cape Town South Africa.

+Quote Post
**jojo**
post 7th Oct 2010, 10:11pm
Post #21

i lived in gar t most of my childhood went 2 the nog then the greg
My dad was an ambulance man and wensomeone was hurt it was always oor door in inverlochy st they came to.My wee ma god rest her was the weejannie in kincardine nurseryfor years. alli can say is i had agreat time in garthamlock there was always plenty of us out playing chap door runaway kick the can n hide n seek bet we annoyed afew of the neighbours though.

+Quote Post
dizzybint
post 22nd Oct 2010, 09:12am
Post #22

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
Hate the place with a passion, nothing but bad memories there when my wee mammy and myself were forced out to live there from Brigton as there were no houses here for us at that time.. I had terrible neighbours and have written about all this on the Tachras site under Maude..

+Quote Post
bs1966
post 25th Dec 2011, 12:21pm
Post #23

Visitor
Member No.: 12,257
Guys, does anyone have any pictures of Binns Road, Garthamlock from the late 50's/60s ideally the top of Binns Road at Bavelaw St, a long shot but worth a try, I lived at number 15.

bs

+Quote Post
*ajcurran*
post 19th Jun 2012, 11:38pm
Post #24

hislimer. i was in tattershall road 1978-1980 when i was 14 and stayed with my granny curran..a few bad but mostly good memories. it made me who i amtoday. that road is the only past home that makes me smile today..mental but real...i have lived in folkestone near dover england for 30 years now..i love it but miss the old town..angie

+Quote Post
*tom munro*
post 5th Jul 2012, 12:41am
Post #25

QUOTE (nina mccormick @ 26th May 2009, 10:36pm) *

Did you have any relation called COLIN, ANN ,CATHERINE, ALEC AND ROSINA.

+Quote Post
oscarmotz
post 13th Apr 2013, 08:33pm
Post #26

Unpacking
Member No.: 17,990
I had cousins who lived at No 9 Binns road they were called William and Mary Sallie they had two girls Margaret and Maureen,then i think they moved to Longston Road Cranhill and had a son called Stephen Sallie.But lost touch with them many years ago i don't know if stephen stayed in Garthamlock after his parents died.

+Quote Post
*Jack Docherty*
post 1st May 2013, 01:10pm
Post #27

QUOTE (ajcurran @ 19th Jun 2012, 11:55pm) *
hislimer. i was in tattershall road 1978-1980 when i was 14 and stayed with my granny curran..a few bad but mostly good memories. it made me who i amtoday. that road is the only past home that makes me smile today..mental but real...i have lived in folkestone near dover england for 30 years now..i love it but miss the old town..angie

Hi there just read your post about G-arT i stayed in tatty as we called it think i remember you angie we all hung about together round the backs and doon the school we used to hang about wae a guy john fallon me and him were best buds then my names jack doc does any that ring a bell angie the auld gar-t is away now but tattys still there always wee jack THE T-Y-R Will always live on.

+Quote Post
*James rodgers*
post 14th Mar 2014, 03:50am
Post #28

QUOTE (Jack Docherty @ 1st May 2013, 01:27pm) *
Hi there just read your post about G-arT i stayed in tatty as we called it think i remember you angie we all hung about together round the backs and doon the school we used to hang about wae a guy john fallon me and him were best buds then my names jack doc does any that ring a bell angie the auld gar-t is away now but tattys still there always wee jack THE T-Y-R Will always live on.

+Quote Post
**gibbons**
post 16th May 2014, 12:59pm
Post #29

QUOTE (Mc.Groarty @ 31st Mar 2009, 08:26pm) *
We lived at No. 62 Binns Road for many a year!!

My dad lived on Binns Road late 50's early 60s, John Gibbons.

+Quote Post
*Daniel ferguson*
post 15th Apr 2015, 11:07am
Post #30

I lived in Garthamlock from around 1960 till 1967 when we emigrated to Australia. I am writing a story of my childhood for my children. I lived with mum, dad and 6 brothers and sisters. Went to primary and high school before emigrating. Anyone remember the Fergusons?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.