Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Easterhouse
Rating 5 V
GG
post 17th Mar 2007, 05:28pm
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Please post your memories of this Glasgow district here...Easterhouse

Were you born here? Did you grow up here?
Did you visit your aunt here? ...or your children?
Was your first home here? Were your children born here?
Did you shop here? Was your favourite cinema here?
Did you go to church here? Was your favourite pub here?
Did you 'romance' here? Did you go to school here?
Do you have a photograph from here?

Come on let us know and immortalise your memories here...Easterhouse

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
big karen
post 10th Oct 2007, 08:21pm
Post #2

Unpacking
Member No.: 2,433
Hey hey, am the first one here...grew up in Easterhouse Road and we moved along the Swordale Place cause they were making them all into Barratt houses...woohoo, our old house was the new show house for them...went to Rogerfield Primary in 1978 and moved to Swordale Place in 79 or 80, then went to Easthall Primary school. I used to sell my Evening Times papers up at the shopping centre and we used to get them aff Big Chic in the next street, he also used to buy everybody's fag coupons, for bloody pennies when you think about now...lol
We used to play all the games in the street and you were probably only ever bothered with Sams mobile grocery van in the street, can't really rememeber many cars, well no in my street anyway..
Used to play houses in the closes and the big ones would make swings wae rope at the huge trees round the back...man they were the days...went back recently and it has totally changed, everything just looks so small, but hey maybe it's just that i've got bigger...went to secondary school in Bailleston (Bannerman High) and I used to love the woalk through the fields to Bailleston, hey another sign o the times cause there all houses as well...
Happy Days...Hope this finds ya Smiling.

+Quote Post
betty2
post 11th Oct 2007, 12:56am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 56
Worked as a clippie oan the 211 bus fae easterhoose intae buchanan st bus station. Took the early mornin cleaners an am talkin early 5am in the mornin these wimmen made their way intae the city centre tae their various places o work. Also the men who worked in the fruit market at blochairn,. Then later on the shop and office workers , finishing off ma mornin shift drappin the weans at school. Great days and good hard workin people

still here in glesca

--------------------
still here in glesca

+Quote Post
Marion Niven Dou...
post 11th Oct 2007, 01:21pm
Post #4

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,715
I lived in Dunskaith Place in1962 a really nice place at that time. Would not go anywhere near it now !!

+Quote Post
gallowgategal
post 13th Oct 2007, 06:05pm
Post #5

Settling In
Member No.: 4,498
QUOTE (Marion Niven Dougan @ 11th Oct 2007, 02:38 PM) *
I lived in Dunskaith Place in1962 a really nice place at that time. Would not go anywhere near it now !!

I lived in 25 Dunskaith St (corner of Dungeonhill Rd) from birth ie 1961 until 1973. I loved my childhood in Easterhouse biggrin.gif

--------------------
Have I missed anything ??? ???

+Quote Post
halfpint
post 25th Oct 2007, 09:50pm
Post #6

Unpacking
Member No.: 5,089
QUOTE (Marion Niven Dougan @ 11th Oct 2007, 01:38 PM) *

I was brought up in Dunskaith Place from 1958, until 1975, i still return to visit my best friend ,who lives in the area, i loved my childhood there,though i would not like to live there now. smile.gif

+Quote Post
andypisces
post 25th Oct 2007, 11:26pm
Post #7

City Key Holder
Member No.: 21
Well that is now four of us lived in dunskaith place . i lived in number five the same close as marion . Vaguely recall her but i am so much younger than she is.....andra wink.gif

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 26th Oct 2007, 12:12am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
halfpint
post 26th Oct 2007, 09:07am
Post #9

Unpacking
QUOTE (andypisces @ 25th Oct 2007, 11:43 PM) *
Well that is now four of us lived in dunskaith place . i lived in number five the same close as marion . Vaguely recall her but i am so much younger than she is.....andra wink.gif

we lived in number 10 bottom left .sure folk will remember the family with all those weans wink.gif

+Quote Post
andypisces
post 26th Oct 2007, 12:34pm
Post #10

City Key Holder
Member No.: 21
och you were probably some o' the kids that used tae play oan ma scooter rolleyes.gif .....andra

+Quote Post
Marion Niven Dou...
post 26th Oct 2007, 05:21pm
Post #11

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,715
Hi Andra, am gonna murder you. Halfpint, whit's yer name?? where's nu,ber 10 a canny mind, wiz that the close the Rennies lived in? Dae ye know Magaret Reid, she sent me a nasty email through friends reunited, my sister dictated it and she sent it. Not supposed to do that. I contacted the Abuse Manager she is now of Friends reunited

+Quote Post
halfpint
post 26th Oct 2007, 09:43pm
Post #12

Unpacking
QUOTE (Marion Niven Dougan @ 26th Oct 2007, 05:38 PM) *
Hi Andra, am gonna murder you. Halfpint, whit's yer name?? where's nu,ber 10 a canny mind, wiz that the close the Rennies lived in? Dae ye know Magaret Reid, she sent me a nasty email through friends reunited, my sister dictated it and she sent it. Not supposed to do that. I contacted the Abuse Manager she is now of Friends reunited

YEP!! KNEW THE RIEDS , THOUGH MARGARET YOUNGER THAN ME KATHIE AND I USED TO GO ABOUT AT ONE TIME (EASTERHOUSE PROJECT ) OH HAPPY DAYS , IM MARIE ROBERTSON THE SHY ONE OFF THE ROBERTSON CLAN. YES IT WAS NUMBER 10! THE RENNIES STAYED , JOE DELIA,AND A YOUNGER SISTER WHOS NAME FORGET, MY BROTHER WENT AROUND WITH JOE AND ALKIE MURRAY, HE LIVED AT NO8. I LIVE IN HOLLAND HAVE DONE SINCE 1999, THOUGH I GET BACK HOME OFTEN WEANS @ GRANDWEANS THERE.

+Quote Post
halfpint
post 26th Oct 2007, 09:50pm
Post #13

Unpacking
QUOTE (andypisces @ 26th Oct 2007, 12:51 PM) *
och you were probably some o' the kids that used tae play oan ma scooter rolleyes.gif .....andra

WE PROBABLY DID!!! CAUSE I DONT REMEMBER ANY OFF US HAVING A BIKE OR A SCOOTER tongue.gif I ALSO WORKED IN MOIRS THE PAPER SHOP AT THE SWEETY COUNTER, A LIFETIME AGO

+Quote Post
sandy36
post 14th Dec 2007, 01:06pm
Post #14

Visitor
Member No.: 4,186
moved to easterhouse when i was about 5 lived in 1 buchlyvie st ,went to blairtummock primary.what a blast from the past, i was up there for an interview at john wheatlly college and i couldnt believe the changes!
the old flat is no longer there but the school is .
moved to ruchazie when i was about 8 or 9 was unbelievably worse than easterhouse for gang fights and stuff!

+Quote Post
olly12
post 11th Nov 2008, 09:31pm
Post #15

Visitor
Member No.: 6,105
my family were one of the first to move into dunskaith st we lived in no 14 we stayed their untill they decied to demolish them we had a lot of great memories it was really good back then,i went back a lot of years later it brought back a lot of old times sad /happyif i could turn back the clock,yes i wouldwill never forget it .

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.