Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

23 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drumchapel
Dave Grieve
post 11th Jun 2016, 03:17pm
Post #316

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Welcome to the board patricianne43 I think you will find we are not such a bad bunch. You are far away from Drumchapel by the looks of it biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Mairi Benton*
post 14th Jul 2016, 08:41am
Post #317

I lived at 58 Drumore Road when I was born in 1969. I lived there with my older brother and my Mum & Dad whose surname was Baxter. We lived there until 1977 when we moved to the new Riverside scheme in Govan. I remember Summerhill Primary very well and my older brother used to wave at me through the fence from the high school behind it! I think there was something special about growing up in the Drum then – I remember a feeling of a great community and playing in the back court , playing marbles on the stank! Did you know the McGloan’s who also lived in Drumore Road?

+Quote Post
**Joan**
post 21st Aug 2016, 04:10pm
Post #318

Just came across this site and I lived in Kinfauns, the singing dentist mentioned in post Oct 2011 was in fact Alasdair Gillies.

+Quote Post
**Gordon**
post 27th Aug 2016, 01:28pm
Post #319

I had a good friend from Drumchapel, Mick Rosselli, lost contact with him many years ago.

+Quote Post
27stowst
post 27th Aug 2016, 02:21pm
Post #320

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,716
Still trying to find Cathy McGregor who would be in her early 70's now. She was a conductress on Alexander's blue buses working out of Milngavie depot in the 60s. I know she had one daughter late 60s. My sister Ann Thomson has been searching for years with no luck. Just though I'd give this one last shot. 😃

--------------------
Slainte Mhor

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 27th Aug 2016, 07:12pm
Post #321

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (*Gordon* @ 27th Aug 2016, 03:28pm) *
I had a good friend from Drumchapel, Mick Rosselli, lost contact with him many years ago.

Don't know what generation Mick is but 50 years ago I was good friends with Francis Rosseli but more especially her husband John Cassidy I believe they lived next door to each other in Southdeen road.
Now divorced apparently John lives somewhere in Maryhill

+Quote Post
jimmy gee
post 28th Aug 2016, 11:19am
Post #322

Settling In
Member No.: 3,646
hi gordon i worked at the window cleaning with john cassidy back in the sixties pushing the ladders on a barrow sadly john and francis are no longer wih us

+Quote Post
joycejacqueline
post 20th Sep 2016, 06:58pm
Post #323

Unpacking
Member No.: 33,391
QUOTE (Mairi Benton @ 14th Jul 2016, 09:41am) *
I lived at 58 Drumore Road when I was born in 1969. I lived there with my older brother and my Mum & Dad whose surname was Baxter. We lived there until 1977 when we moved to the new Riverside scheme in Govan. I remember Summerhill Primary very well and my older brother used to wave at me through the fence from the high school behind it! I think there was something special about growing up in the Drum then – I remember a feeling of a great community and playing in the back court , playing marbles on the stank! Did you know the McGloan’s who also lived in Drumore Road?

l had cousins who stayed up the same close as the mcgloans...my sister went about with Katy mcgloans. ..my cousins were Robertson and also feller man's from further down Drummore Rd. ..my cousins went to St plus. ...but l went to kingsridge ...my sister was married to Harry devaney ..

+Quote Post
joycejacqueline
post 20th Sep 2016, 07:31pm
Post #324

Unpacking
QUOTE (Bryan campbell Bre @ 24th May 2014, 12:35am) *
The drum was best days of my life grew up in Kerry Place then teenage years air gold oh sum1 turn back time. lol

we lived at 30 Inchfad drive kerry place was just at the back of us...l remember we used to play at racing one ran down to the lane at the school then up to kerry place while the other ran the opposite way...l remember the older guys built a den in the field in front under the sandpit and we used to go in it when they were at work it had a a board with old carpet on top and the would put the sand over it so as no one knew it was there. ..lol....then the field got built up and flattened...before that it had a big Hill. ..well it seemed like a big Hill across from the back of the doctors surgery and across from our close and we used to get a breadboard and slide down it...we used to jump off the we building at the top of the lane on to a mattress...by god we didn't have fear in us...l remember we had seasons for everything ...scraps Chinese ropes skipping ropes balls marbles.. l lost a book of scraps in between the walls when they built the wee youth block in kingsridge ...me and my pals were climbing in and out the half built building when my book fell between the brickwork ....wonder who found them when it got knocked down...l remember going down to play the putting at the park near the supermarket then go to play in the park then about a hundred weans would all try and get on the spiders Web and ones wld be inside pushing it and you used to shout that's the sick way...gosh I'm enjoying this reminiscing ...when l got a bit older l hung about up the hill...and when l was 17 we moved to Lennoxtown. ...l went to Drumry primary and then Kingsridge. ..we were always getting the belt bcos we would run through the boys gate over the pitch to the girls side and get caught...those were the days....by the way my name was Joyce Martin back then

+Quote Post
**Dan**
post 1st Oct 2016, 06:03am
Post #325

Lived at no 21 Sherwood place, till 1969 got married.

It was that cold in winter mum woke us up for school in morning with a blow lamp on our nose.

+Quote Post
**Alastair**
post 15th Oct 2016, 04:26pm
Post #326

Hi All

Name is Alastair Irvine

Ive just come across this forum and it has brought back a lot of memories .

My Family moved to the " Drum " in about 1965 where i attended Cleddans Primary School with my younger sister Kim . I only have fond memories of my time there . I was also a member of 221 Boys Brigade . We lived at No 12 Katewell . Following Cleddans i then moved on to Kingsridge . We then moved down south to England in about 1973 . My mum is called Sadie and worked at the whiskey bond . Her best friend at the time was a lady called Jessie Aitken . ( unfortunately i recall a while back that her son Roddy and his wife were the victims of a vicious murder !! . Anyway i can also recall my first love .... a lovely lassie called Morag Curran !

+Quote Post
joycejacqueline
post 15th Oct 2016, 06:55pm
Post #327

Unpacking
QUOTE (*Alastair* @ 15th Oct 2016, 05:26pm) *
Hi All

Name is Alastair Irvine

Ive just come across this forum and it has brought back a lot of memories .

My Family moved to the " Drum " in about 1965 where i attended Cleddans Primary School with my younger sister Kim . I only have fond memories of my time there . I was also a member of 221 Boys Brigade . We lived at No 12 Katewell . Following Cleddans i then moved on to Kingsridge . We then moved down south to England in about 1973 . My mum is called Sadie and worked at the whiskey bond . Her best friend at the time was a lady called Jessie Aitken . ( unfortunately i recall a while back that her son Roddy and his wife were the victims of a vicious murder !! . Anyway i can also recall my first love .... a lovely lassie called Morag Curran !

Hi Alastair. ..l went to school with Anne Aitken and l went about with Sylvia Moffat ..who lived the top of Inchfad. ..l remember hanging about at the phone box on the corner of Katewell and Achamore Rd. ..l only saw this site recently too and it brought back memories. ..lol

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 20th Nov 2016, 12:18pm
Post #328

Looking for my old buddy from Waverley and Southdeen JIM RODGERS any help accepted.

+Quote Post
kenb
post 25th Mar 2017, 01:03am
Post #329

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
still looking for my buddy JIM RODGERS FROM WAVERLEY AND SOUTHDEEN

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
*Doreen*
post 17th May 2017, 07:53pm
Post #330

QUOTE (joycejacqueline @ 15th Oct 2016, 06:55pm) *
Hi Alastair. ..l went to school with Anne Aitken and l went about with Sylvia Moffat ..who lived the top of Inchfad. ..l remember hanging about at the phone box on the corner of Katewell and Achamore Rd. ..l only saw this site recently too and it brought back memories. ..lol

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.