Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cranhill
Rating 5 V
CAT
post 27th Mar 2008, 10:35am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,390
Hi Lindamac,
You'll be pleased to no Bellrock crescent has been re-born. The local housing association have built some lovely new homes there as well as on Bellrock street,Startpoint street and surrounding streets. They are lovely homes but sadley not all of the residents appreciate them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gardenqueen
post 27th Mar 2008, 02:37pm
Post #17

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,280
The memories! I used to go out with a boy who lived in Crowlin Crescent (I think). His name was Dave McWilliams. This was way back in the early 70s. Not sure what happened to him. I often wonder what happened to my exes.

GQ

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 27th Mar 2008, 03:37pm
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
I had an aunt who lived at 93 Crolin Cres.Mary Hutchieson, top flat. I remember she had a fantastic view. There was two son's George and Gordon. They would be in their 60's now.Anyone remember them?

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada

+Quote Post
Mhoira
post 20th Jun 2008, 08:51pm
Post #19

Super Resident
Member No.: 5,797
MY first post & only to say how insulted I feel ...I am MHOIRA SCOTT lindamac referres to .I was 16 and I dont know about you linda but I WAS smitten ...how were you with your first boyfriend . Yes it was stupid ,but I certainly do not remember calling him up to ask him to go back with me even if I did I would not be the first nor the last to ever do so . BUT glad I could give you something to laugh at smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mhoira
post 22nd Jun 2008, 11:20am
Post #20

Super Resident
Member No.: 5,797
Oh just to say his mates name was not stuart minta it was Stuart Munro and got called Minta.

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 25th Jun 2008, 04:04am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
QUOTE (kidsmom @ 20th Jun 2008, 09:08 PM) *
MY first post & only to say how insulted I feel ...I am MHOIRA SCOTT lindamac referres to .I was 16 and I dont know about you linda but I WAS smitten ...how were you with your first boyfriend . Yes it was stupid ,but I certainly do not remember calling him up to ask him to go back with me even if I did I would not be the first nor the last to ever do so . BUT glad I could give you something to laugh at smile.gif

Theres no need to get tetchy there Mhoira Scott nor to get insulted since after all you are imortalised in GG forever as someone whom loved a good man & there is never any shame in trying to get a loved one back especialy if you are as you say "smitten' lets not get all shirty about the past & just recall these things with a wee laugh .I think you are way too serious & big wow you recalled Minters name good on ya!Grow up & get over it it is just some silly chitchat over small things of the past ,I laughed at the past not specifically at you but hey if the shoe fits I suppose. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie

+Quote Post
hopalong cassidy
post 21st Sep 2008, 07:34pm
Post #22

Visitor
Member No.: 3,490
I lived at 87 Crowlin Crescent (John Cassidy) (Top flat) till 1983 went to St Gregory's from 1972 -1976

+Quote Post
drunkstate
post 4th Nov 2008, 10:40pm
Post #23

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,192
i moved to cranhill in 1977, from govanhill. im still here and tho at times i hate it , i wouldnt swap it for anything else :)gottta say when we moved, i was , like 7 years old so i have spent the past 31 years here biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
weelew
post 4th Nov 2008, 11:46pm
Post #24

City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,131
I had some mates who moved from Ruchazie to Cranhill called Raeburn ,four brothers and three sisters.

+Quote Post
*leafy*
post 11th Dec 2008, 11:10pm
Post #25

Hi

Does anyone remember Rooney's from cranhill in the 70's? I know they lived in bellrock st in '77
Any info would be appreciated

+Quote Post
leafy
post 11th Dec 2008, 11:19pm
Post #26

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,300
Hi
Was doing a google search for cranhill and came across this board, hope u all dont mind me dropping in smile.gif
I been trying to get some info on any Rooney's that lived in cranhill in the 70's if anyone has any info I'd be most apprciated I can explain more in pm/email rather than a public board.
Cheers

+Quote Post
Alec05
post 2nd Jan 2009, 11:49am
Post #27

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,270
Started my bricklaying apprenticeship 1952 top end of Bellrock Street ( @ Watertower). Lived, Fastnet Street, across from the the field, we played football every night and Saturdays and Sundays. That would be from about 1949. Till the school got built years later . Worked on the houseing sites Ruchazie, Gartamloch and would walk along the canal bank to them, that was the top of the Sugarolly Mountains .Where you walked towards where Easterhouse is now , there were quite a lot of small holdings wher you could purchase eggs.

+Quote Post
wee yin
post 28th Jan 2009, 11:53am
Post #28

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,464
wee yin here,
got locked out so had to join again i wis the big yin before,lived in 90 fastnet st till 1974 the moved to australia nsw bleeding hot place used to go to milncroft and cranhill sec in starpoint st anybody from that era aboot the place it would be nice tae hear from ye.

+Quote Post
*tam mc manus*
post 31st Mar 2009, 01:08pm
Post #29

we went o cranhill in 1965 and stayed at 124 bellrock st have many great mems from that time my brothers were george mick gerry we all went to the mody and the greg and played with boys guild football team.i can remember david marshall jim mc lean bobby russell .chris burns john boyel paul mc carter john veich cambell adamson john tennant joe rafferty.had my first pint in the daliada

+Quote Post
mad mac
post 31st Mar 2009, 01:48pm
Post #30

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,729
fond memories of the60 and70 in sunny cranhill there was always things to do i also have some sad ones as well a pal called gerald boylan killed crossing the road eric raffery killed going home from work annmarie boyle and the wee boy sheridan killed by a druk driver at starpoint st.these have stuck in my mind for a long time

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.