Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cowcaddens
**Annie**
post 13th Apr 2016, 08:46pm
Post #436

Hi my mum lived in Edington Street which I understand was a play street in Cowcaddens. She lived in the tenements there. Does anyone have any photos of that street ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Helen Ringrose*
post 10th Jul 2016, 07:30pm
Post #437

I lived at 53 Wemyss Street with my gran Helen Aitken until she died 1947 then went to live in Stow Street apparently it was an empty building and our neighbours and us were "squatters". I remember going to the garage at the top of the street for paraffin for our lamp. There was an arcade with shops at the top of the streets that took you through to Renfrew Street I think and the back end of Marks and Spencers.

+Quote Post
**elizabeth**
post 11th Apr 2017, 04:03am
Post #438

QUOTE (Heather @ 28th Sep 2010, 09:35pm) *
Charlotte, Gracie Fanning did not go to St. Josephs she was not Catholic, she went to a school at the top of Dobbies Loan.
I remember when we had a Holy Day of Obligation, some of us would walk Gracie and Gina McMurdie back to school after dinner time.

I have a vague memory of Costello's living in our close in Sawfield Place and remember the names she mentioned.

My family were the Currans and we lived on the 1st floor right above the close and next door to the Sweeny's

+Quote Post
margie
post 13th Apr 2017, 11:09am
Post #439

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,901
Hi does anyone remember if Gizzies Cafe was in Garscube road? cheers Margie.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th Apr 2017, 01:15pm
Post #440

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Margie Gizzies was on the Garscube Road, just around the corner from Burnside Street. Spent many happy times in there .

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
margie
post 19th Apr 2017, 06:42am
Post #441

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,901
DannyH, I remember going in there a few times in the early sixties. cheers Margie.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.