Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blackhill
*TJM Kids*
post 8th Sep 2009, 01:17am
Post #16

QUOTE (floydian @ 13th Aug 2008, 02:19am) *
I lived in Blackhill when i was a young boy about 4yrs old then moved to a place called twechar my mum and dad lived in blackhill for many years the family nams('s) are hanlon and mooney we lived in craigend muir street number 9 i remember only one family from there their name was agnes and john trimble they where good family friends agnes is my godmother but not seen any of the family for yrs dont know if they are still living or not but anyway thats it.

W
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*TJM Kid*
post 8th Sep 2009, 01:18am
Post #17

QUOTE (floydian @ 13th Aug 2008, 02:19am) *
I lived in Blackhill when i was a young boy about 4yrs old then moved to a place called twechar my mum and dad lived in blackhill for many years the family nams('s) are hanlon and mooney we lived in craigend muir street number 9 i remember only one family from there their name was agnes and john trimble they where good family friends agnes is my godmother but not seen any of the family for yrs dont know if they are still living or not but anyway thats it.

What year did you live there? My parents moved to Canada in 1972 so they were at 11 Craigendmuir before we moved.

+Quote Post
*Theresa McLea*
post 8th Sep 2009, 01:50am
Post #18

QUOTE (GG @ 28th May 2009, 09:56pm) *
Posted by Mikael726 via the report button bu mistake:

+Quote Post
*Theres aMcLean*
post 8th Sep 2009, 01:52am
Post #19

QUOTE (GG @ 28th May 2009, 09:56pm) *
Posted by Mikael726 via the report button bu mistake:

Are you the same Michael that played football with my brother Kenny McLean

+Quote Post
christoff
post 24th Sep 2009, 10:24am
Post #20

Unpacking
Member No.: 7,502
QUOTE (Guest @ 6th Jan 2009, 12:31pm) *
hi all
i lived in blackhill all my young days ,went to primary and secondary school there,which was riddrie primry and smithycroft sec,wasnt it jus the best lol, we were a family of 7 lived in drumpellier st ,go ha aguess who i am ........

have you anything tod with rammy davis good pal of mine i am chris carlin

+Quote Post
Mikael726
post 25th Sep 2009, 09:20am
Post #21

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,973
QUOTE (Theres aMcLean @ 8th Sep 2009, 02:57am) *
Are you the same Michael that played football with my brother Kenny McLean

Yes, I am the. very man. Kenny and I were great mates when in our late teens ,early twenties.
I was very upset when I heard about Kenny's fall and subsequent death. I attended the funeral. A very sad day indeed.

On another note, I remember you too . You were the artist weren't you and you have gone to live in the USA if my memory is correct. If it is you ,I would like to say a massive HELLO to you and I hope life is good to you.

+Quote Post
*orange peel*
post 21st Oct 2009, 01:49pm
Post #22

my maw & da were brought up in blackhill , they met in "the provy" the night celtic won the european cup, my ma is a mccrimmon from 59 craigendmuir street & my da was a mclean from 14 queenslie st, my granda was neily mccrimmon the hawker if anyone can tell me any stories about him that would be great. i still live in blackhill with my wife & wean. go here 4 old blackhill tales http://www.stephaniepiro.com/fc290.htm

+Quote Post
*michelle mclean*
post 15th Nov 2009, 06:01pm
Post #23

QUOTE (patricia mcdade @ 20th Aug 2009, 09:48am) *
Hi all I was born in 1973, me and my brothers Frany and JoJo were raised in 25 maryston st. My Dad was John McDade but usually refered to as Daity McDade not Dante Alex McDade people get them mixed up. His brothers and sisters were all raised in 39 craigendmuir st (Mick , Rae, Margret and Cathy Mcdade). My mum nee Lesley Nee Griffin were also raised in Maryston st along with her two sisters Margret and Patsy Griffin. Their mum and Dad were Rab and Winnie Griffin who later moved onto 57 Provanmill Rd and then Gala St Riddrie where I now live in their old house. My mums Grandparents also lived in 25 Maryston st Jimmy Whelan And Isabella Whelan , their kids were Winnie Whelan( my Grandmother) James ,Cathy, Lexi and Jean. My Great Grand mother Isabella was German and I would love too hear from anyone who knew any of my family. Cheers BYT

i know you well do you remember me hahaha its michelle how are you honey

+Quote Post
*ann marie carlin*
post 17th Nov 2009, 07:31pm
Post #24

QUOTE (MAUREENMURPHY NEE MCCOMBE @ 11th Aug 2008, 09:20pm) *
hi there imoved to blackhill when i was 14 went to smithycroft school had some good freinds from there ,meet my husband then married ,and had first daughter in 1977. lived in queenslie st then moved to craigendmuir st when married, had some good memories of blackhill, hi to any one who remembers me . maureen

+Quote Post
*neil mclean*
post 22nd Nov 2009, 03:08pm
Post #25

QUOTE (TJM kid @ 12th Apr 2009, 07:31pm) *
My parent's lived at 11 Craigendmuir St; Tom & Lily McPhail. My dad's parent's lived at 53 Craigendmuir St; John and Bridgit McPhail and my mom's parent's lived at 59 Craigendmuir St., Hugh and Katie Boyle. My mom's sister's family lived at 22 Maryston; Cathy and Jack McLean. My parent's moved to Canada in 1972 but would love to hear from anyone that remembers them.

+Quote Post
*neil mclean*
post 22nd Nov 2009, 03:14pm
Post #26

My parent's lived at 11 Craigendmuir St; Tom & Lily McPhail. My dad's parent's lived at 53 Craigendmuir St; John and Bridgit McPhail and my mom's parent's lived at 59 Craigendmuir St., Hugh and Katie Boyle. My mom's sister's family lived at 22 Maryston; Cathy and Jack McLean. My parent's moved to Canada in 1972 but would love to hear from anyone that remembers them.

hi
my name is neil mclean my granparents were neil & agnes mccrimmon from 59 craigendmuir st, i am mary mccrimmons eldest son, i have a younger brother and a younger sister, i believe my grandmother was a friend of mrs boyle, i remember her speaking highly of her, my mums sisters are betty & jean who sadly passed away at a young age due to illness, mum was pleased to see ur post and sends regards to the family

+Quote Post
*debie*
post 10th Dec 2009, 01:36pm
Post #27

Come on the auld Blackhill peeeppps!

+Quote Post
*william macphail*
post 26th Dec 2009, 11:09pm
Post #28

+Quote Post
*william macphail*
post 26th Dec 2009, 11:32pm
Post #29

hi my name is william macphail i was born at no 8 acrehill st 1943 i believ yourdads perents ounce lived at no 18 acrehill st and later moved to craigendmuir st john and brigit mcphail had two sons the oldest was ronnie who used to play the acordian sorry i cant remember the other sons name 26 12 hope to here from you

+Quote Post
*jean boyle*
post 6th Jan 2010, 10:58pm
Post #30

My grandparents lived in Craigendmuir St and they were called Hugh and Margaret Boyle (they had a daughter called Katie). They also had family members who lived in Maryston St. Thought that was a coincidence!!! Would love to hear from anyone who remembers them.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.