Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anderston
caledonia61
post 17th Jan 2014, 04:33pm
Post #46

Unpacking
Member No.: 12,437
Hi Bill

I realise your post is now 3 years old but am posting this in case you are still a board member.

My grandfather was Robert McMunnigall and my grandmother Margaret from Anderston.

My father was William Stevenson McMunnigall.

I think you will find there are less than 25 people in the world with the spelling McMunnigall and we are all related.

Funnily enough my brother Bill McMunnigall lives in your part of the world in Sydney.

Hope this is of interest to you.

Ronnie McMunnigall

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caledonia61
post 17th Jan 2014, 04:48pm
Post #47

Unpacking
Member No.: 12,437
QUOTE (Stevie3 @ 11th Oct 2011, 01:33am) *
Hi anyone know any Stevensons William James John Sarah and Margaret they were all born I think in Cadzow St William Married Magaret Robertson James married Mary Speirs Sarah married Robert Mcguire Margaret Married Robert McMunnigall John never married

Happy to hear from anyone who knows any of their decendants

Bill Stevenson in Australia

Busman

Hi Bill

i have replied to your post see post #46 but did not attach it to your post as new to posting on this site.

Ronnie McMunnigall

+Quote Post
*izzie caffrey*
post 17th May 2014, 07:03pm
Post #48

QUOTE (Billy Fleming @ 11th Apr 2009, 08:55pm) *
Hello there my family are all born n bred in Anderston in and around Grace St, my mum is Betty Bennett her dad was Henry and he married Jeannie Brannigan daughter of Eddie, also McIlroy's too anyone around then
cheers billy

+Quote Post
**Isabel**
post 23rd May 2014, 12:42pm
Post #49

Hi you were interested in Catherine place,my granny Mitchell and aunt Mary lived in the middle right they stayed there for years until they moved to Knightswood when the building was demolished.

+Quote Post
chrislaff1912
post 4th Dec 2014, 05:33am
Post #50

Unpacking
Member No.: 25,692
Hi Isabel,
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your post,I have tried to link this to yours but it probably won't work. I'm not very good with computers and the Like.
I am interested in Catherine Place, I lived in number 3.
What was your Granny's first name?
Was your ant Mary's nam Mitchell ?
Was it number 3 they lived in.
I have an older Brother who was 14 when Catherine Place was demolished, if I don't remember them he definitely will as he has a forensic memory.
Did you visit your granny at Catherine Place?
Where was it you lived Isabel?
Thanks for taking the time to respond and I will watch out for your next reply.
Kind Regards
Chris Lafferty

+Quote Post
*Ann Marie Kayes*
post 16th Dec 2014, 12:38pm
Post #51

My family name is Macreadie. my father Frank was born in wee William Street where the Hilton Hotel is now. We stayed in Lancefield street until 1958 when we moved to Easterhouse.

+Quote Post
*johngoroven*
post 10th Aug 2015, 04:31pm
Post #52

QUOTE (John57 @ 18th Nov 2008, 12:11am) *
i also was born in Anderston in 1957 as was my brothers and sisters..my surname is Grimes..i was born in crimea st..played in the swing park..and robert was the name of the parkie..we also stayed at corner of Bishop St it was then that my brother Robert died near Anderston cross hit by a bus 1962.. my dada worked some nights in quentins and the Wee Mans bars..as a kid growing up there i thot it was great...my mums family been in Anderston since 1860s and really its any member of her family or descendants im looking for now...her maiden name was McMunnagil.. father Robert(ben)..grandparents John and Mary..grt grandparents Robert and Isabella..other families that married into them or a family member was ... McConnel..Murphy..Andrews... Morrison..Black.. Armstrong.. ive tried other sites looking for members genes reunited so if you see this and recognise something and are a member on genes then look for my posts on the Trying to find Board... McMunnagil/Mc|Munnagill..

Hi

+Quote Post
Mlm
post 22nd Jun 2016, 04:00pm
Post #53

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,721
QUOTE (samuel Docherty @ 14th May 2010, 06:31pm) *
i was born in Anderston 1n 1946 live in Holm street and there where a lot off good memories from there and pals J Cassidy ,J ,Mc Nabb [nabby] G.Kirkwood,Bobby Wilson, Brian Folley,G.Cassidy ,the list is endless and the things we got up to is unprintable the girls where nice to it was a great place at that time biggrin.gif

Hi Sam,I was born at number 202 holm st and I remember you,my name was tottie and John mc nab was my best mate,have not heard from John since we moved to knightswood

+Quote Post
Mlm
post 24th Sep 2016, 08:37pm
Post #54

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,721
QUOTE (samuel Docherty @ 14th May 2010, 06:31pm) *
i was born in Anderston 1n 1946 live in Holm street and there where a lot off good memories from there and pals J Cassidy ,J ,Mc Nabb [nabby] G.Kirkwood,Bobby Wilson, Brian Folley,G.Cassidy ,the list is endless and the things we got up to is unprintable the girls where nice to it was a great place at that time biggrin.gif

I remember you Sam,my best mate was John McNab,I was called tottie,lived in 202 holm st,never heard how John is .

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 24th Sep 2016, 11:21pm
Post #55

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
QUOTE (John57 @ 18th Nov 2008, 01:03am) *
i also was born in Anderston in 1957 as was my brothers and sisters..my surname is Grimes..i was born in crimea st..played in the swing park..and robert was the name of the parkie..we also stayed at corner of Bishop St it was then that my brother Robert died near Anderston cross hit by a bus 1962.. my dada worked some nights in quentins and the Wee Mans bars..as a kid growing up there i thot it was great...my mums family been in Anderston since 1860s and really its any member of her family or descendants im looking for now...her maiden name was McMunnagil.. father Robert(ben)..grandparents John and Mary..grt grandparents Robert and Isabella..other families that married into them or a family member was ... McConnel..Murphy..Andrews... Morrison..Black.. Armstrong.. ive tried other sites looking for members genes reunited so if you see this and recognise something and are a member on genes then look for my posts on the Trying to find Board... McMunnagil/Mc|Munnagill..

Hi John

I have just stumbled on to this topic and the name McMunnagil caught my attention. My granny, was Isabella Walker (maiden name McMunnagil), and she lived in Dennistoun. Offhand, I can't remember when she was born but she passed away in the 70s aged 80+. I do remember she had a brother Sonny and she also called her eldest son Robert. My sister Isabel (also Isabella) has a second name McMunnagil, having been called after our granny.

It all sounds possible that there could be a connection with your family. I do hope so. One of my cousins in Scotland tracked the family tree and found that there were several spellings of the name McMunnagil, some of whom were our descendants. I would have replied to your enquiry years ago if I had seen it then.

Here's hoping!

Betty

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture

+Quote Post
*Cathie Lynch*
post 17th Oct 2016, 08:20pm
Post #56

QUOTE (A.G. Mackinnon @ 8th Aug 2009, 07:10pm) *
Hi, my family were all born & raised at 45 Carrick St, & lived there until around 1952, then we were moved to Garnethill.
My dad's name was Jimmy & my mothers Phemia, & they had seven girls & five boys in a room & kitchen. Other Mackinnon family (Aunts/Uncles) at the"top" & "bottom" of the St.

Hello! Cathie McKinnon here from #9 at the bottom of Carrick Street!! Danny and Elizabeth's youngest of 7. Hugs.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.