Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help: Location Of Number 715 Maryhill Road In 1913-14?
daddymuzza
post 16th Dec 2009, 12:59am
Post #16

Special Visitor
Member No.: 2,434
http://urbanglasgow.marvin.myfastforum.org..._about1566.html

think number 715 Maryhill Road must be in the above link
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dimairt
post 16th Dec 2009, 11:01am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,616
Good post DaddyMuzza. It's a different view of the same building: mine from the canal; yours from the street.
Here's another.
Le durachd,

Eddy

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
DOLKIN
post 16th Dec 2009, 06:00pm
Post #18

Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,372
that last picture bring back so many memories maryhill carpets the old car showroom were i seen baycity rollers inglis house across from the strathmore dr viapree,s surgery sadly past now after years in maryhill health centre

+Quote Post
Dimairt
post 24th Dec 2009, 07:59am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Here's a wonderful colour snap of St George's Rd looking down to the Cross, taken from North Woodside Rd. This is where Number 403 was.
Thanks to Jim Purplethistle for this. If you want to see more of the same, I'm giving a talk/slide show of the area, St George's Cross to Queen's Cross 1950-1975, in Woodside Library on Tuesday
12 th January at 6.30.

Le durachd,

Eddy

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
ceader bhoy
post 24th Dec 2009, 10:18am
Post #20

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,576
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 24th Dec 2009, 07:57am) *
Here's a wonderful colour snap of St George's Rd looking down to the Cross, taken from North Woodside Rd. This is where Number 403 was.
Thanks to Jim Purplethistle for this. If you want to see more of the same, I'm giving a talk/slide show of the area, St George's Cross to Queen's Cross 1950-1975, in Woodside Library on Tuesday
12 th January at 6.30.

Le durachd,

Eddy

the shop on the right hand side was the ayrshire dairy we down at night time bought hot rolls they were delicious tongue.gif with echo margarine biggrin.gif came from cedar place cheers c/b

+Quote Post
Dimairt
post 24th Dec 2009, 11:23am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ceader bhoy @ 24th Dec 2009, 10:16am) *
the shop on the right hand side was the ayrshire dairy we down at night time bought hot rolls they were delicious tongue.gif with echo margarine biggrin.gif came from cedar place cheers c/b

Thanks CB, that's just the kind of detail I can use in the talk. Opposite is the chip-shop where we used to buy fritters, 3 for 6d, every Tuesday night after Life-Boys in the church - with me , Ritchie and Robert, my pals , taking it in turns to buy them.

Le dýrachd,

Eddy

+Quote Post
daddymuzza
post 20th Jan 2010, 11:55am
Post #22

Special Visitor
Member No.: 2,434
hidden glasgow forums

1972 OS map of the area shows where number 715 maryhill was

http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/viewto...d&start=345

+Quote Post
Foxy52
post 20th Jan 2010, 12:50pm
Post #23

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,742
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 24th Dec 2009, 02:57am) *
12 th January at 6.30.

Le durachd,

Eddy

Wasn't the RSPCA animal hospital next door to the dairy? l seem to remember my pal and l taking his dog there for treatment.
Foxy

+Quote Post
ceader bhoy
post 20th Jan 2010, 04:13pm
Post #24

Super City Key Holder
QUOTE (Foxy52 @ 20th Jan 2010, 12:48pm) *
Wasn't the RSPCA animal hospital next door to the dairy? l seem to remember my pal and l taking his dog there for treatment.
Foxy

foxy52/the rspca was in the st on the right of the picture,woodside terrace, cheers c/b

+Quote Post
Foxy52
post 20th Jan 2010, 06:59pm
Post #25

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,742
QUOTE (ceader bhoy @ 20th Jan 2010, 11:11am) *
foxy52/the rspca was in the st on the right of the picture,woodside terrace, cheers c/b

Cheers Ceader Bhoy, I meant to ask you about Mick Penders, how is he doing?
Also l see that you stay in Parkhouse? my granny when she was alive lived at 205 Crowhill Street in the late 50s, but then she moved to 102 Glenhead Street. She ended up back in Crowhill Street in some kind of assisted living place , she died there about 7 or 8 years ago.
Foxy

+Quote Post
ceader bhoy
post 20th Jan 2010, 07:36pm
Post #26

Super City Key Holder
QUOTE (Foxy52 @ 20th Jan 2010, 06:57pm) *
Cheers Ceader Bhoy, I meant to ask you about Mick Penders, how is he doing?
Also l see that you stay in Parkhouse? my granny when she was alive lived at 205 Crowhill Street in the late 50s, but then she moved to 102 Glenhead Street. She ended up back in Crowhill Street in some kind of assisted living place , she died there about 7 or 8 years ago.
Foxy

foxy, i think mick penders is dead, i know his sister margaret died last year,she was married to arthur fanning he died a few years ago, they lived in the jungle,heard ned rusk from the buttny passed away did you know him, my brothers are from killearn st charles & william callaghan, did you hang about there in your young days cheers c/b

+Quote Post
margie
post 21st Jan 2010, 07:25pm
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,901
Ceader boy, I,v just read your post and i see you,ve mentioned ned rusk. Did he used to live in shannon st. and he had 3 brothers , James ,John , David and a sister Sadie. If so he is my second cousin. Also you talk about mick penders this name is very familiar to me can you tell me the name of any of his mates and where they hung about when they were young .thanks. Cheers Margie. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
ceader bhoy
post 21st Jan 2010, 08:10pm
Post #28

Super City Key Holder
margie ned rusk was born at oakbank st of the garscube rd i am sure they moved to drumchapel when the house he was living in got pulled down maybe wrong,know he lived in ruchill he was in the same class as me at st secondery school st columbas, he had a stroke when he was a young man and walked with a limp, meet him in the mitchell library a few years ago but he could not remember me, heared he died hope am wrong, did his older brother have ginger hair,the reason i know mick penders his mother was my aunties sister inlaw maggie penders from shuna st ruchill,mick was a nice guy never walked by you hers a photo of oakbank st the building the rusk lived in has been pulled down cheers c/b

+Quote Post
ceader bhoy
post 21st Jan 2010, 08:37pm
Post #29

Super City Key Holder
QUOTE (ceader bhoy @ 21st Jan 2010, 08:08pm) *
margie ned rusk was born at oakbank st of the garscube rd i am sure they moved to drumchapel when the house he was living in got pulled down maybe wrong,know he lived in ruchill he was in the same class as me at st secondery school st columbas, he had a stroke when he was a young man and walked with a limp, meet him in the mitchell library a few years ago but he could not remember me, heared he died hope am wrong, did his older brother have ginger hair,the reason i know mick penders his mother was my aunties sister inlaw maggie penders from shuna st ruchill,mick was a nice guy never walked by you hers a photo of oakbank st the building the rusk lived in has been pulled down cheers c/b

margie,her the photo

+Quote Post
ceader bhoy
post 21st Jan 2010, 08:38pm
Post #30

Super City Key Holder
QUOTE (ceader bhoy @ 21st Jan 2010, 08:08pm) *

margie,her the photo
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Nov 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.