Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where I Was Born, How About You?
Doug1
post 7th Jun 2012, 08:02am
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,899
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 27th Dec 2009, 09:15am) *
Alas another great place Redlands Hospital is no longer, hey but I'm still here biggrin.gif

Hi Penny I was born in Redlands hospital which I think was on Great Western road in February 1942. I dont remember much about it except that it was during the war

--------------------
ave got my opinion as well
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Marie McIntosh*
post 8th Mar 2016, 07:12pm
Post #47

QUOTE (tombro @ 23rd Jun 2009, 11:15am) *
My Birth Certificate says I was born at the Glasgow Maternity Hospital on the eighth of February, 1950. The home address of my parents was 47 Nethan Street, Govan.

If anyone can post a picture of either, then or now, I'd be ever grateful !

Tombro rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 5th Apr 2016, 03:57pm
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
I was born in 26 Guthrie St ,in what we called the big room thumbup.gif

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
Elma
post 5th Apr 2016, 09:50pm
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
I was born at home too, at 31 the Rand Square, Eastriggs, Dumfriesshire. Have you noticed how small the line is for you to put your birthplace on forms etc. It is very hard to get all that, well the Eastriggs Dumfriesshire anyway on the space provided laugh.gif I didn't come to Glasgow until I was 10 years old.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 10th Apr 2016, 10:28pm
Post #50

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (wee mags @ 5th Apr 2016, 05:05pm) *
I was born in 26 Guthrie St ,in what we called the big room :thumbup:

Hello Mags

Was that above or below Garbraid Avenue? My Dad's brother, Hugh Harris lived in the last close at the juction with Garbraid Avenue in the Corporation houses. So with you talking about the big room , I take it you lived in the tenements above Garbraid Avenue. My mother worked in the wee grocers shop in Guthrie Street above Garbraid Avenue in the late 1930's.

Many years later, the first house I lived in after being married was a single end in Balfour Street.

Regards

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
*Chris masters*
post 4th Mar 2018, 07:35pm
Post #51

Hi Big Jock am a bit late but thats where my family stayed 15 Govanhill street and it brings a tear to my eye thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
*Vix*
post 7th May 2018, 09:12pm
Post #52

QUOTE (poolie @ 8th Apr 2012, 05:38pm) *
My birth certificate says where I was born 10 Clairmont gardens Glasgow. would this be like a nursing home?

This is not a family address.My date of birth is March 1945.

My birth was registered at Kelvingrove district is that where this address is?

This post is so old this reply will probably not be noticed, but I was researching 10 Clairmont Gardens and came across this. My mum was born at this address in March 1947 and her mum confirmed it was a nursing home at the time.

+Quote Post
Stillroom
post 14th Jun 2018, 07:42am
Post #53

Special Visitor
Member No.: 8,022
[quote name='Frank981' post='320453' date='4th Oct 2010, 05:23am']I was brought up in Polmadie street bounded by Calder street and Hamilton street.I lived next door to the primary school and attended the local church, was in the Squibs,Lifeboys,Boys Brigade,it was a very close knit community.Sadly the tenements/school

--------------------
Katie Bairdie

+Quote Post
Stillroom
post 14th Jun 2018, 07:50am
Post #54

Special Visitor
Member No.: 8,022
QUOTE (CAMPSIE @ 12th Oct 2010, 11:49am) *
I was born 28 Stobcross Street, kelvingrove 1948, but first memory is of 9 McLean Street Kinning Park.

I lived at 85 Stobcross Street, Anderston, born in Oakbank Hospital in 1946, my mum and her three sisters had been bombed out and had only a single end in Lilac Place, for 4 mums and kids so it was fantastic to get a flat, converted from 2 shops, we even had a bathroom, they moved us all out in 1953 to Barlanark, end of the world!

--------------------
Katie Bairdie

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Jul 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.