Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where I Was Born, How About You?
martin_glasgow
post 28th Dec 2009, 04:24pm
Post #31

Super Visitor
Member No.: 1,297
Hi..Was Born In Willock Street Maryhill In 1955 In A Single End With Outside Tolilet.Then Moved To Maryhill Barracks (Wyndford) Stayed In Australia For A while,Have Now Been Back In Glasgow For Many Years…
Martin…
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*rosemary morgan*
post 4th Sep 2010, 07:02am
Post #32

please help me, I was born in 1954 and lived at 87 Forbes Street Gallowgate then at Maryhill street .lost all contacts of my life, I have a brother called James Morgan and a sister called Margret Morgan her last known address was Easterhouse. Does anybody remember me or my family?

+Quote Post
Frank981
post 4th Oct 2010, 04:23am
Post #33

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,554
I was brought up in Polmadie street bounded by Calder street and Hamilton street.I lived next door to the primary school and attended the local church, was in the Squibs,Lifeboys,Boys Brigade,it was a very close knit community.Sadly the tenements/school no longer exist.

+Quote Post
*Rosemary Morgan*
post 8th Oct 2010, 05:57pm
Post #34

Hi I posted a message a while ago asking anybody who might know or remember me or my family we lived at 87 Forbes Street Gallowgate my sister Margaret my brother was called James Morgan, I then lived at Maryhill Street.I was born at Rottenrow in 1954,anybody who remembers me or my family PLEASE REPLY!!

+Quote Post
campsie
post 12th Oct 2010, 10:49am
Post #35

Super Resident
Member No.: 8,874
I was born 28 Stobcross Street, kelvingrove 1948, but first memory is of 9 McLean Street Kinning Park.

+Quote Post
Elma
post 13th Oct 2010, 04:19am
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
I was sure I had posted here before but on looking back, I hadn't. I was born in Eastriggs, Dumfriesshire moving to Annan when I was two. I lived in Glasgow for all of 6 months before going back to Annan for the duration of the war. I returned to Upland Road, Scotstoun Glasgow where I stayed till I married when I lived in Kenmure Street, Pollokshields then moved to 10 Kendal Avenue, Giffnock before emigrating to British Columbia, Canada. I have been here since 1967 living in Vancouver and Port Coquitlam and am now in Kimberley, a resort town in the Canadian Rockies.

My life in a nutshell............. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
auchenshuggle
post 13th Oct 2010, 08:02pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,409
so elma, yer a wee doon hamer? biggrin.gif

--------------------
i saw a coo upon a hill its no there noo it mustve vanished.

+Quote Post
Elma
post 14th Oct 2010, 01:32am
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
Yep, shuggs, that's me - and a Queen of the South supporter to boot!!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jimmuck
post 17th Oct 2010, 01:13am
Post #39

Resident
Member No.: 546
Ah wiss born at 42 Cowlairs Rd, Springburn an' if ye look at the photae? doon that street an' right above the wee phone box? that wee single-end windae? that wiss oor wee single-end, ootside lavvy, palace where 6 of us wiss born ... we moved tae Balornock, Wallacewell Rd, in 1946 an' it wiss PARADISE! oor ain Ponderosa, "Wagons Rollllllllll" LoL!

and, jist tae show yese that ah like yese? ah'm gonnie share a photae that a pal of mine took on Beautiful Cape Breton Island, where she lives on Chapel Island .... it's of a sunset on Bras d'or Lake (Bras d'or means Arm of Gold in Spanish) izzatt noa clever eh? enjoy the gorgeous sunset an' count your blessings, not your enemies, LoL!

--------------------
"Watch Yurr Mooth!"

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 17th Oct 2010, 09:39am
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
Yes indeed, especially if you are sitting back and relaxing listening to Buddy MacMaster or his niece Natalle playing the fiddle!
Great spot Cape Breton with lots of Scottish connections.

+Quote Post
Jimmuck
post 21st Oct 2010, 03:45am
Post #41

Resident
Member No.: 546
Hi' Mitchell, I knew Buddy when I lived in St.Peter's just across the Island from his home in Judique, Natalie lived in Troy, but now she's married to Donal Lehey of "The Lehey's" (Izzatt the right spelling? ma brain's nippin, LoL!" and possibly living in the Peterborough area of Ontario? Cameron Chisolm of Margaree Forks was always my fav'
Cape Breton has gifted the world with some beautiful musicians, but they needed the base of Guid Scots Music tae build oan.

--------------------
"Watch Yurr Mooth!"

+Quote Post
dizzybint
post 22nd Oct 2010, 09:27am
Post #42

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
so true Jimmuck.. but lovely place your in noo....
born in England brought up in Scotland.. wae a Scots mammy so am Scottish thru and thru.. and dont say any different.. hahaha.

+Quote Post
**Bridie**
post 25th Jan 2011, 12:54pm
Post #43

QUOTE (rosemary morgan @ 4th Sep 2010, 06:40am) *
please help me, I was born in 1954 and lived at 87 Forbes Street Gallowgate then at Maryhill street .lost all contacts of my life, I have a brother called James Morgan and a sister called Margret Morgan her last known address was Easterhouse. Does anybody remember me or my family?

Today being Burns day, I was thinking of Scotland and found this site ....

I'm sorry I can't help you Rosemary, I'm in the same boat as you, also born in 1954, so I just wanted to say that I know how you feel and that I hope you find your family again.

If, on the off chance somebody just might know about me :

I know I was born in Rotten Row Hospital in the middle of July 1954. Maybe, if anyone who reads this and was born on or around the 15th could ask their mothers if they met mine then? They would remember her, she was very very young, about twelve years old, and I was immediately adopted. I don't know anything else about her and still wonder about her.

I have sadly never visited Glasgow, and have lived abroad most of my life. Scotland is what I read about and see on the TV or Internet but I do feel profoundly Scottish, even though I live abroad and speak in another language, I have enjoyed finding this site and reading all the posts here.

"Lang may all your lums reek"! wink.gif

+Quote Post
poolie
post 8th Apr 2012, 05:38pm
Post #44

Resident
Member No.: 8,428
My birth certificate says where I was born 10 Clairmont gardens Glasgow. would this be like a nursing home?

This is not a family address.My date of birth is March 1945.

My birth was registered at Kelvingrove district is that where this address is?

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 9th Apr 2012, 02:17am
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
QUOTE (poolie @ 8th Apr 2012, 10:43am) *
My birth certificate says where I was born 10 Clairmont gardens Glasgow. would this be like a nursing home?

This is not a family address.My date of birth is March 1945.

My birth was registered at Kelvingrove district is that where this address is?

I remember staying in a small hotel not far from that address not too long ago and was very surprised how beautiful that whole neighbourhood was,seemed like one of the loveliest places I've seen in Glasgow....hope someone on here can help you,I'm sure they will.....Campbell

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.