Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow Bands In The 60s, The Golden Crusaders and the Dream Police
Rating 5 V
Brian Lawrence
post 9th Feb 2009, 02:04pm
Post #151

Settling In
Member No.: 5,587
Hi,

Live link for 'Scotbands' iswww.scotbands.moonfruit.com

Brian Lawrence
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kirahmicays
post 14th Feb 2009, 05:05pm
Post #152

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,545
QUOTE (thefergie2@comcast.net @ 17th Mar 2007, 10:25am) *
I don’t know how the rumor started that Ian Clews is dead. He is very much alive living and working on a horse ranch in California.(his first love is horses) My name is Fergie, I worked for many bands from Glasgow. The Sabers. Meridians, Pathfinders, Stoics. Marmalade. Hung out at the Empire Bar most afternoons. If anyone remembers me please let me know.

Hi Fergie:
My name is Joan and I lived at 30 Mercers Road in London, during the late 60's. Are you Ian Ferguson? If so, it's been a long time, but I still remember you. I now live in America and came across this site recently. If you get this, please respond.

+Quote Post
*lennie prow*
post 8th Mar 2009, 10:47pm
Post #153

1967 top of the bill long john baldry lulu also on the next week jimmy james and the vagabonds

+Quote Post
*JustTommy*
post 14th Mar 2009, 06:53pm
Post #154

QUOTE (4ppleseed @ 1st May 2006, 02:41pm) *
Hello,

Sorry to drag this thread back up from last year. We found it whilst searching, via Google about the GREAT Scottish bands of the 60s.

My mum lived in Glasgow at the end of the 60s, early 70s and remembers seeing all the great bands mentioned above.

She was wondering if anybody could remember the original members of the Chris McClure Section? And wonders whatever happened to 'Little Tommy'?

+Quote Post
*J2.*
post 15th Mar 2009, 03:29pm
Post #155

Hi Joan

What an address - I still keep in touch with a some of the past residents of Mercers Road.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Andy Mulvey? ex Spriits, Poets & Mustard, last heard of in Australia.

J2

+Quote Post
*mike mclean*
post 29th Mar 2009, 04:47pm
Post #156

There's a Glasgow beat group special on YourRadio 1069.fm tonight Sunday, March 29, 2009, with Alan Mair, bass player with The Beatstalkers playing some of his favourite bands, including The Blues Council, The Pathfinders, The Stoics, Poets, Dream Police, between 7 and 10pm with myself, Mike McLean, on my regular Sunday night 60s/70s show, The Vinyl Frontier.
You can listen anywhere on-line at yourradiofm.com.

+Quote Post
Dexter St. Clair
post 11th Apr 2009, 03:07pm
Post #157

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,715
Some photos of The Beatstalkers can be found here.

Beatstalkers

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 16th Apr 2009, 02:51pm
Post #158

does anyone remember the royal crests

+Quote Post
*Alex Robertson*
post 24th May 2009, 02:28am
Post #159

Well, well, well,
It is amazing reading all this stuff and seeing people pop up from out of the ether! My brain has been catapulted back 45 years to a more exciting time.
Tom Ferrie and I (Alex Robertson)used to DJ in the Picasso and a few other venues in the west of Scotland (including the islands)( no gig too far), all our bands have somewhat faded into the fog, but a few remain and are still performing, great stuff,great talent.
I have been making a video of all the bands with all the clips and pictures that i can get my hands on as it was a very creative and musically fun time and it needs documenting, before we all go to the great gig in the sky.
Great to see Ludgie is alive and kicking, saw him many times with Santana, I keep in touch with the Nicholson brothers fromPoets/ BLUE (the real ones), Hamish, Joe Breen, Alex Scott, Pat Fairley (Marmalade) and i have recently got a lovely picture of Ian Mc Millan and Ian Clews (very much alve) when they visited Alex Scott (former Dream Police, Pathfinders,Blues Council , Stray Cats and Yes manager now in LA. Great to see Ian Ferguson (Fergie) is alive and well and if anyone knows where Eddie Campbell (Beatstalkers) is i would love to know.
I live in Canada and have done for many years, but i still keep in touch with Jack Mc Laughlin (Laird O Coocaddens),Tiger Tim and Tam visits each year for a game of golf or 2.
A wonderful sight for those of us who may start suffering from senile dementia as it keeps the brain active remembering all the people and places.
There is nothing like it now and sadly on my last visit home most of the venues have long gone and we have lost some of the great talent.
Marvelous to see Hamish and Maggie are still gigging.
Keep it going guys and gals
Love it.
Big Alex
happy.gif happy.gif

+Quote Post
*TracyH*
post 30th May 2009, 02:35am
Post #160

Hello Everyone...Im trying to trace a man who sang around the pubs and clubs in Glasgow in the 60's. His name is Daniel McLaughlin however used the stage name Danny Linn or maybe Lynn. I found out recently that he is my natural dad and would dearly love to find him. I dont have much to go on...only his name, location (glasgow) and that he was good friends with Sydney Devine all those years ago, not much to go on I know but would appreciate it if anyone could help me with information. Thanks x

+Quote Post
*J2.*
post 19th Jun 2009, 10:22pm
Post #161

Hi Alex

Glad to hear you are still alive. I also went to the Picasso at the same time you and Tam were DJs. How you ever managed to get up those ladders I don't know.
I saw Eddie Campbell a couple of years ago at the Beatstalkers reunion gig and I also still keep in touch with a few of the old crowd. Alan Mair, Jeff Allan (Beatstakers) Ian Clews, Fraser Watson (Pathfinders), Matt Irving, Charlie Smith (Dream Police), Graham Knight (Marmalade).
Memories are great.
Take Care rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
aaron king
post 7th Jul 2009, 02:25pm
Post #162

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,776
QUOTE (TracyH @ 30th May 2009, 03:52am) *
Hello Everyone...Im trying to trace a man who sang around the pubs and clubs in Glasgow in the 60's. His name is Daniel McLaughlin however used the stage name Danny Linn or maybe Lynn. I found out recently that he is my natural dad and would dearly love to find him. I dont have much to go on...only his name, location (glasgow) and that he was good friends with Sydney Devine all those years ago, not much to go on I know but would appreciate it if anyone could help me with information. Thanks x

Hi Tracy
way back late 60s early 70s there was a great singer who sang regulary at the Doncaster Club called Danny McLaughlin,he was brilliant singer ,I remember he was slightly built but what a voice,dont know anything about him nowadays but i am sure if you go into maryhill forums on here ,you will jog some memories and maybe more info good luck

+Quote Post
**Mike**
post 10th Jul 2009, 11:10pm
Post #163

QUOTE (hughmac @ 27th Feb 2005, 08:41pm) *
Talking about the Clyde Valley Stompers, does anybody remember the Paisley Back O' Town Syncopators? Think the drummer's name was John McKay, who I worked with in a Glasgow shipping office. He also was a trumpet player.

+Quote Post
**Mike**
post 10th Jul 2009, 11:14pm
Post #164

I remember The Back o' Town Syncopators. The leader & drummer was H Murray Smith, the trumpeter was John A Mackay. I used to see them when they visited Coverntry

+Quote Post
*jimmy brown*
post 14th Jul 2009, 07:29pm
Post #165

hi guys n dolls i came from the east end of glasgow ie cranhill, and i can tell you there was about a dozen bands at that time,there eg ,the bellrocks who set lulu on her way to stardom,also studio 6, the vampires,the wittnesses with hammy ,mick bell and the chaperones,there end of gig song was kelly ,and of course the gaylords(marmalade),also jamie barnes and the heart beats,used to play in the dalriada,edinburgh rd!!!
those were the best days jb.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st Mar 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.