Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Billy Connolly Enter Politics?, Big Yin wanted to front Unionist agenda
JAGZ1876
post 10th Mar 2014, 04:40pm
Post #241

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Mathieson @ 10th Mar 2014, 03:39pm) *
It's all very well the "big stars" being wooed back (personally, I'll believe it when I see it) if Salmond was to pave the way with tax breaks for them but I'm pretty sure the rest of us will not be so lucky.

I would imagine we wouldn't be paying anymore income tax than we are at the moment, maybe even less, but regardless, we would know that our taxes are staying in Scotland for the benefit our own needs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 10th Mar 2014, 09:01pm
Post #242

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,207
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 10th Mar 2014, 04:57pm) *
I would imagine we wouldn't be paying anymore income tax than we are at the moment, maybe even less, but regardless, we would know that our taxes are staying in Scotland for the benefit our own needs.

Yeah, you would imagine. You imagine rather a lot. yes.gif

Meanwhile in the real world......

--------------------
Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

+Quote Post
wombat
post 10th Mar 2014, 09:14pm
Post #243

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 10th Mar 2014, 09:26pm
Post #244

Mega City Key Holder
You most probably believe that is the real world! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 10th Mar 2014, 09:34pm
Post #245

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
rolleyes.gif you heroe's huh? tongue.gif yes.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 10th Mar 2014, 10:17pm
Post #246

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wombat @ 10th Mar 2014, 09:51pm) *
rolleyes.gif you heroe's huh?

Eh whit? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 10th Mar 2014, 10:56pm
Post #247

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
I see 'Billy' just started his tour over here,he was doing a show in Los Angeles this weekend to kick it off!....he's completely recovered from his prostrate surgery and his Parkinsons is under control...Good Luck on your tour Billy!

+Quote Post
angel
post 11th Mar 2014, 12:58am
Post #248

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
I too wish him well and hopefully good health .
and plenty working years ahead . smile.gif

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 11th Mar 2014, 09:01am
Post #249

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Mathieson @ 10th Mar 2014, 09:18pm) *
Meanwhile in the real world......

220,000 Scots children living below the poverty line, food banks, 1.3 trillion national debt, not one penny put away in an oil fund that every other oil producing country has had the sense to do for, Westminster prefers to pay for the costs of privatisations, tax-cuts to the wealthy, London's sewer HS2, HoC renovations, Boris island, Trident and it's next generation, and a countless other vanity projects that an independent Scotland would neither need nor want.

That is the real world we live in at the moment, but we can change all that for Scotland's benefit with a single X on a piece of paper.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 11th Mar 2014, 03:39pm
Post #250

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
JAGZ do you honestly believe things will change overnight with the 'x' in the box?

I wish I could believe what you're saying, but I hay ma doobts!!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Ruchazie Rat
post 11th Mar 2014, 03:52pm
Post #251

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
QUOTE (carmella @ 11th Mar 2014, 03:56pm) *
JAGZ do you honestly believe things will change overnight with the 'x' in the box?

I don`t believe he said anything about "overnight", Carmella. Yes, we will make mistakes at the outset. And learn from them. Unlike our current powers-that-be who "cater" for our needs. At least, this way, we will be close to our new politico overlords. They won`t be way down the other side of the country. And that, I guarantee, will ensure that they think twice before trying it on.

Note "our new politico overlords". New faces. Not old re-invented clapped-out old Unionist hangers-on desperate to cling to something because they know there`s no place for them down south.

+Quote Post
Ruchazie Rat
post 11th Mar 2014, 04:02pm
Post #252

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
QUOTE (Mathieson @ 7th Mar 2014, 10:22pm) *
'Fraid not mate. In truth I couldn't give a tuppeny damn for Connolly's production company any more than I care one iota for Shur Sean Connery wittering on about independence for the country he loves so much he refuses to live here.

I see. As said point might tip Connolly off his pedestal, you choose to ignore it. Fair enough.

QUOTE (Mathieson @ 7th Mar 2014, 10:22pm) *
Just liked the Big Yin's comment as it summed up the situation re nats thinking they owned the country pretty perfectly. thumbup.gif

Like I said, does he mean SNP by "nats"? If so, let him come out and say so. That being the case, maybe he should contact his old shipyard workmates and find out if any voted for the SNP last time round. And, if they did, are they satisfied? At least this way, he could have some vague insight into contemporary Scottish politics. He ain`t getting that hanging around LA, Oz and Notting Hill, now is he? Oh, I forgot. He`s washed his hands of his "ain folk" now he`s The Big Yin PLC. But... that doesn`t stop him building an entire career out of dining out on taking the piss out of us living it large to his Sarf Landan luvvy mates, does it?

On the other hand, maybe he means us, the ordinary "Scots", who, just like Unionists are perfectly entitled to OUR independence viewpoint, when he says "nats think they own the place"? If so, well, that reinforces my point above.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 12th Mar 2014, 12:32am
Post #253

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
I often wonder why the likes of Billy Connolly and Sean Connery's names are brought up whenever Scottish politics are mentioned,they and 100's of other celebrity's that have left Scotland have no intention of ever moving back to their native homeland...as the old saying goes "How'ya gonna' keep'em down on the farm" after they've seen (fill in the blanks)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 12th Mar 2014, 10:11am
Post #254

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (carmella @ 11th Mar 2014, 03:56pm) *

No I don't carmella, but we will leave our next generation a far better and fairer Scotland than we would have under the union.

Do you honestly think Scotland will improve under the union?

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 12th Mar 2014, 12:40pm
Post #255

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Ruchazie Rat @ 11th Mar 2014, 04:09pm) *
Note "our new politico overlords". New faces. Not old re-invented clapped-out old Unionist hangers-on desperate to cling to something because they know there`s no place for them down south.

Like Nicola Sturgeon who took part in a live TV debate and proceeded to screech and wail like a moronic stair-heid ned from start to finish?

Like Joan McAlpine who used Holyrood expenses to pay for a holiday for her married boyfriend, his cuckolded wife and their kids, then tried to cover up the fact and even tried to use the threat of legal action to shut the wife up?

Like Kenny MacAskill who is making a pig's ear of the country's justice system in general and the Abdelbaset al-Megrahi case and the SNP's very own cack-handed anti-sectarianism legislation in particular?

Or even old Shrek Salmond himself who ignores all dissenting comment and maintains that he alone is right - because he said so?

Yeah, bring on the new faces I must say....
Geeza brek! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.