Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wilson's Zoo On Oswald Street
*Gladys W. Anderson*
post 5th Apr 2016, 09:21am
Post #31

QUOTE (Agnes & Robert @ 19th Feb 2009, 03:22am) *
Can anybody remember the Amusements at the corner of Argyle St. and Oswald St.also Wilson's Zoo just along on Oswald St.

I have just been talking to a cousin about Wilson's Zoo and can recollect visiting it as a small child.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 13th Apr 2016, 09:47pm
Post #32

QUOTE (Gladys W. Anderson @ 5th Apr 2016, 09:29am) *
I have just been talking to a cousin about Wilson's Zoo and can recollect visiting it as a small child.

I remember them for the fact that my mother forbade me ever to go into them. Something to do with "bad men" or women for that matter.

+Quote Post
*George White*
post 12th Nov 2016, 02:29pm
Post #33

QUOTE (Stillroom @ 27th Feb 2010, 10:27pm) *
I remember when it was closing, my mum and I were walking past when one of the men came out carrying a red a'''d baboon over his shoulder, he recognised my mum, (old neighbour) and stopped to talk I was mortified and folk were laughing, the animals were so old I don't think they had seen daylight in years

+Quote Post
**Sadie**
post 23rd Mar 2017, 07:08pm
Post #34

I had a photograph taken at Oswald street zoo around 1949/50 when I was 4 yrs old with another girl aged 6yrs we were sitting on a 100 yr old tortoise.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.